BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Pat Gelsinger
Pat Gelsinger CEO Intel
https://www.linkedin.com/in/patgels...ofile:ACoAAAC5Qa8BtKJ92LoJMkKb0QmMsMkKdsyyT3c
Great AI results from Stability AI. Intel Corporation is raising the bar for AI performance with cost-effective and high-performance solutions. We will continue working on our goal of enabling the AI continuum to power all use cases in a responsible and ethical way, supporting open and secure AI systems of the future.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

University of Western Australia Latest to Join the​

BrainChip University AI Accelerator Program​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – March 12, – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that The University of Western Australia has joined the BrainChip University AI Accelerator Program, ensuring that UWA students have the tools and resources needed to help develop leading-edge technologies that will continue to usher in an era of intelligent AI solutions.

As one of the world’s elite, research-intensive universities, UWA is recognized for resolving real-world challenges that are critical to the planet and people. The university has forged and embraced connections with community, partners, and industry to ensure its impact is far reaching, both now and into the future. By joining the BrainChip University AI Accelerator Program, UWA students studying data and computer science gain access to the neuromorphic technology needed to tackle technological challenges and devise innovative solutions to transform the way we live.

BrainChip’s University AI Accelerator Program provides platforms, and guidance to students at higher education institutions with AI engineering programs. Students participating in the program will have access to real-world, event-based technologies offering unparalleled performance and efficiency to advance their learning through graduation and beyond.

“Advancements in data and computer science are influencing the way that people live and interact with one another,” said Rachel Cardell-Oliver, Associate Professor Head of Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering at UWA. “We are constantly seeking ways in which we can give our students real-world experience to expand their knowledge and expertise to prepare them for a future in the technology industry. Partnering with a company like BrainChip to bring in the means for advancing our students’ education is something we know will pay dividends to our students in the years ahead.”

BrainChip’s neural processor, Akida™ IP is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power when compared to conventional neural network accelerators. Lower power affords greater scalability and lower operational costs. BrainChip’s Akida supports incremental learning and high-speed inference in a wide variety of use cases. Among the markets that BrainChip’s Essential AI technology will impact are the next generation of smart cars, smart homes of today and tomorrow, and industrial IoT.

“The University of Western Australia has formed partnerships with industry leaders like BrainChip a part of its focus for giving students the critical edge they need upon graduation,” said Rob Telson, VP Ecosystems and Partnerships at BrainChip. “As the latest addition to our University AI Accelerator Program, UWA students have access to neuromorphic IP that they can utilize to understand how best to advance AI at the device level. This education will inherently help prepare them for jobs in the industry, advancing capabilities in developing solutions supported by incremental learning and high-speed inference across a wide range of use cases and industries.”

UWA joins current participants Arizona State University, Carnegie Mellon University, Rochester Institute of Technology, University of Oklahoma, and the University of Virginia in the accelerator program. Other institutions of higher education interested in how they can become members of BrainChip’s University AI Accelerator Program can find more details at https://brainchip.com/brainchip-university-ai-accelerator/.

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)

BrainChip is the worldwide leader in Edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, Akida™ , uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables Edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today’s workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective Edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc
Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

About University of Western Australia

Established in 1911 as the State’s first university, The University of Western Australia (UWA) was also the first free university in the British Empire actively promoting equal access to tertiary education for all social classes. Today UWA is ranked in the world’s top 100 universities and number one in Western Australia. As one of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities UWA operates more than 40 intensive research centers and 22 schools, in addition to having a broad range of successful industry partnerships. The University is a member of the internationally recognized Australian Group of Eight universities and a foundation member of the Matariki Network of high-quality, research-intensive universities with a particular focus on student experience.

Media Contact:
Mark Smith
JPR Communications
818-398-1424

Investor Relations:
Tony Dawe
Director, Global Investor Relations
tdawe@brainchip.com
Love this part, at first I thought..
"Yeah, a Western Australian University engagement, is really no big surprise"..

"Today UWA is ranked in the world’s top 100 universities and number one in Western Australia. As one of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities UWA operates more than 40 intensive research centers and 22 schools, in addition to having a broad range of successful industry partnerships. The University is a member of the internationally recognized Australian Group of Eight universities and a foundation member of the Matariki Network of high-quality, research-intensive universities with a particular focus on student experience"

Do people realise yet, how BIG this Company is looking to be in the Future?!!

But when, when, when, will we see some Big Companies, put their money on the table?

This year is certainly looking to be transformative and I'm expecting an announcement of a major IP deal, this week for starters!

If we don't get it, I'm going to chuck a major wobbly!

C'mon, let's all hold hands in cyberspace and sing Kum Ba Yah together and maybe we can make this happen!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

manny100

Regular
Love this part, at first I thought..
"Yeah, a Western Australian University engagement, is really no big surprise"..

"Today UWA is ranked in the world’s top 100 universities and number one in Western Australia. As one of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities UWA operates more than 40 intensive research centers and 22 schools, in addition to having a broad range of successful industry partnerships. The University is a member of the internationally recognized Australian Group of Eight universities and a foundation member of the Matariki Network of high-quality, research-intensive universities with a particular focus on student experience"

Do people realise yet, how BIG this Company is looking to be in the Future?!!

But when, when, when, will we see some Big Companies, put their money on the table?

This year is certainly looking to be transformative and I'm expecting an announcement of a major IP deal, this week for starters!

If we don't get it, I'm going to chuck a major wobbly!

C'mon, let's all hold hands in cyberspace and sing Kum Ba Yah together and maybe we can make this happen!
Microsoft in its early days took on Teriary Educators as partners to ensure graduate awareness.
Today they have an enormous program which includes high schools etc.
It's all about furthering the Brand and awareness. BRN are really making advances with some Key Educational Institutions on board.
It's all starting to come together for BRN thanks to all sorts of strategies put together by Sean and his team.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 57 users

Leevon

Emerged
Hi, @Esq.111
Could you or someone else give a explanation as to why BrainChip shares
are going down. With all the Companies that now seem to be using AKIDA and
all the Great reviews they seem to be getting, and still the price is going down.
I just cannot understand it. And please do not tell me that people are waiting for REVENUE.
People invest in the Stock Market for the reason of what the Future brings and not what the
present is, and everybody who have done their research, now know what the future will bring.
Yet the price keeps going down. (puzzled )🤔
Manipulation....hold tight... there's a rocket launching. We should all have learned over the last few years in clown world, that when we truly believe something/someone is 'right' and others are telling us different, trust your instincts! You are generally right!!

Reactions: 2 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers ,

Possibly shared before.

Watching the ABC Morning news, Wow.

No mention of us .... but this is right up our ally.

*Australian invention to detect power line faults... before Wild 🔥 starts.
*1 box every 5 km can detect a fault down to a 10 metre section of line.
* Uses radio frequency.
* Submission for funding is before the Gov pressently. Looking for $450 million AU in funding over 10 years.

Think someone should send this through to our management , thankyou in advance.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20240313_060624.jpg
    20240313_060624.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
  • 20240313_060759.jpg
    20240313_060759.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

cosors

👀
I wish you a good start in the day!
Screenshot_2024-03-12-21-06-17-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

TECH

Regular

View attachment 58928

I received many great questions from the community in response to my recent post on neuromorphic computing, so I’ll jump right in and answer a few.

How does a more powerful processor increase energy efficiency?

#AI is already used in advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS) and infotainment, and the complex calculations are currently performed on traditional CPUs, GPUs and NPUs, which are not energy efficient. #Neuromorphiccomputing requires for the same tasks less energy. As the number of AI functions continue to increase, the increased computing efficiency of neuromorphic hardware will require less energy in comparison to legacy hardware. Reduced energy usage will also increase vehicle range and improve sustainability.

When can I experience neuromorphic computing?

Widespread use of neuromorphic computing will depend on many factors. The technology requires new programming and algorithms, so it will not immediately replace traditional processors. One key factor for us is that automotive-grade chips must meet extremely strict reliability requirements. However, we are already actively working to drive development and we are committed to being the first to use this technology in the automotive industry.

If you haven’t read the article yet, check it out here https://lnkd.in/epnUc5Sy. Be sure to ask more questions so we can keep the conversation going.

Neuromorphic computing? We’ve got that. 😎

Because it’s still nascent technology, I am frequently asked to describe #neuromorphic computing. It is a paradigm shift for how we perform computations in machine learning (#ML) and artificial intelligence (AI), which process massive amounts of data requiring tons of fast memory.

Currently available processor architecture separates data calculations from system memory, which is inefficient. The biological inspiration for neural networks is the human brain, where computing and memory are combined, and data processing uses neurons to communicate through electrical signals and chemical processes known as neurotransmitters.

In neuromorphic computing, those human neurons and synapses are modelled in circuits and communication is event-driven, with information coded in spikes, mimicking the processing fundamentals of the brain. Those spikes propagate through a Spiking Neural Network of artificial neurons and synapses to predict results. Information processing is measured by spike rate or spike time instead of the number of calculations. Thus, neuromorphic chips are more energy efficient and have lower latency than conventional CPUs and GPUs. That means much faster computation using considerably less power.

However, this change in data processing also requires new software algorithms specifically designed to work with neuromorphic hardware. Existing algorithms can only partially leverage the many benefits of neural technology. Thanks to Valerij, Alexander, Christina in the Innovations & Future Technology area and the rest of our team for tackling this huge project!

𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

Neuromorphic computing reduces the power required for advanced AI computation, which is useful in applications where energy is limited, like electric vehicles. However, we still need automotive-grade chips with neuromorphic technology before this technology becomes common in cars.

We at Mercedes-Benz AG are currently working on novel algorithms that take advantage of neuromorphic computing to improve the energy efficiency and performance of our cars. Our primary goals are to extend vehicle range, make safety systems react faster, and increase the number of #AI functions possible. In 2020, we already joined the #Intel Neuromorphic Research Community and since then we are continuously expanding our collaborations with other research partners and universities to ensure our software and hardware solutions continue to lead the industry.

It's an exciting time to be in the world of automotive technology. Please share any questions and comments below.

Excellent post S G (y)

This explanation below is first-class !!

Despite not specifically mentioning us, I'd politely suggest if you still don't think that a world leader in Neuromorphic Computing, with two proof of concept chips AKD 1000 and AKD 1500 and proof of concept in IP only at this stage in AKD 2000 are still wrapped up with MB, well then
stick with your Nickel, Iron Ore and Lithium stocks....Technology is the future, I know it, you know it and we are donkey deep at the cutting-edge !

Regards...Texta :ROFLMAO:

In neuromorphic computing, those human neurons and synapses are modelled in circuits and communication is event-driven, with information coded in spikes, mimicking the processing fundamentals of the brain. Those spikes propagate through a Spiking Neural Network of artificial neurons and synapses to predict results. Information processing is measured by spike rate or spike time instead of the number of calculations. Thus, neuromorphic chips are more energy efficient and have lower latency than conventional CPUs and GPUs. That means much faster computation using considerably less power.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Damo4

Regular
Am I going mad or was there more pages in this thread before?
I thought I saw 4016 pages and then 4014 and now 4011.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000014102.jpg

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Am I going mad or was there more pages in this thread before?
I thought I saw 4016 pages and then 4014 and now 4011.
1000014103.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Teach22

Regular
Excellent post S G (y)

This explanation below is first-class !!

Despite not specifically mentioning us, I'd politely suggest if you still don't think that a world leader in Neuromorphic Computing, with two proof of concept chips AKD 1000 and AKD 1500 and proof of concept in IP only at this stage in AKD 2000 are still wrapped up with MB, well then
stick with your Nickel, Iron Ore and Lithium stocks....Technology is the future, I know it, you know it and we are donkey deep at the cutting-edge !

Regards...Texta :ROFLMAO:

Hey @TECH aka Texta.

How about providing some evidence of your previous post. (Below).

BrainChip’s Akida™ neuromorphic processor has been integrated into several microcontroller units (MCUs) and embedded systems-on-chip (SoCs). Here are some notable instances:

1. SiFive Essential™ Processors with Akida-E:
  2. SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow Processors with Akida-S:

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Thank me for that.
Reason.
I'm going with Fact Finder back to hot crapper.
And when I go, so do my posts. (all 250+ of them)
1387.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

ndefries

Regular
Thank me for that.
Reason.
I'm going with Fact Finder back to hot crapper.
And when I go, so do my posts. (all 250+ of them)
this isn't the case - you can search for past comments and they are there.

• Fire

TECH

Regular
Hey @TECH aka Texta.

How about providing some evidence of your previous post. (Below).

BrainChip’s Akida™ neuromorphic processor has been integrated into several microcontroller units (MCUs) and embedded systems-on-chip (SoCs). Here are some notable instances:

1. SiFive Essential™ Processors with Akida-E:
  2. SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow Processors with Akida-S:

No comment to a number of posters...they weren't my words, the dark web conjures up all sorts of information, unless Brainchip and SiFive
make a joint statement it's purely speculation, do you believe everything you read over the internet, I honestly can't say it's fact or not.

Only thing I can say with any certainty is that our 1st quarter finishes in 13 business days, then we wait to see how the company has been performing when the 4C is released in late April 2024.

Have a good day...Tech.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

RobjHunt

Regular
I can feel it in my bones Esqo. Let’s go for round 3 🔔

I’m Panteneing 😉

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Indeed...

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I/ONX Neuromorphic
I/ONX Neuromorphic
https://www.linkedin.com/company/i-onx/?miniCompanyUrn=urn:li:fs_miniCompany:96327740
Computational processes using traditional GPUs and CPUs in large data centers running complex data processing tasks significantly lack energy efficiency.

We are essentially at the fundamental limit of Artificial intelligence and machine Learning using traditional data processing technologies.

Enter neuromorphic computing. It has the potential to achieve High Performance Computing and yet consumes 1/1000th of the energy! Sound interesting?

Get in contact with one of our team members today to find out how we can transform your data center into an energy saving force by mimicking the brain's parallel processing capabilities!
View attachment 58939
Any ties to BRN does anyone know ?

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

View attachment 58928

I received many great questions from the community in response to my recent post on neuromorphic computing, so I’ll jump right in and answer a few.

How does a more powerful processor increase energy efficiency?

#AI is already used in advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS) and infotainment, and the complex calculations are currently performed on traditional CPUs, GPUs and NPUs, which are not energy efficient. #Neuromorphiccomputing requires for the same tasks less energy. As the number of AI functions continue to increase, the increased computing efficiency of neuromorphic hardware will require less energy in comparison to legacy hardware. Reduced energy usage will also increase vehicle range and improve sustainability.

When can I experience neuromorphic computing?

Widespread use of neuromorphic computing will depend on many factors. The technology requires new programming and algorithms, so it will not immediately replace traditional processors. One key factor for us is that automotive-grade chips must meet extremely strict reliability requirements. However, we are already actively working to drive development and we are committed to being the first to use this technology in the automotive industry.

If you haven’t read the article yet, check it out here https://lnkd.in/epnUc5Sy. Be sure to ask more questions so we can keep the conversation going.

Neuromorphic computing? We’ve got that. 😎

Because it’s still nascent technology, I am frequently asked to describe #neuromorphic computing. It is a paradigm shift for how we perform computations in machine learning (#ML) and artificial intelligence (AI), which process massive amounts of data requiring tons of fast memory.

Currently available processor architecture separates data calculations from system memory, which is inefficient. The biological inspiration for neural networks is the human brain, where computing and memory are combined, and data processing uses neurons to communicate through electrical signals and chemical processes known as neurotransmitters.

However, this change in data processing also requires new software algorithms specifically designed to work with neuromorphic hardware. Existing algorithms can only partially leverage the many benefits of neural technology. Thanks to Valerij, Alexander, Christina in the Innovations & Future Technology area and the rest of our team for tackling this huge project!

𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

Neuromorphic computing reduces the power required for advanced AI computation, which is useful in applications where energy is limited, like electric vehicles. However, we still need automotive-grade chips with neuromorphic technology before this technology becomes common in cars.

We at Mercedes-Benz AG are currently working on novel algorithms that take advantage of neuromorphic computing to improve the energy efficiency and performance of our cars. Our primary goals are to extend vehicle range, make safety systems react faster, and increase the number of #AI functions possible. In 2020, we already joined the #Intel Neuromorphic Research Community and since then we are continuously expanding our collaborations with other research partners and universities to ensure our software and hardware solutions continue to lead the industry.

It's an exciting time to be in the world of automotive technology. Please share any questions and comments below.

Some interesting likes!

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 11.51.45 am.png

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 11.47.52 am.png

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 11.48.29 am.png

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 11.48.55 am.png

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 11.51.20 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
Top Bottom