BRN Discussion Ongoing

ndefries

Regular
Somehow I have gotten lost as to what our prospects/relationship with Prophesee currently is. Am I the only one?

If someone could get me up to speed I would appreciate it. Or just refer me to an appropriate post. All I ever see is their relationship with Qualcomm touted but I know that they are familiar with AKIDA and it is right up their alley.
I think the most famous comment from their founder when on our podcast was that they were worried they were building a house of cards until brainchip came along. That we complement their product so well. Their connection to Sony and qualcomm is so close and this partnership is so important to brainchip I hope there is a good update soon.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Cand2it

Without a signed IP contract with us how can Prophesee be using our IP in their products? Is it correct to say that that we cannot expect any royalties from any partner if they havent signed a IP contract? @Fact Finder could you please shed some light on this? Sean also said in the webinar that it was a high priority for the sales team to get more IP contracts. I hope it is possible that our IP can be used by partners without an IP agreement. Then hopefully revenue will appear suddenly. I just dont understand how anyone can pay us without any formally signed contract.

Reactions: 10 users

FJ-215

Regular
Without a signed IP contract with us how can Prophesee be using our IP in their products? Is it correct to say that that we cannot expect any royalties from any partner if they havent signed a IP contract? @Fact Finder could you please shed some light on this? Sean also said in the webinar that it was a high priority for the sales team to get more IP contracts. I hope it is possible that our IP can be used by partners without an IP agreement. Then hopefully revenue will appear suddenly. I just dont understand how anyone can pay us without any formally signed contract.
Morning @Cand2it,

Prophesee aren't using our IP in their current products. Think of it more as we are in development for their next generation products.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
Well, I sense an understandable degree of cynicism and scepticism from I suspect, rightly or wrongly, someone who hasn't really delved into the intricacies of TA themselves?

It can be easy to dismiss that which we do not really understand wouldn't you agree.

Though, you describe yourself as a technophobe yet, are on face value, heavily invested in a highly technologically driven and complex product.

Like a lot of us, you may not fully understand the product intricacies yet made a wise decision based on your own assessment within your own research and understanding.

Your point re public share forum chartists has an element of validity in so much as they influence a certain number of so called followers or even those uninitiated who don't do their own research to cross check the pronouncements.

Though, I temper that with the fact that these public chartists are actually putting their calls out there for public scrutiny and anyone can go back through their historical posts to see how successful their calls were or were BS.

That way the reader can judge accordingly. If they choose to jump on blind faith, so be it and own it as an individual.

I agree though that there are those that no doubt deliberately attempt to influence others for their own gain or reasons, no less than the fundamental posters of the same ilk do too.

Whilst there are a number of TSE members who know or communicate personally with you, you are an anonymous poster to me as we have not met or communicated privately.

Does that mean that I don't respect and value your thoughts, analysis, opinions?

Not at all.

I take those as they should be, with a grain of salt to be be read, digested and then conclude in my own opinion the merit of them.

However, one could argue that with your following here and previously elsewhere that you too may have had certain influences, indirectly and not intentionally, but influences none the less.

A public Chartist is highly unlikely to move a stock the way you appear to be describing.

I would contend that a simple uttering by a certain car manufacturer had far more ramification to the SP than a public Chartist, wouldn't you agree?

As far chartists knowing each other, I must be one of the rare ones then.

Generally I don't engage much with others outside of the forum threads...the occasional DM but that has literally been 2 or 3 here on TSE.

As such, I find your statement that it's rare regarding 2 chartists coming to similar conclusions that don't know each other to be a bit generalist and not really based on fact imo.

Chartists can interpret differently depending on skill, study, type of style they follow etc and can only present their conclusions based on that, no different than someone giving a SP prediction in 3, 6 or 12 months yet, we've all seen and often participated in those threads.

Fun, wishful thinking, based on facts or just an interpretation of the known and unknown fundamentals, market, industry and probability of that SP outcome?

Sounds a bit like charting in some ways.

Simple first rule of charting imo is look left then look right.

That will help identify the basics of potential future support and resistance areas, trend lines and reactions by the mkt to certain events or expectations on the upcoming of those events.

That and an understanding that charts need to be looked at in different timeframes depending on what the person is trying to uncover or decipher is just as important, as patterns or behaviours can validate or fail within days or sometimes months.

Good chat thanks and will leave it there for readers to take what they will out of it re charts, fundamentals or a combination of both tools when investing.

Edit. I forgot to add there was a Short Term Trading forum on the other place I used to frequent for a few years and there was a competition where your success was absolutely measured.

It was run by the posters and a great place to learn from others as the respect and discussions were not dissimilar to here.

There were specific rules and a running leaderboard updated every Sunday evening before the new trading week.

You could tip a stock TA or FA or both and either long or short or both and you were only successful if your tip gained 25% within 4 weeks from memory so looking for breakout patterns or upcoming FA catalysts was paramount.

The table collated everyone on an ongoing basis with quite a bit of info / stats and your tip had to meet certain criteria as to why. There had to be some substance for all to read and judge the merit of your call.
I need unfortunately to address some of your points:

1. I make clear I am a technophobe so that no one thinks I have a background in engineering or data science and am bringing any particular expertise in this area.

2. I read widely on the merits of charting which convinced me it was not science as I understood science.

3. Following this I asked the opinion of someone who has appropriate academic qualifications and who worked at the Bank of England in Foreign Exchange regulation at the time and they confirmed my view of its merits.

4. This person also referred me to Warren Buffets views on charting which I am sure you would be well aware of as he is usually asked at least once a year.

5. A game on HC is not a controlled scientific test. If it were my predictions of Brainchip’s share price would score me at 66.6’% accuracy.

6. As to what influence anyone can have on social media I prefer to accept the opinions of regulators that social media campaigns are used to influence the market.

7. In your first response you made the point that charting involves the science of ‘mathematics, patterns, probability and psychology’. I go back to my point about why I describe myself as a technophobe. Even if charting was a science those who practice the art to receive intellectual respect would need to disclose their CV covering the study of each of these sciences so that their claimed expertise can be weighed and validated. Going back and counting up how many times they guessed correctly when most take each way bets is far from a controlled scientific examination of their expertise.

Finally my comments were never directed at yourself. You consistently provide amazing research contributions and do not as far as I can recall ever give other than balanced opinions.

So as you said I will leave it here as we have diametrically opposed views on this one subject.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

rgupta

Regular
Arm, Intel, sifive and prophese are our technology partners. Which to me means we integrated out product with their technology. Now they and their ecosystem partners have access to our technology. A final prototype can be build for the customer. Then depending upon customer requirements they can either see sign a new ip or get ip from a third party like megachips, renasas etc.
The whole process is secured with binding contracts.
Dyor

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
👏 👏 👏

IMG_8500.jpeg

We did it 🚀🚀🚀
Space-grade hardware built from scratch and tested in space in under 12 months!
Our first Beacon has been launched this week on a mission with German Aerospace Center (DLR) and SSC - Swedish Space Corporation.
The Beacon worked throughout the whole launch:
🦾 survived 12g of acceleration and 4Hz of spinning
🌌 reached well beyond the Karman line to 260 km
🛰️ communicated with two different satellite constellations
✅ accurately measured the acceleration, velocity, rotation and attitude
🔥 reentered back into the atmosphere
🏔️ then landed in Northern Sweden well inside the Arctic circle
🚁 and finally recovered and brought back to the base
⭐️ Most importantly, we have collected very valuable data during this flight

And yes, it still works! We are bringing it home to our office in the National Space Industry Hub.
Some NSW museums have already asked if they can add it to their space exposition, so hopefully, you could all see it in person this year!

Thank you very much to everyone who helped us get here!
Mary Pillay who managed the mission end to end, navigating multiple companies and space agencies involved, making sure we did everything on time and on quality.
Eben Steenekamp, Aiden Taba, Domenic Simone and Nicholas Simone, who worked on the Beacon software and hardware.
Mikhail Asavkin 🇦🇺 who made sure we have all the features in the Beacon that our customers want so much, encouraging us to be bold and take risks, often pushing us to the edge of what was technically possible.

Andrew Barton, Andrew Dempster, Bruce Tulloch, Eamonn Glennon, Jason Held, Julie Autuly, Patrick Oppel, Tim Parsons who were supporting and mentoring us, helping to build connections with future customers and avoid costly pitfalls.

Big thanks also to Jibin Jeffrey Dhanaraj and ResearchSat team, who helped us to get on this rocket very late into the mission, and Stefan Krämer who was absolutely amazing to work with from SSC - Swedish Space Corporation side liaising between us and DLR, making sure we can demonstrate everything we need in this flight and of course Australian Space Agency for issuing us the payload permit on a tight schedule.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Cand2it

Arm, Intel, sifive and prophese are our technology partners. Which to me means we integrated out product with their technology. Now they and their ecosystem partners have access to our technology. A final prototype can be build for the customer. Then depending upon customer requirements they can either see sign a new ip or get ip from a third party like megachips, renasas etc.
The whole process is secured with binding contracts.
Dyor
Thank you I think I understand 😊

Reactions: 3 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
I don"t suppose Sam Altmun's address at the end of the IFS 2024 could include,

20(A) ................... "THATS THE REASON WE WANT $7,000,000,000.00 TO GET THIS
REMBRANT/PECCASO/WORK OF ART AI ARCHITECTURE OUT INTO THE WORLD"

BTW ................. IM CALLING IT EARLY :rolleyes:

GREEN BABY ............................ YEAHHHHHHHHH .............................:love:

View attachment 57522

Green, red or grey @mrgds ?

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Hi @charles2

The only things I know about Prophesee and it’s neuromorphic sensor technology are:

1. It can work with other technology including Von Neumann;

2. It partnered with Brainchip because AKIDA technology natively runs SNN and as such is directly compatible with Prophesee’s sensor and there is no loss of functionality as there is when teamed with other technology such as that from SynSense, Intel, Qualcomm and Sony.

3. Brainchip and Prophesee were demonstrating their joint technology at CES 2024.

4. In my opinion Brainchip is not part of the current Prophesee product offerings from SynSense, Qualcomm and/or Sony.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

rgupta

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Morning @Cand2it,

Prophesee aren't using our IP in their current products. Think of it more as we are in development for their next generation products.
Maybe this is the deal Sean was referring to that didn’t go through is my thinking

• Thinking

Getupthere

Regular
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

mrgds

Regular
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Reactions: 4 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

mrgds

Regular
Screenshot (85).png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

FJ-215

Regular
Maybe this is the deal Sean was referring to that didn’t go through is my thinking
Maybe, don't think we will ever know who it was. Although Prophesee already had a working solution with their current tech partner so could be one of our early adopters.

Top Bottom