BRN Discussion Ongoing

RobjHunt

Regular
No, I'm suggesting that the Q&A session is not good for the company due to the questions. Sean had to explain in 5 different ways he can't talk about other companies. This should be known by any investor that unless it was news before the presentation, it 100% isn't going to be talked about during. What do people think, he's going to reveal a few NDA's to keep the pitchfork peasants happy?
Yeah, but there’s a reason why CEO’s tap dance 😉

Reactions: 1 users

rgupta

Regular
For anyone who thinks brainchip can do wonders think these facts
1. Brainchip is too small in size and they will always need big players on their side to climb on ladder of success.
2. No company in this world can survive without their ecosystem partners. You can take example of apple, nvidia, Microsoft etc.
3. Brainchip cannot talk big until they are start getting into customers' products.
4. Even with the best product we cannot be a success unless we are friendly with big players.
5. Unlike other start ups brainchip have no God father and they have to make their own way at their own. It is a difficult work in modern time but brainchip is fighting it out which means there is something in technology.
6. Out of my experience I had not seen a single corporate boss as nice and visionary as PVDM. Show me a company with more than 60% shares to retail investors ( non institutional and promoters) To me he is like you and me otherwise he could had sit with any big player and could have been a billionaire right now.
7. Looking at all those scenarios company is starting on a mid way which is mix yourself with existing technology and find some friends and ecosystem partners. Once we get through some distance, we will start getting some recognition, then we can start penetrating and then we can start commanding.

I believe in technology and invested as per my capacity to bear losses. It is definitely more difficult to fly opposite to wind. Brainchip is trying to fight our cause with limited resources. End of the day it is patience and persistence effort which can take us to the next level.
If someone wants to make millions from brainchip then try to sacrifice a little.
If you are a believer then look through the smoke mirrors and take risk. If you want to negotiate the market then it is high risk investment.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
At #MWC24, Intel announced new platforms, solutions and services spanning network and edge AI, Intel Core Ultra processors and the AI PC, and more. #IAmIntel

NEWS HIGHLIGHTS

• Intel announced its future Intel® Xeon® processor with built-in AI acceleration, code-named Granite Rapids-D, and highlighted first-call validation with key partners.
  • Intel, in collaboration with 5G core software suppliers, previewed its next-gen Intel Xeon processor for 5G core, code-named Sierra Forest, demonstrating a 2.7x performance per rack improvement1.
  • Intel announced Intel’s Edge Platform, a modular and open software platform that enables enterprises to build, deploy, run, manage and scale edge and AI solutions on standard hardware with cloud-like simplicity.
  • Intel will announce extended benefits of the AI PC to commercial designs with the new Intel vPro® platform, on day two of MWC 2024.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
The slide says edge space and I don't think True North plays in that space.

Loihi is a research chip according to most notes on it.

Jetson or Orin...maybe.

I suspect Innatera, maybe Greenwaves would be a couple....Rain possibly if we have specs and a few others as probables like Qualcomm even in the edge space.

I know a made a bit fun at it yesterday but...

Still, it is asking a bit of blind faith when we can't as investors actually compare our own research on the competitors we are competing with.

I'm curious who they are and if those competitors are already selling product and if so, why, if we stack up better as per the slide.
Not sure if I'm still barking up the wrong tree FMF but there may be some more relevant info on Page(s) 8-11??
Regards
https://brainchip.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/BrainChip_Benchmarking-Edge-AI-Inference-1.pdf

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
An under rated post Evermont
Here is a video many have already seen fromLuca Verre.

You don't need rose coloured glasses to see Qualcomm are accessing an event based camera for the mobile phone industry.
If you watch the clip with Luca, Prophesee, are on to a good thing and the similarities seen in that clip with the BRN discussions, videos podcasts and use cases offered by the BRN team for AKIDA are eerily similar.

Prophesee are using AKIDA in their event based cameras.... IMO ans Qualcomm are using Prophesee to propel their advantage in the mobile phone camera space.
Hi FK,

I wish that were true, but the available evidence does not support your conclusion.

The X320 is a mini version of the Prophesee Gen 4 DVS, having about a tenth the number of pixels.

Qualcomm has their own Hexagon NPU in Snapdragon 8.2.

1709028921468.png

Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 deep dive: Everything you need to know (androidauthority.com)

To boost performance, the Tensor accelerator inside the DSP has doubled in size for twice the performance and has new optimizations specifically for language processing. Qualcomm is also debuting what it calls micro tile inference support, essentially chopping up imaging and other problems into smaller tiles to save on memory at the expense of some result accuracy. Along those lines, the addition of INT4 also means that developers can now implement machine learning problems requiring high bandwidth at the expense of some accuracy if compressing a larger model. Qualcomm is providing tools to partners to help support INT4, so it will require a retooling of existing applications to work.
Qualcomm doubled the physical link between the image signal processor (ISP), Hexagon DSP, and Adreno GPU, driving higher bandwidth and lowering latency. This allows the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 to run much more powerful machine-learning tasks on imaging data right off the camera sensor. RAW data, for instance, can be passed directly to the DSP/AI Engine for imaging workloads, or Qualcomm can use the link to upscale low-res gaming scenarios to assist with GPU load balancing.

So it is possible that Prophesee dumbed-down its DVS so it would work with Snapdragon 8.2.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Getupthere

Regular
As was said yesterday these competitors may become customers or we may even be in discussion with them??
I think its pretty clear its Jetson, Lohii and True North
It could well be that the competition may well be our partners or future customers however if you are presenting information for new investors then it’s not a good look saying that your technology is better then competitors when you won’t even name the competition.

Better not have the comparision in the first place.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

cassip

Regular
Yesterday I read about "catastropic forgetting" of neural networks. Does anybody know if/how Akida deals with this?

see, for example, here:

"Hebbain Learning based orthogonal projection for continual learning of spiking neural networks" (19.2.24)
https://arxiv.org/abs/2402.11984

and:
"Overcoming catastrophic forgetting in neural networks" (2016)

"A brain-inspired algorithm that mitigates catastrophic forgetting of artificial and spiking neural networks with low computational cost" (2023)

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Perhaps

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Love
  • Fire

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Was finally watching the presso and my word....if you listen to it backwards it reveals the NDA partners :ROFLMAO:
Hi Fmf , do you have the link for todays preso? I watched it live and haven’t been able to find the link since to watch it again.
thanks.

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yesterday I read about "catastropic forgetting" of neural networks. Does anybody know if/how Akida deals with this?

see, for example, here:

"Hebbain Learning based orthogonal projection for continual learning of spiking neural networks" (19.2.24)
https://arxiv.org/abs/2402.11984

and:
"Overcoming catastrophic forgetting in neural networks" (2016)

"A brain-inspired algorithm that mitigates catastrophic forgetting of artificial and spiking neural networks with low computational cost" (2023)
Off the top of my head, I think that amnesia only occurs with back propagation ML, which Akida does not do. Akida adjusts the last layer only during ML.

• Love
  • Fire
Germany is down 24 % at present
Back to where we were a month ago.
Time to buy more shares again.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Perhaps

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if I'm still barking up the wrong tree FMF but there may be some more relevant info on Page(s) 8-11??
Regards
https://brainchip.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/BrainChip_Benchmarking-Edge-AI-Inference-1.pdf
I see where you're coming from but those are from MCU performances in key areas against Akida ie keyword spotting.

The MCUs used are publicly available results as noted in the presso and are for tiny/ml.

If it was that they considered the Jetson nano a competitor in the other table then why not list it as they have listed it in the tiny/ml comparisons that we would essentially be competing against.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
I'd love to but but......
1000013662.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

7für7

Regular
1709033101046.gif

Soon all short sellers…..

COVER COVER COVER FUUUUU…..

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Hi Fmf , do you have the link for todays preso? I watched it live and haven’t been able to find the link since to watch it again.
thanks.
Sorry T but no.

I was having some fun for those of us old enough to remember vinyl and the conspiracy theories way back about playing them backwards for hidden or sublimal messages.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

The Pope

Regular
This may cheer up some on TSE
Rob likes this one post on linkedin

[BREAKING] Just in from MWC 📣 Prophesee's Metavision® image deblur solution for smartphones is now production-ready, seamlessly optimized for Qualcomm's #Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Mobile Platform.

🤳 Prophesee’s event-based Metavision sensors and AI now bring motion blur cancellation and overall image quality to unprecedented levels, especially in the most challenging scenarios faced by conventional frame-based RGB sensors, fast-moving and low-light scenes.

🙌 Welcome to a new world of crystal-clear, emotion-filled moments. All brought to life from a smartphone, shot with Metavision.

Join us on a journey of art and technology with two acclaimed Paris Opera ballet dancers as we push the boundaries of mobile photography 👉 https://bit.ly/3UUrFWn

#metavision #eventbased #deblur #mobilephotography #eventsensor #evs #neuromorphic #eventcamera

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
The following is a link to a presentation containing a Brainchip created Competitive Analysis Chart at page 13.

You will note beyond Intel and IBM that Google Coral and Deep Learning Accelerators from Nvidia and others are listed and compared to AKIDA which ticks all the boxes.

Today we are told the competitors names are not included basically for politeness sake.

Until today Brainchip has seen no reason to be so polite about Google, Nvidia & others when listing competitors failings compared to AKIDA technology.

What has changed???

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 67 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Love
  • Haha
Top Bottom