Regular
Don’t mind me I’m just over here having smoko and daydreaming 😶‍🌫️

Top 5 Partners MC (US dollars)

Intel - 205 Billion
Arm - 79 Billion
Mercedes Benz - 69 Billion
Microchip - 49 Billion
OnSemi- 32 Billion

Total - almost half a trillion green backs 💴, well 434 Billion…..

Brainchip - 207 Million

1% of our top 5 partners combined - 4.34 billion US dollars.

Geez it would be nice if we were worth just 1% of our combined top 5 partners MC one day…..

Imagine if neuromorphic processors such as Akida were viewed as the future of processing at the edge…

If that eventuates would it be greedy to hope for 5% 😜

Anyways back to work.

Euks

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users
Really, I found it very easy to follow. Perhaps this stock isn't for you.
Hi Rskiff
That is the real problem isn’t it.

Those who do not have a clue that they are not the target audience of a presentation being given by a techie to a techie at a trade show where they are selling to highly educated employees of OEM’s just don’t get it.

Todd Vierra had a long successful career at ARM selling ARM IP to this same target audience.

The problem is he never once demonstrated the magic vegetable peeler at the Royal Easter Show to an enthralled crowd of retail customers.

On top of which he does not speak fast enough or with an East Ender Cockney accent to get that gig so he had to go with a sales area that matched his University degree and area of technical interest.

After all these years and hundreds of hours of research l also understood what AKIDA can do with OnSemi’s TOF sensor and why you would choose it just like OnSemi for intelligent airbag deployment.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

jtardif999

Regular
We will not have to wait that long for Akida 1.0/2.0 to be seen in the wild, what Peter envisions is the GI equal to a human at level 10.0.

As of today 2.0 is the Ape! somewhat intelligent but needs a lot of training, 10.0 should train itself (i hope)...I don't think us humans are ready for completely GI AI at moment..IMO
View attachment 54963
Actually I don’t think it needs that much training, in some use cases it may not need training at all - just a bit of configuration and an input stream to learn from.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Damo4

Regular
Hi Rskiff

Those who do not have a clue that they are not the target audience of a presentation being given by a techie to a techie at a trade show where they are selling to highly educated employees of OEM’s just don’t get it.

Todd Vierra had a long successful career at ARM selling ARM IP to this same target audience.

The problem is he never once demonstrated the magic vegetable peeler at the Royal Easter Show to an enthralled crowd of retail customers.

On top of which he does not speak fast enough or with an East Ender Cockney accent to get that gig so he had to go with a sales area that matched his University degree and area of technical interest.

After all these years and hundreds of hours of research l also understood what AKIDA can do with OnSemi’s TOF sensor and why you would choose it just like OnSemi for intelligent airbag deployment.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Yep, couldn't agree more.
The language Todd uses is completely acceptable for the conversations he's having with Semiconductor/Technology reps.
The content of the demo, if odd at all, is down to the bloke interviewing him.

OnSemi understand Todd; Renesas, Megachips, VVDN understand Todd. That's all that matters.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
CES interview with Rob's twin brother Ron...

The irony of when the interviewer appears to adjust their hearing aid mid interview and the look on Rob's face was not lost on me.

A must watch interview! Brainchip is still working with Mercedes and we will be in their in cabin system at some stage by the sounds of it!!! Exciting times!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

7für7

Regular
A must watch interview! Brainchip is still working with Mercedes and we will be in their in cabin system at some stage by the sounds of it!!! Exciting times!
Would be nice but I don’t give too much credit on Benz. We have other partners with more potential for mass production. Small devices which will be available to more people. For daily use and so on.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Apologies if posted already. There's a 13min vid worth watching in this post

Screenshot_20240123_122648_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Great to see the demo, and especially to hear about the airbag deployment theories.

Weird bloke interviewing Todd though lol
Is this 60mins in the dark NDA stuff?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hi Rskiff

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Most of the investor community feels the same way that they have no idea what Brainchip is trying to do

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Vote yes for remuneration at AGM.. Your BODs need an orderly non-disruptive process to get on with the job..

And for all those partners out there joining the Ecosystem, put your money where your mouth is and sign an IP deal with Brainchip..

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hi All
I am sure most here remember a podcast probably over 12 months ago which had amongst others Peter van der Made and towards the end he was asked about when AKIDA would reach Artificial General Intelligence. Peter in responding said that by 2030 AKIDA would reach his version of AGI. If I remember correctly he said it would be probably AKIDA 10.0 by then although he has spoken about this on other occasions as well so maybe mixing that up.

Rob Telson’s comment:

‘We have launched our second generation of our architecture, when you look at when truly intelligent devices will be integrated into consumer based products, we are still 3 to 7 years years out, to see really really intelligent devices that have a level of accuracy that the devices are thinking ahead of us or thinking at the same level that a human does’

By sheer coincidence Rob Telson’s comment aligns with what Peter van der Made predicted. Amazing that.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
1705976989379.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I’d put some charts up, but most don’t really seem to contribute to that area on here and things get lost in the wilderness due to inactivity..

• Haha
Vote yes for remuneration at AGM.. Your BODs need an orderly non-disruptive process to get on with the job..

And for all those partners out there joining the Ecosystem, put your money where your mouth is and sign an IP deal with Brainchip..
1705977103247.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Would be nice but I don’t give too much credit on Benz. We have other partners with more potential for mass production. Small devices which will be available to more people. For daily use and so on.
While I agree that other partners may have more potential for mass production. The strength of the Mercedes Benz brand will put a rocket under the SP once things start moving. It will shine a light on our company and technology and create buyer demand within the stock market.

My hope is that the timing of this coincides with us starting to see other partners and customers delivering revenue within a similar time frame. It will be this revenue stream or more importantly growth in revenue qtr on qtr that will really provide the fuel for the SP to reach its full potential.
Mercedes will bring it front of mind for the investing market and the ongoing revenue from the ecosystem we are developing will smash it out of the park over the subsequent months and years.

At least that's my hope on how things play out and the reason I am invested.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
As much as I hate to our SP get smashed, but on a personal perspective I’d be more than happy for the price to stay at this until my super clears shortly.

1705977980937.gif

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

7für7

Regular
While I agree that other partners may have more potential for mass production. The strength of the Mercedes Benz brand will put a rocket under the SP once things start moving. It will shine a light on our company and technology and create buyer demand within the stock market.

My hope is that the timing of this coincides with us starting to see other partners and customers delivering revenue within a similar time frame. It will be this revenue stream or more importantly growth in revenue qtr on qtr that will really provide the fuel for the SP to reach its full potential.
Mercedes will bring it front of mind for the investing market and the ongoing revenue from the ecosystem we are developing will smash it out of the park over the subsequent months and years.

At least that's my hope on how things play out and the reason I am invested.
It’s good to hope, but as I said, better don’t count on Mercedes, otherwise you will be disappointed. I think a realistic use of akida in the Benz cars will start around the 2026.. until then, my focus will be the other partners just my opinion! Mercedes will for now decide to use already proven technology… I don’t think they will risk an image damage and\or huge recall campaign

Reactions: 4 users
It’s good to hope, but as I said, better don’t count on Mercedes, otherwise you will be disappointed. I think a realistic use of akida in the Benz cars will start around the 2026.. until then, my focus will be the other partners just my opinion! Mercedes will for now decide to use already proven technology… I don’t think they will risk an image damage and\or huge recall campaign
1705979531912.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
I would take that with a grain of salt. "Might not be" coming from a university professor who oversees university projects funded by Intel.

The entire Open Neuromorphic community are super pro Loihi because it's Intel and are always on the look out for positions or funding from the big companies. The founder recently joined Qualcomm for example.

Keep listening past your cherry picked 32 minute section through to around the 40 minute mark. Glowing comments around akida, the ease of use, quick set up to convert CNN to SNN using MetaTF, boiler plate using edge impulse and the exceptional results.

There's a section in there where he mentioned they came second place in the hackathon and the part that the judges particularly liked was the fact they presented a $3,500 option as well as a $100 option. They go on to agree akida can be implemented at a significantly reduced price point to other technologies.

They also say results on Akida are "orders of magnitude better" when comparing to CPU platforms and there's also a question from one of the listeners around the fact akida is digital so (paraphrasing heavily here) is there any point in having asynchronous chips or analog anymore. I couldn't fully understand the discussion potentially due to a technical gap in my knowledge but also their English. Seemed to me they were discussing whether akida would make some chips redundant (why bother with them type attitude when akida is digital and power consumption results are so exceptional).

The presenter also mentions they didn't have accuracy improvements on existing technology but they also didn't spend time adjusting the code and the dataset so putting accuracy aside the power consumption results are very strong arguments for akida technology.

Strongly recommend people give this video a listen as it is a good indication of feedback from someone in the wild implementing akida and then discussing their findings.

FWIW I'm only about 40 minutes in so there could be more good or bad feedback I have not yet heard.
Hi Sera2g
Great summary. I noticed that to the right was the questions being asked by the audience and I was particularly taken by this series of questions by Gregor Lenz a prolific researcher who does a lot of stuff for NASA and Intel/Loihi. I have reproduced the questions but just his questions are gold. The answers are white gold but you will have to listen:

Gregor LenzWas this deployed to Akida? In MetaTF, you train conventional, non-spiking networks, and then convert post-training, is that correct?

ZrcP0cR6DY1Kysemt5Aht0r-cOHkimw9Pw06SCWdWA9zHx_3M1u9Hqi0qPPSpZ58YigH6g12Nw=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Justin R

On a RASPBERRY ??

ZrcP0cR6DY1Kysemt5Aht0r-cOHkimw9Pw06SCWdWA9zHx_3M1u9Hqi0qPPSpZ58YigH6g12Nw=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Justin R

face-blue-wide-eyes
face-blue-wide-eyes

qbbNBLKI7Zr4WLSkzoUW2prkouNUllcNydCQwiOZHvFtjWjA4ihFGl7ZF7f_Ll94oLLsNYoY=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Open NeuromorphicThanks for joining everyone!!
hand-pink-waving
Please like
👍🏻
👍🏽
👍🏿
! It will help the video reach more people!

AIf8zZRwbrW89eLWJOaB5F23Vxk9rYABWb1LIxiRKVYP=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Gregor LenzWhats the input data like? Is it frames at fixed frequency or frames at fixed event count?

Gregor Lenzyou re saying 5W for Akida + Raspberry Pi, do you know how much power each board used?

AIf8zZSFmJ5vAQ9tZ35oBHx5nO2xymismim226yA_Q=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

bithighdoes spiking neural networks works only with event based cameras?

bithighprofessor anxie gave awesome lectures in THI

AIf8zZSoivYbDFx0XDUbHNMreWrZvC7rAzHtfiZX6g=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Wojciech Rogala
hand-pink-waving

Justin R

Hi @Wojciech Rogala

Gregor Lenz If a synchronous edge chip that exploits sparsity like Akida burns just 5mW, is there a point of event-based, asynchronous systems?

bithighdo you think writing custom IP cores in HDL worths the effort for implementing custom snn?

AIf8zZRaHfRDB-MZrRlKPPK9kpbaXlYux0gQqAO8O7mA=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

zanz Use cases are huge!

I have highlighted the gold question which is answered by the presenter and the last response by 'znanz' is in line with the gentleman who appeared on the podcasts with Nandan from Infineon and Edge Impulse.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire

7für7

Regular
Top Bottom