BRN Discussion Ongoing

chapman89

Founding Member
Tata have a job going, Principal Scientist confirming they’ll be working with Akida-

▪️Do you ever think why our brain does whatever it does so efficiently while consuming just a few watts of power?
▪️Have you ever wondered how you can quickly identify objects, places, faces etc. irrespective of the time, light conditions, whether it's raining or snowing?
▪️Or, how you can remember a song you have heard just a few times when you were a child - irrespective of whether it is played on an organ or a violin or a piano?
▪️And, what if we could capture this power efficiency in our computing infrastructure?

If so, then this might interest you.

We are looking for fresh BTech/MTech/PhD students to join our Neuromorphic & Edge Computing team at Tata Consultancy Services - Research. At TCS Research, we have been working on the evolving area of neuromorphic computing as part of our research on embedding intelligence at the edge. Brain-inspired neuromorphic systems, coupled with Spiking Neural Networks, often referred to as the 3rd generation of neural networks, offer low power consumption, online learning from low data volume and real-time inferencing which are important in multiple domains such as IoT, edge analytics, robotics, healthcare, and space tech to name a few.

As a researcher, you will have the flexibility to explore new topics within the broad area, as well as advance existing projects. Our group boasts a strong publication record with main track, demo and workshop papers in NeurIPS, ISCAS, IJCNN, NICE. You are expected to have a good understanding of AI/ML techniques and the mathematics behind them, familiarity with Deep Learning and optimization, as well as some experience with reading and understanding theoretical papers on related topics. Familiarity with PyTorch/Tensorflow is desirable. If interested, please share your CVs with me”

EC0DB133-DD10-47AF-8F89-C905A215B72C.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 84 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Stumbled upon this and thought it was a pretty good example of how open source collaboration seems to be gaining momentum. Also interesting to note the release date of The EyeQ Ultra - not until 2025!

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 4.41.06 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers,

Thought I would try to contribute something to the forum.

Engagements & possible exciting events for the coming month of May.
* I dare say there will be others which I have missed.

1, 3rd May, BRN Podcast, No.16, MegaChips ( BRN Partner), Rob Telson & Doug Fairbaine chew the fat.

2, 11th to 12th May, IESA AI Summit ( India Electronics Semiconductor Association ) ,Driving innovation, Anil is presenting.

3, 12th May, Autosense, Detroit, USA, Anil presenting.

4, 12th May, Automotive Tech Virtual Conference,
Kris Carlson presenting.

5, 18th May, Embeded Vision Summit.

6, 24th May, Vorago, Space Tech Expo, RAD Hardened AKIDA ??

7, 24th May, Brainchip Annual General Meeting.
* Everyone needs to make their vote count, we do own a peice of the company.

8, 29th May, International Symposium on Olfaction & Electronic Nose, Aveiro, Portugal, Hossam Haick talking, NANOSE.

& last , but not least, something most if not all Chippers have been waiting on........

9, 30th May, F.D.A.A.A, (American Food & Drug Administration Ammendments Act.), Dianose, Covid detection unit, NCT04476927, Required Report Date .

Looking foward to it.

Big thankyou to all the Super Sluthes, Bloody LEDGENDS.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 75 users
D

Deleted member 118

Joseph Soriaga, a Senior Director of Technology at Qualcomm Technologies, Discusses AI and On-device Continual Learning​

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Not sure I interpreted Realinfo's post the same as you FF. I didn't take any offense over it, and while I wouldn't agree to calling for a special meeting to address his concerns, I think it is quite reasonable that they be are raised at the AGM.
It is not a question of taking offence. I have sparred with Realinfo for years now. He promotes being a trader and I do not. We have sparred on this issue many times. He has clearly a sophisticated understanding of the markets.

I know that he knows that if Brainchip advises where income has been received from as he is calling for making it possible to identify it as boards, licence fees and or royalties then it exposes them to a request from the ASX for details of who, what and where did the licence fees, and or royalties come from thus potentially offending an existing NDA.

The fact that Brainchip receives royalties means there must be a product somewhere in the world. Even Blind Freddie understands that. The ASX by itself without Blind Freddie assisting would work that out too along with retail shareholders and wham Brainchip and its obligation to its customer is compromised.

He also knows that Brainchip’s former CEO Mr. Dinardo made the point that they are keeping private what they sell the chip for and licence the IP for as different customers will be offered different prices depending on who they are and the scale of their purchase.

He would therefore know that at this stage with limited income it would be much easier for a potential customer to work out what has been paid by others if these details he is seeking were provided.

Realinfo knows that the company is not going to provide the information he is seeking for these reasons. They are publicly stated.

Additionally as I pointed out he well knows the present CEO has stated the current policy and when they intend to revisit a reconsideration of what is disclosed regarding earnings.

A shareholder can send an email to Tony Dawe, ring him on the telephone or front up at the AGM as you have suggested and ask whatever they like about any issue.

Realinfo knows this better than most.

Why not do this? What is the point of posting as he has when he already knows and fully understands the answer as to why the company does what it does at this point in its growth and development.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
D

Deleted member 118

Afternoon Chippers,

* I dare say ther will be others which I have missed.

1, 12th May, Autosense, Detroit, USA, Anil presenting.

2, 18th May, Embeded Vision Summit.

3, 24th May, Vorago, Space Tech Expo, RAD Hardened AKIDA ??

4, 24th May, Brainchip Annual General Meeting.

5, 29th May, International Symposium on Olfaction & Electronic Nose, Aveiro, Portugal, Hossam Haick talking, NANOSE.

& last , but not least, something most if not all Chippers have been waiting on........

6, 30th May, F.D.A.A.A, (American Food & Drug Administration Ammendments Act.), Dianose, Covid detection unit, NCT04476927, Required Report Date .

Looking foward to it.

Regards,
Esq.
You’ve missed

• Haha
  • Fire

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

JK200SX

Regular
Evening Rocket,

Like I said , I will have missed a few.

Cheers, just added it to the list.

Regards,
Esq.
You've actually missed quite a few! In between each one, you need to add "New contract signed...." :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
D

Deleted member 118

Evening Rocket,

Like I said , I will have missed a few.

Cheers, just added it to the list.

Regards,
Esq.
Don’t worry we all suffer missing something sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Zedjack33

Regular
Afternoon Chippers,

1.1, 12th May, Automotive Tech Virtual Conference,
Kris Carlson presenting.

5, 29th May, International Symposium on Olfaction & Electronic Nose, Aveiro, Portugal, Hossam Haick talking, NANOSE.

6, 30th May, F.D.A.A.A, (American Food & Drug Administration Ammendments Act.), Dianose, Covid detection unit, NCT04476927, Required Report Date .

Looking foward to it.

Regards,
Esq.
Thanks Esq

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Zedjack33

Regular
Tata have a job going, Principal Scientist confirming they’ll be working with Akida-

▪️Do you ever think why our brain does whatever it does so efficiently while consuming just a few watts of power?
▪️Have you ever wondered how you can quickly identify objects, places, faces etc. irrespective of the time, light conditions, whether it's raining or snowing?
▪️Or, how you can remember a song you have heard just a few times when you were a child - irrespective of whether it is played on an organ or a violin or a piano?
▪️And, what if we could capture this power efficiency in our computing infrastructure?

We are looking for fresh BTech/MTech/PhD students to join our Neuromorphic & Edge Computing team at Tata Consultancy Services - Research. At TCS Research, we have been working on the evolving area of neuromorphic computing as part of our research on embedding intelligence at the edge. Brain-inspired neuromorphic systems, coupled with Spiking Neural Networks, often referred to as the 3rd generation of neural networks, offer low power consumption, online learning from low data volume and real-time inferencing which are important in multiple domains such as IoT, edge analytics, robotics, healthcare, and space tech to name a few.

As a researcher, you will have the flexibility to explore new topics within the broad area, as well as advance existing projects. Our group boasts a strong publication record with main track, demo and workshop papers in NeurIPS, ISCAS, IJCNN, NICE. You are expected to have a good understanding of AI/ML techniques and the mathematics behind them, familiarity with Deep Learning and optimization, as well as some experience with reading and understanding theoretical papers on related topics. Familiarity with PyTorch/Tensorflow is desirable. If interested, please share your CVs with me”

View attachment 5272
Thanks Jesse

Reactions: 8 users

Dougie54

Regular
Afternoon Chippers,

Kris Carlson presenting.

Looking foward to it.

Regards,
Esq.
Bring on may,it looks and sounds like it’s going to be a catalyst to the future prospects of Brainchip.

Reactions: 6 users

View attachment 5272
You must be close to getting an invite to TCS’s Office Christmas party. Yet another brilliant manufactured confirmation of Tata’s ongoing interest in AKIDA. 😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Potato

Regular
Given the recent fluctuations in the market, i would say that BRN has held up nicely.
Here's to onwards and upwards next week!

Also.. this freakin war needs to end.... its going absolutely no where.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

chapman89

Founding Member
You must be close to getting an invite to TCS’s Office Christmas party. Yet another brilliant manufactured confirmation of Tata’s ongoing interest in AKIDA. 😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It pays being a “verification engineer” 😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
It pays being a “verification engineer” 😂
What is your plan if they offer you a position? Tech is so short of staff it is possible. 😂 FF

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Ahboy

Regular
Interesting who liked the LinkedIn post. Out of 22 there are six who follow BrainChip on LinkedIn

None of these are our usual forum members (as far as I know) so an amazing strike rate of over 25%

Very interestingly of the six, two work at Intel Labs

View attachment 5263
View attachment 5270

View attachment 5266

View attachment 5265

View attachment 5264

View attachment 5268

View attachment 5271

View attachment 5269
Interesting denominator from the three Valeo's Odor twit, your linkedin likes and Brainchip -> "Weizmann institute Israel"
1651305390277.png

From the twit:
1651305504586.png

1651306657129.png

1651305790860.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
D

Deleted member 118

An workshop coming up with Heinrich Gotzig from Valeo who will be chairing

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:​

• event-based sensing,
  • event-based neuromorphic engineering,
  • event-driven
  • vision, event-driven audio,
  • event-based olfactory systems,
  • event-driven robot skin,
  • event-based information processing,
  • event-based motion detection and integration,
  • spiking neural networks,
  • edge computing,
  • address-event representation,
  • visual recognition,
  • depth estimation,
  • real-time algorithms,
  • motion estimation,
  • object tracking,
  • sensor fusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Afternoon Chippers,

Kris Carlson presenting.

Looking foward to it.

Regards,
Esq.

Nice one @Esq.111 thanks

Might be worth it’s own thread so the event dates are kept in a common location

@zeeb0t is there any way to load an editable calendar so events can be added and tracked?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Nice one @Esq.111 thanks

Might be worth it’s own thread so the event dates are kept in a common location

@zeeb0t is there any way to load an editable calendar so events can be added and tracked?

Anyone with a paid account can add an event (and people can subscribe to a reminder) to any existing or new thread

Top Bottom