BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
What you described others doing is appalling and totally in keeping with that other place and those who frequented its unholy portals.

I have never been any good at judging people in a social face to face meeting and found the only way I could get to the truth was through interrogation. Others have the ability to judge people through personal social interaction. We all should play to our strengths.

My classic fail which convinced me not to rely upon my view of an individuals honesty involved a young fellow accused of stealing from his employer and a plausible story of being set up because of matters which occurred outside work. At the hearing I crossed examined the employer to the point where he confessed to setting up my client and planting the alleged stolen goods on him.

In the now proven belief that my client had told me the truth I allowed him for the purpose of his wrongful dismissal claim to give evidence and under cross examination by the police prosecutor he confessed to stealing other property from his employer and hiding it elsewhere in his vehicle. We eventually won his case on appeal but on a legal technicality.

This was a defining moment for me. I accept I am genetically programmed to be a poor judge of character in face to face encounters. So when it is important or if money is involved I do not allow myself to form emotion based character judgements. 😊🤣😂

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

The only things I've ever stolen are lots of hearts.😘

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Mugen74

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Gidday TUA...I respect your views regarding my post of yesterday.

Maybe I should have just referred to my own friendly relationship that I have with a number of key Brainchip staff, that has been built up over the last 5 years especially, during my 7 year hold on BRN stock.

Why did I make the "real effort" to see the non business side of the company's executives, including most of the Perth staff,
one, because that's my personality as a communicator coming out, and secondly, I wanted to know what type of individual I was prepared to continue investing in, I "needed" to form an opinion based on face to face encounters, if I was only investing a small amount, of say, $10,000 I wouldn't have "made the effort", but investing in the million/s is a totally different scenario for me personally.

The company did make me aware of many nasty, insinuating emails, wanting to know why I was invited to the company's office in Perth, that I was obtaining "insider information"...not only was that an insult to me, but to Peter, Adam, Anil, Kris, Tony, to name just a few...someone even emailed the Chairman in the US a year or two ago about me, what an absolute joke.

I wanted to form my own opinion, based on TRUST.

Today's announcement regarding Peter's very generous donation speaks volumes of what I already knew, the respect is mutual and hence the trust.

Next month I'm really looking forward to catching up with Peter, Tony, Anup, Harshil and a number of other staff if they're on duty when I visit the new Research Institute in downtown Perth.

For the holders who are frustrated with how our share trades in the short-term, you aren't the only one, let's all rise up as one when the revenue truly starts to flow, we have a great company, great leadership, great individuals and most importantly, brilliant, revolutionary technology !

Perth the "Northern Star" ☺️

Tech x
What impresses me is the Team that Brainchip assembled, we may have a amazing product but we need a amazing team with years of experience in the field to deliver

Reactions: 4 users
The only things I've ever stolen are lots of hearts.😘
That was just so sweet I found myself believing you. I know I am a sucker for a pretty emoji. 😞 FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

robsmark

Regular
Just grabbed another few. Wasn’t planning on it but it seemed stupid not to at this price.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 41 users
Action bit sad today other than the incredible generosity of PVDM.

May have happened b4 but personally don't recall too many Co Execs / BOD doing anything like that.

Now just flicking through trade hist today & found this little $700k odd block buy interesting.

Damn it wasn't mine 😞 :ROFLMAO:

Appears waited for sell stack that level and took it.

1654756285734.png

ASX
SNM 9.6.22 ASX.jpg

CHI-X
SNM 9.6.22 CHI.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Action bit sad today other than the incredible generosity of PVDM.

May have happened b4 but personally don't recall too many Co Execs / BOD doing anything like that.

Now just flicking through trade hist today & found this little $700k odd block buy interesting.

Damn it wasn't mine 😞 :ROFLMAO:

Appears waited for sell stack that level and took it.

View attachment 8859
ASX
View attachment 8857
CHI-X
View attachment 8858

Maybe it was the Alzheimer's Foundation buying back in for a 10% profit?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

That was just so sweet I found myself believing you. I know I am a sucker for a pretty emoji. 😞 FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

The emoji's are all a part of my charm offensive. And if being charming is a crime, then I am guilty as charged Your Honour.🩰

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Merlin357

Just noticed my top up order was filled in the closing auction also. As you will notice this is my first post here but have been reading since AZK days.
I would like to thank you all for the mine of information that is put forward every day for the benefit of so many others. I have learned so much from many great posters on this site & feel a little guilty that I have contributed nothing, so accordingly I will endeavor to become a paid up member ASAP.
Regards to all,

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
So who is it? That have sold their BRN shares the last few day to order this?🤔🤔🤔😆😅🤣
Screenshot_20220609-165154_Chrome.jpg

Its great to be a shareholder.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31 users

Shadow59

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

hamilton66

Regular
Next AGM I'm throwing my underpants at him like a crazed Beatles fan.👀
Rise, this is nothing more than my opinion. Quality man, quality act. In my humble view, the biggest s/h in this co clearly has morals, and standards that he personally feels have to be met. Does anyone here seriously believe that he would let b/s statements get released, false promises be made, or fanciful predictions be issued? Personally, I don't think so. Have yet to sell the 1st share I bought in this co, and won't be happening any time soon. Very impressed by his actions. In my mind, speaks volumes not only for the man, but the co. For better or worse, I'll continue to hold everything I own, and buy in weakness. Each to their own. GLTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users
Maybe it was the Alzheimer's Foundation buying back in for a 10% profit?
Just a heads up to watch out for FF being a broken record next year on the theme of:

"DONT FORGET TO VOTE FOR PETER VAN DER MADE" AND TO GET ALL YOUR FRIENDS, RELATIVES AND ASSOCIATES WHO OWN SHARES TO DO THE SAME." 🙌👀😎

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 41 users

Bravo

Reactions: 6 users

Shadow59

Regular
So who is it? That have sold their BRN shares the last few day to order this?🤔🤔🤔😆😅🤣
View attachment 8860
Its great to be a shareholder.
I thought about it, but the engine needs a total rebuild at 50000kms.
Then I realised that the comma on my bank balance was a dot!
So looks like I have to stick to an escooter for a while:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24 users

Pmel

Regular

Makeme 2020

Regular

Arm introduces new image signal processor to advance vision systems for IoT and embedded markets​

Arm introduces new image signal processor to advance vision systems for IoT and embedded markets​

June 08, 2022

Mohamed Awad, vice president of IoT and Embedded, Arm

News highlights:
  • Arm Mali-C55 is the smallest and most configurable image signal processor from Arm, already seeing success with licensees such as Renesas
  • Delivers improved image quality and higher performance for advanced embedded and IoT vision systems with half the silicon area of previous generations
  • Multi-camera high resolution support and seamless integration for more machine learning on-device offers new capabilities for silicon partners and OEMs

Image signal processors (ISPs) continue to be one of the most important information-generating devices, supporting a broad range of IoT vision system applications including commercial, industrial or home smart cameras, and drones. With increased demand for both more and higher quality image processing in future devices, Arm’s ISP technology roadmap is an area of continuing investment. Today, we are pleased to share the latest results of that work with the launch of the new Arm Mali-C55 ISP, the smallest and most configurable ISP from Arm to date, already proving popular with partners including our first public licensee, Renesas.

The Mali-C55 delivers upgraded image quality features, works under a wide range of different lighting and weather conditions, and is designed to enable maximum performance and capability in area and power constrained applications, making it ideal for smart camera and edge AI vision use cases. This advanced technology will deliver improved capabilities in several markets – surveillance and security cameras will be able to detect more critical detail, such as recognizing the exact information on license plates traveling at up to 75mph; home cameras and security systems will capture higher resolution images both inside and out; and smart home hubs can efficiently include advanced features like secure visual unlock.

For developers, we’re providing a complete software package for controlling the ISP, as well as a full set of tuning and calibration tools to help our partners to achieve the desired image quality for their application. Additionally, our latest roadmap of Total Solutions for IoT includes an upcoming Total Solution for vision, which will integrate the Mali-C55 – stay tuned for more updates on that.

Pushing the boundaries of image quality in the smallest area and power budgets

With multi-camera capability for up to 8 separate inputs, support for image resolutions up to 8K and a maximum image size up to 48 megapixels (MP), the Mali-C55 offers the most efficient combination of image quality, throughput, power consumption and silicon area. Building on the class-leading Mali-C52 ISP, it enables unrivalled image quality through features including improved tone mapping and spatial noise reduction, enhanced support for high dynamic range (HDR) sensors and seamless integration with machine learning accelerators to take advantage of neural networks for various de-noising techniques. By combining multiple Mali-C55 ISPs, larger image sizes can be achieved for applications that require greater than 48 MP capabilities, such as video conferencing.

For embedded and IoT vision applications, silicon footprint and cost are important factors, and with the Mali-C55 we’ve provided these enhanced features in almost half of the silicon area size of previous generations, significantly lowering power consumption for extended battery life, and in the process also lowering the cost of these devices.

Vision systems demand advanced machine learning

As ML moves closer to the edge, advanced image processing can be leveraged by integrating more ISPs into the SoCs. By enabling easy integration between Mali-C55 and machine learning accelerators, we’re delivering new levels of on-device processing in devices that require high quality vision systems because the output from the ISP can be sent directly to the ML accelerator. This reduces cost and processing time by having less data sent from device to cloud, without having to compromise on inferencing.

Configurability is key in a diverse market

The applications that require ever-advancing vision systems are wide-ranging, and so imaging technology has to be adaptable to specific market requirements. For example, a low-cost home camera system may require a simple, limited set of features whereas a commercial camera might demand more sophisticated capabilities such as high resolution, noise reduction and enhanced security. Silicon partners and OEMs need the freedom to easily add or remove features in line with their application requirements, and that’s why we’ve designed the Mali-C55 to be our most configurable ISP. In addition to the multi-camera support and integration with ML accelerators already mentioned, the Mali-C55 also includes industry standard AXI and AHB interfaces for easy integration with either Cortex-A or Cortex-M-based SoCs.

The Mali-C55 ISP illustrates Arm’s continued pursuit to provide industry-leading imaging technology. This new technology will enable SoC architects, imaging experts and embedded software developers to create market-leading products in the growing smart camera and edge AI vision markets. You can read more technical detail and find out more in this blog.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Just noticed my top up order was filled in the closing auction also. As you will notice this is my first post here but have been reading since AZK days.
I would like to thank you all for the mine of information that is put forward every day for the benefit of so many others. I have learned so much from many great posters on this site & feel a little guilty that I have contributed nothing, so accordingly I will endeavor to become a paid up member ASAP.
Regards to all,
Yep, I couldn't help myself either, although I am starting to ask myself how many BRN shares are enough???
I keep coming back to the same answer... you can never have enough as long as you have DYOR and believe.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Give Voice to Smart Products​

Mohammed Dogar

Mohammed Dogar
Vice President

‘It is not only about what you say. It is also about how you say it.’ This old-age adage quite aptly sums up the need for human beings to communicate effectively with each other. The necessity of humans to interconnect with one another through voice and sounds has presented a future where communication with machines has become inevitable.

A key enabler for the increasing adoption of voice communication has been accelerated with the expansion of Internet of Things and artificial intelligence. Integration of AI at the endpoint combined with advances in voice analytics is changing the availability of products, consumption of product experiences, and giving rise to a new ecosystem of companies that are participants and enablers of these products. Intelligent endpoint solutions making it possible to implement both online and offline systems reducing reliance on always-on internet/cloud connection. This in tuns is creating new opportunities to solve many challenges related to real-time voice analytics across several consumer and industrial applications. The advances in psycholinguistic data analytics and affective computing make allowance for inferring emotions, attitude, and intent with data-driven modelling of voice. With the voice medium becoming a natural way for humans to interact, it will lead to improvements in measuring intent from voice recognition and voice analytics.

Challenges of using VUIs​

Voice user interfaces (VUIs) allow the user to interact with Endpoint systems through voice or speech commands. Despite mass deployments across a wide range of applications, VUIs have some limitations.
  • Poor sound quality- Inconsistent sound quality with continued background noise can make voice recognition a challenge. Voice controllers in IoT can only operate flawlessly if the sound is crystal clear which is a formidable task in a noisy environment. A voice-enabled assistant can only be truly effective if it is able to support different languages and accents, as well as isolate the human voice from the background noise.
  • Power consumption- Voice Command systems are restrictive as they require the activation of at least one microphone as well as the processor that recognizes the wake word.
  • Real-time Processing:
    Slow or congested networks can result in command latencies that can impact the user experience. This issue may be addressed by implementing distributed intelligence at the endpoint with the ability to process the voice command in real-time without any reliance on the centralised cloud system.
  • Accuracy and Noise Immunity
    Voice recognition accuracy and background noise immunity is always a major concern when designing any VUI system. Voice recognition presents a number of challenges as there can be multiple sound sources including interior and exterior noise and echoes from surfaces in the room etc. Isolating the source of a command, cancelling echoes and reducing background noise requires some sophisticated technology depending on multiple microphones, beamforming and echo cancellation, along with noise suppression.
Renesas Electronics is addressing these challenges by using state-of-the-art microcontrollers and partner-enabled intelligent voice processing algorithms which makes it easier for product manufacturers to integrate highly efficient voice commands. Renesas Electronics is providing general purpose MCUs enabling cost optimized VUI integration without compromising on performance and power consumption.

Requirements for Robust Voice Recognition​

To make the experience compelling for the user, devices need to be equipped with several components to ensure a robust voice recognition.

Command Recognition​

One of the most significant features of a voice enabled device is its ability to identify speech commands from an audio input. The speech command recognition system on the device is activated by the wake word which then takes the input, interprets it, and transcribes it to text. This text ultimately serves the purpose of the input or command to perform the specific task.

Voice Activity Detection​

Voice activity detection (VAD) is the process that distinguishes human speech from the audio signal and background noise. VAD is further utilised to improve the optimization of overall system power consumption otherwise the system needs to be active all the time resulting in unnecessary power consumption. The VAD algorithm can be subdivided into four stages:
Four stages of voice activity detection (VAD) algorithm

The Renesas RA voice command solution built on RA MCU family and partner-enabled voice recognition MW boast a robust noise reduction technique which helps in ensuring high accuracy in VAD. In addition, Renesas can help to address some of the key voice command features outlined below:

Keyword Spotting

Keyword spotting systems (KWS) are one of the key features of any voice enabled device. The KWS relies on speech recognition to identify the keywords and phrases. These words trigger and initiate the recognition process at the endpoint, allowing the audio to correspond to the rest of the query.
Keyword spotting Process

Fig: Keyword spotting Process
To contribute to a better hands-free user experience, the KWS is required to provide highly accurate real-time responses. This places an immense constraint on the KWS power budget. Therefore, Renesas provides partner-enabled high performance optimised ML models capable of running on our advanced 32-bit RA microcontrollers. They come with pre-trained DNN models which help in achieving high accuracy when performing keyword spotting.

Speaker Identification​

Speaker identification, as the name suggests, is the process of identifying which registered speaker has the given voice input. The speaker recognition can be classified as text dependent, text independent, and text prompted. To train the DNN for speaker identification, individual idiosyncrasies such as dialect, pronunciation, prosody (rhythmic patterns of speech) and phone usage are obtained.
Block diagram of speaker identification system

Fig: Block diagram of speaker identification system.

Voice/sound Anti - spoofing​

Spoofing is a type of scam where the intruder attempts to gain unauthorized access to a system by pretending to be the target speaker. This can be countered by including an anti-spoofing software to ensure the security of the system. The spoofing attacks are usually against Automatic Speaker Verification (ASV) systems. The spoofed speech samples can be generated using speech synthesis, voice conversion, or by just replaying recorded speech. These attacks can be classified as direct or indirect depending on how they interact with the ASV system.
  • Direct Attack – This can occur through the sensor at the microphone and transmission-level and is also known as Physical Access.
  • Indirect Attack – This is an intrusion into the feature extraction, models, and the decision-making process of the ASV system software and is also known as Logical Access attack.
Block representation of an Automatic Speaker Verification

Fig: Block representation of an Automatic Speaker Verification.

Multi language/ accent recognition and understanding​

Accent recognition in English speaking countries is a much more smoother process due to the availability of training data, hence accurate predictions. The downside for organizations operating in countries where English is not the first language is less precision with speech recognition due to the availability of a limited amount of data. An inadequate amount of training data makes building conversational models of high accuracy challenging.
One of the Renesas VUI partner-enabled solution supports more than 44 languages making it a highly adaptable speech recognition solution which can be used by any organization worldwide.
RA boards

Renesas Electronics invites you to take advantage of this opportunity as it implements a comprehensive solution platform which simplifies voice integration adoption based on our advanced Microcontrollers. Our RA MCU based and partner-enabled voice command solutions offer not only low BOM costs, integrated security, and low latency, but also provides the capability to run at an Endpoint. We provide value-added features like local voice triggers, command recognition, robust noise reduction, voice activity detection, and multi-language support just to name a few. This is complemented by a fully featured voice solution development suite and Endpoint capable MW for its partners that provides a DNN based pre-trained voice model where the user can quickly create voice commands by a simple text input. In short it can be used as it is or tailored to meet individual needs!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Top Bottom