BRN Discussion Ongoing

hotty4040

Regular
Morning IIoveLamb.,

Well if thay are not using Akida , yet displaying our business name , infering we are in the mix , then one would think this is were our IP lawyers would step in.

Well spotted Thelittleshort.

Regards,
Esq.

Duz a " THLOT PLICKEN " at all with this reveal I wonder.........

Hope so !!

Akida Ballista

hotty...

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning,

Thought I'd do my own forward projections 🤣

Balance as at 1 April 2024 15.5 Million USD

Factoring in $0.00 Cash Receipts/Revenue 4th Quarter ending 31 December 2023

Factoring in $0.00 Cash Receipts/Revenue 1st Quarter ending 31 March 2024

"2024 will be critical for Brainchip in many ways" very, very true Sean.

Nobody would/could possibly deny the fact that we need to see funds entering our bank account this year (2024)

Just trying to keep things on this forum on an even keel, love can be blind, but I'm not totally stupid, despite what some may think :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

💘 Brainchip......Tech 🤓

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Dio,

In the photo little short circled it shows brainchip on the monitor with moschip while they're demonstrating RZ/V2M?

Or am i confused..?

Hi Ill,

Strange. Ravi Tej answered Jesse's query by saying it ran on the Renesas chip, but it was at a Renesas do, so he would say that wouldn't he?

We did do a co-presentation in India with MosChip on 11 - 12 May 2022.

https://moschip.com/blog/brainchip-moschip-to-demonstrate-ai-capabilities-at-iesa-ai-summit/

Maybe they are clutching at our coat tails?

PS: I remain convinced that Akida is better than DRP-AI.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hi Ill,

Strange. Ravi Tej answered Jesse's query by saying it ran on the Renesas chip, but it was at a Renesas do, so he would say that wouldn't he?

https://moschip.com/blog/brainchip-moschip-to-demonstrate-ai-capabilities-at-iesa-ai-summit/

Hi Dio,

thanks for the reply.

It is interesting. Is there a teeny weeny tiny minute minuscule atoms chance you could be wrong about our inclusion.........?

Sorry to question, it's just i fail to see why our logo would be displayed front and centre at a renesas / moschip display that is demonstrating the rz/v2m unless we were involved in some way?

I have also posted numerous LinkedIn likes etc from brn staff on this particular renesas chipset.

I can't help but feel we are missing something.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Great work retrieving these archives @wilzy123!

I got a bit excited this morning when I realised that we may be able to deduce some connections in relation to hearing devices/cochlear implants, etc., from the old page.

After all, it seems more than a little coincidental that we are located in the centre in proximity to Cochlear and Google, don't you?

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.28.58 am.png

Also, I noticed in May 2023 that Western Sydney University, along with Cochlear and Google Research (Australia) have teamed together to help tackle problems with hearing devices such as "background noise".

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.52.37 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.37.42 am.png

And Andre van Schaick from Western Sydney University has contributed to numerous research paper, such as this one, about hearing and neurmorphic engineering.
Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 11.41.59 am.png

I remember PVDM talking about hearing devices and now I wonder if the old Wester Sydney Uni "Collaborators" page indicates something significant in this area.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

Bravo

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Tezza

Regular
Good morning,

Nobody would/could possibly deny the fact that we need to see funds entering our bank account this year (2024)

Just trying to keep things on this forum on an even keel, love can be blind, but I'm not totally stupid, despite what some may think :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

💘 Brainchip......Tech 🤓
Agreed! I am very nervous as this company is where I started my investing journey and 1 of the first things I learnt was have a plan and stick to it. Well my plan is to take profits in July 2024 pay house off. Failing this and the narrative is still , soon, not to distant future, revenue is coming etc get out and reinvest elsewhere. 2 Xmas ago I was super confident thinking everytime an Ann came out this is it. Now everytime and Ann comes out I think uh oh . Sean and the company have promised alot and delivered on alot of promises except the one that counts$$$. I truly hope and reservingly believe soon, near future etc is before 01-07-2024.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Dio,

thanks for the reply.

It is interesting. Is there a teeny weeny tiny minute minuscule atoms chance you could be wrong about our inclusion.........?

Sorry to question, it's just i fail to see why our logo would be displayed front and centre at a renesas / moschip display that is demonstrating the rz/v2m unless we were involved in some way?

I have also posted numerous LinkedIn likes etc from brn staff on this particular renesas chipset.

I can't help but feel we are missing something.
Hi Ill,

What a question! Of course there's no chance I'm wrong ;}

Seriously, the Renesas block diagram for the RZ/V2M shows the DRP-AI block in the grey Sensing and Analysing section.

Our deal with Renesas was that they would handle the heavy lifting with their 10 year plus researched DRP-AI, and the 2 nodes (8 NPUs) of Akida would be for the fiddly bits (ultra-low power applications).

Maybe the sunk costs are preventing Renesas from using the best solution. They have come up with a really nifty solution which became obsolete immediately Akida became available.

Or maybe it is expedient to proceed with their chip for the time being. They would have done all the prototyping, taping out, testing, refinement and approval processes for their high-end applications, so maybe, short term it makes sense to use DRP-AI for safety-critical applications until they qualify Akida for those applications?

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hi Ill,

What a question! Of course there's no chance I'm wrong ;}

Seriously, the Renesas block diagram for the RZ/V2M shows the DRP-AI block in the grey Sensing and Analysing section.

Our deal with Renesas was that they would handle the heavy lifting with their 10 year plus researched DRP-AI, and the 2 nodes (8 NPUs) of Akida would be for the fiddly bits (ultra-low power applications).

Maybe the sunk costs are preventing Renesas from using the best solution. They have come up with a really nifty solution which became obsolete immediately Akida became available.

Or maybe it is expedient to proceed with their chip for the time being. They would have done all the prototyping, taping out, testing, refinement and approval processes for their high-end applications, so maybe, short term it makes sense to use DRP-AI for safety-critical applications until they qualify Akida for those applications?
10fd4a09-559a-4e84-a649-a8fb12dbb96a_text.gif
dumb-and.gif

Just kidding 😜, thanks for your thoughts dio 💔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Getupthere

Regular
Dec quarter is the last quarter for Brn.

2024 is approaching and The company needs to show revenue or IP deals in the January quarter.

The grace period has ended.

Piss or get off the pot!
Good morning,

💘 Brainchip......Tech 🤓

• Love
  • Haha

Bravo

Hey Gang!

I've been thinking about the new Renesas 22nm RA-family chips which is expected to be launched towards the end of the year. This chip is an extension to the RA family of 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M microcontrollers and is the one that is supposed to include our amazing technology.🥳

Anyway I was thinking about the question of revenue based on mass volume and trying to work it form various angles to try and get a gauge on what we could expect to see coming into the coffers in the near future.

So we know from our website that a 28nm chip costs $15 for mass volumes (see below). And I'm presuming 22nm might be a little more expensive, let's say $20 a chip??

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 12.58.13 pm.png

As for the term "mass volumes", what does that look like from a quantity perspective? I am pretty sure I remember Sean saying after the last AGM that total chip production costs on mass volumes are really high, into the tens of millions of dollars. I think he may have said up to $50 million dollars.

Sooo, based on this remedial information Renesas must be pretty confident they can sell enough chips to cover their costs and make a decent profit - which is a lot of chips when you think about it.

All IMO. DYOR.

631bdb9b-132f-4df3-b6a1-992311a7b387.gif

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Awesome pick up TLS

I actually thought back in June last year the V2L would be the best chance but hey...will take the V2M if that's legit :)

Some info in the prev posts.

Reactions: 2 users

JDelekto

Regular
Hi Ill,

It's very well possible that they were running some combined demonstration using the one-shot learning capability of Akida.

While they may have been inferencing with the Renesas hardware, they could have used Akida to learn new facial expressions or recognize new faces for those visiting/revisiting the booth.

BrainChip's past exhibits that show this feature are compelling when showing how their hardware can do Edge learning without retraining the model.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good evening Chippers ,

Couple of notes from past bought to the fore ,

Absolute monza ready to bear fruit ,
The executive suite have been fully engorging themselves in between times , actual shareholders about to, as well thay fricken well deserve.

Several notes & general ponderances to follow.

CRANK THE TUNES.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20231210_180505.jpg
    20231210_180505.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 184
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_7927.jpeg

Qualcomm & Apple have some very compelling ARM-based solutions that are primed to tackle AMD & Intel in the AI PC segment in 2024.

Apple & Qualcomm Expected to Act as Catalysts For Progression of ARM In The AI PC Era, x86 Chips From AMD & Intel Face Heated Competition In 2024 & Beyond​

We have seen a recent shift in the industry towards ARM-based solutions, especially with its potential adoption by newly emerging competitors. With Apple boosting the share of ARM architectures within the laptop segment, it looks like moving ahead, we might see widespread adoption of the chip architecture within the PC industry as well, mainly since ARM has been able to close the performance gap between the x86 architecture, along with being much more power efficient.

ARM has already seen a dominant position in the mobile industry, with Qualcomm and MediaTek utilizing the standard for quite some time now.

However, the market share of ARM in the PC industry is going to see a rapid rise in the coming years, since Qualcomm has already introduced its own PC SoC, known as the "Snapdragon X Elite", which boasts impressive performance and is expected to hit shelves by mid-2024. Moreover, it is rumored that NVIDIA and AMD might launch ARM-based CPUs by 2025 as well, which means that the x86 architecture will get tough competition.

Currently, the Hexagon processor unit used by Qualcomm in Snapdragon X Elite has reached an astonishing 45 TOPS. Intel, on the other hand, looks like it's struggling to catch up and isn't expected to reach comparable performance levels until the launch of its Lunar Lake platform in 2025.
As OEMs are keen to kick-start AI roadmaps on their devices, PC makers based on ARM processors have an opportunity to carve up a share of this emerging market segment. However, Intel still believes that their current product designs are sufficient to meet user needs for AI tasks in most use cases.
In addition, Apple's M3 chip reached 18 TOPS, which is only slightly higher than the M2's 15.8 TOPS. Although lower than the data of Qualcomm and AMD, Apple has a high degree of control over its hardware and software ecosystem, which will help the Mac series of computers provide a comparable AI experience with lower hardware specifications.
Canalys
The next-gen AI PC market is definitely something that all chipmakers are currently eyeing to succeed in. All companies include dedicated NPUs within their chips that accelerate AI workloads and bring additional capabilities through a robust software stack and ecosystem.

Qualcomm has currently announced its AI Engine to offer up to 75 TOPS on the fastest X Elite SOCs while AMD just announced its updated Ryzen 8040 "Hawk Point" APUs with up to 39 TOPS (16 TOPS from NPU). Its successor which arrives in 2H 2024, codenamed Strix Point, is expected to feature up to 3x uplift in AI TOPS, hitting almost 50 TOPS from the XDNA 2 NPU alone.

Apple also offers around 18 TOPS with its M3 SOCand while that's a lower number than the rest of the competition, Apple's software ecosystem which runs on its own OS offsets the requirement of a powerful AI NPU thanks to optimizations. Lastly, we have Intel who have also been making big claims about their NPU featured in Core Ultra "Meteor Lake" CPUs which debuts next week on the 14th of December.

ARM is making strides when it comes to aiding artificial intelligence through its CPU solutions, since just recently, the company has launched its Cortex-M52 SoC, which is equipped with the company's "Helium" or M-Profile Vector Extension that delivers a significant performance uplift for machine learning (ML) and digital signal processing (DSP) applications. Since the PC industry is going to see a large-scale influence of AI-based features, firms like ARM need to deliver performance in this domain.

It will be interesting to see how the influx of ARM-focused chips changes the dynamics of the PC industry, especially the AI PC segment, since it would not only bring in much more diversity but would result in a more competitive market.

2024 AI PC Platforms​

BRAND NAMEAPPLEQUALCOMMAMDINTEL
CPU NameM3Snapdragon X EliteRyzen 8040 "Hawk Point"Meteor Lake "Core Ultra"
CPU ArchitectureARMARMx86x86
CPU Process3nm4nm4nm7nm
Max CPU Cores16 Cores (MAX)12 Cores8 Cores16 Cores
NPU ArchitectureIn-HouseHexagon NPUXDNA 1 NPUCrestmont E-Core
NPU AI TOPS18 TOPS75 TOPS (Peak)16 TOPS (39 TOPS All)TBD
GPU ArchitectureIn-HouseAdreno GPURDNA 3Alchemist Arc Xe-LPG
Max GPU Cores40 CoresTBD12 Compute Units8 Xe-Cores
GPU TFLOPsTBD4.6 TFLOPS8.9 TFLOPS~4.5 TFLOPS
Memory Support (Max)LPDDR5-6400LPDDR5X-8533LPDDR5X-7500LPDDR5X-8533
AvailabilityQ4 2024Mid-2025Q1 2024Q4 2024

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Good morning,

💘 Brainchip......Tech 🤓
2 IP'S Tech hello surely products about to hit the market, your predictions in the past about revenue have been off the mark, 24 cash needs to come and some IP contracts , , May 24 everybody on the floor won't tolerate the B
S If no progress in all departments

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

IMG_7928.jpeg

CES 2024 – Jan. 9-12, 2024​

BrainChip is hosting live demos at the Venetian Resort in Las Vegas, NV to show the Akida™ neuromorphic processor in action. Experience ultra-efficient Edge AI processing sensor modalities — including vision, sound, and vibration — and explore the possibilities for disruptive new solutions.
Our leadership, sales, and technical teams are scheduling meetings now with organizations that are eager to join us in pushing the limits of AI on-chip compute. Grab some time with us and learn about the new ways Akida can help you. We look forward to talking with you there!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Top Bottom