TikTok post of Edgify tech in action at a supermarket in Israel

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Foxdog

Regular
Wow, super hard to work out what the SP will do in the short term. I've been sitting on a buy at $1.05 for days and thought I'd missed the opportunity when inclusion in ASX 200 was announced, only to see my order filled on the way down to $1.02 - bizarre 🤔 I'd have thought the price would go up today.......

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 118

Arm Cortex-M85: Breaking new grounds with Cortex-M​

Faced with more demanding compute requirements, Cortex-M microcontroller system developers are faced with a choice: optimizing software to squeeze more processing per clock cycle from their current microcontroller, or migrate their code base to a different, higher-performing microprocessor class. The Cortex-M microcontroller offers many benefits, such as determinism, short interrupt latencies, and advanced low-power management modes. The choice of moving to a different microprocessor class, say a Cortex-A based microprocessor, means that some of those wanted Cortex-M benefits are forfeited.

Recently, Cortex-M microcontroller vendors have been able to offer higher-performing Cortex-M microcontrollers. This allows system designers to easily migrate from a, say, 150MHz Cortex-M4 or Cortex-M33 device to Cortex-M7 devices clocked at over 600MHz. Benefits inherent to Cortex-M, such as support from the extensive ecosystem of tools and software are maintained. But what happens when even more processing performance is required?

Today, Arm announces the Cortex-M85, the highest performing Cortex-M processor delivering unprecedented performance levels across the board. It isthe first Cortex-M to deliver over 6 CoreMarks/MHz and more than 3 DMIPS/MHz. This level of scalar performance is achieved thanks to many innovative features at the microarchitecture level, including optimized dual issue and selective triple issue capability, improved branch prediction, and an enhanced memory system including data prefetching, among others.

By integrating Arm Helium technology, Cortex-M85 delivers multiple folds (x4) of DSP and ML processing uplift compared to its predecessor, the Cortex-M7. It also brings approximately 20% vector processing performance uplift compared to the other Helium-enabled processor, Cortex-M55. Again, microarchitecture innovations have boosted Cortex-M85 to these unprecedented performance levels.

Graph showing Cortex-M85 performance

With high data processing rates, Cortex-M85 adopts a more advanced memory system architecture to ensure higher data and code throughput. A low latency memory system with Tightly Coupled Memories (TCMs) ensures deterministic operation. Four 32-bit wide data TCM interfaces and one 64-bit wide instruction TCM interface – all with integrated Error Correcting Code (ECC) - are available to SoC designers. An additional 32-bit AHB access interface port allows an external DMA controller – check out the CoreLink-DMA-350 - to access TCMs concurrently as the Cortex-M85 processor internal core, thereby enabling many common data streaming and processing use-cases.

Cortex-M85 memory system
A level 1 cache system, again, with ECC, connected to external memories with an AMBA 5 AXI main interface optimizes performance when slower, non-deterministic memory accesses are required.

Deterministic compute underpins Cortex-M85-based processor’s value proposition to system designers. As intelligence gravitates towards the endpoint of IoT, those systems that must sense-decide-actuate-communicate within a predictable time span rely on Cortex-M85’s ability to deliver unprecedented performance "on time". Autonomous utility robots, agricultural drones, industrial human-machine interface, are a few of many use-case examples.

Security is not an afterthought​

Key to any IoT or embedded system is security against malicious or unintentional exposure of confidential data. Cortex-M85 brings TrustZone for Armv8-M to the highest performance tier of Cortex-M processors. Additionally, Cortex-M85 is the first Cortex-M processor to integrate the new Armv8.1-M pointer authentication and branch target identification extension (PACBTI), which eases developers' journey to achieving PSA Certified Level 2 security. PACBTI brings additional protection against return-oriented and jump-oriented software attacks by authenticating function call and return addresses.

Reference subsystem design accelerates your SoC project​

The Corstone-310 subsystem information page integrates Cortex-M85 and the Ethos-U55 uNPU. Corstone subsystems bring together all of the elements our hardware partners need to be able to quickly and simply implement Arm technology and get to tape out quicker. All they need to focus on is adding their own differentiation. The Corstone-310 subsystem addresses some design challenges SoC designers face by providing an example of system-level security and power control. The integration of the key CPU and microNPU IP with many system IP components, including power control kit (PCK-600), secure debug component (SDC-600), security-aware system IP components of the SIE-200, all provide a significant jumpstart for SoC designers.

Start your Cortex-M85 SW development today​

Even before silicon based on Cortex-M85 become available, you can start software development with Arm Virtual Hardware (AVH). Arm Virtual Hardware delivers models of Arm-based processors, systems, and development boards, including Corstone-310 to enable fast prototyping, development, and deployment. AVH Corstone allows seamless software transfer from model to target hardware to enable continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) environments.

Processor Implementation Kit (PIK) accelerates your path to physical implementation​

The new class of high-performance microcontrollers powered by Cortex-M85 is different from traditional microcontrollers today. They have larger on-chip SRAMs, clocked at higher frequencies, and implemented in smaller geometry nodes. Achieving the optimal implementation of Cortex-M85 is non-trivial, especially for silicon designers implementing in a new technology node for the first time. To reduce design cycle time and achieve a predetermined PPA target, Arm provides a Cortex-M85 PIK capturing a set of best practices for TSMC 22ULL foundry process that includes a user guide, shmoo plots, floorplans, and reference implementation scripts in one package.

Raising the bar for microcontroller performance​

The unprecedented performance levels offered by the Cortex-M85 offers new possibilities to microcontroller developers to develop and deploy ever more demanding use-cases on the Cortex-M. Developers benefit from the simple programmer’s model, processing determinism, and low-power schemes, all of which are hallmark characteristics to all Arm Cortex-M processors.

• Fire
D

Deleted member 118

The above mentions agriculture drones. I wonder where we fit in as it’s mentioned in here

• Fire
  • Love
Appreciating @zeeb0t efforts for as little as 1 less coffee a month.
A huge thank you to zeeb0t and many thanks to all those who contribute to this forum. (BRN's 1,000 eyes)

I very rarely contribute myself to the fabulous sleuthing, dot joining and investigating that goes-on by so many smart people here. I prefer to stay quietly in the background.

This is the best forum out there and to give back a little to this community, I have become a very happy paid member.

Thank you all!
images (5).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Lovin' the support that's coming out for zeebot and this forum. Truly a wonderful sight to witness. Keep it up lady's and gents. Hit that subscribe button 🔔

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Derby1990

Regular
I thought about going to see TG Maverick today, for some high quality entertainment, it's a public holiday here, WA day. Decided I didn't need to, I have enough entertainment just watching the daily movements of the BRN share price. Man, what a wild ride - I could have bought at 0.06, saw it go to 0.97, bought at 0.65, sat on a loss for over a year as low as 0.32, finally got green again, then it was like Y2K when we all saw it break 1.00, moments later it seems it went to 2.34, then back to 0.86. Mr Cruise, although I've always LOVED the man's work, could never provide this much entertainment! Personally, I'm hoping for a share price of about 15 when I retire in December 2025, but if it's 0.15, I'll have still got my money's worth :cool:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 6.24.03 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 6.24.03 pm.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
For all the trolls out there todays Australian win against Google as publisher is echoing around the world and when the recommended criminal charges for contempt of court are brought and finalised only the brave or stupid will making trolling a profession:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Arm Cortex-M85: Breaking new grounds with Cortex-M​

Faced with more demanding compute requirements, Cortex-M microcontroller system developers are faced with a choice: optimizing software to squeeze more processing per clock cycle from their current microcontroller, or migrate their code base to a different, higher-performing microprocessor class. The Cortex-M microcontroller offers many benefits, such as determinism, short interrupt latencies, and advanced low-power management modes. The choice of moving to a different microprocessor class, say a Cortex-A based microprocessor, means that some of those wanted Cortex-M benefits are forfeited.

Recently, Cortex-M microcontroller vendors have been able to offer higher-performing Cortex-M microcontrollers. This allows system designers to easily migrate from a, say, 150MHz Cortex-M4 or Cortex-M33 device to Cortex-M7 devices clocked at over 600MHz. Benefits inherent to Cortex-M, such as support from the extensive ecosystem of tools and software are maintained. But what happens when even more processing performance is required?

Today, Arm announces the Cortex-M85, the highest performing Cortex-M processor delivering unprecedented performance levels across the board. It isthe first Cortex-M to deliver over 6 CoreMarks/MHz and more than 3 DMIPS/MHz. This level of scalar performance is achieved thanks to many innovative features at the microarchitecture level, including optimized dual issue and selective triple issue capability, improved branch prediction, and an enhanced memory system including data prefetching, among others.

By integrating Arm Helium technology, Cortex-M85 delivers multiple folds (x4) of DSP and ML processing uplift compared to its predecessor, the Cortex-M7. It also brings approximately 20% vector processing performance uplift compared to the other Helium-enabled processor, Cortex-M55. Again, microarchitecture innovations have boosted Cortex-M85 to these unprecedented performance levels.

Graph showing Cortex-M85 performance

With high data processing rates, Cortex-M85 adopts a more advanced memory system architecture to ensure higher data and code throughput. A low latency memory system with Tightly Coupled Memories (TCMs) ensures deterministic operation. Four 32-bit wide data TCM interfaces and one 64-bit wide instruction TCM interface – all with integrated Error Correcting Code (ECC) - are available to SoC designers. An additional 32-bit AHB access interface port allows an external DMA controller – check out the CoreLink-DMA-350 - to access TCMs concurrently as the Cortex-M85 processor internal core, thereby enabling many common data streaming and processing use-cases.

Cortex-M85 memory system
A level 1 cache system, again, with ECC, connected to external memories with an AMBA 5 AXI main interface optimizes performance when slower, non-deterministic memory accesses are required.

Deterministic compute underpins Cortex-M85-based processor’s value proposition to system designers. As intelligence gravitates towards the endpoint of IoT, those systems that must sense-decide-actuate-communicate within a predictable time span rely on Cortex-M85’s ability to deliver unprecedented performance "on time". Autonomous utility robots, agricultural drones, industrial human-machine interface, are a few of many use-case examples.

Security is not an afterthought​

Key to any IoT or embedded system is security against malicious or unintentional exposure of confidential data. Cortex-M85 brings TrustZone for Armv8-M to the highest performance tier of Cortex-M processors. Additionally, Cortex-M85 is the first Cortex-M processor to integrate the new Armv8.1-M pointer authentication and branch target identification extension (PACBTI), which eases developers' journey to achieving PSA Certified Level 2 security. PACBTI brings additional protection against return-oriented and jump-oriented software attacks by authenticating function call and return addresses.

Reference subsystem design accelerates your SoC project​

The Corstone-310 subsystem information page integrates Cortex-M85 and the Ethos-U55 uNPU. Corstone subsystems bring together all of the elements our hardware partners need to be able to quickly and simply implement Arm technology and get to tape out quicker. All they need to focus on is adding their own differentiation. The Corstone-310 subsystem addresses some design challenges SoC designers face by providing an example of system-level security and power control. The integration of the key CPU and microNPU IP with many system IP components, including power control kit (PCK-600), secure debug component (SDC-600), security-aware system IP components of the SIE-200, all provide a significant jumpstart for SoC designers.

Start your Cortex-M85 SW development today​

Even before silicon based on Cortex-M85 become available, you can start software development with Arm Virtual Hardware (AVH). Arm Virtual Hardware delivers models of Arm-based processors, systems, and development boards, including Corstone-310 to enable fast prototyping, development, and deployment. AVH Corstone allows seamless software transfer from model to target hardware to enable continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) environments.

Processor Implementation Kit (PIK) accelerates your path to physical implementation​

The new class of high-performance microcontrollers powered by Cortex-M85 is different from traditional microcontrollers today. They have larger on-chip SRAMs, clocked at higher frequencies, and implemented in smaller geometry nodes. Achieving the optimal implementation of Cortex-M85 is non-trivial, especially for silicon designers implementing in a new technology node for the first time. To reduce design cycle time and achieve a predetermined PPA target, Arm provides a Cortex-M85 PIK capturing a set of best practices for TSMC 22ULL foundry process that includes a user guide, shmoo plots, floorplans, and reference implementation scripts in one package.

Raising the bar for microcontroller performance​

The unprecedented performance levels offered by the Cortex-M85 offers new possibilities to microcontroller developers to develop and deploy ever more demanding use-cases on the Cortex-M. Developers benefit from the simple programmer’s model, processing determinism, and low-power schemes, all of which are hallmark characteristics to all Arm Cortex-M processors.
That's the second time in 2 days the M85 has earned an ogre:

1654504035956.png

You can't get much further away from spikes than 64-bit processors.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

MDhere

Regular
Talk about being disappointed as I was hoping to retire today as I was expecting the SP to be around $35 by lunchtime

Pantene

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha

TasTroy77

Founding Member
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
C'mon Qualcomm, can you please just make an announcement already?

View attachment 8603
Extract from a VentureBeat article with Mike Vildibill, the VP of Product Management at Qualcomm Technologies - 7 July 2021

View attachment 8606

Ziad Asghar, Vice President of Product Management at Qualcomm, presents the “Powering the Connected Intelligent Edge and the Future of On-Device AI,” tutorial at the May 2022 Embedded Vision Summit.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Watch the video sounds like AKIDA
.https://www.edgify.ai

I found this over on HC on the SBW (Shekel Brainweigh Ltd) thread, thanks to @Verce whoever you are. Looks like a few different parties involved - Edgify, Flooid, Shekel and LF Edge HP, IOTech and Intel.

Maybe @Diogenese could take an ogres ogle at the patents to see what's going on?

I thought it was about time that I made the “Ultimate Guide to SBW” and consolidated months of research and analysis into one comprehensive post. Then we can add bits to it from there as more positive news develops.

Let us start with capital structure.

Capital Structure and Why This Is Important!

There are currently 139 million shares on issue, sitting at a price of 32 cents.

This gives a Market Capitalization of approximately ~45 million AUD.

Keep this in mind when we discuss partners and peers later - it’s arguably a more important metric than share price.

The Top 20 shareholders of SBW (which includes key management as the Top 2 holders) have about 90% of the stock on issue. The interests of management are well-aligned with shareholders.

What does this mean in plain English? It means management are extremely incentivized to perform, and are not just idly sitting by collecting an easy paycheck like so many other ASX companies. They have as much at stake as you do! Probably more.

The Core Business

The core business is a profitable operation which has been selling weighing systems to both retail and healthcare sectors – with reliable recurring revenue from customers including, but not limited to, household names like Toshiba and Fujitsu.

SBW have a combination of weighing + artificial intelligence + advanced mathematics which cannot be easily duplicated. The company was first founded in 1971 and was one of the first to shift from mechanical to digital weighing and ultra-thin IoT load sensors.

If you are interested in reading up on some of their patents, please see this link:

https://patents.justia.com/search?q=Shekel scales

I found 11 separate patents here, which are probably not an exhaustive list, but ranging from weighing vehicles in motion, to load cell devices (this is the flagship technology), point of sale apparatus and infant weight systems (for their medical customers)

SBW's three main technology pillars, including patented ultra-thin high precision load sensors, can distinguish between Coke, Fanta & Pepsi - even if they are all in 1.5 litre bottles!

The Hitachi Project (Hitachi’s Market Cap = roughly ~33 billion USD at time of writing, SBW = ~45 million AUD)

http://hlds.co.jp/product-eng/1079

[Translated from Japanese] Hitachi-LG Data Storage. Inc. exhibited in “NRF 2020 Retail’s Big Show” which took place at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York from 1/12-1/14/2020, where Unmanned Store solution using 3D LiDAR(TOF) was jointly exhibited with Hitachi America, Hitachi Vantara, and Shekel Brainweigh (Israel).

Some quotes I found from Hitachi themselves

“Micro-markets are the fastest growing segment of convenience shopping. We see them exploding in high traffic areas, such as workplaces, campuses, train stations and airports,” said Hideki Hayashi, Sales and Marketing Manager, Hitachi EU Ltd.

“Deploying the joint Shekel-Hitachi solution enables retailers and micro-market operators to provide the 24/7 frictionless shopping experience consumers demand without sacrificing accuracy, performance or profitability.”

“As the manager responsible for LiDAR products in EMEA markets, I consider the R&D and commercial collaboration with Shekel Brainweigh to be the perfect partnership as we both bring our respective capabilities to develop a seamless consumer shopping experience. We are extremely pleased to collaborate with Shekel Brainweigh, which we believe is the best digital weighing technology developer globally."

The collaboration builds on our expertise in optical motion sensors, together with Shekel’s advanced Product Aware Technology, and further strengthens our commitment to overcome the challenges, and address the significant opportunities, in global retail store automation.”

The Open Retail Initiative

https://www.lfedge.org/2020/02/13/n...ensor-fusion-for-intelligent-loss-prevention/

For the one-year anniversary of ORI, six initiative members Edgify, Flooid, Shekel and LF Edge members HP, IOTech and Intel inspired by the initiative, worked together on a demo for the Intel booth that showcased the value of Real Time Sensor Fusion for a loss prevention use case at self-checkout. The retail environment has become incredibly complex. The latest technologies enable data-driven experiences and unlock business value like never before, yet there is still a lack of interoperability making it difficult for retailers to deploy integrated solutions with speed and ease. The demo illustrates how integration roadblocks can be a thing of the past.

The demo pulls together real time data through the EdgeX middleware from different common systems including POS real-time transaction log, CV-based object detection, scale solution, and RFID, and data fusion—all in a single pane of glass.

Here are some PowerPoint slides of IBM, Intel & Hewlett-Packard talking about the joint solution

https://wiki.edgexfoundry.org/downl...amp;modificationDate=1579904283000&api=v2

The Fast Track Project

https://www.edgify.ai/retail/

• Reduce time at till and selection at self-checkout by up to 98%. Computer vision-based product recognition, that continuously learns directly on the till, so the accuracy of the detection always increases.
  • Friction-less stores are great in theory but extremely complicated to scale in practice. Our edge training solution makes autonomous stores scalable, by having all the AI train directly on the camera. No infrastructure costs and no added complications.
  • Reduce incorrect selections by up to 90%. Either intentional or unintentional, use computer vision that is trained directly on the SCO itself to reduce loss by more than half!
  • No barcodes, no packaging, no worries. Simple USB cameras can detect the produce at close to 100% accuracy. Use as a decision support for cashiers, or to avoid consumers having to go through long and confusing menus.

https://www.edgify.ai/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Retail_Intro.pdf

Shekel’s Visual Recognition Platform embedded with Edgify’s machine-learning training framework is the world’s first cloudless software that automatically recognises products, including fresh produce, at a retail self-checkout.

This ~45 million AUD Market Cap company allows retailers to potentially bypass expensive cloud services from Microsoft, Google and Amazon.

Sending data to the cloud is a very costly process with the Google Cloud Platform charging 1,000 stores more than US$7.2 million in cloud computing power per annum.

You can see the Shekel system 35 seconds in.

Patnership with Madix (2nd Largest Retail Shelves Manufacturer in NA)

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-rel...ade-product-aware-cabinets-to-retail-industry

NEW YORK -- January 13, 2020

Madix Inc., the second largest retail shelves manufacturer in North America, and Shekel Brainweigh Ltd. (ASX: SBW), the leader in advanced weighing technology, today announced the availability of ready-made Product Aware shelves and solutions for the retail industry.

By seamlessly integrating Product Aware shelves into our hardware, our customers are armed with accessible data giving them reliable inventory visibility and assisting them in addressing over-stock and out-of-stock problems, as well as better control over shrinkage” said Steve Kramer, VP Sales, Madix.

“For the retail industry, this is a defined competitive edge that promotes the opportunity to increase profitability.”

Conclusion

So, remember - the core scales business is what drives the revenue we see today, but the innovation division is where the real potential resides. That will take a few more months/years to play out. I think most people are buying for the fully autonomous frictionless retail technology which comes with a huge addressable market. That’s still being undervalued in my humble opinion.

Considering there are quite a few ASX-listed tech companies with no revenue and over 100 million market cap (som

Last edited:
  • Fire
Top Bottom