BRN Discussion Ongoing

alwaysgreen

Top 20

There is a camera on board that tracks the drivers eye movements to ensure they aren't watching the passenger video screen. There is potential use of Akida here.

Bad news is that hey Mercedes seems to have been dropped in some capacity. 🥺 Not clear if it has been scrapped altogether or only for certain commands.

Screenshot_20230223-053227.png

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Also at the link, this sounds promising too.

Screenshot_20230223-053810.png

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

JK200SX

Regular
Unfortunately BRAINCHIP was not mentioned however I don’t see that as an issue. The way I see it is that BRAINCHIP is behind each sensor and feeds relevant information to NVIDIA’s operating system which has overall control of the vehicle.
?
Really. So do we have connections with Luminar for the ADAS too?

Not downramping here guys, just don't get why there wasn't an inkling of a mention of our groundbreaking technology. And we can't use the NDA playcard here as an excuse, as MB have mentioned us previously.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Pappagallo

Regular

There is a camera on board that tracks the drivers eye movements to ensure they aren't watching the passenger video screen. There is potential use of Akida here.

Bad news is that hey Mercedes seems to have been dropped in some capacity. 🥺 Not clear if it has been scrapped altogether or only for certain commands.

View attachment 30342

The function hasn’t been dropped. It’s just been improved so that you don’t have to prime the system by saying “Hey Mercedes” every time you want to do something.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
?

Not downramping here guys, just don't get why there wasn't an inkling of a mention of our groundbreaking technology. And we can't use the NDA playcard here as an excuse, as MB have mentioned us previously.
It seems Mercedes recently purchased a stake in luminar.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Luminar uses a laser based tech with some impressive partnerships.

Screenshot_20230223-055740.png

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
The function hasn’t been dropped. It’s just been improved so that you don’t have to prime the system by saying “Hey Mercedes” every time you want to do something.
Hi Pappagallo,

Totally agree with this, It's system improvement. Hence, the 'always on' function is essential.

JHMO

Learning 🏖

Reactions: 20 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Good to know. Was that mentioned in the presentation? I've only read the verge article.

Reactions: 1 users

Mt09

Regular

Attachments

• 79A85618-C51E-48D5-96E3-25BEC04944D3.png
    79A85618-C51E-48D5-96E3-25BEC04944D3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

charles2

Regular
NVDA

Up 10% after-hours on earnings and projections

• Fire

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
I wonder if the AI is now smart enough now to figure out the speech pattern of the driver to understand if driver is talking in a general sense to a passenger(s), or to the car itself eg, Turn the heater up 5 degs vs TURN the heater up 5 degs

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Damo4

Regular
Hi Pappagallo,

Totally agree with this, It's system improvement. Hence, the 'always on' function is essential.

JHMO

Learning 🏖

Always on, now where have I heard that mentioned recently??

The AKD1500 uses the latest features of BrainChip’s extremely energy-efficient, event-based, Akida™ AI IP in combination with the GlobalFoundries’ ultra-low leakage, proprietary FDX™ process technology platform, to deliver an ideal solution for always-on, at-sensor applications or other low-power embedded applications in AIoT, industrial, consumer and automotive markets.

In always-on, at-sensor use cases, Akida can completely offload feed-forward networks without the use of a CPU, which enables extremely energy efficient intelligent sensors. For other low-power embedded applications, the CPU solely performs sensor fusion processes or runs the application with Akida managing all the AI acceleration to significantly minimize CPU workload and system load, freeing up the MCU for other general-purpose computation."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Accenture is a global leader in leveraging Applied Intelligence to help organizations make smarter decisions faster and enabling growth at scale from edge to cloud. Chatelain leads a team of designers, engineers and data scientists developing the Applied Intelligence Platform (AIP+), Accenture's flagship intelligence service. AIP+ allows clients to leverage trusted data to discover actionable insights, better understand their business processes and achieve business objectives faster. As CTO, Chatelain serves as a trusted advisor to Accenture clients, applying the best technology to fulfill business needs while supporting growth through innovation.

"Jean-Luc, with his vast experience, provides great insight into pragmatic AI solutions that businesses value as transformative assets," said Hehir. "I strongly agree with his prediction on the potential for neuromorphic technology, which is the basis of BrainChip's Akida products, in helping the industry fully realize the benefits of AI."

The "This is Our Mission" podcast provides AI industry insight to listeners including users, developers, analysts, technical and financial press, and investors. Past episodes are available at https://brainchipinc.com/brainchip-podcasts.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

VictorG

Brainchip doesn't supply sensors, they make them smarter. With that in mind I don't think we should've expect to be named in the MB presentation.

I have 3 questions.
1. Why do we expect akida to be a component in an OEM system when MB declared they worked directly with Brainchip to develop Akida to suit their needs.
2. Is it not logical that MB have their own proprietary tech of which akida is a part of and other OEM systems connect into.
3. If MB have their own proprietary tech as 2 above, why would they disclose that to the world. It's their secret sauce after all.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
?

I unfortunately recall that last year Mercedes announced they would present on three new technologies one of which was neuromorphic and asked people to vote for the one they would like to hear about first.

I suggested that Mercedes like lawyers would not have asked this question unless they had focus grouped it and had a statistically accurate idea of which technology would win. In other words they asked this question believing they knew the answer.

I said that when neuromorphic won that Brainchip voters probably ruined Mercedes Benz’s plan and they would resolve that by simply delaying the neuromorphic presentation until it would have been given in any event which I suggested could be six months away.

Earlier this year (2023) Mercedes Benz confirmed that they would deliver the neuromorphic presentation but did not provide a date and I suggested it likely could be March if memory serves me correctly.

It is just my opinion of course but my poor logic tells me that if Mercedes’ Benz has a competition to build anticipation around a series of presentations they would be unlikely to lessen the impact of such presentations by revealing the same information at earlier events.

I also based on poor logic suggest that as Brainchip said late last year they were continuing to work with Mercedes Benz that in all likelihood full implementation aimed at implementing AKIDA technology at scale is still in design or at least still under test if design work has been finalised.

If this poor logic stands up then there is nothing at all to be read into the absence of a discussion of neuromorphic in any other presentation.

Then again it could be that Brainchip has been caste aside by Mercedes Benz and Brainchip are delaying advising the market and removing the Mercedes’ Benz logo because they know it would cause distress to shareholders.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 40 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hi all

I have finished my clean up. Unbelievably, nearly 24 hours later, and I still had to clean up from comments left after my warning.

Any further commentary on the rule violating posts (that are now erased from history) will be treated as being hostile toward not just each other, but the integrity of this forum and my efforts to keep things within the bounds of the rules.

These posts do not even exist anymore. So you would be going out of your way to waste my time. Please do not do this, or I will remove your capacity to waste my time again.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!
Great work zeeb0t ... thanks for your huge efforts and hopefully you don't have to go through that laborious task again!!!!

My membership is up for renewal today so I will get to it!! ...... A reminder to check your renewals Peeps :love:

Thanks zeeb0t

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
And just like that... gone. Thanks Anthony.

200.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

JK200SX

Regular
3. If MB have their own proprietary tech as 2 above, why would they disclose that to the world. It's their secret sauce after all.
Because they've already mentioned what secret sauce they are using....

1677105880299.png

BTW, this stuff is great when smoking a rack of ribs

• Haha
  • Love

Dozzaman1977

Regular
NEW JOB ON OFFER AT BRAINCHIP "TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT DIRECTOR"
$175,000 - $250,000 GIG SOUNDS GOOD

I LIKE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!

A principal goal for the Technical Customer Support Director is to bridge core engineering activities into commercialization efforts. This includes technical customer support policies, objectives, and initiatives. This is a hands-on position, managing a team as well as resolving higher level technical and customer relations issues. This position needs to be able to understand and maintain a working, technical knowledge of our client’s core technologies in order to provide full top level technical support.

ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Share This Job

Technical Customer Support Director​

Job Title Technical Customer Support Director Job ID 27696794 Work Hybrid Yes Location Laguna Hills, CA 92653 Other Location Description
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE**

Come join the company leading the technological revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.
We are the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low-power and high-performance artificial intelligence technology processors that enables a wide array of applications such as self-driving cars, hearing aids, drones, and agricultural equipment. The event-based neural network processor is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and is implemented in an industry-standard digital process.
Our company was recognized as one of the “Startups Worth Watching in 2021” in EE Times’ annual Silicon 100 list of global semiconductor technologies and our founder was named the winner of the AI Hardware 2021 Innovator Award. We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia. We are also publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange (BRN:ASX) and the OTC Market (BRCHF).

SUMMARY:

A principal goal for the Technical Customer Support Director is to bridge core engineering activities into commercialization efforts. This includes technical customer support policies, objectives, and initiatives. This is a hands-on position, managing a team as well as resolving higher level technical and customer relations issues. This position needs to be able to understand and maintain a working, technical knowledge of our client’s core technologies in order to provide full top level technical support.

ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Develops service level standards focused on response times, issue resolution, service quality, and customer satisfaction.

• Establishes policies and procedures that produce high quality customer support and that reflect industry best practices.

• Ensures that systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in product or service issues.

• Manages resource decision-making, planning, and best practices.

• Aligns technical customer support activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization.

• Take ownership of unresolved technical issues, and bridge with Sales and Engineering teams to solve and/or develop solutions.

• Manage customer technical relationships as required and work with internal resources to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.

• Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial.
QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience:

• B.S. in Computer Science, or EE; will consider experience in lieu of education

• Requires a very high technical acumen and understanding of machine learning and deep learning experience using Python, Tensorflow

• Firsthand experience with object classification, object detection, face recognition, keyword spotting a plus

• Experience with Git version control system

• Experience in CPUs, Tools and methodologies, machine learning, C++ programming

• PCB design, layout and bring-up experience a plus

• Has led small engineering teams

• Has been in front line customer support role

• Comfortable as a player coach—this is a very small team and the leader needs to spend 80% doing and 20% managing
Other Skills and Abilities:

• Strong verbal and written communication skills

• Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence

• Ability to effectively communicate with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds

• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and analytical skills

• Desire to be involved in a diverse and creative work environment

• Must be a self-starter with mindset for growth and real passion for continuous learning

Benefits Offered:
· Competitive Pay - $175,000-$250,000 annually
· Restricted Stock Units
· Bonus Pay up to 10% of annual salary
· 401K with matching
· Free Lunch Daily
· Paid Time Off
· Holiday Pay
· Company-paid Medical HMO, Dental PPO, and Vision Insurance
· Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
· Employee Assistance Program, Caregiver Support, Adoption Assistance Program
· Flexible Spending Account
· Health Savings Account
· Commuter Benefit Program
· Employee Discounts

BrainChip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.

See Larry David GIF by Emmys

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, seriously. The baiting and flaming on all sides needs to stop. It's also against the rules, and you are using up my time. Another round of deletions, and the next lot of baiting and flaming ends in given some time out. I don't care what side of the debate you sit, this activity just ends up turning it all to shit and once again, undermines the forum.

There will be no further warnings.. come on people. I don't want to have to do this. Don't force my hand.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 89 users
Top Bottom