BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I have just been communing with the muse about Rain AI's patented analog random nanowire neuron.

US10430493B1 Systems and methods for efficient matrix multiplication 20180405

1707184497930.png
1707184525135.png

[0056] FIG. 3 illustrates a diagram of a sparse vector-matrix multiplication (SVMM) engine 22 . The SVMM engine 22 includes a silicon substrate 24 , control circuitry within a circuit layer 26 , for example, a complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) layer, a grid of electrodes 28 and a randomly formed mesh 30 of coaxial nanowires 10 deposited on top of the grid 28 . Mesh 30 is placed above or formed on top of the electrode grid 28 , providing physical contact between the mesh 30 and the top of electrode grid 28 . Alternatively, the electrodes of the grid 28 can be grown through the mesh 30 as pillars of metal. The coaxial nanowires 10 deposited randomly on top of the electrodes of the grid 28 can provide electrical connections between the electrodes that they contact. Consequently, the coaxial nanowires 10 sparsely connect the electrodes of the grid 28 . The strength of the electrical connections between the electrodes can be modulated based on increasing or decreasing the resistances of the coaxial nanowires 10.
[0059] In various applications, the resistances formed at the intersection of the electrodes of the grid 28 and the mesh 30 can be adjusted by tuning or fitting to known sets of input/output pairs until a useful matrix of conductances is formed.*

This is similar to sculpting, where you start with a big rock and chip away all the bits that don't look like a naked lady.

The nanowires have conductive offshoots connecting the insulated wire with the external electrodes.

The inventor apparently was trying to emulate the structure of the human brain more closely than the standard analog neuron, but I think he confused complexity with randomness. The human brain's interconnexion of neurons and synapses is indeed complex, but it is not random. It is arranged in accordance with DNA code and the synaptic connexions, leaving aside the original pre-wired connexions, are formed in response to external data inputs from eyes, ears, nose, tongue ...

Given that the human brain can memorize information virtually instantaneously, and given that it would not be possible for new synapses to grow and connect neurons in such a short time, a potential explanation is that the neurons are densely interconnected by a network of dormant synapse which are activated when new information is added to memory.

So each neuron has many more synaptic inputs than those actively involved in memory.

The next question is whether a neuron cn be involved in the memory of more than one item. I would guess that neurons can be involved in memorizing more than one item otherwise brain overload would be a real thing. That would mean that, to remember a first object, a first group of synapses of the neuron would need to be activated, and to remember a second object, a second group of synapses would need to be activated.

The synaptic weights (ON/OFF or 0.1 to 1.0?) could determine which synapses are involved in recognizing the input data spikes.

Well, the point is Rain sought to make sparse random neuronal interconnexions, whereas wetware is both organized and densely interconnected.

So, the analog system of the Rain patents, on which they raised millions, including a promise from Sam Altman, is a system which may not work.

Indeed, Rain now talks about a digital system which uses MACs.

https://rain.ai/approach
AI workloads possess extraordinary compute and memory demands, and they are often limited by legacy computer architectures. Rain AI is pioneering the Digital In-Memory Computing (D-IMC) paradigm to address these inefficiencies to refine AI processing, data movement and data storage.
Unlike traditional In-Memory Computing designs, Rain AI’s proprietary D-IMC cores are scalable to high-volume production and support training and inference. When combined with Rain AI's propriety quantization algorithms, the accelerator maintains FP32 accuracy

Reaping the benefits of high-accuracy, AI-focused numerics in hardware remains a core challenge in AI training and inference. Rain AI’s block brain floating point scheme ensures no accuracy loss compared to FP32. The numerical formats are co-designed at the circuit level with our D-IMC core, leveraging the immense performance gains of optimized 4-bit and 8-bit matrix multiplication. Our flexible approach ensures broad applicability across diverse networks, setting a new standard in AI efficiency

It looks like their special sauce is plain old catchup.

* [#### this technique is known in the industry as FITUMI "fake-it-til-you-make-it" ####]

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 47 users
I have just been communing with the muse about Rain AI's patented analog random nanowire neuron.

US10430493B1 Systems and methods for efficient matrix multiplication 20180405

View attachment 56010 View attachment 56011

[0056] FIG. 3 illustrates a diagram of a sparse vector-matrix multiplication (SVMM) engine 22 . The SVMM engine 22 includes a silicon substrate 24 , control circuitry within a circuit layer 26 , for example, a complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) layer, a grid of electrodes 28 and a randomly formed mesh 30 of coaxial nanowires 10 deposited on top of the grid 28 . Mesh 30 is placed above or formed on top of the electrode grid 28 , providing physical contact between the mesh 30 and the top of electrode grid 28 . Alternatively, the electrodes of the grid 28 can be grown through the mesh 30 as pillars of metal. The coaxial nanowires 10 deposited randomly on top of the electrodes of the grid 28 can provide electrical connections between the electrodes that they contact. Consequently, the coaxial nanowires 10 sparsely connect the electrodes of the grid 28 . The strength of the electrical connections between the electrodes can be modulated based on increasing or decreasing the resistances of the coaxial nanowires 10.
[0059] In various applications, the resistances formed at the intersection of the electrodes of the grid 28 and the mesh 30 can be adjusted by tuning or fitting to known sets of input/output pairs until a useful matrix of conductances is formed.*

This is similar to sculpting, where you start with a big rock and chip away all the bits that don't look like a naked lady.

The nanowires have conductive offshoots connecting the insulated wire with the external electrodes.

The inventor apparently was trying to emulate the structure of the human brain more closely that the standard analog neuron, but I think he confused complexity with randomness. The human brain's interconnexion of neurons and synapses is indeed complex, but it is not random. It is arranged in accordance with DNA code and the synaptic connexions, leaving aside the original pre-wired connexions, are formed in response to external data inputs from eyes, ears, nose, tongue ...

Given that the human brain can memorize information virtually instantaneously, and given that it would not be possible for new synapses to grow and connect neurons in such a short time, a potential explanation is that the neurons are densely interconnected by a network of dormant synapse which are activated when new information is added to memory.

So each neuron has many more synaptic inputs than those actively involved in memory.

The next question is whether a neuron cn be involved in the memory of more than one item. I would guess that neurons can be involved in memorizing more than one item otherwise brain overload would be a real thing. That would mean that, to remember a first object, a first group of synapses of the neuron would need to be activated, and to remember a second object, a second group of synapses would need to be activated.

The synaptic weights (ON/OFF or 0.1 to 1.0?) could determine which synapses are involved in recognizing the input data spikes.

Well, the point is Rain sought to make sparse random neuronal interconnexions, whereas wetware is both organized and densely interconnected.

So, the analog system of the Rain patents, on which they raised millions, including a promise from Sam Altman, is a system which may not work.

Indeed, Rain now talks about a digital system which uses MACs.

https://rain.ai/approach
AI workloads possess extraordinary compute and memory demands, and they are often limited by legacy computer architectures. Rain AI is pioneering the Digital In-Memory Computing (D-IMC) paradigm to address these inefficiencies to refine AI processing, data movement and data storage.
Unlike traditional In-Memory Computing designs, Rain AI’s proprietary D-IMC cores are scalable to high-volume production and support training and inference. When combined with Rain AI's propriety quantization algorithms, the accelerator maintains FP32 accuracy

Reaping the benefits of high-accuracy, AI-focused numerics in hardware remains a core challenge in AI training and inference. Rain AI’s block brain floating point scheme ensures no accuracy loss compared to FP32. The numerical formats are co-designed at the circuit level with our D-IMC core, leveraging the immense performance gains of optimized 4-bit and 8-bit matrix multiplication. Our flexible approach ensures broad applicability across diverse networks, setting a new standard in AI efficiency

It looks like their special sauce is plain old catchup.

* [#### this technique is known in the industry as FITUMI "fake-it-til-you-make-it" ####]
Hi Diogenese

Thanks.

I watched their first presentation and thought he looked shifty and was speaking in riddles unlike Peter van der Made, Anil Mankar and others.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

Reactions: 13 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
19c....

Let the fomo begin

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Reactions: 1 users

Colorado23

Regular
Morning Chippers ,

Ground crew have given the green light....
I'm expecting something today..... not sure what , but expecting nonetheless.

Regards,
Esq.

Can you call this everyday esqy. It's a beautiful thing.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Hi All
What would be beautiful would be when Brainchip receive the please explain from the ASX they answer saying

“No other than the demonstrations at CES 2024 with our partners Infineon, OnSemi and Microchip as well as the EDGX partnership with ESA and the press releases about MyWai, VVDN Edge Box and Unigen AKIDA Cupcake Edge Server.”😇😇😇

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 94 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Thinking shes about to go stratospheric shortly....

oxygen masks on all , drinks tables up.
Why don't fighter pilots pass out from G-force? - Quora
Esq.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Fenris78

Regular
Burn shorters f@#ken burn!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Got only 1/2 my ordered filled at 0.165 better than a kick in the balls I guess and I’m guessing someone is buying on FOMO on the next quarterly out this month.

1707190862684.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire

Motty

Hey everyone, well what a great little pop we are seeing. Not sure if this will continue (feels like it will). I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for sharing their research on here. Such a selfless giving of your time and despite some people persistently ragging you out with mostly negative unsubstantiated BS, you continue sharing. So sincerely, thank-you all very much and I wish you all and your loved ones health and happiness going forward. Cheers MOTTY.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 70 users
Took a sucker punch and brought the rest at 0.19 average buy price now 0.299 and only 25k to go to reach my target of 200k

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hey everyone, well what a great little pop we are seeing. Not sure if this will continue (feels like it will). I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for sharing their research on here. Such a selfless giving of your time and despite some people persistently ragging you out with mostly negative unsubstantiated BS, you continue sharing. So sincerely, thank-you all very much and I wish you all and your loved ones health and happiness going forward. Cheers MOTTY.
Great to hear from you Motty...Hope all is well mate..

Cheers 🍻

Reactions: 6 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Will we hit 20c??

1707191574634.png

• Haha
  • Love
Top Bottom