BRN Discussion Ongoing

Cardpro

Regular
Apologies for the ignorance, but given we haven't seen any announcement regarding IP licencing agreement since renesas and megachip, does that mean we dont have any other than those two or is there a possibility that there might be more but is not announced due to nda?

Reactions: 1 users

Dolci

Regular
Opened a short position recently then?
...never ever shorted a stock in my trading career...only a fool shorts stock...

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Apologies for the ignorance, but given we haven't seen any announcement regarding IP licencing agreement since renesas and megachip, does that mean we dont have any other than those two or is there a possibility that there might be more but is not announced due to nda?
No.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

Xray1

Regular
The company stated that last year 2021 they had over 5,000 users of Meta TF.

Another poster put up a response they received or found from a University Researcher which stated he had now received AKIDA and would be testing it or words to that effect. The CEO Sean Hehir said early February that a priority was to get AKIDA into universities and research facilities ASAP.

These statistics regarding Meta TF will be particularly interesting around the end of June, 2022. If it is happening the way it should they will be very informative as the University campaign and the sales drive on the various products should be starting to bite by that point.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I would presume that BRN would have NDA's put in place with these universities and research organisations more so to protect BRN's interests and IP ... and also to possibly identify new opportunities, patents etc etc that may arise from such institutions.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Mugen74

Regular
...never ever shorted a stock in my trading career...only a fool shorts stock...
Thanks for the reply🙂Fair enough was just intrested because you seem to be an active technical trader.So you avoid puts and CFDs altogether then?

Reactions: 3 users

Dolci

Regular
Fair enough was just intrested because you seem to be an active technical trader.So you avoid puts and CFDs altogether then?
yeap...I have no interest in that path of trading...

Reactions: 11 users
Only misses by one feature on chip one shot and incremental learning.

“The chip, with its deep network design, requires training to learn and classify new data sets, similar to how humans learn. When presented with a given data set, the deep network takes in the information and classifies it into previously learned categories. This training needs to strike a balance that is specific enough to result in accurate image classifications and general enough to be useful when presented with new data sets. The engineers can "scale up" the deep network by adding more neural layers, allowing the chip to read data in more complex images with higher resolution”

They can gloss up the speed by throwing in speed of light etc; but both AKIDA and their chip are processing in ‘real time’.

They do not mention power consumption in the article. If it was ridiculously low like AKIDA I would expect this to be mentioned.

They refer to it being scalable but conclude by saying they need to investigate its scalability.

Clearly not coming to market for a few years yet.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Also no mention of power consumption

M_C

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
Opened a short position recently then?
I agree. Ca 88c will be the bottom. This is to be completely expected as mentioned by FF a few days ago. There will not be much buying until we join the ASX200 officially.
Unless a major news item drops.
And if you were trading to gain some extra share you would have shorted when the ASX200 announcement was made. If that is how you play the market it is logical and sensible.
Personally I don’t have the mental fortitude to do that, so have kept hold of my shares and will do for a long time to come.
Just my humble opinion.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
I would presume that BRN would have NDA's put in place with these universities and research organisations more so to protect BRN's interests and IP ... and also to possibly identify new opportunities, patents etc etc that may arise from such institutions.
Yes but as you would appreciate it is more complex than a simple NDA.

It is a complex of legal controls where University researchers are concerned.

I am here only referring to actual official University research.

Firstly any research has to be approved by the Head of School and the Legal and Ethics committees.

Those approvals will be based upon at least the consent of Brainchip to the way in which their legal interest is to be protected and what is the agreed position regarding the findings, intellectual property and any publications that might arise from the research.

The process of getting these issues sorted can often be more complex than the actual research.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
yeap...I have no interest in that path of trading...
Hi Dolci. I am happy to have the benefit of your thoughts here.
Welcome back. :D

Reactions: 28 users
Yes but as you would appreciate it is more complex than a simple NDA.

It is a complex of legal controls where University researchers are concerned.

I am here only referring to actual official University research.

Firstly any research has to be approved by the Head of School and the Legal and Ethics committees.

Those approvals will be based upon at least the consent of Brainchip to the way in which their legal interest is to be protected and what is the agreed position regarding the findings, intellectual property and any publications that might arise from the research.

The process of getting these issues sorted can often be more complex than the actual research.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I should add this again for others.

Even though you have water tight agreements with Universities history has shown including recent history that foreign actors will bride individuals including Professors and others to pass on secrets to them.

Cannot now recall the precise details but a Professor in the USA last year was arrested and prosecuted by the FBI for selling information to someone in China.

The only way at the end of the day to protect your invention is to patent it well in advance of any public reveal.

Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar and others at Brainchip have resisted the desire to publish their findings until all the foundational patents are in place to avoid any risk that a bad actor could steal their ideas and claim that the Brainchip patent is defective because of prior publication.

I suspect that where Universities are concerned only AKD1000 and the IP supporting same will be part of the current program for this reason.

This will make it very difficult for a bad actor to use any stolen information legally in those countries where patents are respected.

North Korea, Russia and China can knock themselves out at home but they can forget the export market as a result.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Mccabe84

Regular
At

Rise, Long term support failed to hold, as the double bottom is in play now, the MACD has crossed over to the down move, RSI is on the nose as well, it will take some news to turn this around to the up & I don't think it will be today...IMO

View attachment 8812

View attachment 8813
thanks Dolci. By any chance do you have any broker data that you could possibly add

Rocketboots have published two answers regarding AWS and Nvidia
In similar terms:

“RocketBoots considered this validation as an important milestone and expects that the agreement may result in a significant change in the scale of RocketBoots' activities. However, RocketBoots stresses that it does not anticipate any immediate increase in revenue as a result of its involvement in the NVIDIA Metropolis Partner Program, and notes that any potential financial effect of this cooperation is too soon to quantify. Notwithstanding, the attention given to the Company by NVIDIA is notable in its own right.”

We now wait to see what the ASX does as this clearly appears to offend what the ASX has published.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Rocketboots have published two answers regarding AWS and Nvidia
In similar terms:

“RocketBoots considered this validation as an important milestone and expects that the agreement may result in a significant change in the scale of RocketBoots' activities. However, RocketBoots stresses that it does not anticipate any immediate increase in revenue as a result of its involvement in the NVIDIA Metropolis Partner Program, and notes that any potential financial effect of this cooperation is too soon to quantify. Notwithstanding, the attention given to the Company by NVIDIA is notable in its own right.”

We now wait to see what the ASX does as this clearly appears to offend what the ASX has published.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Have we got some kind of connection with Rocketboots, FactFinder?

Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

mrgds

Regular
The conversation around Rocketboots comes from a "price sensitive ann" about a partnership with Nividia
As there was no immediate financial gain attached, its something we as BRN holders are watching to see how
the ASX reacts, as we ie; BRN haven"t announced recent partnerships, ie; ARM, SI-FIVE, as apparently we cant due to "no immediate financial gain"

• Love
Reactions: 33 users

robsmark

Regular
None. This is about whether a partnership announcement release to the ASX is permissible or not. ROC recently released two, the ASX have pulled them up (two day TH), and ROC have just released their response statement.

All eyes on this.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

Labsy

Regular
Picked up a small parcel again today... just call me the "Accumulator!"......
Will scratch some funds together and buy more tmoz or late next week.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

mrgds

Regular
None. This is about whether a partnership announcement release to the ASX is permissible or not. ROC recently released two, the ASX have pulled them up (two day TH), and ROC have just released their response statement.

All eyes in this.
And as we type, seems ROC are trading as normal, .................. mmmmmmmmmmm ?
Have the ASX accepted the reply from ROC as being ok?

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom