BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20

The combination of technology leadership, custom silicon designs, full-stack AI optimization and ecosystem enablement sets Qualcomm Technologies apart to drive the development and adoption of on-device generative AI. Qualcomm Technologies is enabling on-device generative AI at scale.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

CHIPS

Regular
Maybe you get this when picking up your entrance card. It would be a strange coincidence that both are wearing the Sony band.

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
@JoMo68 the circles around Brainchip and Talga are getting tighter. What do my eyes spot - Lulea. Talga works with that university 😅

To the others, Lulea has perhaps 45,000 inhabitants. The European Space Centre is located near Kiruna in the far north. There is also a very large data centre in Lulea. And of course -> Talga 😊
@JoMo68
It's not total phantasy.
Perhaps one day we will not only have them both in a MB via ACC, but also in space.
If you have no dreams... 😉

Talga is the latest company to join the AROSE group, a Western Australian-based consortium developing remote and robotic operations for use in space.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Frangipani

Regular
ESA for those that might not know is the European Space Agency.

This is significant lest there be any doubt circulated as to whether the benefits of using AKD1000 has filtered through from EDGX to those in charge in the ESA.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

Hi Fact Finder,

what makes you so sure it wasn’t the other way round, i.e., one of the EDGX co-founders (a company founded in 2023) found out from someone at ESA about the benefits of using Akida?

After all, our guy in Germany, Alf Kuchenbuch, stated in an October 2023 LinkedIn comment that ESA microelectronics and data handling engineer Laurent Hili told him, his first contact with Brainchip had been at an AI conference in Santa Clara back in 2019 or 2020!

Which means we can safely assume the latest possible date would have been the 4th Annual Global Artificial Intelligence Conference Santa Clara 2020 from January 21 - 23, 2020, as the then unfolding COVID pandemic did not allow for any in-person conferences for many months to come, plus the closure of the US borders would have made any attendance by EU citizens not residing in the US impossible. Which in turn means ESA has known about Akida for at least four years, possibly even five years, although knowing about it obviously doesn’t equate to testing it…

Akida was also mentioned several times alongside other neuromorphic processors (albeit only Loihi and BrainScaleS 2 were discussed in more detail) in an arXiv preprint published by ESA researchers on December 17, 2022 titled Neuromorphic Computing and Sensing in Space (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2212.05236.pdf), which also happens to reveal that ESA engineers had been considering neuromorphic solutions since 2010, so they surely would have observed the neuromorphic landscape closely all these years.

“Early work [10, 11] performed in 2010 at the Advanced Concepts Team (ACT) suggested considering a neuromorphic approach for onboard spacecraft applications.”

Whether / When ESA got their hands on AKD1000, I obviously don’t know.

D64BB5D1-8E8F-4DBB-8BFC-278F04226442.jpeg

EF99B7C9-EB7F-4D21-B5B5-2DBA152FEB04.jpeg

16bf9c0f-3079-4e4f-a282-822e0f045a42-jpeg.55719

So let’s say Laurent Hili’s first contact with Brainchip was at said January 2020 Santa Clara AI Conference. At that time, according to their LinkedIn profiles, two of the EDGX core trio were still attending university, pursuing their B.Sc. (Wouter Benoot) resp. M.Sc. (João Matias), so it’s rather unlikely that they would have come in contact with Akida then.

EDGX CEO Nick Destrycker, however, could have learnt about Akida around the same time or even earlier than Laurent Hili. I personally hadn’t been aware of the exact nature of his previous start-up until now: Quite the visionary, he had already seen huge potential in Edge AI back in 2019, when he co-founded and became the CEO of Edgise, which was located in the immediate vicinity of his alma mater KU Leuven and two of his former employers: imec (the nanoelectronics and digital technologies R&D hub that also has collaborations with KU Leuven) and ICsense.

It seems Edgise is now defunct resp. morphed into EDGX (www.Edgise.be now links to www.EDGX.space) with a different co-founder and moved to Ghent, another Belgian city.

I found an interesting article published on April 22, 2022 on Edgise’s evolution from a start-up dabbling in general Edge AI to focussing on space tech:

"Initially, we focused on technology, and not on a market. Because we didn't have a market segment, we were all over the place," laughs Destrycker. "We were doing projects around smart cities, healthcare and food at the time. But we always had a limited impact. In the mid-2020s [sic! I checked the Dutch original of that article, which says midden 2020, so this is obviously a translation error and should be in mid-2020] however, we came into contact with space companies. That's how the ball got rolling, and we saw that our technology could have a big impact there. We entered into a collaboration with ESA, the European Space Agency. That went so well that we then made the confident decision to go full steam ahead with space exploration."

So, Edgise went from being a general edge computing start-up, to one with a strong focus on space. Was that pivot difficult? "It was very gradual," Destrycker answers. "We got in touch with a company that needed edge AI on a satellite. That's how we developed a demo, and the ball got rolling. We visited ESA together, and our first full-fledged space project saw the light of day
."

7B1B5A6E-15BD-4B9E-AA4B-C00520293A64.jpeg

C1EE80B1-44B9-48F8-AF0C-EDC6B02266A6.jpeg

In mid 2022, Edgise was selected to participate in the EU-funded Project ENLIGHTEN (European Initiative for Low cost, Innovative & Green High Thrust Engine” (November 1, 2022 - October 31, 2025), coordinated by ArianeGroup, the French aerospace company developing its next-generation two stage Ariane 6 launch vehicle - its launch at the Europe’s Spaceport in Kourou / French Guiana is planned for mid-2024.

Fun fact: ArianeGroup was formerly known as Airbus Safran Launchers, a joint venture between Airbus and Safran, and we know for a fact that Brainchip collaborated with one of Safran’s subsidiaries, Safran Electrical & Power, in 2017.

50B9075D-E073-4E3D-9923-BECDB9909854.jpeg

Of course, I have no idea at what point in time Nick Destrycker stumbled upon Akida - even before he co-founded Edgise or at a later stage - but I’d deem it possible that he actually learnt about Brainchip’s tech through someone at ESA, not the other way round.

A while ago, I shared my interpretation of what Bernd Westhoff from Renesas could have meant by saying (in a video from Embedded World 2023) that it was the very first time any vendor “on Earth” had launched the first Arm Cortex-M85 + AI combo implementation on silicon.

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-397848

Maybe it wasn’t NASA after all, but ESA instead that gave Akida that (unconfirmed) ride into space?! Just my wild speculation, no evidence whatsoever…

Attachments

• 16BF9C0F-3079-4E4F-A282-822E0F045A42.jpeg
    16BF9C0F-3079-4E4F-A282-822E0F045A42.jpeg
    482.7 KB · Views: 946
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Tuliptrader

Regular
Yes, we can't forget about them. It would be a pretty big deal if they are successful.

SBIR/STTR 11 Agencies, 1 Vision: Seed the Future

MENTAT​

Award Information
Agency:Department of Defense
Branch:Navy
Contract:N68335-22-C-0158
Agency Tracking Number:N202-099-1097
Amount:$1,107,499.00
Phase:phase II
Program:SBIR
Solicitation Topic Code:N202-099
Solicitation Number:20.2
Timeline
Solicitation Year:2020
Award Year:2022
Award Start Date (Proposal Award Date):2021-12-16
Award End Date (Contract End Date):2024-02-24
Small Business Information
BLUE RIDGE ENVISIONEERING, INC.
5180 Parkstone Dr. Suite 200
Chantilly, VA 20151-1111
United States
DUNS:616396953
HUBZone Owned:No
Woman Owned:No
Socially and Economically Disadvantaged:No
Principal Investigator
Name: Andrew Krause
Phone: (571) 349-0900
Email: andrew@br-envision.com
Business Contact
Name: Edward Zimmer
Phone: (703) 927-0450
Email: ned@br-envision.com
Research Institution
N/A
Abstract
Deep Neural Networks (DNN) have become a critical component of tactical applications, assisting the warfighter in interpreting and making decisions from vast and disparate sources of data. Whether image, signal or text data, remotely sensed or scraped from the web, cooperatively collected or intercepted, DNNs are the go-to tool for rapid processing of this information to extract relevant features and enable the automated execution of downstream applications. Deployment of DNNs in data centers, ground stations and other locations with extensive power infrastructure has become commonplace but at the edge, where the tactical user operates, is very difficult. Secure, reliable, high bandwidth communications are a constrained resource for tactical applications which limits the ability to routed data collected at the edge back to a centralized processing location. Data must therefore be processed in real-time at the point of ingest which has its own challenges as almost all DNNs are developed to run on power hungry GPUs at wattages exceeding the practical capacity of solar power sources typically available at the edge. So what then is the future of advanced AI for the tactical end user where power and communications are in limited supply. Neuromorphic processors may provide the answer. Blue Ridge Envisioneering, Inc. (BRE) proposes the development of a systematic and methodical approach to deploying Deep Neural Network (DNN) architectures on neuromorphic hardware and evaluating their performance relative to a traditional GPU-based deployment. BRE will develop and document a process for benchmarking a DNN’ s performance on a standard GPU, converting it to run on commercially available neuromorphic hardware, training and evaluating model accuracy for a range of available bit quantizations, characterizing the trade between power consumption and the various bit quantizations, and characterizing the trade between throughput/latency and the various bit quantizations. This process will be demonstrated on a Deep Convolutional Neural Network trained to classify Electronic Warfare (EW) emitters in data collected by AFRL in 2011. The BrainChip Akida Event Domain Neural Processor development environment will be utilized for demonstration as it provides a simulated execution environment for running converted models under the discrete, low quantization constraints of neuromorphic hardware. In the option effort we pursue direct Spiking Neural Network (SNN) implementation and compare performance on the Akida hardware, and potentially other vendor’s hardware as well. We demonstrate the capability operating on real hardware in a relevant environment by conducting a data collection and demonstration activity at a U.S. test range with relevant EW emitters.

TT

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

ceej

Morning Pom down under,

Good to watch again , probably nothing but towards the end I note that Todd & the interviewer are both wearing , what I presume are , name tags around their necks ...... with. SONY emblazond on the straps.

Maybe thay both just came back from the SONY stand and forgot to take their tags off ....... or .....

Regards,
Esq.
In all likelihood Sony are the name tag sponsor. They pay a fee to have naming rights on the lanyards and or the strap holding them. Everyone must have one as it enables entry to sessions and the exhibition hall(S). Normal fare for these type of events. The organisers sell off naming rights to everything they can.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Onsemi posted today:
Autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) are becoming commonplace across a variety of industries with onsemi technology at the core of many of these innovations.

onsemi AMR expert Alessandro Maggioni appeared on EE Journal's Chalk Talk show to discuss the details, functions and benefits of these marvelous machines along with their five main subsystems.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Damo4

Regular
Just a Brainchip repost

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Ronit Gabizon
Ronit Gabizon
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronit-g...ofile:ACoAAABV-YEBMR-nTnwilbjST5zU2r0bGHhY1lI
The Neuromorphic Revolution: Redefining AI and Problem-Solving!

Hey LinkedIn community! Brace yourselves for the neuromorphic revolution, a cutting-edge field reshaping how we approach technology and artificial intelligence (AI).

What's Neuromorphic Computing?
Think computers mirroring the human brain! This groundbreaking technology uses neural networks like our own, ditching traditional binary logic for a more efficient and human-like approach to processing information.

Innovation Sparks:
Parallel Processing Powerhouse: Neuromorphic chips handle multiple tasks simultaneously, boasting speed 1000x faster than conventional CPUs! (Source: IBM Research)
Energy Efficiency Champion: Inspired by the brain's remarkable efficiency, these systems consume significantly less power, making them ideal for edge computing.
Adaptability for Real-World Challenges: Continuous learning and pattern recognition are their forte, tackling complex tasks like anomaly detection in manufacturing or fraud detection in finance. ️

Market on the Rise:
The world is embracing neuromorphic computing! The global market is projected to reach a staggering USD 20.27 billion by 2030, growing at a whopping 21.2%. Buckle up for a transformative shift across various industries. (Source: Grand View Research)

Frontiers of Implementation:

The possibilities are electrifying:
Edge Computing on the Go: Low power consumption makes these chips perfect for edge devices, enabling real-time processing and decision-making in autonomous vehicles and smart cities. ️
Robots with a Brighter Brain: Enhanced intelligence empowers robots to navigate dynamic environments and interact more naturally with humans.
Finance Reimagined: Imagine AI-powered fraud detection that learns and adapts in real-time, or algorithmic trading strategies fueled by neuromorphic computing for faster, more accurate predictions.

Why I'm Passionate:
As a Business Development and Sales professional, I'm buzzing with excitement! This technology has the power to redefine how we tackle complex problems and leverage AI applications. I'm eager to contribute my skills and expertise to help companies, adopt this transformative technology and stay ahead of the curve!

Let's keep the conversation flowing! Share your thoughts on the future of neuromorphic computing and its potential impact on your industry.

#neuromorphiccomputing #AI #futureoftech #nvidia #Intel #IBM #Microsoft #Google #BrainChip #NXP #CerebrasSystems #InBrainNeuroelectronics #NervanaSystems #SyntiantCorp #Automotive #Healthcare #Finance #fintech #Manufacturing #Defense #stanforduniversity #MIT #CIT

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

skutza

Regular
Looks eerily similar to BRN demos? Zinn Labs are our partners right?

1706821675216.png

Reactions: 8 users

rgupta

Regular

Reactions: 1 users

rgupta

Regular
A nice podcast worth listening.
Gives you an idea how the tech thinks and where brainchilp can be a fit.

Reactions: 3 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Reactions: 3 users

MrRomper

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers ,

BY GAD ........ some savvy seller has a parcel for sale.... 80,000 units @ $5.20 each.

Crazy fool .... as i stated a while ago.. MY present fair price sits at $5.21 AU ....... And might add still would not sell any once this price IS reached ....then surpassed.

SHOW ME THE DIVIES , FULLY FRANKED THANKYOU.

Regards ,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 53 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
🤔

Screenshot_20240202_084930_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Galaxycar

Regular
My guess is and I will get stupid comments share price will stay between $0.16 to 0.175 all they way up to the AGM, Someone behind the manipulation wants us that pissed off with management that it will make their end goal a shoe in, besides my negativity I have been topping up as come AGM I personally think the someone will show their hand shortly after then the fun and games will start.

• Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

Frangipani

Regular
Our friends at Carnegie Melon are hard at work:

Can we build Cortical Columns Computing Systems (C3S) that possess brain-like capabilities as well as brain-like efficiency?

This chapter presents ongoing research in the Neuromorphic Computer Architecture Lab (NCAL) at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) focusing on addressing this question. Our initial findings indicate that designing truly intelligent and extremely energy-efficient C3S-based sensory processing units, using off-the-shelf digital CMOS technology and tools, is quite feasible and very promising, and certainly warrants further research exploration.

View attachment 31168
STDP seems to be the best way forward. We have our fingers firmly around the AI bottleneck...

While I can confidently tell a cortical from a Corinthian column (as well as Carnegie Mellon from Carnegie Hall), I’m afraid that’s pretty much all I’d be able to assist with regarding the following enquiry.

Anyone keen to reply to this inquisitive seeker of answers?

As I bet the senior member of his team doesn’t happen to be PVDM…😉

68C3DD1C-A4D8-4C1B-BE83-962ADDAE8199.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom