BRN Discussion Ongoing

Earlyrelease

Regular
I brought one of these type of locks maybe 2 years ago from Alibaba and still not got round to getting it installed

PDU
Did you buy a facial recognition version. The reason I ask is we have all seen the image detection at edge Akida can do with no connectivity. So was wondering if this was not tethered to a data device if it could be Akida inside. If on the other hand you need to connect via wifi and have your home computer or phone establish the facial metrics and the door needs to check back each time then it’s just old tech.

Reactions: 1 users

davidfitz

Regular
Hmmm?

PR Newswire
Tue, January 9, 2024 at 1:00 AM GMT+8·2 min read

- KIST to introduce 9 innovative, AI-related technologies in line with the trends of CES.
- AI smart farm and plant growth management technology, robot system, neuromorpic processor technology that mimic s neurons and etc.

SEOUL, South Korea, Jan. 8, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- The Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST, Director Yoon Seok-jin) will participate in the world's largest consumer electronics and information technology event, the "Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2024" which will be held in the US starting on January 9th (Tue). KIST will showcase its self-developed innovative technologies in line with the trend of artificial intelligence rapidly spreading across various industries. The institute will introduce nine AI and robotics related technologies.

One of the technologies KIST will be exhibiting is the "3D Plant Scanning Robot Technology" which can precisely monitor the growth and health of plants. The technology is expected to increase productivity and be an essential technology for smart farms. Also, KIST has developed a "Technology for Measuring Physical Plant Growth and Controlling AI Greenhouses" where AI is used to monitor plant growth and control the greenhouse environment according to growth stages. The "Plant State-Based Optimal Cultivation Environment Determination and Integrated Nutrient Platform Technology" also determines the optimal cultivation environment based on the physiological state of plants.

Last year, KIST introduced what's called the "CollaBot," a robot system that automates environments like libraries with multiple robots. For example, mobile phones, entrances, bookshelves and chairs can be interconnected as robots and, when a user searches for a book's location with their mobile phone, the corresponding bookshelf emerges. As collaborative robot systems are becoming increasingly crucial in manufacturing, logistics, and service industries, KIST is planning to present various future applications of CollaBot.

KIST will also introduce the "Neuromorphic Processor Technology" which mimics brain neurons for learning autonomous driving, a technology that improves health management and smart home environment by analyzing user activities, a solar greenhouse technology that simultaneously increases food production and energy efficiency and a remote medical service technology developed by Ecen using a technology transferred from KIST.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hi All, I have looked everywhere for the article, but can no longer find it (2 days ago). @Quiltman posted an article on the new Concept CLA incorporating EQXX technology last year. I recently was reading an article, (I wish i had posted here) basically it said the CLA was going to be at the CES 2024 and was using a new operating system. The words used were that "it uses a spiking neural network were tasks are stored to save energy and then implemented at once", or something like this. It seems the article has been removed from the WWW? Interesting...... Can anyone else find it?

Hi skutza,

any chance this article I posted in August is what you are looking for?
It mentions the September 2023 Munich Motor Show rather than the upcoming CES 2024, but apart from that it sounds like a match.

10064C20-69FD-4FE5-94F0-AFBD22FFD148.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
A radical reinvention of the in-car audio experience called "MBUX Sound Drive."!!!!!!! Such a weird concept to think will.iI.am might know about Akida!

This really is music to my ears. No pun intended! 😝

This marries up very nicely with a statement from Mercedes (discussed previously - see below) which indicated they have been working on neuromorphic 'systems' plural with BrainChip. Perhaps one of the plurals was this new audio system. 🥳🥳🥳

And also, you have to wonder, Mercedes were concerned enough over energy efficiency with the Vision EQXX and now with the new CLA Class they've thrown in every extra energy guzzling gizmo apart from the kitchen sink (ie.ChatGPT, the new gaming system, the new MBUX Sound drive, the new virtual assistant, etc) into it.

I wonder how they manage to process all of this additional data yet all the while keeping power consumption to a minimum? Hehehe!!! 😝

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 6.04.24 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 6.08.24 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 6.19.40 pm.png

Extract 1
“Working with California-based artificial intelligence experts BrainChip, Mercedes-Benz engineers developed systems based on BrainChip’s Akida hardware and software,” Mercedes noted in a statement describing the Vision EQXX.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 6.16.22 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

manny100

Regular
HA! I'm sorry, but who on earth voluntarily pays subscription fees for such a silly magazine, knowing that it's a dumb publication? It's their own fault! Like seeing dogpoop in front of you, intentionally stepping in it, and then complaining that it stinks.
They save their good recs for the Subs that cost way bigger $$$'000's.
They don't waste their good recs on the chump change high churn subscriptions.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Edge Impulse has now 13 "Strategic Partners". They also list others under "Solution Partners" and "Community Partners". Strategic Partners in addition to Brainchip:

ALIF Semiconductors,
Arudino,
Infineon,
Nordic Semiconductor,
Polyn Technologies,
Renesas,
SAIC,
Seed Studio,
Silicon Labs,
Sony, Synaptics,
Syntiant.

Zach Shelby is really sharp. The more I listen/watch/learn, the positive impression just builds. Great thoughtful delivery on all his videos. 🎅

https://www.edgeimpulse.com/ecosystem-partners

View attachment 26294
In this podcast, they discuss 3rd party ip, possibly akida.....worth a listen

Lots of hot keywords in here

Screenshot_20240109_180318_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Oh look all you people mocking Mickle pickle and motley fool should really stop. They have excellent track record for stock picks and over 500 5 star reviews. Check the facts yourself.

View attachment 53777
I'm sure we could boost their number of reviews?

502 seems a little low 🤔..

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Would appear HPE including neuromorphic now in there research lab intern roles.

From about 4 days ago.

The Artificial Intelligence Research Lab within Hewlett Packard Labs focuses on researching and developing technologies, architectures, hardware, and software to create cutting edge solutions in key areas of Deep Learning and Machine Learning. This is a unique opportunity to work at a start-up pace within a big company. We are looking for an entrepreneurial mind-set, and a deep passion to take a ML problem and conduct research and come up with a solution with a fast turnaround time. You will have an opportunity to work with Machine Learning experts who have made multiple successful products and will get guidance and coaching in different areas including software engineering, hardware optimizations, data pipelining, and innovations from latest AI research to bring hardened Deep Learning solutions to the real world.

The Emerging Accelerators Team in the Artificial Intelligence Research Lab has openings for Research Associate interns who are pursuing a PhD degree with a background in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, or related fields. The researcher will investigate high-performance accelerators which combine CMOS and emerging ReRAM device technologies (or memristors) for computing applications including network security, machine learning, neuromorphic computing, finite automata, and other novel computational models. The work can span a range of activities including the design of prototype systems and/or integrated circuits; invention of new architectures, circuits, and/or devices to take advantage of physical hardware systems for acceleration of target computations; the operation of existing hardware platforms; and performance evaluations with competing systems.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

schuey

Regular
Gidday FL

First off, I have a sense of humour, accept it for what it is.

Our staff on the other hand will be ramping our company's technology, products and potential possibilities between 9-12 Jan, and in fact
throughout the year.

1. Obviously any poster can post up or down comments, I don't control the narrative, but like many on this site we offer opinions, I personally
have no objection to negative comments IF they are based on fact, not emotionally charged looking for an argument.

2. Lets just deal with the facts as CES plays out, this event isn't going to seal multi-million dollar deals in this environment, that could take a
number of years, sorry to lower your expectations, but in answering your question, excuses are only issued when a commitment hasn't been
fulfilled generally speaking, has the company "promised" something that I'm not aware of ?

3. Haven't you learnt anything over the years that you've held this stock ? There is currently NO guarantee that any revenue or IP Licenses will
be delivered in 2024, as you already know I personally chose January 2025 to review my own holding, I would like to see IP Licenses and revenue
start to commence during the next 4 quarters, as product cycles for some EAP's must be awfully close to maturing.

4. Is there a reason why major funds are increasing their holding in Brainchip stock ?
Brainchip isn't going away anytime soon, we have zero debt, solid funding, proven technology and NO CUSTOMERS according to you, while
I will concede I receive a few messages from posters privately from this forum who are frustrated with the lack of product, IP License deals and revenue, I do agree that the time frame has been a lot longer than many of us had initially envisaged, but through being educated by Antonio
and others within the industry we have hopefully learnt that 2/4 years appears to be "normal" from start to finish.

Finally, I'm comfortable holding at present, and see absolutely no change in my view...regards Tech (y)
Hey Tech.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but 18~24 months ago I'm sure you said 2024 is the year you expect things to happen. Maybe I'm mistaken....
Do love your comments on behalf of Brainchip.......
Just wanted to put in my 2 bob up ramp. CES aside which at the very least will further extend our tentacles into the "ecosystem", this year we WILL get some descent revenue. Big call I know but it is our year! Next year will be recapitulation, cementation and growth... our time is now!!!! lets go brainchip yeah! 🎉🎉🎉🚀🚀🚀😉😉😉
(Pure speculation)
MATE......PASS IT AROUND BROTHER......OPEN THE WINDOWS......Im with ya

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
PDU
Did you buy a facial recognition version. The reason I ask is we have all seen the image detection at edge Akida can do with no connectivity. So was wondering if this was not tethered to a data device if it could be Akida inside. If on the other hand you need to connect via wifi and have your home computer or phone establish the facial metrics and the door needs to check back each time then it’s just old tech.
Needed to be connected to my internet that’s all I know

Breaking news!!!
1704792457309.jpeg

IMO DYOR

• Haha
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
What I'm expecting at CES24:

VVDN edge box

TOF secure recognition, in-cabin safety

Anomaly detection/preventative maintenance industrial applications (Tata Elexi/Teksun)

Visual wake

Keyword/phrase

Microchip SAM V71 ultra board

nViso

numerous other use cases and partner demos

Educated guess or plagiarism?

(B)

BrainChip Takes Vegas to the Edge with ‘All Things AI’ at CES 2024 - BrainChip

Unfulfilled Christmas wishes:
MB;
Prophesee;
Valeo;
Renesas;
Megachips;
SiFive;
NASA/DoD ...

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Would appear HPE including neuromorphic now in there research lab intern roles.

From about 4 days ago.

The Artificial Intelligence Research Lab within Hewlett Packard Labs focuses on researching and developing technologies, architectures, hardware, and software to create cutting edge solutions in key areas of Deep Learning and Machine Learning. This is a unique opportunity to work at a start-up pace within a big company. We are looking for an entrepreneurial mind-set, and a deep passion to take a ML problem and conduct research and come up with a solution with a fast turnaround time. You will have an opportunity to work with Machine Learning experts who have made multiple successful products and will get guidance and coaching in different areas including software engineering, hardware optimizations, data pipelining, and innovations from latest AI research to bring hardened Deep Learning solutions to the real world.

The Emerging Accelerators Team in the Artificial Intelligence Research Lab has openings for Research Associate interns who are pursuing a PhD degree with a background in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, or related fields. The researcher will investigate high-performance accelerators which combine CMOS and emerging ReRAM device technologies (or memristors) for computing applications including network security, machine learning, neuromorphic computing, finite automata, and other novel computational models. The work can span a range of activities including the design of prototype systems and/or integrated circuits; invention of new architectures, circuits, and/or devices to take advantage of physical hardware systems for acceleration of target computations; the operation of existing hardware platforms; and performance evaluations with competing systems.
Hi Fmf,

Combining CMOS and ReRAM doesn't auger well ...

Reactions: 6 users

Frangipani

Regular
Unfortunately wrong logo and company.
The blurb it links to if you click on it notes Virpi Pennanen, CEO of NVISO Group and that is the Nviso group we are all aware of.
The Nviso.eu is a totally different company of which Virpi Pennanen is not CEO.

I have emailed JPR communications so hopefully that is the correct person to fix the error.

Funnily enough, this lady’s name just popped up in my Google search on Fortinet, a Silicon Valley-headquartered cybersecurity company with a global presence that develops and sells security solutions like firewalls, endpoint security and intrusion detection systems. They recently introduced Fortinet Advisor, their Generative AI Assistant. Reading a headline about that announcement is how I stumbled upon them.

No indication that we are involved, but certainly an intriguing second degree connection via the Australia-based CEO of NVISO Group Ltd (the company’s new name after restructuring), who left Fortinet less than a year ago and on very friendly terms, it seems, judging from her colleagues’ LinkedIn comments responding to her “Today is officially my last day with Fortinet” post.

Worth to keep an eye on…

(Odd though, that as Fortinet’s Sales Director for Southern Region in Australia Virpi Pennanen had been in charge of NT (!) and seemingly all of WA, not only its southern half?)

8E0B8C15-E291-4AE4-9FE3-8D8BCC00FEB7.jpeg

BC526CC1-4A1F-48DD-8F43-D939EAFE22A3.jpeg

590A05C7-4D42-4F4A-91F8-870F43C68DC7.jpeg

3AC4F3D4-AF6B-4B19-BB27-D610B04EC544.jpeg

820279A0-D2BA-40EC-9C01-578C246D3B01.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
"Exciting developments in the world of TinyML MCU-Accelerators for 2024! 🚀 Discover cutting-edge solutions tailored for your needs:
🔷 Nuvoton Technology Corporation's NuMicro M55M1 with ARM CortexM55 and Ethos U55: https://lnkd.in/d5RNj_Yp
🔷 Alif Semiconductor Ensemble Family - Dual Core CortexM55 + Dual Ethos U55, already in mass production: https://lnkd.in/dv-Hrkgt
🔷 Infineon Technologies's PSoC Edge devices, powered by high-performance Arm Cortex-M55 and Ethos-U55, including Helium™ DSP support: https://lnkd.in/dVMupP-8
🔷 Himax Technologies, Inc.'s WiseEye2 (WE2) AI solution featuring Arm Cortex M55 CPU and Ethos U55 NPU: https://lnkd.in/dmy423Qr
🔷 Renesas Electronics introduces the first CortexM85 with built-in AI capabilities: https://lnkd.in/dWjVyDS4 & https://lnkd.in/dtRBHTfc
If you're navigating these choices and need guidance, feel free to reach out! 🤖

1704794388110.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
"Exciting developments in the world of TinyML MCU-Accelerators for 2024! 🚀 Discover cutting-edge solutions tailored for your needs:
🔷 Nuvoton Technology Corporation's NuMicro M55M1 with ARM CortexM55 and Ethos U55: https://lnkd.in/d5RNj_Yp
🔷 Alif Semiconductor Ensemble Family - Dual Core CortexM55 + Dual Ethos U55, already in mass production: https://lnkd.in/dv-Hrkgt
🔷 Infineon Technologies's PSoC Edge devices, powered by high-performance Arm Cortex-M55 and Ethos-U55, including Helium™ DSP support: https://lnkd.in/dVMupP-8
🔷 Himax Technologies, Inc.'s WiseEye2 (WE2) AI solution featuring Arm Cortex M55 CPU and Ethos U55 NPU: https://lnkd.in/dmy423Qr
🔷 Renesas Electronics introduces the first CortexM85 with built-in AI capabilities: https://lnkd.in/dWjVyDS4 & https://lnkd.in/dtRBHTfc
If you're navigating these choices and need guidance, feel free to reach out! 🤖

View attachment 53827

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom