BRN Discussion Ongoing

Frangipani

Regular
Wonder who in London is playing with or wants to play with Akida Gen 2....hmmmm :unsure:

Machine Learning Engineer - Neuromorphic Computing (Akida 2) - London​

Posted 3 weeks ago

U.K. located freelancers only
We are at the forefront of advancing neuromorphic computing technology. We are dedicated to developing cutting-edge solutions that transform how machines learn and interact with the world. Our team is growing, and we are seeking a talented Machine Learning Engineer to join our London office, focusing on developing applications using the Akida 2 neuromorphic computing platform.

Job Description:
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will play a crucial role in our dynamic team, focusing on the development and implementation of machine learning algorithms tailored for the Akida 2 neuromorphic computing platform. Your expertise will contribute to optimizing AI models for energy efficiency and performance, aligning with the unique capabilities of neuromorphic computing.

Key Responsibilities:

Develop and optimize machine learning models for the Akida 2 platform.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate AI solutions into products.
Conduct research and stay updated with the latest trends in neuromorphic computing.
Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
Participate in code reviews and maintain high standards in development practices.

Qualifications:

Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Proven experience in machine learning and neural network development.
Familiarity with neuromorphic computing, particularly Akida 2, is highly desirable.
Strong programming skills in Python and experience with machine learning frameworks.
Excellent problem-solving abilities and a collaborative team player.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.

What We Offer:

Competitive salary and benefits package.
Opportunity to work on groundbreaking technology in a fast-paced environment.
Professional development opportunities and a collaborative team culture.
Central London location with modern office facilities.

Application Process:
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview process, which may include technical assessments.

We are an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.

Join us in shaping the future of AI and neuromorphic computing. Apply today!

Intriguing update on the job opening at that mystery employer’s Central London location:

512A14EE-0AF3-428D-A0FF-9B9420FA548E.jpeg

6760D636-229F-4815-93B8-B988366F6DA2.jpeg

Now I am not sure whether the following location still qualifies as Central London, as it looks more like North London to me - however, as opposed to Greater London it would still qualify as Central London, I suppose:

93DD4A92-DB5B-48DC-A66C-B63F9491B750.jpeg

In that case my educated guess would be our mystery employer in the aerospace industry could possibly be… 🥁 🥁 🥁

2A75C824-2A67-4D47-8083-CB6F6DE015DA.jpeg

EA1ED2AE-A79E-46D7-AAEC-3D07C9F7BA3F.jpeg

Grayscale AI has come up quite a few times as a possible candidate to work with us (not all search results below refer to the company, though). They definitely tick the box “We are at the forefront of advancing neuromorphic computing technology.” Could it be them?!

7B5EE1F2-AD9E-4DAE-B878-5BF89C8D100F.jpeg

Attachments

• 41B19BB3-D6D1-4C92-A52B-669ED4CEEDD7.jpeg
    41B19BB3-D6D1-4C92-A52B-669ED4CEEDD7.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi @TECH those quotes make great reading. They are written in the past tense as though they have integrated the tech and SiFive has SOC on the market? The links go back to Brainchip’s web page. Is this info something new I’ve missed.

I appreciate SFive were part of the Gen2 promotional material but didn’t realise it had progressed to products.

Did you have more info as this is huge and I suggest ASX announcement worthy?

:)

Hi @Stable Genius, It looks like a variation of Markus May's LinkedIn post (BTW, I don't know who Markus May actually is.)

The original quote is also on our website and has been posted here previously. Tech's post looks to be a variation of this in that includes the specifics of what AKIDA E and S can offer.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 10.26.32 am.png

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 10.20.36 am.png

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 10.20.46 am.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
My god, is that all they get $25-$30 per hour.
I get that as a Cleaner, cleaning toilets (with holiday pay and all the other extras)
and believe me, I don't need a Master's degree either.
Find it strange they aren't paid in Pounds.

SC

Reactions: 1 users
Find it strange they aren't paid in Pounds.

SC
Maybe it's USD?

Given it's remote work the applicant could be from anywhere and then they have the USD conversion to their own currency which may or may not be favourable.

The applicant can always submit a higher rate too I suspect.

Reactions: 4 users

Intriguing update on the job opening at that mystery employer’s Central London location:

View attachment 58838
View attachment 58844

Now I am not sure whether the following location still qualifies as Central London, as it looks more like North London to me - however, as opposed to Greater London it would still qualify as Central London, I suppose:

View attachment 58840

In that case my educated guess would be our mystery employer in the aerospace industry could possibly be… 🥁 🥁 🥁

View attachment 58841

View attachment 58846

Grayscale AI has come up quite a few times as a possible candidate to work with us (not all search results below refer to the company, though). They definitely tick the box “We are at the forefront of advancing neuromorphic computing technology.” Could it be them?!

View attachment 58843
If they offered a free lunch, someone from Brainchip might well apply:D:D

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Hi @Stable Genius, It looks like a variation of Markus May's LinkedIn post (BTW, I don't know who Markus May actually is.)

The original quote is also on our website and has been posted here previously. Tech's post looks to be a variation of this in that includes the specifics of what AKIDA E and S can offer.

View attachment 58850

View attachment 58848

View attachment 58849

Thanks @Bravo

I was aware of testimonials which I checked and that was talking enabling e.g. will do in the future whereas Techs post had “Integrated” eg has been implemented; hence my question to Tech as it looked like a big leap from “enabling to integrated” I thought I’d missed.

I’m thinking it’s a ChatGPT mashup which is evidence it’s going to make future reading difficult to tell fact from fiction which is pretty important when investing one’s hard earned!

I always look for corroboration however if wrong information continues to be copied it just proliferates the error; like group think can do.

I liken it to some current philosophical dilemmas our society is going through and the story of the “Emperor’s new clothes” where no one wants to correct, challenge or debate the obvious societal errors for fear of being labelled and ostracised.

I look forward to when Brainchip progresses from “Enabling to integrated” so we finally receive some recognition and importantly revenue!

ANT61 via SpaceX is helping our moonshot gain recognition; congratulations to them.

I found this cool to watch and shows where we could be in relation to robots in the future.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Was checking in on Unigen and obviously they've gone into full production launch but I found this GestaltIT vid from Oct which explains a little about it from the 5.40min mark.

Whilst it can utilise other AI accelerators too, the fanless part is a bonus in my mind given how little power / heat attached to Akida and get the feeling this could be a pretty good tie in product for us.

Think this may or may not have been posted but worth a revisit imo.

NEWSROOM

Cupcake Edge AI Server in Full Production​

• FEBRUARY 21, 2024

Unigen Corporation proudly announces the successful production launch of its highly anticipated Cupcake Edge AI Server. The first units have been produced at our cutting-edge facilities in Hanoi, Vietnam, and Penang, Malaysia, marking a significant milestone in Unigen’s commitment to delivering AI solutions to the global market.Certified for compliance with FCC, CE, VCCI, KCC, and WEEE standards, Cupcake has successfully completed rigorous testing protocols, ensuring its adherence to the highest industry regulations and quality benchmarks. The initial production units have been delivered from our state-of-the-art facilities in Vietnam and Malaysia. With mass production tooling now in place, we are fully equipped to meet the escalating demand for Cupcake, empowering businesses worldwide with unparalleled AI capabilities.”Bringing our Cupcake Edge AI Server to life has been an exciting journey for us at Unigen,” shared Paul W. Heng, Unigen’s founder and CEO. “It’s been a company-wide effort to quickly bring groundbreaking technology to the market. By seamlessly integrating every aspect of Cupcake, from the motherboard to the enclosures, and collaborating closely with our Silicon partners, we’re finally able to see our customers receiving the fruits of our effort.”
About Cupcake
Unigen’s Cupcake Edge AI Server delivers a reliable, high-performance, low-latency, low-power platform for Machine Learning and Inference AI in a compact and rugged enclosure. Cupcake integrates a flexible combination of I/O Interfaces and expansion capabilities to capture and process video and multiple types of signals through its Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) ports, and then delivers the processed data to the client either over a wired or wireless network. Neural Networks are supported by the leading ISV providers allowing for a highly customizable solution for multiple applications.Cupcake is a small form factor fanless design in a ruggedized case perfect for environments where Visual Security is important (e.g., secure buildings, transportation, warehouses, or public spaces). External interfaces included are Ethernet, POE, HDMI, USB 3.0, USB Type-C, CANbus, RS232, SDCard, antennas for WIFI, and internal interfaces for optional M.2 SATA III, M.2 NVMe and SO-DIMMs. The flexibility in IO renders the Cupcake Edge AI Server suitable for multiple applications and markets.
About Unigen Corporation
Unigen, founded in 1991, is an established global leader in the design and manufacture of original and custom SSD, DRAM, NVDIMM modules and Enterprise IO solutions. Headquartered in Newark, California, the company operates state of the art manufacturing facilities (ISO-9001/14001/13485 and IATF 16949) in the Silicon Valley Bay Area of California and near Hanoi Vietnam, along with 5 additional engineering and support facilities located around the globe. Unigen markets its products to both enterprise and client OEMs worldwide focused on embedded, industrial, networking, server, telecommunications, imaging, automotive and medical device industries. Unigen also offers best in class electronics manufacturing services (EMS), including new product introduction and volume production, supply chain management, assembly & test, TaaS (Test-as-a-Service) and post-sales support. Learn more about Unigen’s products and services at unigen.com.
Cupcake In Production LI Article Cover

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Iseki

Regular
I don't think that Aikda is already integrated into SiFive processors and in silicon for mass marked... but I belive, beside the X280, that the X390 can also contain Akida as an accelerator, if desired by a customer.

Why?
"The SiFive Intelligence X390 builds upon the success of its predecessor, the SiFive Intelligence X280, in combining AI and ML applications with hardware accelerators for mobile, infrastructure, and automotive applications."

X280 = "Through our collaboration with BrainChip, we are enabling the combination of SiFive’s RISC-V processor IP portfolio and BrainChip’s 2nd generation Akida neuromorophic IP to provide a power-efficient, high capability solution for AI processing on the Edge. Deeply embedded applications can benefit from the combination of compact SiFive Essential™ processors with BrainChip’s Akida-E, efficient processors; more complex applications including object detection, robotics, and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow Processors tightly integrated with BrainChip’s Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors."

View attachment 58837

SiFive CEO Patrick Little said in a statement, “The flexibility of SiFive’s RISC-V solutions allows companies to address the unique computing requirements of these segments and capitalize on the momentum around generative AI, where we have seen double-digit design wins, and for other cutting-edge applications.”

He said the company has 350 design wins and customers include Intel, Amazon, Qualcomm, Samsung, Google, NASA and more. SiFive started in the embedded market and moved up the food chain to high-performance cores.

This means that the Akida can be optionally selected via ARM (Risc) and SiFive (Risc-V).
If they already available in silicon for mass marked? I doubt that... without any announcement from SiFive or BC.

Link: https://venturebeat.com/games/sifive-unveils-two-new-high-performance-risc-v-processors/
Link: https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/news/sifive-rolls-out-risc-v-cores-aimed-at-generative-ai-and-ml/
Link: https://www.sifive.com/risc-v-core-ip
I'm v positive about the fact that Akida has already been implemented/integrated with SiFive, just not as a generally available chip.

I had previously asked Tony Dawe what BRN could do to facilitate a mass market chip containing Akida2. Then in the Annual Report (I think) was the statement that each client wanting to use a chip containing Akida2 IP wanted that chip esclusively for themselves, and not generally available for others. I can't find the exact quote, but I'll keep looking for a bit.

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

davidfitz

Regular
For those interested in SiFive.

Live on March 14, 2024 │9:00 AM PDT​

Join us for an informative webinar as SiFive and RISC-V Founder Krste Asanovic will show how our latest innovations in high performance RISC-V computing are bringing exciting open standard solutions to AI and ML workloads.

Learn about RISC-V vector and matrix computation and how these products enable future-proof, yet agile, AI architectures that are being implemented today in datacenters, automated vehicles, consumer products and more. RISC-V offers lots of benefits to the CPU and soon the NPU. See how new SiFive products stack up against solutions in the marketplace from other leading suppliers.

Date & Time: March 14, 2024 │9:00 AM PDT (UTC-7)

Speaker: Krste Asanovic

Topic: Creating Agile AI Systems with Open RISC-V Solutions

Duration: 60 minutes

Join this event to learn about:

• Review of RISC-V benefits for AI/ML:
    - Power
    - Density
    - Software flexibility and portability
  • Overview of SiFive X390 and P870 solutions
  • Future possibilities with RISC-V

To register for the webinar:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Ghost Bat again:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...E&cvid=2d0f2140c8dd44cf8466b7d72dd553c0&ei=26

Pentagon's plan for AI piloted ghost fighter jets: Air Force is backing $6BILLION program for 1,000 robot 'mini fighters' that can fly 30ft above the ground at 600mph​

Story by Isabelle Stanley For Dailymai

Five companies are bidding for the contract: Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, General Atomics and Anduril Industries, but only the Boeing Ghost Bat has been flown publicly.

1710130173759.png

1710130206135.png

The planes rely on artificial intelligence to fly autonomously and adapt to changing conditions in combat.

One of the main new developers of flying software is Shield AI.

Their technology helped an uncrewed F-16 regularly beat some of the best Air Force pilots in simulated missions, allowing their planes to skim the ground at 600 miles an hour.

Ground controllers could manage 10 of the drones at once or they can be programmed to fly in swarms, overwhelming and confusing the enemy

600 mph @ 30 ft above ground and flying in swarms will need some low latency, high throughput processing.

PS:
The planes should also be cheaper than manned aircraft as they are designed to be expendable, flying one or two missions before they are retired or destroyed, meaning they can be made with cheaper parts.

Well that explains the dinky undercarriage.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

wasMADX

Regular
Maybe BrainChip should do an over the top TOPS , FULLY THROTTLED version with not one but two tungsten filament GLOW coils ( just so we can burn an extra 5 to ten KWH ) .

And Charge customers $100 k plus per chip so thay think thay are getting value for money.

Would appear this is how thay swing pressently.

Truely beggers believes.

No F*€£k IT let's charge $200 k per chip , then it must be realy realy amazing , right.

Esq.
I like your "there are no problems, only solutions" thinking.

As for all the heat and cooling-water, use sea-water. When it's hot, recover some of the heat to drive de-salinators, humidify covered plant farms to promote growth, heat saunas :) etc. etc etc.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

wasMADX

Regular
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

wasMADX

Regular
Yes, AI is unstoppable. In my opinion, the boom has not really started yet. Consider this: all governments must soon agree on certain guidelines that regulate the applications of artificial intelligence and also "rein it in," so to speak. In this regard, I assume that both companies and investors are holding back a bit and waiting to see how everything develops. Nobody wants to go all-in only to accept cuts later because anxious politicians thwarted the whole thing. It’s may be a little bit dramatic example, but one must see which AI applications they allow for the masses and which they use for their own interests in government circles. This is just my objective opinion
To start with, ask Chat GPT and all the other bots for a plan. Tell the bots their plans and ask them for revisions, "rinse and repeat".

wasMADX

Regular
Wonder if we have any products / releases potentially in Switzerland sooner than later or down the track or just future proofing business practice, noting we don't TM everywhere :unsure:

We know we just did the demo at IFS with NVISO and NVISO are headquartered in Switzerland...hmmmm.

"Securing your trademark overseas is a strategic move that bolsters your brand protection efforts and paves the way for successful international expansion. Whether you are actively exploring new markets or foreseeing potential opportunities, early registration offers a myriad of benefits, including global brand protection, trust-building, and enforcement capabilities. By safeguarding your brand identity worldwide, you fortify your company's position in the global marketplace and pave the way for a prosperous and secure future."

From a vehicle view, Switzerland does have some, what I would suspect are more boutique, manufacturers as apparently 4 out of 5 cars sold in Switzerland are German brands.

2021 post.

Apols, the classifications just copied over as is.

Akida​

PENDING TRADEMARK - IGE-IPI (Switzerland)
  • 210Serial number
    01266/2024
    551Kind of mark
    Individual
    550Type of mark
    Word
    511Nice classification - NCL
    9, 37, 42
  • 220Application date
    January 29, 2024
    180Expiry date
    January 29, 2034
  • 541Reproduction of the mark where the mark is represented in standard characters
    Akida

NAMES AND ADDRESSES​

• 730 NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE APPLICANT OR THE HOLDER​

-Name
    Brainchip, Inc.
    -Address
    View attachment 58363
    -Country
    USA
  • 740 NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE REPRESENTATIVE​

-Name
    Swissberg AG
    -Address
    View attachment 58362
    -Country
    Switzerland

CLASSIFICATION​

511 THE INTERNATIONAL CLASSIFICATION OF GOODS AND SERVICES FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE REGISTRATION OF MARKS (NICE CLASSIFICATION) AND/OR LIST OF GOODS AND/OR SERVICES CLASSIFIED ACCORDING THERETO​

Elektronische Datenverarbeitungsgeräte • Computerchips • Computerchip-Sets • Mikrochips • neuromorphe Computerchips • Halbleiterprozessorchips • Computerhardware zur Ermöglichung von Anwendungen der künstlichen Intelligenz • Computerhardware zur Ermöglichung neuromorpher Berechnungen • neuronale Netzwerkprozessoren, die zentrale Verarbeitungseinheiten sind • neuromorphe Datenprozessoren • integrierte Schaltungen • Computerchips mit einer vordefinierten Architektur • herunterladbare Computersoftware und Computerhardware für die Informationsverarbeitung, bei der Informationen auf eine Weise verarbeitet werden, die der Art und Weise ähnelt, wie das menschliche Gehirn Informationen verarbeitet • herunterladbare Computersoftware zum Entwerfen und Entwickeln von Softwareanwendungen • herunterladbare Computersoftware-Anwendungsprogramme, die Software-Schnittstellen zum Entwerfen und Entwickeln von Software für künstliche Intelligenz implementieren • elektronische Datenverarbeitungsgeräte für die Bereitstellung einer Plattform für künstliche Intelligenz, die auf neuromorpher Berechnung basiert • herunterladbare Software zur Verwendung von Computerchips für künstliche Intelligenz zum Entwerfen von Softwareanwendungen • herunterladbare Software für neuromorphes Rechnen • herunterladbare Software zum Aufbau von Plattformen für künstliche Intelligenz und Plattformen für künstliche Intelligenz, die auf neuromorpher Berechnung basieren • herunterladbare Software für maschinelles Lernen, kognitives Rechnen, tiefes Lernen (Deep Learning) und zum Entwerfen von Softwareanwendungen, die künstliche Intelligenz nutzen • herunterladbare Software für Anwendungsprogrammierschnittstellen (API), Software für Schnittstelle zur Programmierung von Anwendungen • herunterladbare Software in Form eines Widgets für maschinelles Lernen und zum Entwerfen von Softwareanwendungen, die künstliche Intelligenz nutzen
    Technische Unterstützungsdienste, nämlich Fehlersuche in Form der Reparatur von Computer-Hardware-Problemen • Anpassung von Computer-Hardware • Beratung im Zusammenhang mit der Reparatur von Computer-Prozessoren • Bereitstellung von Informationen und Beratung im Bereich der Reparatur von neuromorphen Computer-Prozessoren
    Forschungs-, Beratungs- und Entwurfsdienstleistungen in Bezug auf die Entwicklung von Computersoftwareprogrammen und -architektur und Computerhardwarearchitektur • Forschungs-, Beratungs- und Entwurfsdienstleistungen im Bereich der Entwicklung von Computersoftware für künstliche Intelligenz und neuronale Netze • Computernetzkonfigurationsdienstleistungen, nämlich die Konfiguration neuromorpher Systeme, neuromorpher Berechnungen und künstlicher neuronaler Netze • technische Unterstützungsdienstleistungen, nämlich die Fehlerbehebung in Form der Diagnose von Computerhardware- und -softwareproblemen • Integration von Computerhardware und -software als Computerdienstleistungen, nämlich die Integration von Computersoftware in Computerhardwaresysteme • Tests von Computersoftware und -hardware • Installation, Aktualisierung und Wartung von Computersoftware • Computerprogrammierdienste für andere • Bereitstellung von nicht herunterladbarer Online-Software für die Verwendung von Computerchips mit künstlicher Intelligenz zum Entwerfen von Softwareanwendungen • Bereitstellung von nicht herunterladbarer Online-Software für neuromorphes Computing • Bereitstellung von nicht herunterladbarer Online-Software zum Aufbau von Plattformen mit künstlicher Intelligenz • Bereitstellung von nicht herunterladbarer Online-Software für maschinelles Lernen, kognitives Computing, tiefes Lernen (Deep Learning) und zum Entwerfen von Softwareanwendungen unter Verwendung künstlicher Intelligenz • Bereitstellung von nicht herunterladbarer Online-Software für Anwendungsprogrammierschnittstellen (API), Bereitstellung von nicht herunterladbarer Software für Schnittstellen zur Programmierung von Anwendungen • Bereitstellung von nicht herunterladbarer Online-Software in Form eines Widgets für maschinelles Lernen und für den Entwurf von Softwareanwendungen unter Verwendung künstlicher Intelligenz • Software as a Service (SaaS) mit Software zur Verwendung bei der Softwareentwicklung von Anwendungen und Schnittstellen für Entwickler • Anpassung von Web-Software, nämlich Entwurf von Anwendungsprogrammierschnittstellen für andere • Bereitstellung von nicht herunterladbarer Online-Computersoftware für die Informationsverarbeitung, bei der Informationen auf eine Weise verarbeitet werden, die der Art und Weise ähnelt, wie das menschliche Gehirn Informationen verarbeitet • Beratungs- und Informationsdienstleistungen in Bezug auf Informationstechnologie und Informationstechnologieforschungszwecke, insbesondere Zusammenstellung von Informationen in Bezug auf die Informationstechnologie für Technologieforschungszwecke • Zusammenstellung von statistischen Daten für Informationstechnologieforschungszwecke • computergestützte Beratung in Bezug auf Computerprozessoren • Bereitstellung von Informationen und Beratung auf dem Gebiet der Computertechnologie in Bezug auf neuromorphe Computerprozessoren • Forschung auf dem Gebiet der Computerprozessoren

IP OFFICE - IGE-IPI (Switzerland)​

Getting our "Brand" out there could also prevent infringements of our patents.

Reactions: 4 users

wasMADX

Regular
Well A for effort, but I really couldn't read it, because this story, it's just too long and I could see what it was about very quickly and in a way it's none of my business anyway, and I have better things to do.

I can respect that you have some passion about this, but because you have gone to so much trouble and such lengths to explain your feelings on certain points; for me this is beyond the remit of this place. Way too wordy for me.
You might try running it by e.g. ChatGPT for a summary.

• Haha

Shadow59

Regular
This right here, is exactly why you will forever be considered the forum goon. 6 people even laughed at your intellect.
I think this was relative to Saudi Arabia. Women were not allowed to drive there before 2018

Reactions: 2 users

Iseki

Regular
This right here, is exactly why you will forever be considered the forum goon. 6 people even laughed at your intellect.
Geeze wilzy, even your fancy blow-up will be able to drive when akida is on all the sensors.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

7für7

Regular
For the Mercedes enthusiasts

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom