BRN Discussion Ongoing

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Just for those newcomers that may not be up to speed on how _ucking awesome this company is.

BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market neuromorphic processor, AkidaTM, mimics the human brain to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Keeping machine learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also dramatically reduces latency while improving privacy and data security. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at brainchip.com.

Every link below on Arms eco system of partners leads to BRN:cool:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

JDelekto

Regular
Yeah my layman's brain understood most of that. Thanks for reply. Most on here would have been surprised I knew 8 x 8 = 64 😆

SC
Without enough context, I find it very difficult to gauge the technical knowledge of the reader. It is difficult to tell whether the response is too complicated or insulting someone's intelligence. Hopefully, it didn't come off as the latter.

On a funny side note, my granddaughter still doesn't believe I can count to 1024 with ten fingers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Without enough context, I find it very difficult to gauge the technical knowledge of the reader. It is difficult to tell whether the response is too complicated or insulting someone's intelligence. Hopefully, it didn't come off as the latter.

On a funny side note, my granddaughter still doesn't believe I can count to 1024 with ten fingers

That'ud be 10 digits.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

On a funny side note, my granddaughter still doesn't believe I can count to 1024 with ten fingers.
It's all good mate. I wasn't insulted at all. I don't have any technical knowledge whatsoever but on a good note I had just enough intelligence to tweak to the fact that BRN just might be onto something way back in 2015. We all have our strengths and technical knowledge is at the bottom of my list so I.appeciate posters such as yourself and dodgy knees for taking the time to try to explain some of the technical side of things. That is what the forum is for. I do better at searching for links to companies etc and I wasn't at first going to ask the question as being technically challenged it can rub some up the wrong way by asking stupid questions but with posters such as you two taking the time to explain lets others like myself learn something new.

SC

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
D

Deleted member 118

Brainchip possibly up for another award or 2

MANUFACTURING TECH DISRUPTOR OF THE YEAR

&

BEST USE OF INNOVATION

Announced 11th May

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230507_080138_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20230507_080212_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

TECH

Regular
This is 6 months old ; I don’t recall seeing it posted before from Megachips . Apologies if so .
Great insight into the company Megachips & awesome to listen to Douglas Fairbairn talk about the mighty Brainchip in such detail .

Running time 17 minutes

It’s all gold from 5 minutes onwards

Good morning Tothemoon24,

I couldn't remember viewing that previously, but it was excellent, very easy to understand.

Nice few plugs for Brainchip as well !

There are a few posters who believe that something big is going on with MegaChips in Japan at present, Morse Micro ?

Regards....Tech 🙂

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Good morning Tothemoon24,

I couldn't remember viewing that previously, but it was excellent, very easy to understand.

Nice few plugs for Brainchip as well !

There are a few posters who believe that something big is going on with MegaChips in Japan at present, Morse Micro ?

Regards....Tech 🙂
Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 9.01.03 am.png

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Here's a free webinar “ARM Cortex-M Architecture Overview” presented by John Haroian from Microchip.

It goes for 140 minutes so it would be perfect for a romantic evening's viewing.

Well, the penny just dropped. The significance of Microchip having made this video presentation on Arm's Cortex M Overview just became apparent to me and prompted me to remember some previous posts in which I had discussed how we are likely to be incorporated with Microchip's PolarFire 2 Soc FPGA IMO, or in other words involved in NASA’s High Performance Spaceflight Computing (HPSC) as per the information posted below.

After-all the upcoming Arm/BrainChip webinar is going to demonstrate the sheer brilliance of Akida integrated with the Arm Cortex M based product family. And the PolarFire Soc is based on Arm Cortex M.

As taken from and extract in one of the posts below the HPSC won't just be for space missions but will be use in a variety of applications on Earth "such as defense, commercial aviation, industrial robotics, and medical equipment – as well as being a good candidate for use in government and commercial spacecraft". It also states "The project will result in the development of the HPSC chip, boards, a software stack, and reference designs with initial availability in 2024 and space-qualified hardware available in 2025".

IMO. DYOR.

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 1.17.48 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

The role of Cortex-M​

Arm’s Cortex-M CPUs deliver the features that are needed for MCUs in the automotive compute platforms of the future. Automotive partners – like Elmos Semiconductor which plans to adopt a range of Cortex-M products in its next-generation of automotive MCUs – are choosing Cortex-M for their MCUs as the product range delivers a common architecture, functional safety, advanced security and a broad ecosystem of support.

Cortex-M-logo.png

A common architecture​

Recent global supply limitations have impacted the automotive industry. In some cases, vehicles have been unable to ship due to the lack of availability of endpoint MCUs. With few options for alternative controllers, vehicles have been stockpiled awaiting the availability of these critical components. The deployment of a standardized MCU compute architecture assists in providing added flexibility to deploy alternative products to fill gaps in availability.

Through 30 years of working with automotive industry partners, Arm has a diverse and scalable portfolio of compute cores for a variety of automotive applications, from the high-performance central compute to power-efficient endpoint MCUs. This provides a common architecture that means designers and developers benefit from scalable hardware and software that can be used across these automotive applications, saving engineering time and costs. Looking ahead to new SDVs, having this common architecture will enable software development and deployment, and OTA updates.

Functional safety​

Functional safety underpins safety critical applications in automotive systems, helping to minimize the risk to people and the environment by detecting and reporting faults that may result in hazardous conditions. Functional safety is increasingly important as new technologies like autonomous driving emerge, while also continuing to support already established safety critical needs. Its need also extends to other markets beyond automotive, such as industrial, aerospace and transportation.

The Cortex-M family brings safety capabilities across all performance points of embedded controllers, enabling Arm’s partners to develop safety critical systems that scale. Cortex-M85, Cortex-M55 and Cortex-M23 have a multitude of safety features that partners can utilize to achieve their safety goals in an efficient way.

Support from a broad software ecosystem then provides a plethora of safety certified software and tools for safety critical developments built on Arm Cortex-M CPUs. These can be easily accessed by Arm’s partners and the wider developer community. Arm also provides native support for safety tools and software, such as Arm’s functional safety run-time system (FuSa RTS), Software Test Libraries and Arm Compiler for Embedded.

Automotive-functional-safety.jpg

Security​

Like safety, there is a rising need for enhanced cybersecurity to guard against malicious software attacks that pose serious threats to passenger vehicles. A hack now pose significant safety concerns, particularly as levels of autonomy rise in vehicles. Security features are also needed to protect against unauthorized access to information. Upstream’s 2022 Global Automotive Cybersecurity Report states that 87.7 percent of reported security incidents in 2020 and 2021 were caused by threats to vehicle data and code.

The attack surface has increased in connected SDVs, with security needing to be considered across the complete vehicle and not just the high-performance nodes. The protection of edge MCUs must be accounted for and, together with the rest of the vehicle, considered across the lifetime of the vehicle to include software updates.

At a processor level, this means being able to trust the code being executed and having security features to mitigate spurious software attacks. Cortex-M class CPUs are increasingly used to perform secure system management and boot management services in central and zonal compute architectures. Through the Armv8-M architecture, TrustZone is introduced across the Cortex-M family. Cortex-M23 and Cortex-M33 are the first processors to support the hardware enforced separation and security offered by TrustZone. This ensures system-wide security spanning software, CPUs, Interconnect, Memory and Peripherals.

Through the Armv8.1-M architecture, more enhanced security features have also been added. Cortex-M85 includes Pointer Authentication Code (PAC) and Branch Target Indicator (BTI). PAC and BTI help mitigate against return-orientated and jump-orientated software attacks. For more information, read Alan Mujumdar’s blog on the Armv8.1-M PAC and BTI extension.

Security-post-image-1-1200x675.jpg

The Arm ecosystem​

As SDVs continue to play a more prominent role in the automotive sector, Tier 1s, OEMs and developers are looking at ways to optimize time and costs for software development. The sheer scale of the Arm architecture – with more than 200 billion deployments to date – motivates providers of tools, operating systems and software libraries to add Arm support in their offerings, enabling cost-effective software development. For Cortex-M processors, Arm’s ecosystem partners offer a broad range of support for IDE, compilers, Debug and Trace tools and software. Arm also offers the Common Microcontroller Software Interface Standard (CMSIS)that provides consistent and standardized software building blocks. All this means automotive developers can choose from a broad range of options to reduce their time-to-market and development risk.

Driving automotive growth​

The compute requirements of new SDVs support the wider automotive industry’s continuing need for a multitude of MCUs in vehicle compute platforms, with “no controller left behind.” Cortex-M CPUs offer power efficient computing, scalability, safety features and security functionality to support this drive towards wider MCU adoption. Alongside the product capabilities, Arm has the world’s largest software ecosystem that provides wider support to deliver a seamless integration and developer experience. With Cortex-M based MCUs helping to drive the growth of new vehicles like SDVs, the future of the automotive sector will be one that is built on Arm.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users
Sydney is 17 hours ahead of California
So we should expect the talk @ 1.pm I do believe, please correct me if I am incorrect.

Truly exciting times ahead

Reactions: 9 users
I have like a nervous feeling in my stomach or is that something I ate, things are starting to bubble away nicely
Almost spa time 💔

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230507_143123_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20230507_143457_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
D

Deleted member 118

I have like a nervous feeling in my stomach or is that something I ate, things are starting to bubble away nicely
Almost spa time 💔
I wouldn’t be avn a spa with a dodgy tummy

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
I wouldn’t be avn a spa with a dodgy tummy

Mmmm muddy waters always makes me feel fine

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
  • Haha

IloveLamp

Top 20

🤔

Sipeed has posted images teasing a new single-board computer based on a RISC-V processor boasting the ratified RISC-V Vector Extension 1.0 — something which should give a considerable boost to on-device machine learning and artificial intelligence workloads.

• Wow
  • Fire

Frangipani

Regular
Sydney is 17 hours ahead of California
So we should expect the talk @ 1.pm I do believe, please correct me if I am incorrect.

Truly exciting times ahead
Hi @MDhere and @Food4 thought,

the ARM tech talk will be held on May 9th at 8 am Pacific time, so that actually means May 10th at 1 am (!) in Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane.

Just have a look here, whenever you are unsure:

494629B3-34F7-4383-B1D2-BDF9D0254E0E.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Zedjack33

Regular
Been practicing all weekend. If u know, u know.

Let’s go BRN.

Attachments

• 6FFC90C4-47F4-4838-9C54-42AB15F9BB9C.jpeg
    6FFC90C4-47F4-4838-9C54-42AB15F9BB9C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 161
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom