BRN Discussion Ongoing

JoMo68

Regular
View attachment 64002

This is the compute platform for the future of AI. 👇

🆕 Introducing Arm Compute Subsystems (CSS) for Client.

Designed for AI smartphones and AI PCs, CSS for Client delivers production ready physical implementations of our new CPUs and GPUs to deliver next-gen AI experiences quickly and easily.

It includes:
🔹 Our latest Armv9.2 CPU cluster, including the Arm Cortex-X925 which delivers the highest year-on-year performance uplift in the history of Cortex-X

🔹 The Arm Immortalis-G925 GPU, our most performant and efficient GPU to date with a 37% uplift in graphics performance

We are also launching new KleidiAI software to provide the simplest way for developers to get the best performance out of Arm CPUs.

So whether you want more AI, more performance or more advanced silicon, you can rely on our new solution to provide the foundation for AI-powered experiences on consumer devices. https://okt.to/PkzCt3
Has anyone noticed that if you rearrange the letters (KleidiAI), you get ‘Akida’ …. almost 😄 It’s a sign!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Has anyone noticed that if you rearrange the letters (KleidiAI), you get ‘Akida’ …. almost 😄 It’s a sign!!
I hope you were better at 'rithmetic than readin' and ritin'.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I've been off line for a while. Just got out of hospital after major kidney surgery. The pain has been quite staggering to be honest.
Anyway, for a bit of therapy, I thought I'd take a quick look here, and it really has helped. The pain of the operation has paled into insignificance and is now a distant memory.
1000023352.gif

Cheers,
I had wondered why TENNs hadn't just been demo'ed on AKD 1000, instead they seem to have been shown as individual ingredients to make up Akida 2.0 .

Anyway, Intel seem to be aiming Loihi 2 at data centres and our man Tony Lewis did mention that TENNs could be scaled up to working at data centre scale..

Did I mention my parents were big band/ jazz fans...... Glen, Benny, Louis this, Cab that......

Heard this song a million times on scatchey 78s before I could put a face to the name when the Blues Brothers movie came out.

Had no idea, that he actually co-wrote that song, as performed in the all time classic musical film The Blues Brothers.

I generally hate musicals with a passion!
But the Blues Brothers, is a rare exception.

Cheers for the history lesson 👍

👍

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

IMG_1871.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Fire

TECH

Regular
Good evening...here we go again, yet another patent only published 7 days ago from our mates at:

ACCENTURE GLOBAL SOLUTIONS LTD

Check it out, a research chip is mentioned but a commercially available chip or IP is available NOW...that's why the
continuous learning of gesture recognition and AKIDA IS MENTIONED YET AGAIN.

Patents are very powerful tools, researching them is a must !

Tech ;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users
Some recent updates in April.

Couple interesting ones I thought.

Update Akida and CNN2SNN to version 2.7.2

New features​

- [akida] Full support of standard and depthwise transposed convolution in V2 hardware
- [akida] Initial support of Stem in V2 hardware (not all used cased covered for now)
- [akida] Introduced VitEncoderBlock layer: it corresponds to the groups of layers that will be mapped to an hardware block
- [akida] Limited multi-sequence mapping on V2
- [akida] Engine fully supports 8-bits outputs for Akida 2.0 (with/without activation)
- [akida] Added a workaround to avoid race condition when NPs try to reach AeDMA
- [akida] Added support for stride 2 1x1 Conv2D (pointwise) layers for ResNet50
- [akida] Added support for 7x7, stride 2 with max pooling (pool_size=3, pool_stride=2) InputConv2D layer for ResNet50
- [akida] Added an 'activation' parameter to Add layer for ResNet50
- [akida] Improved NP count in 'Model.summary()' for 2.0 components
- [akida] Improved layers docstrings
- [cnn2snn] A set of layers that are compatible with a VitEncoderBlock will now be converted to the block instead of independent layers

Update Akida models to 1.5.0

New features​

- Aligned with CNN2SNN 2.7.2
- Reworked the detection tools: dataset management now based on TensorFlow datasets, others tools updated accordingly, COCO dataset added
- Updated AkidaNet YOLO/VOC model: now trained on COCO and transferred on the whole 20 VOC classes
- Introduced AudioViT/Urbansound model, leveraging ViT backbone for audio classification
- Added a 'summary' CLI to akida_models that handles Keras, ONNX and Akida models
- Rebased DVSSamsung model architecture to its DVSGesture sibling for hardware efficiency
- Pruned DS-CNN/KWS model from unnecessary reshape

Documentation update

• Performances: added AudioViT, updated dectection and audio sections
  • Updated "Advanced ONNX model quantization" removing parts for patterns that are now supported

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Good evening...here we go again, yet another patent only published 7 days ago from our mates at:

ACCENTURE GLOBAL SOLUTIONS LTD

Check it out, a research chip is mentioned but a commercially available chip or IP is available NOW...that's why the
continuous learning of gesture recognition and AKIDA IS MENTIONED YET AGAIN.

Patents are very powerful tools, researching them is a must !

Tech ;)
Speaking of gesture. There was a mention of new features in the latest update I just posted :unsure:

Rebased DVSSamsung model architecture to its DVSGesture sibling for hardware efficiency

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Frangipani

Regular
There are currently three job openings listed on the BrainChip website:

F9FFC5A4-230D-4EFE-827E-05DF07408721.jpeg

While we don’t know whether these are additional jobs created due to high demand from current resp. prospective customers or replacements for employees having left / about to leave our company, these job descriptions are nevertheless intriguing, as they offer a glimpse at things to come.

I merely skimmed them, underlining some parts I found particularly informative, but as a technical layperson, I may have missed some crucial new info that would be quite obvious to others here.

BD3F5737-511D-4B15-A31B-BC68EFB54E0F.jpeg

3F7E628C-1B86-45A2-A2EF-ACAA55D1F5F5.jpeg

I like the way BrainChip and Akida are being described here:

“Come join the company leading the technical revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.”

Self-driving cars! Obviously no surprise as such, as we all know that those will benefit from neuromorphic technology, but wasn’t the more general term “automotive” used until now?

We hadn’t really heard about agricultural equipment in a while, had we?

Real-time operating systems (ROTS) - makes sense because of the ultra-low latency required for those, but I can’t recall having stumbled across the term before.

D258A89B-54F8-49E0-8504-7782D5282A6F.jpeg

DB2DD349-DCF4-4386-8FBA-07482D19281A.jpeg

Mention of the next version of the Akida NSoC and LLMs!!!

What is meant by “the Akida 1.0/2.0 hardware device”? 🤔

A88ED2B2-FF54-4C8F-9E72-DADC2F44DA1C.jpeg

20A4AD30-4961-412C-9AED-340D78D65204.jpeg

C29DCE06-E51C-4043-962B-BB45CEA512B6.jpeg

🐅 team experience required for this player-coach position.
This job description sounds to me as if they are looking for an almost superhuman chief cook and bottle washer?!

Also interesting that applicants should preferably have a B.Sc. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; however, experience in lieu of education will be considered!

I had already noticed in last month’s job offer for a new HR manager (replacing Sheila Sabanal-Lau) that our company recently implemented cost saving measures by limiting the legendary free lunch to 2-3 times a week! 😂

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
There are currently three job openings listed on the BrainChip website:

View attachment 64048

While we don’t know whether these are additional jobs created due to high demand from current resp. prospective customers or replacements for employees having left / about to leave our company, these job descriptions are nevertheless intriguing, as they offer a glimpse at things to come.

I merely skimmed them, underlining some parts I found particularly informative, but as a technical layperson, I may have missed some crucial new info that would be quite obvious to others here.

View attachment 64063

View attachment 64051

I like the way BrainChip and Akida are being described here:

“Come join the company leading the technical revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.”

Self-driving cars! Obviously no surprise as such, as we all know that those will benefit from neuromorphic technology, but wasn’t the more general term “automotive” used until now?

We hadn’t really heard about agricultural equipment in a while, had we?

Real-time operating systems (ROTS) - makes sense because of the ultra-low latency required for those, but I can’t recall having stumbled across the term before.

View attachment 64053
View attachment 64054

Mention of the next version of the Akida NSoC and LLMs!!!

What is meant by “the Akida 1.0/2.0 hardware device”? 🤔

View attachment 64055

View attachment 64056
View attachment 64057

🐅 team experience required for this player-coach position.
This job description sounds to me as if they are looking for an almost superhuman chief cook and bottle washer?!

Also interesting that applicants should preferably have a B.Sc. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; however, experience in lieu of education will be considered!

I had already noticed in last month’s job offer for a new HR manager (replacing Sheila Sabanal-Lau) that our company recently implemented cost saving measures by limiting the legendary free lunch to 2-3 times a week! 😂

Apparantly now on those 3 days its all you can eat!

• Haha

IloveLamp

Top 20

Good. I'm glad they're treating the staff well. A free lunch is peanuts compared to what some companies are offering.

When we start making consistent $$, i hope to see the wages increase in order to remain competitive and not bleed staff to the nvidias and intels of the world

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Kachoo

Regular
Good. I'm glad they're treating the staff well. A free lunch is peanuts compared to what some companies are offering.

When we start making consistent $$, i hope to see the wages increase, in order to remain competitive and not bleed staff to the nvidias and intels of the world
I don't know if many realise but if you provide lunches say lunch is 1 hour usually most people will be ba k to work 45 minutes or even 40 mins.

Where if you go out its usually 1.5 hours so when you look at the rates you pay a worker even 15 minutes covers the cost of the lunch to increase productivity.

Is a very smart move.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Frangipani

Regular

… and doggy-bag the leftovers for one of the other days? 🤣

Actually, for the new HR manager, it’s free lunches on Mondays and Fridays only:

16465C89-F564-430A-A3E0-B3ADEABB2958.jpeg

While it’s still a nice gesture to provide free lunch twice a week, it seems a bit odd to cut down on the free lunches for new employees (unless they also did so for everyone else), especially when paying them a salary of more than 110k USD a year!

• Love
The free lunch on Monday and Friday would be to entice them to come in to the office, instead of having a long weekend and say they plan to work from home on those days.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

BrainShit

Regular
Why would Loihi scale better than Akida? Akida being available as IP puts it in a scaling league of its own don’t you think? The node offerings mean it can be embedded as small as two nodes or as large as 256 nodes. I don’t think BrainChip have ever left Akida in the Data Centre off the table either. Versatility is definitely a thing being able to offer up both hardware and software versions of both TENNs and Akida - something that I’m pretty sure Loihi is not capable of. TENNs makes our product line extremely agile imo.

Yes, you're right...

Just regarding scaling (not size, weight, power-consumption or body fat and available + proofed)... I compared 256 nodes which will scale up to 131 TOPS with Hala Point (Loihi2 cluster) which lead to 20 petaops ...

I know this comparison is not well suited, but it shows the dimension as well as the scaling ability of Loihi 2. So, next step ... who like to set up an Akida cluster?

Link: https://www.nextplatform.com/2024/0...ic-ai-envelope-with-hala-point-supercomputer/

Link: https://brainchip.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Akida-1.0-IP-Product-Brief_final.pdf

We're on the same ground... Akida is way better than Loihi and Intel grind's its teeth...

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Seems Microsoft maybe seeing the light :unsure:

I note earlier this year they apparently signed a deal with Intel to manufacture their chips, announced during the Intel Foundry event. Presumably the same one we attended & showcased at.

New recent Intern opening with an excerpt, my bold.

Intels neuromorphic or how good would it be for them to maybe use an IFS partner :)

Research Intern - AI-driven Hardware Design​

Microsoft · 6 days ago · Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Preferred Qualifications • Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills and communication skills, both written and verbal. • Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic research environment. • Proficient understanding of AI and machine learning concepts, especially in relation to hardware infrastructure. • Experience in simulation modeling and software development (e.g., Python, C++, MATLAB). • Research expertise with AI hardware components such as GPUs, TPUs, and neuromorphic chips. Hardware RTL development (SystemVerilog, Chisel, Bluespec) is a plus. • Experience with machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch). • Deep Knowledge of hardware design and architecture. • Prior research or project experience in AI or hardware simulation.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
On LinkedIn:
BrainChip's Akida technology is inspired by the remarkable capabilities of the human brain in processing and learning. Positioned at the forefront of innovation, our technology is set to dynamically transform the way systems and applications process information, unlocking unprecedented efficiency and intelligence. Learn more: www.brainchip.com
1717087872793.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users
The free lunch on Monday and Friday would be to entice them to come in to the office, instead of having a long weekend and say they plan to work from home on those days.
Did someone say free lunch

1717092611994.gif

• Haha
  • Wow

Baisyet

Regular
sorry if posted already

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
Top Bottom