BRN Discussion Ongoing

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good morning from Germany, Esq.!

first of all I need to somewhat curb your enthusiasm, as Purdue University is not Tamal Acharya’s workplace - as I wrote in another post two days ago, he works for both Tata Consultancy Services and NeuroCortex.AI. Instead, the university name next to his place of residence (Bengaluru, formerly known as Bangalore, India) signifies he is an alumni.

In his LinkedIn bio, we can see he pursued a post graduate program at Purdue, a one year intensive course to be precise. Sounds to me as if this this was done online (see reference to Simplilearn that offer online courses and also note that this was 2020-2021, when the US closed their borders to non-US residents due to the COVID-19 pandemic…)

View attachment 60744

While I haven’t yet come across any indication that Purdue University is collaborating with Brainchip, there are certainly some intriguing connections, the most obvious being Purdue is Kristofor Carlson’s Alma Mater!

View attachment 60745

What we do know is that there is neuromorphic research being pursued at Purdue, eg at C-BRIC, the “Center for Brain-inspired Computing Enabling Autonomous Intelligence”, which is “a five-year project supported by $32 million in funding from the Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC) via its Joint University Microelectronics Program, which provides funding from a consortium of industrial sponsors as well as from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.”

View attachment 60746

View attachment 60748

View attachment 60749

The comments in green are just off the top of my head. Some day, we will probably have dot-joined all of these universities! 😂

Then, there is also a tenuous link via GlobalFoundries:

View attachment 60750

So my advice would be to definitely keep Purdue on our watchlist, but to hold off adding it to your majestic scroll for the time being… 😊
Good Morning Frangipani ,

Legend.

Thankyou for the above.

One shall hold the quill steady for now on Perdue.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

CHIPS

Regular
Hi charles2,

when I first saw (and posted) that LinkedIn post 4 hours ago, it still said “April 11”, but I just checked again and noticed it has since been edited to “April 16”, just like it was stated all along in the press release I had copied from the BrainChip website. So I guess April 16 it is. Sigh…
(Note the first image shows that even the earlier post had already been edited - maybe the person in charge had initially gotten the podcast guest wrong as well?! 😜)

I actually start to suspect our company is vying to get included in Guinness World Records 2025 with “the most blunders in consecutive press releases”… 🤣

Next up, just waiting to happen: A social media post on the collaboration with EDGX mixing up the Belgian 🇧🇪 and German 🇩🇪 flags.

But seriously - these constant errors NEED to stop!!! How hard can it be?!

Unprofessional and not befitting for a world-class company…

View attachment 60713

View attachment 60712

Same here (in the newsletter)

1712911818251.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

CHIPS

Regular
Hi, can I ask a favour of those in Germany and beyond.

Is this gentleman the CEO of the German fund that was/is accumulating shares? I cannot remember the name of the fund and if somebody is able to post a recent photo of their shares in Brainchip? Also, does a fund have voting rights for AGM’s?

View attachment 60751

Yes, it is him from "Frankfurter Vermoegen AG."

1712912092962.png

EDIT: New figures

1712912575400.png

They have 2 fonds!

1712912694011.png

Attachments

• 1712912219548.png
    1712912219548.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

rgupta

Regular
Just temt
PC makers have been in a slump since the end of a pandemic-era boom in sales for working and learning from home. The industry has pinned its hopes of a revival on a new generation of laptops and desktops with more powerful chips that can handle artificial intelligence tasks such as summarizing documents without having to send data to the cloud.

Intel is preparing such chips, as are rivals including Qualcomm. Reuters has reported that Nvidia also plans to use its strength in AI chips to jump into the PC market with a new chip as early as 2025.

Apple is planning to highlight the AI processing capabilities of the new chips

Just remember our 1st podcast was there with Dell

Reactions: 4 users

JoMo68

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Is this gentleman the CEO of the German fund that was/is accumulating shares? I cannot remember the name of the fund and if somebody is able to post a recent photo of their shares in Brainchip? Also, does a fund have voting rights for AGM’s?

View attachment 60751
Geez...I'm thinking I might send them one of these or similar to neaten things up a bit.

First it was tableclothgate...now it's cablegate. :LOL:

Screenshot_2024-04-12-17-19-03-14_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Frangipani

Regular
Afternoon MDhere ,

Have not added ERICSSON yet ... though thay have / are playing with our tech , as per the documents reveiled.

Need a little more time and proof...confirmation from their or our chief Indian.

THE BRAINCHIP SCROLL.

Note : there may well be others which I have missed ... so this should by no means be considered exhaustive.

Regards,
Esq.

Speaking of your legendary scroll - I’ve been meaning to ask you, what was it that ultimately convinced you to include Ericsson in your list shortly after posting the above? 🤔

To me, this is a little premature, as I understood those circulating lists to be about companies and institutions Brainchip has verifiably been engaged with and not about companies or institutions whose researchers may have experimented with AKD1000 without Brainchip even being aware (and possibly finding out from us here on TSE, once two or more of the 1000 Eyes have spotted a publication.) That list would evidently be much, much longer!

Unfortunately, FF’s question about Ericsson went unanswered during the recent Virtual Investor Roadshow, but he had nevertheless included Ericsson in his list and has been pushing this connection very hard ever since. Mind you, I am not saying at all they couldn’t be behind one of the NDAs, but currently there is not enough evidence for me to add them to one of those lists.

Personally, I’d much prefer to place Ericsson under the iceberg waterline for the time being, as we simply don’t know whether those Ericsson researchers who published that often quoted December 2023 paper (Towards 6G Zero-Energy Internet of Things…) have been engaged with our company in any official way.

Especially since Ericsson has been closely collaborating with Intel - they even established a joint lab in Santa Clara, CA in 2022.

https://www.ericsson.com/en/news/20...ach-new-milestone-with-tech-hub-collaboration

“The Ericsson-Intel Tech Hub has established itself as an incubator for cutting-edge advancements and new hardware technology exploration, achieving one milestone after another. Celebrating a series of firsts – including the recent successful Cloud RAN call using Intel’s future Xeon processor, codenamed Granite Rapids-D – the hub has been instrumental in the development of technologies that help service providers build open, resilient, sustainable and intelligent mobile networks.”

Around the same time some Ericsson researchers were playing with Akida last year, as is evident by the December 2023 publication @Fullmoonfever shared with us on Boxing Day, at least one other Ericsson employee who is a Senior Researcher for Future Computing Platforms was very much engaged with Intel and gave a presentation on “Neuromorphic Optimisers in Telecommunications Networks” using Loihi in July 2023.

IMG_9083.jpeg

1712909898021.png

63CA7524-01AD-4F95-ACE7-18A797A36DFB.jpeg

And a couple of weeks ago, Intel published a podcast with Mischa Dohler, VP of Emerging Technologies at Ericsson in Silicon Valley and formerly a university professor at King’s College London, who was the Chair of the Wireless Communications Department there as well as Director of their Centre for Telecommunications Research.

He was already involved with Ericsson while still in the UK:

D48D8938-C01C-4735-9517-A253E08FD256.jpeg

In this podcast, shared here on TSE a couple of times in recent weeks, Mischa Dohler - amongst other things - shared his thoughts on neuromorphic and quantum computing, and while it was a great endorsement of the benefits of neuromorphic technology in general, he was rather vague about the scope of its future integration at Ericsson.

See the podcast video in Bravo’s link:
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-418271

And here you can read the transcript:

Camille Morhardt 15:39

Explain neuromorphic computing to us.

Mischa Dohler 15:42

It’s an entirely new compute paradigm, right? So in the computer science world, we talk about a Von Neumann architecture. So Von Neumann introduced that architecture, saying, “Hey, let’s have the compute engine, which we call CPU these days, decoupled from the memory where you store your information, and then connect it with a little bus there.” And that takes a lot of time to actually get this information forth and back between memory and compute. It costs a lot of energy.

Now, along comes neuromorphic, where you have actually completely new materials, which allow you to put computing and memory in the very same instance. So you don’t need to ship all that information forth and back, you can do it in many ways. One way is just to use very new material, kind of meta materials to make that happen. And it turns out by doing this, you save a lot of energy, because you know, you can suddenly just maintain part of the little chip infrastructure, which you need to do certain calculus rather than keeping everything powered at the level of ones and zeros as we deal with our traditional infrastructure.

So it turns out that bringing this memory and compute together, we save a lot of energy. Then people came along said, “Hey, why don’t we build entirely new ways of calculating things?” And the neuromorphic compute fabric allows us to do operations without using energy for multiplications. And multiplications, we need that a lot. Right? So we roughly have additions and multiplications. Now multiplications take about a 10th of the energy today in neuromorphic. Put it all together, and suddenly very complex operations like AI consume a million times less energy than our traditional CPU fabric and GPU fabric. And everyone was, “Hey, why don’t we use that?” And everybody got very excited about this, of course, loads of technology challenge this, like the very early kind of CPU years in a way.

But you know, companies like Intel, really pushing this very hard and as a great fabric, and other companies out there. And I’m trying to understand, where are we commercially? Would that make sense to implement that? You know, and our gear, we’ll have 6G gear, which we’ll have by then at the end of this decade.

Camille Morhardt 17:56

So how is neuromorphic computing and a roll into 6G?

Mischa Dohler 18:00
So we still don’t know; we’re still investigating as a community. I’m not saying Ericsson per se, but as a community trying to understand where will it be. What we are starting to see, 6G will really be about a lot more antenna elements. So we call this ultra-massive mime, whatever you want to call it at the moment, we may have a 64 elements on the roof. And then maybe you know, you have like six maybe in the phone, “Hey, what if we scale this up to 1,000 antenna elements on the roof?” And then suddenly, you start thinking, “Hey, you know, if I have to power all these 1,000 elements, and connect all the processing, in addition, my bandwidths are getting wider. More users are coming on. My compute energy, you know, will just go through the roof.” And we’ve done the calculus, it’s really crazy. So there’s no way we can do that. So we need new ways of dealing with that energy increase. Neuromorphic comes along. It’s one of the contenders. So it’s not the only one. There’s other stuff as well, we’re looking at. But neuromorphic essentially gives you the ability to really bring down this energy envelope, whilst not jeopardizing the performance on that.

So it turns out that neuromorphic cannot be used for all algorithmic families. So we’re trying to understand what can be done, what cannot be done. Should it be really integral as part of our stack to process data? Or should it sit on the side as we like to do it today?
You know, this is publicly available, then we just call certain acceleration functions when we need it, and then continue with processing. So a lot of question marks, and that makes it so exciting because we need to take very difficult strategic decisions very quickly, to make sure we remain competitive towards the end of this decade.

(…)

So quantum is just such a fascinating fabric, and it’s all evolving. The only downside it has at the moment is it’s extremely energy consuming. So contrast that with neuromorphic, which consumes almost zero, quantum is you need to cool it bring it down. So we need a lot of innovation there. And we also need to make sure that if we use a quantum computer, the problem is so hard that we would need like trillions of years to do it on a normal fabric because then the whole energy story makes sense. It needs to be sustainable.

Camille Morhardt 22:36

It sounds like rather than a consolidation of compute technologies, you’re looking at a heterogeneous mix of compute technologies, depending on the function or the workload, is that accurate?

Mischa Dohler 22:46

Absolutely. It’s a very great observation, Camille. That’s exactly what we’re looking at. And you know, specifically in the heterogeneous setting of quantum and traditional compute, we just published a blog on how we use quantum and traditional compute as a hybrid solution to find the optimum antenna tilt. It’s a very hard problem when you have loads of antennas, many users; we work with heuristics so far, so heuristics are algorithmic approaches, which aren’t optimum, but try to get as close as to the optimum, we can do that. With a quantum solver, suddenly, you get much closer to the true optimum in a much quicker time, and we’re able to do that much better than just a non-heterogeneous solution.

Camille Morhardt 23:24

If you had just a huge amount of funding to look at something that’s of personal interest to you, what would it be?

Mischa Dohler 23:30

You know, I would probably try a little bit what we tried to do in London, push the envelope on both, really. So you know, try to understand how can we bring the innovative element of technology together with a creative element of the arts? And really get both communities start thinking, how can they disrupt their own ecosystems; it’s a very general view, but you know, usually it comes out when you bring them together. And we have new stuff coming out now in technology, and I think this envelope between accelerated fabric like neuromorphic, and quantum is one, AI is another and robotics, is yet another, specifically soft robotics. So it’s not only about hard robots walking but actually soft robots which are quite useful in medicine, many other applications. So that’s the technology envelope, and the connectivity connecting it all–5G, 6G, etc.

And then on the artistic side, we have new ways of procuring the arts–whether you use let’s say, glasses, new ways of stages, haptic equipment, you know, creating immersive experiences, creating emotional bonds, creating a digital aura in arts, which we couldn’t do before, right. So before you would go in an exhibition, there is nothing before going exhibition, great experience going out of the exhibition, and then you forget about it. So building these digital aura trails, I think, you know, this is where technology can really help.

So loads of opportunities there. It would really bring arts back into the curriculum, bring it back into schools, bring it back into universities, make it an integral part of our educational process. That’s really what I’d love to see.

Camille Morhardt 24:58

What is the soft robot?

Mischa Dohler 25:00

A soft robot is a robot which mimics the way how, let’s say an octopus walks. It’s very soft. There’s no hard element there. And we love to explore that world because, you know, nobody can be very close to real big robots. So I’m not sure you’ve ever been close to one. I had one at King’s ABB. These are beasts, these are industrial things, you know, you don’t really trust it. If somebody hacks in there or something happens, you know, they just swing and you’re just basically toast. But the soft robot can really enable that coexistence I think with humans, use it in surgery. So the ability to control soft tissue, you know, like an octopus, I think or a snake. That’s the title of inspirational biological phenomena we use to design that.

Camille Morhardt 25:42

Well, Mischa, everything from octopuses to Apple Vision Pro to neuromorphic computing. Thank you so much for your time today. It’s been a fascinating conversation.

Mischa Dohler 25:53

My pleasure, Camille. Thank you for having me.

[I happened to notice the transcript is not 100% accurate, eg it misses him saying “So it’s still a big question mark.” at 17:24 min before continuing with “So we still don’t know”…
Oh, and I thought his remarks about soft robots were very intriguing! ]

96F5AA2B-AE95-4190-B4C5-19EA64109084.jpeg
9427F53A-9282-4F5E-8FAA-99C6EB6D4AC1.jpeg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000015030.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Dallas

Regular
Hallo, kann ich die Leute in Deutschland und darüber hinaus um einen Gefallen bitten?

Ist dieser Herr der CEO des deutschen Fonds, der Aktien akkumuliert hat/hat? Ich kann mich nicht an den Namen des Fonds erinnern. Kann jemand ein aktuelles Foto seiner Anteile an Brainchip posten? Hat ein Fonds außerdem Stimmrecht bei Hauptversammlungen?

View attachment 60751
https://www.frankfurter-vermoegen.c...eranstaltungen/FondsNet_Inside_Investment.pdf Brainchip 2,57%

• Love
  • Fire

Frangipani

Regular

Howdy Dallas,

I noticed the PDF document you just posted is dated September 17, 2021.

@CHIPS posted up-to-date (April 10, 2024) info for both DUI Wertefinder and DigiTrends Aktienfonds earlier today:

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-418855

Here are the direct links to the respective fact sheets (German only) by Frankfurter Vermögen:

(BRN: 2.28 % as of April 10, 2024)

(BRN: 5.29 % as of April 10, 2024)

Schönes Wochenende schon mal,
Frangipani

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

CHIPS

Regular
Howdy Dallas,

I noticed the PDF document you just posted is dated September 17, 2021.

@CHIPS posted up-to-date (April 10, 2024) info for both DUI Wertefinder and DigiTrends Aktienfonds earlier today:

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-418855

Here are the direct links to the respective fact sheets (German only) by Frankfurter Vermögen:

(BRN: 2.28 % as of April 10, 2024)

(BRN: 5.29 % as of April 10, 2024)

Schönes Wochenende schon mal,
Frangipani

Thanks for the links @Frangipani. I did not have enough time for that this morning because I had to get to work urgently.

Dallas

Regular
Stress No GIF by Lauv

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

CHIPS

Regular

View attachment 60751

And if Frankfurter Vermögen does not reduce their No. of stocks in a few days, Jürgen Brückner must have received pretty good feedback from Sean. 😉

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

cosors

👀
Good morning from Germany, Esq.!

first of all I need to somewhat curb your enthusiasm, as Purdue University is not Tamal Acharya’s workplace - as I wrote in another post two days ago, he works for both Tata Consultancy Services and NeuroCortex.AI. Instead, the university name next to his place of residence (Bengaluru, formerly known as Bangalore, India) signifies he is an alumni.

In his LinkedIn bio, we can see he pursued a post graduate program at Purdue, a one year intensive course to be precise. Sounds to me as if this this was done online (see reference to Simplilearn that offer online courses and also note that this was 2020-2021, when the US closed their borders to non-US residents due to the COVID-19 pandemic…)

View attachment 60744

While I haven’t yet come across any indication that Purdue University is collaborating with Brainchip, there are certainly some intriguing connections, the most obvious being Purdue is Kristofor Carlson’s Alma Mater!

View attachment 60745

What we do know is that there is neuromorphic research being pursued at Purdue, eg at C-BRIC, the “Center for Brain-inspired Computing Enabling Autonomous Intelligence”, which is “a five-year project supported by $32 million in funding from the Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC) via its Joint University Microelectronics Program, which provides funding from a consortium of industrial sponsors as well as from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.”

View attachment 60746

View attachment 60748

View attachment 60749

The comments in green are just off the top of my head. Some day, we will probably have dot-joined all of these universities! 😂

Then, there is also a tenuous link via GlobalFoundries:

View attachment 60750

So my advice would be to definitely keep Purdue on our watchlist, but to hold off adding it to your majestic scroll for the time being… 😊
Thank you, you are a research machine 🧐

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀

View attachment 60751
From the phone, so in short.

"Jürgen Brückner
Position: Customer Support & Portfolio Management

Jürgen Brückner is senior portfolio manager and co-founder of Wertfinder VV, which merged with Frankfurter Vermögens AG in 2019.
He is also part of the supervisory board of FV Frankfurter Vermögens AG.
Previously, he was Co-Head of Treasury at Commerzbank in Moscow, COO of Dresdner Bank ZAO (Moscow), Managing Director of Deutsche Investment Trust and Asset Manager at Deutsche Bank.
Mr. Brückner has a degree in economics from the Fernuniversität Hagen, an MBA from the Thunderbird School of Global Management and +35 years of experience in the capital market."
Screenshot_2024-04-12-15-24-27-94_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

The phone number is not mobile so no messaging.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Frangipani

Regular
I am not sure how much this freelance financial analyst writing for the London-based IG Group (which is Australia's No.1 CFD & FX provider) really knows about Akida’s tech, but anyhow it’s awesome for BRN to get listed alongside Microsoft, Alphabet, Nvidia and Tesla in “a rundown of some of the best AI stocks to watch going into 2024”…
(In case you wonder whether BRN’s market cap got lost during my copying-and-pasting - no, it was the only company listed without one.)

Best AI stocks to watch​

Explaining the AI revolution, and a rundown of some of the best AI stocks to watch going into 2024. These companies are selected for several characteristics, including their market size and dominance in the sector.

ai stocks
Source: Bloomberg

https://www.ig.com/au/tag/Shares
Charles Archer | Financial Writer, London

Artificial Intelligence (AI) has to some extent been the investing theme of 2023 — in the US, almost all of the S&P 500’s gains this year have come from just seven companies, all of whom are potentially riding the AI wave to some degree.
For context, Nvidia now boasts a US$1.2 trillion market cap, with almost all of its exceptional gains in 2023 driven by AI demand.

Artificial Intelligence is already being put into practical use across many real-world applications, including in retail, art, social media, security, sport analytics, manufacturing, self-driving cars, healthcare, and warehousing alongside dozens of other sectors.

Every supermarket rewards purchase, every Netflix recommendation, and every football match is analysed ever more relentlessly in order to provide more and better data. And while consumers have always understood — even peripherally — that AI was taking over more and more of the heavy lifting; the sector’s investment catalyst has finally arrived.

This catalyst is of course ChatGPT, the OpenAI-developed chatbot which garnered over 1 million users in just five days. It took Facebook 10 months, and Netflix three and a half years to hit the same milestone.
Taking the world by storm, it now boasts over 100 million users, and investors are now considering whether the innovation could make entire careers in areas such as copywriting, accounting, personal training, and even software development entirely redundant. Then there’s the advances made by art-focused Midjourney to consider — with the AI creating incredibly lifelike art.

Of course, monetary policy remains tight, and AI development is exceptionally expensive. For every ChatGPT breakthrough, there are hundreds of costly failures. Therefore, the best AI stocks could be predominantly the larger blue chips — which also helps to diversify any investment in the event that their AI projects fail.

Even OpenAI itself is not immune to bumps in the road — CEO Sam Altman was recently ejected from his position by the board in November, with little indication this would happen.

Remember, past performance is not an indicator of future returns. These shares are ordered by market capitalisation — all in US dollars, and include some of the top ASX AI shares to watch.

Best AI stocks to watch​

1. Microsoft​

Microsoft is the original global computing power, so it makes sense that the American behemoth already had a strong relationship with OpenAI prior to the ChatGPT launch, having already invested $10 billion into the company. Of course, Microsoft also has billions invested into other AI ventures.
This is a symbiotic relationship — Microsoft is allowing OpenAi access to its cloud centres to increase ChatGPT’s computing power, while native search engine Bing has started to incorporate the chatbot into its functions. Former OpenAI CEO Altman — having left the start-up — is now joining Microsoft as a full-time employee.
Market Capitalisation: $2.75 trillion

2. Alphabet​

Google parent Alphabet controls 84% of the global search market share. Despite recently laying off thousands of employees, it’s launched its own ChatGPT rival, Bard, which is still viewed by many analysts as a less powerful alternative.
However, the chatbot runs on Google’s LaMDA programming, which has been in development since 2021. Arguably, the titanic company should soon smooth out the issues.
It’s also worth noting that AI is already used across many of Google’s current functions. And it’s got at least two more AI-focused projects: coding-focused Generative Language API, and DeepMind, which it acquired in 2014.
Market Capitalisation: $1.70 trillion

3. Nvidia​

Nvidia is one of the world’s most valuable chipmakers, with its chips used in electronics ranging from smartphones to cars, to high-end computing. It’s worth noting that Nvidia shares have risen by more than 240% year-to-date to US$493.
But the company’s most advanced deep learning chips might mean that the NASDAQ company is still undervalued. They’re already in use at clients such as Alphabet, and Facebook owner Meta, to power both internal and user facing AI applications.
As AI becomes ever more mainstream, demand for these chips could surge, and importantly, there is a high barrier to entry — Nvidia has a wide economic moat surrounding its market position as the ‘bricks and mortar’ AI choice.
Market Capitalisation: $1.22 trillion

4. Tesla​

Tesla is the original EV trailblazer, and despite the controversies surrounding CEO Elon Musk, its advancements in artificial intelligence could see the auto company rise once again to the giddy highs of late 2021.
Indeed, Tesla shares have already recovered by 117% year-to-date as it eyes possible expansions in India and Europe. Fully autonomous driving is Musk’s long-term goal, with the company planning to launch a robot taxi service soon.
It’s also developing a humanoid robot codenamed ‘Optimus,’ which the CEO thinks could eventually become more valuable than Tesla’s auto operations. However, economic slowdown and price cuts in China could cause short-term profitability issues.
Market Capitalisation: $734 billion

5. Baidu​

Baidu is China’s version of Google, responsible for over 75% of the country’s search market. Like Google, it has a growing cloud business, but it also plans to develop the world’s largest autonomous ride-hailing area. The company is already operating this service in 10 Chinese cities.
Baidu has also developed its answer to ChatGPT and Bard, codenamed ‘Ernie Bot.’ The Chinese giant is working hard on its own AI tech — as evidenced by its recent string of quarterly results. Of course, there are long-standing regulatory risks with Chinese platform stocks.
Market Capitalisation: $37.8 billion

6. WiseTech Global​

Sydney-based Wisetech Global is a cloud-based software solutions operator which offers its solutions to a global logistics businesses client base. The vision is ‘to be the operating system for global logistics.’
For context, the company’s ground-breaking CargoWise platforms are designed using workflows, automation and robotics — and it’s been driving an expansion and acquisition strategy for several years.
Late last year, Wisetech acquired Shipamax, a provider of data entry automation software for the logistics industry. The acquisition’s platform uses machine learning alongside AI for data extraction to optimise the automation of full operational workflows.
Market Capitalisation: $14.6 billion

7. TechnologyOne​

TechnologyOne is Australia’s largest enterprise resource planning SaaS company. It boasts a 1,200 -strong client base of global customers within the financial services, education, health and government sectors, which use its tech to improve online process mitigation — for example, digitising outdated paper-based worksheets.
The company is particularly interesting for its cutting-edge research and development centre, which focuses on cloud-based technology, AI and machine learning.
Market Capitalisation: $3.49 billion

8. BrainChip Holdings

BrainChip Holdings is centred around neuromorphic computing, a cutting-edge AI that simulates the functionality of human brain neurons. Last year, the company launched its the BrainChip University AI Accelerator Program to train current university students to become future employees.
And in Q4 2023, the company partnered with video analytics firm CVEDIA to advance its neuromorphic computing technology. The CVEDIA-RT platform is being incorporated into BrainChip’s Akida neuromorphic tech, allowing the creation of practical AI-powered video analytics for multiple use cases.

Take your position on over 13,000 local and international shares via CFDs or share trading – all at your fingertips on our award-winning platform.*

Learn more about share CFDs or shares trading with us, or open an account to get started today. *
Winner of ‘Best Multi-Platform Provider’ at ADVFN International Finance Awards 2022
  • This information has been prepared by IG, a trading name of IG Australia Pty Ltd. In addition to the disclaimer below, the material on this page does not contain a record of our trading prices, or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instrument. IG accepts no responsibility for any use that may be made of these comments and for any consequences that result. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. Consequently any person acting on it does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such is considered to be a marketing communication. Although we are not specifically constrained from dealing ahead of our recommendations we do not seek to take advantage of them before they are provided to our clients.

Voilà, another overall favourable article about our company by freelance financial analyst Charles Archer, this time based on BrainChip’s recent full-year results and written for London-based online broker IG’s Swiss subsidiary IG Bank.

As I said before, the author may not be very knowledgeable about our tech as such (it is mostly copy & paste from the BrainChip Full-Year Report and the LDA Capital Call) and just like those mercenary scribblers paid by MF, he focuses on the financials, yet comes to a different conclusion than our usual suspects Mickleboro & Co, and despite not withholding those bare figures that others consider worrisome, goes on to highlight the company’s positive development and future potential rather than harping on about the lack of new IP deals, BRN having less revenue than a city café and being an ultra-risky meme stock that one should avoid like the plague…

Charles Archer is unfazed and cautiously optimistic, aiming his bow and arrow at a target full of promise.

“Past performance is not an indicator of future returns.”
Very wise words indeed…

Where next for BrainChip shares?
Losses rose in full-year results, but BrainChip shares have still nearly doubled in 2024 thus far.

brainchip
Source: Bloomberg

Written by: Charles Archer | Financial Writer, London

Publication date: Thursday 11 April 2024 18:42

BrainChip (ASX: BRN) shares remain one of the more volatile stocks on the ASX. The company was changing hands for as much as $1.76 in January 2022 during pandemic-era trading, but has since fallen to $0.36 today.
For perspective, it is remains up by 788% over the past five years, down by 23% over the past year, and up by 97% year-to-date. Where next?

BrainChip share price: full-year results

In what BrainChip described a ‘transformational year as the Company focused on delivery and marketing of Akida 2.0,’ the group made a net loss after tax for the year ended 31 December 2023 of US$28.9 million. This reflected lower revenue as its focus moved to the development and marketing of Akida 2.0, alongside a small increase in operating expenses.

For context, the company lost only US$22.1 million in FY22. At the end of 2023, the company had consolidated net assets of US$16.3 million, including cash and equivalents of US$14.3 million, down from US$23.2 million in 2022.

Operationally, BrainChip spent 2023 refining and executing its commercial strategy — this included expanding the sales & marketing and engineering teams, increasing its pipeline of qualified commercial engagements, and accelerating product development, in addition to building up customer support capabilities.

The ASX tech company noted that significant progress was made, with ‘strong customer engagement, expansion of technology ecosystem partnerships, the release of Akida 2.0 and the silicon-ready reference design for Akida1500, while continuing to strengthen the Company’s patent portfolio.’

CEO Sean Hehir enthused ‘While the bottom-line loss increased year over year, the results reflect the large transformation BrainChip underwent in 2023 as we invested heavily in developing our 2nd Generation Akida technology… These investments are indicative of our continued confidence in the market potential and our detailed plans to capitalize on that opportunity.’

Where next for BrainChip shares?

BrainChip describes itself as ‘the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning.’ Its unique selling point is the first-to-market neuromorphic processor, Akida, which mimics the human brain to analyse only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition. BrainChip keeps the machine learning local to the chip and independent of the cloud, which has the effect of reducing latency, and improving privacy and data security.

The company exited the ASX 200 index in September — a month later Akida 2.0 became available as IP, but the company did not manage to secure royalty-based IP sales agreements last year.

The business is competing with NASDAQ titans including Nvidia, which recently spent US$10 billion on developing its new Blackwell artificial intelligence chips. The business spent US$8.7 billion on research and development in the past financial year alone, and there may be a perception that BrainChip lacks the financial firepower to effectively rival its larger competitors.

In late March, BrainChip made use of its put option agreement with LDA Capital, whereby LDA Capital will subscribe for up to 40 million shares. It informed investors at the time that available funding under this agreement is worth $50.2 million, with the company committed to drawing down a minimum of $12 million by the end of the calendar year.

Hehir noted that ‘the proceeds raised from the capital call will be used to solidify our go-to-market capabilities by augmenting our machine learning personnel and solution architects who are necessary to support accelerating market adoption of the Akida 2.0 IP offerings.’

While the CEO also noted that the cash would help to ‘ensure we remain the industry leaders in hyper-efficient Edge AI,’ it perhaps signals there will still be some time until significant revenue generation gets underway.

But in an investing landscape where artificial intelligence remains arguably the dominant theme, BrainChip shares could continue their rise in 2024.

Past performance is not an indicator of future returns.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

Frangipani

Regular
Now that all of us BRN shareholders that live in time zones with summer/winter time changes recently had their overnight switch to daylight savings time resp. back to standard time, it is time to familiarise ourselves with yet another time zone - one that so far doesn’t even exist:

NASA Will Create a New Time Zone for the Moon, Called Coordinated Lunar Time​

With dozens of lunar missions on the horizon, a standard time-keeping system for the moon will assist with precise navigation, docking and landing

Christian Thorsberg

Christian Thorsberg
Daily Correspondent
April 4, 2024

View of Earth rising over Moon's horizon taken from Apollo 11 spacecraft

Earth rises over the moon's horizon, as seen from the Apollo 11 spacecraft in 1969. NASA

This week, the White House officially tasked NASA with establishing a time standard for the moon, called Coordinated Lunar Time (LTC) in the Office of the President’s memorandum, which international bodies can use to coordinate their activities on the lunar surface.

The move comes about a year after the European Space Agency (ESA) proposed the creation of a common time reference on the moon. Lunar missions from national agencies and private companies are expected to heavily ramp up in the coming years, with dozens already scheduled. Without a common reference frame, confusion can ensue—from small inconveniences to graver problems, such as mapping inconsistencies and navigation errors.

Imagine if the world wasn’t syncing their clocks to the same time—how disruptive that might be and how challenging everyday things become,” an unnamed White House Office of Science and Technology Policy official tells Reuters’ Joey Roulette and Will Dunham.

“This is why we want to raise an alert now, saying let’s work together to take a common decision,” Patrizia Tavella, who leads the time department at the International Bureau of Weights and Measures in France, told Nature News’ Elizabeth Gibney in January 2023.

The White House is giving NASA until the end of 2026 to implement the final standardized time system, which it says must have four qualities: a logical traceability to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), the global system that regulates all Earthly time zones; enough specificity and accuracy to time very short instants, which is important for precise scientific study and spacecraft landings; self-sufficiency in the event that connection with Earth is lost; and a scalability, so that other celestial objects or space environments could also reference this time standard.

Establishing a lunar time zone will better enable communications between spacecraft, data transfers, landing, docking and navigation. “Defining a suitable standard—one that achieves the accuracy and resilience required for operating in the challenging lunar environment—will benefit all spacefaring nations,” according to the memorandum.

A shadowy image of mountains and craters across the moon's surface

Lunar clocks move faster than those on Earth, gaining about 58.7 microseconds every 24 hours. NASA / JPL

Unlike on Earth, the moon will have just one time zone and no daylight saving time. But that doesn’t make the project any easier for NASA officials. Factors like mass and gravity can affect how time passes—here on Earth, even the gradual redistribution of mass due to sea ice melt is forcing scientists to reconsider our timekeeping.

On the moon, a smaller body where the gravitational pull is much weaker, time moves more quickly and unevenly: Lunar time gains about 58.7 microseconds per day compared to Earth’s time, though even this can vary, depending on the altitude and longitude where lunar clocks may be located.

NASA’s Artemis program is currently scheduled to send astronauts back to the moon no earlier than September 2026, a few months before the deadline to implement LTC. On later missions, the program will involve the establishment of a lunar base, which will help enable future flights to Mars. Other countries are also preparing to populate the moon, with China announcing a 2030 target for astronauts to arrive on the lunar surface and India’s arrival intended by 2040.

Meanwhile, neither China nor Russia have signed the Artemis Accords, which outline a framework for peace and responsible exploration of the moon. It remains to be seen if the countries’ non-participation in this agreement may affect their involvement in LTC.

Still, other officials see this step toward international lunar cooperation as necessary progress.

An atomic clock on the moon will tick at a different rate than a clock on Earth,” Kevin Coggins, manager of NASA’s Space Communications and Navigation Program, tells the Guardian’s Diana Ramirez-Simon. “It makes sense that when you go to another body, like the moon or Mars, that each one gets its own heartbeat.”

Christian Thorsberg

Christian Thorsberg | READ MORE
Christian Thorsberg is an environmental writer and photographer from Chicago. His work, which often centers on freshwater issues, climate change and subsistence, has appeared in Circle of Blue, Sierra magazine, Discover magazine and Alaska Sporting Journal.

• Thinking
  • Love
Geez...I'm thinking I might send them one of these or similar to neaten things up a bit.

First it was tableclothgate...now it's cablegate. :LOL:

View attachment 60761
$14.95. Not sure we can afford that yet. Maybe next year

DC

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom