IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230609_094429_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users
S

Straw

Let's maybe not give TG any more air time.
Motive seems clear.

Reactions: 15 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Mercedes-Benz now has approval to deploy their Drive Pilot "eyes-off-road" system in California under limited operational conditions (basically as a traffic jam pilot feature along the lines of ALKS). Drivers can play Tetris while the vehicle is moving down the road, but need to be available to intervene when requested by the vehicle.

Assuming they stand behind their technology, this is a significant achievement for Mercedes-Benz. We're not talking janky experimental robotaxis; we're talking series production vehicles in which there actually is a human driver to take over when needed. The question remains: will they unequivocally stand behind their automated driving feature?

The driving safety requirement for a Level 3 feature such as 'DRIVE PILOT' is the same as for a Level 4 robotaxi. The driver should have no responsibility to pay attention to the road while driving. If there is a crash while automated driving is normally engaged, the responsibility should be fully with Mercedes-Benz. The difference from a robotaxi is that the driver does have a responsibility to take over in a reasonable time when (but only when) requested by the vehicle.

Thus far, Mercedes-Benz has dodged requests to go on the record in writing saying they will be responsible for driving safety when the feature is active. Still waiting for them to make a clear and unambiguous statement about this. (They have actively dodged this question with reporters. And no, they did not actually say it in previous articles you might remember; I checked and they have walked backed those previous attributed positions.) Who knows -- maybe this week will be the week they make such a statement.

The situation should be if the driver is engaged in playing Tetris on the dashboard display when there is a crash, that should be on the manufacturer, not the driver. The driver should not be put in the position of having to win a lawsuit after the crash to avoid being used as a moral crumple zone.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Glen

Regular
ARM M4 with a NPU

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

charles2

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
ARM M4 with a NPU

This Linkedin post was "liked" by none other than Evgeni Gousev Senior Director at Qualcomm! 🥳

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 11.26.51 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 11.27.04 am.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Realinfo

Regular
“Brainchip has ecosystem players who are investing millions to work on Brainchip enabled solutions, and there are OEM’s working on sub-systems using Brainchip technology”

About a month before the AGM, I initiated an email conversation with Antonio Viana, during which he made the above remark. Nothing new you might say, but it was comforting to hear it from the horses mouth.

We canvassed a range of topics, including my pet subjects…remuneration and communication. Contrary to what many of you may think, I believe Antonio and I have a good relationship. We do not agree on everything, but we respect each others views and opinions.

Contrary to what many of you may also think, I have been and remain a true believer of our battler’s prospects. In the past I’ve suggested that it’s only a matter of time before Akida is used everywhere, and that those who don’t will go the way of dinosaurs, and become the new Kodak’s...current high flyers Nvidia included.

Over the stretch, many of your posts have made for very interesting reading, and the catalyst for further research. This has only strengthened my view that whilst progress is slower than I would wish, good stuff is happening.

Roger Dodger and out !!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 85 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Just got last months sales commission and just couldn't help myself.
Another 15,000 added to the kitty.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

Diogenese

Top 20
ARM M4 with a NPU

ARM have an in-house NPU which uses MAC:

GB2611751A Neural network processing 20211008

1686274937125.png

In Figure 3, the MAC unit 202 may perform an initial convolution operation and store the results of that operation in the accumulator buffer 205. Then, the result of that accumulation operation may be read 301 by the activation output unit 203 from the accumulator buffer 205 and scaled 304 and stored in a local storage, chaining buffer 206 for the activation output unit 203 for use as input data to a subsequent elementwise operation.

Using MAC is slower and more power intensive than Akida's SNN.

The ARM NPU video cites 20 ms reaction time, which corresponds to 50 fps, so not bad, but Akida is faster.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

mototrans

Regular
quick update on another Aussie that has an openly confirmed link to Brainchip.. Biotome.

These guys have been very successful over the past 12 months with funding to promote further research into diagnostic biomarkers.. it appears everyone they run into believe they are headed in the right direction.. and now find themselves on a global stage with exposure to some of the largest Health Companies in the world...

biotome.JPG

In short..

Over 400 companies applied for the Asia Pacific program this year, and after a rigorous selection process, 60 companies were invited to pitch, 24 of which were named to the 2023 cohort. In early December, four startups from the 2023 Asia Pacific cohort will advance to compete in the Grand Finals to be held at APACMed’s Medtech Forum 2023 in Singapore. Attended by health care industry leaders, health care providers, and investors from across the region, the MedTech Forum will also showcase solutions from all 24 Accelerator cohort companies.

This leads to exposure to :

MedTech Innovator’s 2023 Asia Pacific program sponsors include Johnson & Johnson, Olympus, Teleflex, Siemens Healthineers, B Braun Medical, Cambridge Consultants, JABIL Healthcare and Enterprise Singapore.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

mrgds

Regular
Loooonnnnggggg way to go before MB are anywhere near Tesla FSD, but, i quess if ur stuck in heavy traffic for ages then watching a video/playing a game is better.

Reactions: 5 users

Pappagallo

Regular
Loooonnnnggggg way to go before MB are anywhere near Tesla FSD, but, i quess if ur stuck in heavy traffic for ages then watching a video/playing a game is better.

Do you mean in terms of body count?

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

mrgds

Regular
Do you mean in terms of body count?
:) Are you trying to spread the FUD? ;)
Tell me ( us all ) the % ratio of fatalities due to Tesla FSD, to the amount of fatalities ( in any given period ) due to human error.

As i said, can"t be used above 40mph
" " " in bad weather conditions
" " " any road systemns outside of the "geo-fenced areas"
MB has a looonnnggg way to go,

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Meh! I feel a bit like this sausage looks. Never mind, I'm sure everything will be on the up and up before we know it!

appendices-appendice.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

mrgds

Regular
Meh! I feel a bit like this sausage looks. Never mind, I'm sure everything will be on the up and up before we know it!

View attachment 38061

:ROFLMAO: .................. reminds me of what happened when i saw your toe"s ..............................:eek: ................................:love:

• Haha
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom