BRN Discussion Ongoing

Ahboy

Regular
? Sean's address is precise sensitive and is usually released prior to the agm.

Reactions: 6 users

Calsco

Regular
Does anyone have the link to the AGM?

Reactions: 1 users

MrNick

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Today....what will be will be.

Tomorrow....like to add a little of our secret sauce to Frontgrades :)

Frontgrade Technologies’ Post [Video]​

View organization page for Frontgrade Technologies, graphic
Frontgrade Technologies
2,993 followers
3d

Did you know that Frontgrade’s ASICs team is part of the secret sauce that keeps our warfighters’ communications ultra secure? Our classified Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) have protected aircraft, satellites, and other critical systems from enemy hackers for decades. #ASICs #Warfigher #militarytec

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Does anyone know if the AGM is recorded and available to view after the event?

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

AI will spike data centre power demand 160% by 2030​

A single ChatGPT query consumes nearly 10 times the electricity of a Google search​

Vikki Davies
clock
20 May 2024• 2 min read

AI will spike data centre power demand 160% by 2030

Increased use of AI is set to drive a dramatic surge in data centre power demand, with a projected increase of 160% by 2030, according to new research.​

This surge is expected to have significant implications for power consumption and costs globally, particularly in the US and Europe, says Goldman Sachs Research.
Datacentres, which currently consume 1-2% of the world's electricity, are predicted to see this share rise to 3-4% by the end of the decade. In the US and Europe, this increased demand marks a return to electricity consumption growth not seen in a generation, with the potential for datacentre carbon dioxide emissions to more than double from 2022 levels by 2030.

The energy appetite of AI​

A key driver behind this surge is the energy required for AI processing. A single ChatGPT query consumes nearly 10 times the electricity of a Google search (2.9Wh versus 0.3 Wh, according to the International Energy Agency), highlighting the broader impact of AI on energy consumption.
Goldman Sachs estimates that AI alone will contribute an additional 200 terawatt-hours per year to datacentre power consumption between 2023 and 2030.
Some AI innovations boost computing speed faster than they ramp up their electricity use, but the widening use of AI will still imply an increase in the technology's consumption of power, the research found.

Read more: Power demand from UK datacentres set to surge six-fold over the next decade

US and European power demand​

In the US, datacentres are set to account for 8% of the nation's power consumption by 2030, up from 3% in 2022. This increase will necessitate around $50 billion in new generation capacity investment and an estimated 3.3 billion cubic feet per day of new natural gas demand. The last significant rise in US power demand occurred in the early 2000s, making this a notable shift.
Europe, meanwhile, faces a different set of challenges and opportunities. Having experienced a decline in electricity demand since 2008, Europe is now poised for a resurgence, with power demand potentially increasing by up to 50% from 2023 to 2033. This growth will be driven by datacentres and accelerated electrification. Meeting these needs will require over €1 trillion in investment to upgrade Europe's ageing power grid and expand renewable energy sources.

Future implications​

The Goldman Sachs analysts emphasise that, while technology companies remain confident in reducing energy intensity, they are less certain about meeting absolute emissions targets due to rising demand. This situation highlights the importance of substantial investments in renewables and emerging nuclear technologies.
Despite the challenges, AI also holds the potential to drive innovation in areas such as healthcare, agriculture and energy efficiency, which could mitigate some of the environmental impacts, Goldman Sachs says.
Datacentres' massive demand growth is already causing shifts in the energy landscape. Today a utility company in Ohio asked the state's public utilities commission to approve proposals creating a new customer class and tariffs for datacentres, protecting other users from rate rises.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Bravo

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
New on the website?
Looks like Alf has got a lot on his plate until they find some replacements?
1716251571205.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Bravo

OMG!!!!
  • new/ faster neural processing unit (45+TOPS NPU) to accelerate AI workloads
  • with 1.4x more AI performance than Qualcomm Snapdragon X Elite
  • incredible gains in battery life and power efficiency - Intel says Lunar Lake delivers the lowest power consumption it has ever seen from an x86 processor, equating to 20% lower power than Qualcomm’s chips and 30% less than AMD’s Ryzen 7 7840U

OMG-WHAT.gif

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.30.13 am.png

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.30.28 am.png

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 10.30.35 am.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
You got your announcement coming.

Learning 🪴

Reactions: 2 users

7für7

Regular
Yes but we talk about other announcements! 🫠

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
1716251994830.png

Hoping for a positive day :)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
So browsed through the minutes of the AGM and I can’t really say Im really that impressed and apart from Sean mentioning they are trying to close a few deals and managed to get down to the last few to be selected it was a bit of a damp squid.

Maybe it when I finish work I’ll be able to digest it a bit better.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

FiveBucks

So browsed through the minutes of the AGM and I can’t really say Im really that impressed and apart from Sean mentioning they are trying to close a few deals and managed to get down to the last few to be selected it was a bit of a damp squid.

The presentation is a lot of fluff and positivity. Hopefully the shareholder questions will bring some more detail in the responses.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

mcm

Regular

Damp squib my ass. It is a very exciting read ... especially the info on TENNS!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Damp squib my ass. It is a very exciting read ... especially the info on TENNS!
Hasn’t this information been released before?

Reactions: 4 users

Cardpro

Regular
You say "we" like you're actually holding. That is lol worthy. The forum isn't that stupid Cardpro. How's your sleep going? I'm sure you'll say fine, but really?

Shame on you. And shame on anyone else who thinks it's ok to sow seeds of doubt and swindle hard working people out of a piece of one of the most disruptive technologies we've seen in decades. Scum of the earth.

Post a screenshot of your holdings.......yeah yeah, I have photoshop too

Your karma is coming.
Seed doubts? U r an idiot if u think I am somehow influencing the share price lol I doubt anyone will sell / buy caz of my posts or ur posts

You prob shouldn't invest if my posts are seeding doubts for u lol

The timelines I expected and sure many of u expected were not met, and I am sick of people pretending they knew it as if it was all planned.

But that being said, I am really glad that they finally admitted that the timeline they anticipated was wrong. I truely hope they will start landing deals soon.

"Let me acknowledge right up front that our revenue numbers are not there yet. The
evaluation and design cycle are longer, deeper, and more complex than we
anticipated as customers plan their strategic roadmaps. However, after hearing my
prepared remarks, hopefully you too will share my conviction that we are a much
stronger and a better positioned company and share my optimism in our near-term
and long-term success."

• Fire
Wow they must have kept the lights down to emphasise Akida's low power draw :ROFLMAO:

Can someone please ask what are their sales plans in Southeast Asia? As a foreign holder I can't register for a shareholder account with Boardroom as shares held through nominee account.

• Haha
This is a massive statement for mine.

"In our internal testing compared to GPT-2 (which has the same basic transformer architecture as GPT4) we're seeing 5,000x less computation required, and training is at least 10-60x faster for a comparable model. In my opinion this is the definition of a game changer and can be a catalyst for the adoption of BrainChip technology. We are currently engaged in critical discussions with several potential key licensees. based on the differentiated combination of TENNS plus our Generation 2 platform."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users
Top Bottom