BRN Discussion Ongoing

Wording below from BRN when advertising CES. Does this bit means we will have a number of things unveiled to public over next few weeks or just to those who can get an appointment at CES24? I read it as the former. One could only hope.

From strengthening security through anti-spoofing, on-chip learning, to industrial control through anomaly detection, and numerous others – which we will unveil over the coming weeks.

SC

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Colorado23

Regular
I think there’s a decent chance @Colorado23. Mercedes have confirmed there will be press updates and sessions covering new digital technology and collaborations with industry leading partners on the 9th of Jan, so I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.🤞
Thanks @Bravo. Would that constitute an announcement with the ASX prior or does the acknowledgement that Mercedes have been an EAP previously suffice.

Reactions: 4 users

BonezDiez

Emerged
99AB82A8-3762-4EE2-8F85-280F3DF56B24.jpeg

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Posts like the above make me wonder.

Why does Renesas use something on an ARM chip, that we supposedly can do, with "one-shot learning", power efficiency and everything else we are the best at? They had to use 30 million images to train their models (if I remember the number correctly).

Aren't we partners with both these companies? So....

- Are we too expensive?
- Too hard to work with?
- Not where we claim to be in the real world?
- Is this the proof in a roundabout way why nothing has kicked off in full flight yet?

Lots of questions... happy to have someone explain this to me without the usual belittling or being called downramper or whatever else the flavour of the week is.
Hi FL
The known FACTS:

Renesas licensed 2 nodes of Brainchip’s AKIDA technology.

EE Times published the following statement:

“Renesas is taping out a chip using the spiking neural network (SNN) technology developed by Brainchip.​

This is part of a move to boost the leading edge performance of its chips for the Internet of Things, Sailesh Chittipeddi became Executive Vice President and General Manager of IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas Electronics and the former CEO of IDT tells eeNews Europe”

Brainchip published this article on the website thereby adopting it as a true statement for which they can be held liable.

ARM confirmed AKIDA technology is compatible with all ARM process including Cortex M85.

Brainchip has confirmed that AKIDA technology is compatible with all ARM process including M85.

Renesas and ARM announced that Renesas is using M85.

Neither Renesas , ARM or Brainchip have said that Renesas is combining M85 with AKIDA technology.

The only place where I have read that Renesas is combining M85 with AKIDA is on TSEx and HC. The authors have never provided any proof that this is occurring.

I see no reason to believe Renesas is combining M85 with AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FACT FINDER

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

DK6161

Regular
In all honesty, I don't mind the slower than expected pace of getting our technology/IP widely adopted in the industry. However, I don't like the pace of the decline in our SP.
Nearly two years since our peak, and the market is not liking our company one single bit.
Looking at the latest TA, we are heading to below $0.10 by April next year.
So all eyes will be in this next CES to see if there's any worthwhile news.
Pressure is on, because I am sure there will be a lot of new year resolutions involving selling poor performing stocks if there is substantial improvements in our financials.
DYOR and don't be a fool (again).

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
In all honesty, I don't mind the slower than expected pace of getting our technology/IP widely adopted in the industry. However, I don't like the pace of the decline in our SP.
Nearly two years since our peak, and the market is not liking our company one single bit.
Pressure is on, because I am sure there will be a lot of new year resolutions involving selling poor performing stocks if there is substantial improvements in our financials.
not-amused-boy.gif

ok

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

IMG_7977.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
VALEO GROUP | 19 DEC, 2023 | 5 MIN

Valeo Unveils Groundbreaking Innovations at CES 2024, Paving the Way for Greener, Safer Mobility for All, Everywhere​

Valeo, a pioneer in automotive technology, will showcase a range of cutting-edge innovations at CES 2024, solidifying its commitment to shaping the future of mobility.

valeo-booth-las-vegas-2024-night.png

The pace of innovation in the auto industry is mind-blowing. The innovations we have chosen to showcase here at CES, show how quickly things we could only dream of a few years ago are now becoming practical applications that will utterly transform how we move around in the very near future“, said Executive Vice President of Corporate Strategy and CTO Geoffrey Bouquot.At Valeo, we are proud to have been at CES for the past 10 years and excited to be present again in 2024 to showcase our latest innovations. We look forward to sharing how our technology is empowering tomorrow’s mobility and contributing to a greener, safer, affordable and more connected automotive landscape.
With two locations, we offer double the opportunities to experience Valeo technology. Join us at booth CP17 on the Central Plaza and at our live demonstration area in the Piero’s parking lot at 355 Convention Center Drive. Have a look at our press kit to discover everything you will experience this year. Some highlights include:
  • CES 2024 Innovation Award Honoree Valeo SCALA™ 3 LiDAR: For the first time, we will give visitors the opportunity to experience and learn more about our AI-based perception software and how it helps classify objects identified by the LiDAR in its point cloud.
  • Valeo Predict4Range: We will unveil our software solution to predict and drive the most efficient thermal management strategies of EVs for a driving range extended up to 24% (i.e. less charging stops with faster charging operations), and extended battery life.
  • Valeo Ineez™ Air Charging: We are presenting for the first time our wireless charging solution, the first and only one to use an ultra low operating frequency, around 3kHz, offering a lighter, simpler and safer charging experience.
  • Zeekr x Valeo: The latest Zeekr model will be presented on Valeo’s booth. It redefines the rules of electric vehicle design. Equipped with a 15 mm high Valeo Thinbilite bifunction front lighting module and two digital panels comprising more than 1,700 LEDs, it offers users a unique, personalized and interactive lighting experience.
  • Valeo x BMW: We will present our solution for teleoperation from a cockpit with high reliability. Visitors will be able to drive a BMW Series iX located on the BMW booth while remaining at Valeo booth.
We also invite you to join the following engagements:
  • Jan. 8, 2024
    • 10 a.m. – Press conference with CEO Christophe Perillat and CTO and EVP of Strategy Geoffrey Bouquot, Mandalay Bay
  • Jan. 9, 2024
    • 11 a.m. to noon – Guided press tour of Valeo demonstrations, booth CP17, Central Plaza
    • noon to 1 p.m. – Press lunch with Geoffrey Bouquot, CTO and EVP strategy, Piero’s
    • 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Guided press tour of Valeo demonstrations, Piero’s parking lot
  • Jan. 10, 2024
    • 2 p.m. – CEO Christophe Perillat presentation, “Great Minds Stage: Sustainability in the Mobility Ecosystem”, West Hall
About Valeo
As a technology company and partner to all automakers and new mobility players, Valeo is innovating to make mobility cleaner, safer and smarter. Valeo enjoys technological and industrial leadership in electrification, driving assistance systems, reinvention of the interior experience and lighting everywhere. These four areas, vital to the transformation of mobility, are the Group’s growth drivers.
Valeo in figures: 20 billion euros in sales in 2022 ; 109,900 employees at December 31, 2022 ; 29 countries, 183 plants, 21 research centers, 44 development centers, 18 distribution platforms.
Valeo is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange.
Media contacts
Dora Khosrof | +33 7 61 52 82 75
Linda Aubuchon | +1 947-243-1154
Caroline De Gezelle | + 33 7 62 44 17 85
press-contact.mailbox@valeo.com
Investor relations
+33 1 40 55 37 93
valeo.corporateaccess.mailbox@valeo.com

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
1703031991414.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Just on Intel NPU, I was reading this (excerpt below) article from their community pages and if I understand correctly they don't involve Akida or neuromorphic as far as I can see.

Datapath and Register File Circuit Technologies in Neural Processing Unit

The Intel Core Ultra NPU incorporates floating-point dot product datapath circuits based on research from Intel Labs. Machine learning workloads use deep neural networks with matrix multiplication and convolution as the key power and performance limiting operations. Multiple techniques, including fused multiply-accumulate with global alignment and entering a fixed-point adder tree, provide up to 10% area reduction and 30% power reduction for the NPU when compared to previous designs. Further optimizations such as local product alignment and speculative OR-tree based maximum exponent further improve circuit delay. Using some of the techniques based on research described in Optimized Fused Floating-Point Many-Term Dot-Product Hardware for Machine Learning Accelerators, the Intel Labs team worked jointly with the NPU team to evaluate and implement these improvements in the Meteor Lake NPU.

Data flow optimization is key to improving the energy-efficiency of the NPU. Data movement energy can dominate overall chip power consumption but can be mitigated by temporal and spatial reuse with smaller, local memories versus larger, more expensive levels of static random-access memory (SRAM). Therefore, an efficient design of these local register files is extremely important to reduce the data movement power. Within a processing element (PE) of the NPU, there are three types of small local register files with a varying number of ports, sizes, and banks that store input activations, weights, and output features. Cumulatively, this local register file power can account for a significant amount of PE power. Motivated by low-power synthesizable register files research originating from Intel Labs and described in 2.4GHz, Double-Buffered, 4kb Standard-Cell-Based Register File with Low-Power Mixed-Frequency Clocking for Machine Learning Accelerators, the Intel Labs team worked jointly with the NPU team to incorporate key circuit techniques such as write data bit-line data gating, optimized sequential address patterns, and bit-packed multi-bit cells in the Meteor Lake NPU. This resulted in a 26% reduction in PE register file power when compared to previous designs.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Hi FL
The known FACTS:

Renesas licensed 2 nodes of Brainchip’s AKIDA technology.

EE Times published the following statement:

“Renesas is taping out a chip using the spiking neural network (SNN) technology developed by Brainchip.​

This is part of a move to boost the leading edge performance of its chips for the Internet of Things, Sailesh Chittipeddi became Executive Vice President and General Manager of IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit at Renesas Electronics and the former CEO of IDT tells eeNews Europe”

Brainchip published this article on the website thereby adopting it as a true statement for which they can be held liable.

ARM confirmed AKIDA technology is compatible with all ARM process including Cortex M85.

Brainchip has confirmed that AKIDA technology is compatible with all ARM process including M85.

Renesas and ARM announced that Renesas is using M85.

Neither Renesas , ARM or Brainchip have said that Renesas is combining M85 with AKIDA technology.

The only place where I have read that Renesas is combining M85 with AKIDA is on TSEx and HC. The authors have never provided any proof that this is occurring.

I see no reason to believe Renesas is combining M85 with AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FACT FINDER
Hi FACT FINDER,

Thank you very much for your time.

Those are the facts indeed (or should it be FACTS :p). However, to me, this does not address my question as to why they are not using us. I did not mention that they all collectively stated that AKIDA would be used. I simply asked why are they using something else, which requires 30 million plus images to train, when we supposedly can do this as a one-shot.

I am just trying to understand that if we are so superior then how come, known partners are not even using us...

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Chris B

Just thinking IF we get plenty of mentions at CES 2024 from companies like Valeo, Mercedes, etc... the SP could/will boom and Sean Hehir will be a Hero... comments on here will all have positive vibes... the silly second S words will never be mentioned again... I invested because I thought it was a great idea... invested time and time again as we validated the Akida 1000 works on Silicon and still investing because the price is just too good to resist... we have come a long way and I personally feel excited by the amount of Partners with Huge names in the industry... we are only going forwards and my confidence in Management and the BOD's is as strong as ever...reading stuff on here makes me wonder why some even invested in the first place. FOMO instead of Research maybe. Each to their own.. im a long term invester and believe in the company after plenty of reseach over the years...lets be a little more forgiving . Our time will come... my opinion only...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Shadow59

Regular
Just thinking IF we get plenty of mentions at CES 2024 from companies like Valeo, Mercedes, etc... the SP could/will boom and Sean Hehir will be a Hero... comments on here will all have positive vibes... the silly second S words will never be mentioned again... I invested because I thought it was a great idea... invested time and time again as we validated the Akida 1000 works on Silicon and still investing because the price is just too good to resist... we have come a long way and I personally feel excited by the amount of Partners with Huge names in the industry... we are only going forwards and my confidence in Management and the BOD's is as strong as ever...reading stuff on here makes me wonder why some even invested in the first place. FOMO instead of Research maybe. Each to their own.. im a long term invester and believe in the company after plenty of reseach over the years...lets be a little more forgiving . Our time will come... my opinion only...
What he said!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
An older article but a worthwhile reminder. I gather the big step he's referring to is launching their MMA platform in 2025 which will feature the first official MB.OS version?

View attachment 52374
This is even older, but it confirms MB.OS will use Nvidia software, AI expertise, and Orin SoC, as well as Lumimar radar.

Mercedes-Benz previews new MB.OS operating system​

Mercedes-Benz's new chip-to-cloud architecture is due to launch in 2024, first appearing in the third-generation CLA. 20230223 Greg Kable

https://www.drive.com.au/news/mercedes-benz-mb-os-operating-system/

Among the partners for the new autonomous driving functions is NVIDIA, which Mercedes-Benz says provides its software, data and artificial intelligence expertise as well as its Orin system-on-chip hardware.

It collaborates with Luminar for new light detection and LiDAR sensors.

A partnership with YouTube will allow drivers to view video content on the infotainment while using the Level 3 Drive Pilot autonomous driving system in countries where it is permitted

The Nvidia Orin drive chip is being used
Mercedes Benz Automotive Partner | NVIDIA

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/self-driving-cars/partners/mercedes/

Mercedes-Benz and NVIDIA

Mercedes-Benz has partnered with NVIDIA to bring artificial intelligence (AI) and metaverse technologies into its design and development process. This collaboration will use NVIDIA DRIVE Orin™ to create software-defined vehicles and NVIDIA Omniverse™ for more intelligent and efficient manufacturing, bringing unprecedented advancements to the automotive industry.

This appears to have some rudimentary AI capabilities:

Jetson_Orin_NX_DS-10712-001_v0.5.pdf (nvidia.com)

The Orin PVA is the second generation of NVIDIA’s vision DSP architecture. This is an application-specific instruction vector processor that targets computer-vision along with virtual and mixed reality applications. These are some key areas where PVA capabilities are a good match for algorithmic domains that need to have a predictable processing capability, at low power and low latency.

Given a previous reference to Nvidia as not so much a competitor as a partner, there is some hope that Akida will be used in conjunction with the Nvidia AI implementations.

I don't recall seeing anything linking BRN and Luminar, although the Luminar patents show potential for the use of Akida.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
What he said!
Yeah, he said "IF" which is all we ever get to be honest ;) IF we'd go to the moon with BRN Bus we'd all be rich... Instead, we are 78% down this year alone...

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Pretty sure probs posted before but if not....from the Valeo site mid last month.

If I'm not mistaken, Akida does 3D point cloud from memory and definitely AI perception, so who knows...maybe just maybe at CES 24 I hope :unsure:

VALEO GROUP | 16 NOV, 2023 | 7 MIN

Valeo SCALA 3 LiDAR (Light Detection & Ranging) receives prestigious CES 2024 Innovation Award​

Valeo is proud to announce that our SCALA 3 LiDAR is a CES 2024 Innovation Award honoree in the category "Vehicle Tech & Advanced Mobility".

As the industry recognises the key role of LiDAR technology in the development of autonomous mobility, this award acknowledges once again Valeo’s leading role as a pioneer in bringing this technology to the automotive industry and in producing it at scale.
SCALA 3, Valeo’s 3rd generation LiDAR perception system, offers an automotive-grade high resolution LiDAR (Light Detection & Ranging) sensor, allowing advanced perception in all conditions meeting the highest automotive industry quality and safety standards. SCALA 3 high-density point cloud and associated AI-based perception software enables high-speed autonomous driving on highways in a wider range of conditions, dramatically increasing the end-user value of Level 3 systems through a large extension of their domain of operation and the scalability of Level 4 robotaxi fleet.
Valeo’s capability to deliver on its promises is recognised by clients around the world. Valeo LiDAR equips the only Level 3 passenger cars authorized in Europe, and we have announced in March 2023 orders over the past 18 months worth more than 1 billion euros for Valeo SCALA 3. Valeo, the global leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), was the first, and remains the leading company, in the production of automotive LiDAR sensors and perception software on an industrial scale for Level 3 autonomous driving.
At CES 2024 from Jan. 8 to 12, Valeo will present at its booth its awards winning SCALA 3 LiDAR and, for the first time, will give visitors the opportunity to experience and learn more about our AI-based perception software and how it helps classify objects identified by the LiDAR in the Point Cloud.
Marc Vrecko, President of Valeo Comfort and Driving Assistance explains “Valeo has been among the first actors of the automotive industry to believe in LiDAR’s role as the keystone of autonomous mobility. We are honored to receive a CES 2024 Innovation Award that recognises our vision and technological leadership. Today, as most automakers work on bringing Level 3 autonomy to the market, we are ready to support them with our best-in-class technology. After more than 10 years of development and more than five years of production, our LiDAR is already in use on vehicles around the world, contributing significantly to the enhanced safety of road users as well as to offering a great step forward in the development of automated mobility. Valeo is a partner in the innovation being deployed worldwide and is today the only company able to offer both a LiDAR technology with outstanding performance and a unique capability to produce automotive grade LiDAR systems at scale.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom