Regular
Someone need a bex and a lie down!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

charles2

Regular
Someone need a bex and a lie down!
Not sure what a bex is but where I am it is near midnight so a lie down is coming very soon.

And it is not a requirement to participate in the share market and also understand what constitutes insider trading. Easy to research though.

Good night

Reactions: 1 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Can you blame the shorts though?

Everyone gets so high talking about shorts but what exactly is happening here to stop more shorts being accumulated?

If you look at a stock like WBT, there's next to nothing shorts.
And BRN is one of the most shorted stocks.
Surely there's a reason.

Communication via proper channels is the reason.

Don't tell me something like an updated AKD1500 wasn't Ann worthy. It was a slack decision.
And that's why we are here, not hard to understand.

I've been an avid supporter but that decision was slack and a poor excuse.
Does it have anything to do with LDA deal is the real question.
If LDA actually benefited by higher share prices as some claimed, do you think this key step with company would've not been announced?

I have no opinion on this, but just questions, because put options are US system and it's hard to understand how it works even after two years of LDA deal I bet 99% of shareholders don't understand the deal. Is this by design? If not, why not explain how this works?

Something to think about.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

toasty

Regular
Sorry you are way way off. An insider/employee can trade (buy/sell) if he/she doesn't have material information about imminent deals, buy out etc and the company is not in a mandated quiet period ie pre/post earnings etc. Obviously this is the short form but insiders can buy shares in their own company....it happens every day.
You either didn't read what I wrote properly or didn't understand it. The informatrion I referred to is the same as what you have. Insiders do not have to be employees or directors, they are anyone who has material, confidential information. If they have information that is not available to the market at large and they buy/sell then that is definitely insider trading. Yes, people buy and sell shares in the companies they work for. I have done so in the past but NEVER when I was in possession of information not available to the market. This link to an Australian Government website provides a more in-depth explanation but it is basically encapsulated in the first sentence.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

schuey

Regular
You either didn't read what I wrote properly or didn't understand it. The informatrion I referred to is the same as what you have. Insiders do not have to be employees or directors, they are anyone who has material, confidential information. If they have information that is not available to the market at large and they buy/sell then that is definitely insider trading. Yes, people buy and sell shares in the companies they work for. I have done so in the past but NEVER when I was in possession of information not available to the market. This link to an Australian Government website provides a more in-depth explanation but it is basically encapsulated in the first sentence.
So really its a good thing then that no execs or staff are buying shares because their sitting on information that will benefit the sp, thats how you see it?

dippY22

Regular
Doubt they can Charles even if they wanted to,probs all privvy to price senstive info .
Believe restrictions may apply to some ...executives, maybe BOD,....not to others.

dippY22

Regular

dippY22

Regular
Doubt they can Charles even if they wanted to,probs all privvy to price senstive info .
And Toasty....

Rules on Brainchip.com website...

Investor Relations / Governance / Documents / Securities Trading Policy (pdf)

charles2

Regular
So according to this line of reasoning Peter van der Made would NOT have been allowed to gift shares to charity (effectively sell them as he would take a tax write off) because he was in possession of insider information. Seriously?

According to this reasoning an insider would almost never be able to buy or sell shares. And to remind, insiders ALWAYS have information not readily available to the investing public...both good and bad.....that is why they are called insiders

And so for management to back up their optimistic attitude to us shareholders they might buy some shares....show good faith by investing with us.

And I now have read the Brainchip Securities Trading Policy.

The document is not long so I also recommend others interested to read it.

Here is an excerpt on permitted trading by insiders:

1. Permitted dealings
    Where rules 4.1, 6.3 or 6.4 do not apply, Restricted Persons are permitted to trade the Company Securities subject to the notification and approval requirements set out below.
    If a Restricted Person proposes to deal in the Company’s Securities at any time outside the blackout periods specified in rule 6.3, the Restricted Person must first:
    • provide prior written notice of their intention to deal in Company Securities by completing and submitting an Application Form (in the form of Attachment 1) to the applicable person noted in the table in rule 7;
    • obtain prior written clearance to deal in the Company’s Securities from the applicable person noted in the table in section 7 by completing and submitting an Application Form (in the form of Attachment 1); and
    • provide confirmation to the applicable person noted in the table in section 7 that they are not in possession of any inside information,
      at least two trading days before the proposed dealing.
      The proposed dealing must not be entered into until written clearance has been given by the applicable nominated in section 7.
      Any approval to trade can be given, withdrawn or refused by the Company in its discretion without giving any reasons. A decision to refuse approval is final and binding on the person seeking the approval. If approval to trade Company Securities is refused, the person seeking the approval must keep that information
page4image1390746944

[7564849: 23479365_1]
The following types of dealing are excluded from the operation of this policy and may be undertaken at any time (subject to complying with the insider trading prohibitions outlined above in section 4.4):
• transfers to related entities - transfers of Company Securities between a BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN) | Securities Trading Policy| Page 5
confidential and not disclose it to anyone. Any approval to trade under this policy is not an endorsement from the Company and the person doing the trade is individually responsible for their investment decisions and their compliance with insider trading laws.
If granted, trading consent is only valid for a period of 5 business days after notification of approval. Trading consent is automatically deemed to be withdrawn if the person becomes aware of inside information prior to trading.
The insider trading prohibitions apply even when a trade is permitted under this section if it is undertaken by, or procured by, someone in possession of inside information at the time of the trade.
  1. 6.7

Attachments

• 1676385844148.png
    1676385844148.png
    187 bytes · Views: 34
  • Fire
Reactions: 1 users

Damo4

Regular
Just wanted to vent my frustrations:

I am frustrated I can't allocate more spondoolah to this badboi as it now represents a fairly unhealthy part of my portfolio.
I am frustrated that I still have absolute confidence in both the Tech and Management to keep things humming along, but I can't take advantage of these un-reasonably low prices.

Sorry for the rant boys and girls

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Wags

Regular
Just wanted to vent my frustrations:

I am frustrated I can't allocate more spondoolah to this badboi as it now represents a fairly unhealthy part of my portfolio.
I am frustrated that I still have absolute confidence in both the Tech and Management to keep things humming along, but I can't take advantage of these un-reasonably low prices.

Sorry for the rant boys and girls
@Damo4
I have been feeling the same, the belief is there, but not without frustration and anxiety.
Belief still wins, so adding another 10K. (just cant help it)
As I said once before, Im in Self preservation mode. Im trying to protect myself from kicking myself too hard later.
Yes, I could be wrong.
This technology space throws so many curveballs... we are years ahead of the field, and then a company appears to be doing stuff that we thought only Akida could do.
Ive been quietly reading the frustrations and venting, and I get it. Im in the same boat.
But I do trust the Management team, my personal research, and the varied comments and opinions I read and hear.
SHOUTOUT to all the awesome researchers and posters here. I don't want an echo chamber, nor do I want a HotCrapper. Sometimes it gets a bit punishing here, but its the variety of views and responses that gives an all round perspective.

Shoutout to @FactFinder Hope yr well and you share your thoughts here again soon. I for one (of the thousands), miss you.

And a big THANKYOU to the technical genius's here. On my own, I understand very little, but the logic and discussions help me massively, so thankyou.

Note to the manipulators and bastardos', Im not a fan, I don't like you, and my plan is to get YOUR money, not you get mine.

Hang in there Chippers, we will all be at the same bar together soon enough. Be kind and respect each other please.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Damo4

Regular
@Damo4
I have been feeling the same, the belief is there, but not without frustration and anxiety.
Belief still wins, so adding another 10K. (just cant help it)
As I said once before, Im in Self preservation mode. Im trying to protect myself from kicking myself too hard later.
Yes, I could be wrong.
This technology space throws so many curveballs... we are years ahead of the field, and then a company appears to be doing stuff that we thought only Akida could do.
Ive been quietly reading the frustrations and venting, and I get it. Im in the same boat.
But I do trust the Management team, my personal research, and the varied comments and opinions I read and hear.
SHOUTOUT to all the awesome researchers and posters here. I don't want an echo chamber, nor do I want a HotCrapper. Sometimes it gets a bit punishing here, but its the variety of views and responses that gives an all round perspective.

Shoutout to @FactFinder Hope yr well and you share your thoughts here again soon. I for one (of the thousands), miss you.

And a big THANKYOU to the technical genius's here. On my own, I understand very little, but the logic and discussions help me massively, so thankyou.

Note to the manipulators and bastardos', Im not a fan, I don't like you, and my plan is to get YOUR money, not you get mine.

Hang in there Chippers, we will all be at the same bar together soon enough. Be kind and respect each other please.

Sorry mate the 'frustration" was a tongue in cheek comment.
I'm actually quite content with the company and my holdings.
Sure, I'd prefer my paper gains to be higher but what can you do lol.

Reactions: 5 users

Wags

Regular
Sorry mate the 'frustration" was a tongue in cheek comment.
I'm actually quite content with the company and my holdings.
Sure, I'd prefer my paper gains to be higher but what can you do lol.
Ohwell, my thoughts are the still the same, here's to a big green day.

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Sad

Wags

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Can't watch anymore ... what a joke :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Can't watch anymore ... what a joke :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
We are all feeling it. Hang in there mate. Haven't checked my portfolio today, know it'll be shit.

Reactions: 5 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Going nowhere BL .... But wow!!!! (n) we so needed "THAT" announcement??????? would have been hovering around 75/80c now!!! IMO

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
I hope you all burn 🔥 shorter, very soon 😡😡😡😡

Learning 🏖

• Fire

toasty

Regular
So according to this line of reasoning Peter van der Made would NOT have been allowed to gift shares to charity (effectively sell them as he would take a tax write off) because he was in possession of insider information. Seriously?

According to this reasoning an insider would almost never be able to buy or sell shares. And to remind, insiders ALWAYS have information not readily available to the investing public...both good and bad.....that is why they are called insiders

And so for management to back up their optimistic attitude to us shareholders they might buy some shares....show good faith by investing with us.

And I now have read the Brainchip Securities Trading Policy.

The document is not long so I also recommend others interested to read it.

Here is an excerpt on permitted trading by insiders:

1. Permitted dealings
    Where rules 4.1, 6.3 or 6.4 do not apply, Restricted Persons are permitted to trade the Company Securities subject to the notification and approval requirements set out below.
    If a Restricted Person proposes to deal in the Company’s Securities at any time outside the blackout periods specified in rule 6.3, the Restricted Person must first:
    • provide prior written notice of their intention to deal in Company Securities by completing and submitting an Application Form (in the form of Attachment 1) to the applicable person noted in the table in rule 7;
    • obtain prior written clearance to deal in the Company’s Securities from the applicable person noted in the table in section 7 by completing and submitting an Application Form (in the form of Attachment 1); and
    • provide confirmation to the applicable person noted in the table in section 7 that they are not in possession of any inside information,
      at least two trading days before the proposed dealing.
      The proposed dealing must not be entered into until written clearance has been given by the applicable nominated in section 7.
      Any approval to trade can be given, withdrawn or refused by the Company in its discretion without giving any reasons. A decision to refuse approval is final and binding on the person seeking the approval. If approval to trade Company Securities is refused, the person seeking the approval must keep that information
View attachment 29581
[7564849: 23479365_1]
The following types of dealing are excluded from the operation of this policy and may be undertaken at any time (subject to complying with the insider trading prohibitions outlined above in section 4.4):
• transfers to related entities - transfers of Company Securities between a BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN) | Securities Trading Policy| Page 5
confidential and not disclose it to anyone. Any approval to trade under this policy is not an endorsement from the Company and the person doing the trade is individually responsible for their investment decisions and their compliance with insider trading laws.
If granted, trading consent is only valid for a period of 5 business days after notification of approval. Trading consent is automatically deemed to be withdrawn if the person becomes aware of inside information prior to trading.
The insider trading prohibitions apply even when a trade is permitted under this section if it is undertaken by, or procured by, someone in possession of inside information at the time of the trade.
  1. 6.7
What don't you get? PVDM gifted those shares, he didn't trade them so there was no pecuniary benefit to him. Thats one of the determining factors for insider trading. And I don't think its very informative to quote only a part of a company policy; it lacks context. For example, you have not included the definition of "Restricted Persons" so readers are left in the dark about who those people might be.

And at the end of the day it is the legislation around insider trading that is the final arbitor. It even says so in the policy excerpt you have posted (bolded above).

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom