Pmel

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Syntiant have a Frankenstein NN:

US2019034790A1 Systems And Methods For Partial Digital Retraining

1717827554643.png

a hybrid neural network including a plurality of analog layers, a digital layer, and a plurality of data outputs. The plurality of analog layers is configured to include programmed weights of the neural network for decision making by the neural network. The digital layer, disposed between the plurality of analog layers and the plurality of data outputs, is configured for programming to compensate for weight drifts in the programmed weights of the neural network, thereby maintaining integrity of the decision making by the neural network. Also provided herein is a method including, in some embodiments, programming the weights of the plurality of analog layers; determining the integrity of the decision making by the neural network; and programming the digital layer of the neural network to compensate for the weight drifts in the programmed weights of the neural network.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes you are right, BrainChip and AKIDA, are not mentioned.

But if you can't see, how this relates to Sean's statement, that the Market is moving in our direction, then your intellect is very small.

View attachment 64508

It doesn't necessarily mean, that ARM will be using BrainChip technology, but AKIDA, can provide the solution to what the Market is now looking for.

Pure Edge A.I.

We are not the only solution, but from the little I know, we are one of the better ones and are currently at the last 2 or 3 selection stage processes, of several large Global tech leaders.

So there is, reason to be hopeful.
I see SiFive as the tail-treading porpoise giving impetus to those who went before.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I see SiFive as the tail-treading porpoise giving impetus to those who went before.
wanda-vision-vision.gif

I request elaboration...

Although, it "was" SiFive partnering with us, that had Arm knocking on our door the very next day..

We have heard nothing from either since and I think they would be more enablers, should a major tech Company choose our solutions, moving forward into the A.I. Edge landscape?..

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_9059.jpeg

Mercedes-Benz has decided to cancel its MB.EA Large electric vehicle platform, citing slower-than-expected sales of the EQE and EQS models. This move, reported by Handelsblatt, is aimed at saving billions in development costs as the company reevaluates its luxury car strategy.

Originally slated for a 2028 release, the MB.EA platform was intended to incorporate technologies showcased in the Vision EQXX concept, including ultra-long-range capabilities. However, with the cancellation of the platform, expectations for 750 miles on a single charge have been dashed.
Instead, Mercedes plans to redirect resources into further development of its EVA2 platform, currently utilized by the EQS and EQE models.

CEO Ola Källenius assures shareholders of the company's commitment to both electric and combustion-engined vehicles in the foreseeable future.
Mercedes-Benz aims to achieve a CO2-neutral new car fleet by 2039, with electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles projected to constitute up to 50% of new car sales in the second half of the decade.

The company emphasizes flexibility in catering to customer preferences, offering vehicles with fully electric drivetrains or electrified combustion engines into the 2030s.

IMG_9060.jpeg

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 64524

Mercedes-Benz has decided to cancel its MB.EA Large electric vehicle platform, citing slower-than-expected sales of the EQE and EQS models. This move, reported by Handelsblatt, is aimed at saving billions in development costs as the company reevaluates its luxury car strategy.

Originally slated for a 2028 release, the MB.EA platform was intended to incorporate technologies showcased in the Vision EQXX concept, including ultra-long-range capabilities. However, with the cancellation of the platform, expectations for 750 miles on a single charge have been dashed.
Instead, Mercedes plans to redirect resources into further development of its EVA2 platform, currently utilized by the EQS and EQE models.

CEO Ola Källenius assures shareholders of the company's commitment to both electric and combustion-engined vehicles in the foreseeable future.
Mercedes-Benz aims to achieve a CO2-neutral new car fleet by 2039, with electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles projected to constitute up to 50% of new car sales in the second half of the decade.

The company emphasizes flexibility in catering to customer preferences, offering vehicles with fully electric drivetrains or electrified combustion engines into the 2030s.

View attachment 64525
Pure EVs everywhere, is now dead.
Which is actually good for the Planet and people who love muscle cars..

We need a variety of solutions and a kick in the pants for carbon recycling.

This won't stop the integration of A.I. into everything though and Companies like Mercedes, will continue to pursue it.

While the energy savings of neuromorphic, aren't as important now in these situations, latency still is.

The new paradigm of humanoid robots, won't be running on the Otto 4-cycle either..

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

This won't stop the integration of A.I. into everything though and Companies like Mercedes, will continue to pursue it.

While the energy savings of neuromorphic, aren't as important now in these situations, latency still is.
Be nice if we could start our integration into something.

This is negative news for BRN no matter what spin of the disc you choose to play.

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Be nice if we could start our integration into something.

This is negative news for BRN no matter what spin of the disc you choose to play.
Sorry, I just don't see how it is negative news for us, unless we are mining Lithium, or making Electric Vehicles..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

MrNick

Regular
Sorry, I just don't see how it is negative news for us, unless we are mining Lithium, or making Electric Vehicles..
Correct, we are far more useful in furthering the in-cabin technology than extending battery life or revolutionising the ICE. The global appetite for EVs has stalled... just like China, we don't need EVs to succeed.

Reactions: 7 users

Kachoo

Regular
🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 64524

View attachment 64525
There is quite a bit of politics involved in this decision. MB want to move the build to China where they can be more profitable and this gives them the out in a way.

What all this means for Akida is not known but I would say that when your looking to save money and make bigger profits you would go with solutions that are cost effective.

Reactions: 4 users

Kachoo

Regular
Correct, we are far more useful in furthering the in-cabin technology than extending battery life or revolutionising the ICE. The global appetite for EVs has stalled... just like China, we don't need EVs to succeed.
This EV news is echoing with all makers its about profitability.

Ford cancelled EVs growth also. The biggest issue was the 2030 mandate of the percentage of cars to be Electric. It was too ambitious.

The issue is that China can build the cars cheaper and have better battery technology.

The news we are fed is vary vauge to and we jump to conclusions like what is exactly the difference between each platform and what will stay or go is really not known.

Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20

The new paradigm of humanoid robots, won't be running on the Otto 4-cycle either..
Hi DB,

As you say, adoption of autonomous driving is largely independent of the EV/ICE mix. However, while from a driving point of view the reduction of processing power is not as critical, there will still be ongoing pressure to reduce the consumption of fossil fuel, even if only a few percentage points, though clearly this is not as significant as with EVs from a performance point of view.

I don't see the demise of the top of the range Mercedes EV as the death knell of widespread adoption of EVs. That will only affect BRN shareholders and a few others.

Mercedes have 10 of the top 20 EV range vehicles:

https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/range-electric-car

Also I don't know if we can take the 20 year EV/ICE carbon footprint breakeven as correct. Only recently there was a study published which placed it at about 3 years, and that with the current renewables supply mix.

Advances in battery technology will also place downward pressure on this, reducing weight and charging time while increasing range. It has been found that adding about 5% silicon to a graphite anode can increase charge density by about 40%.

I would think that the build-out of charging points will provide a degree of increased adoption in time.

https://alternative-fuels-observato..._electric_vehicle_charging_infrastructure.pdf

The rate of installation of charging points is clearly slower than the sales of battery electric cars. In 2023, BEVs represented 14.6% of EU new car sales, with plug-in hybrids accounting for 7.7%, according to ACEA data. The share of battery electric cars is expected to reach almost 30% of the European market by 2025 and to exceed 70% by 2030.8

Over the past seven years, sales of BEVs have outpaced the growth of the charging point network by more than threefold. Between 2017 and 2023, electric car sales increased over 18 times, while the number of public chargers in the EU grew merely sixfold during the same period

1717855457468.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
This EV news is echoing with all makers its about profitability.

Ford cancelled EVs growth also. The biggest issue was the 2030 mandate of the percentage of cars to be Electric. It was too ambitious.

The issue is that China can build the cars cheaper and have better battery technology.

The news we are fed is vary vauge to and we jump to conclusions like what is exactly the difference between each platform and what will stay or go is really not known.
I'm think you're missing the point, with the EV wind back, Kachoo..

It's not about profitability (linking to the costs of investment) or competing against Chinese manufacturers.

It comes down primarily (I think) to consumers not wanting them.
So yeah, I guess you can't make a profit, if no one buys your product..

People, don't even want the cheap Chinese EVs..

It more comes down to the age old saying of..
"The customer is always right".

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 64524

View attachment 64525
1717866760338.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
Hi there all Brn s/holders- i still believe in the Brainchip company,as there is still so much marketplace opportunity out there, but this makes fantastic scientific reading for the weekend.

I wonder how the temperature control works for this bio processor.
Can you radiation harden this type of bioprocessor - will shorten the ‘lifespan’ one would imagine.😂

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom