BRN Discussion Ongoing

Vladsblood

Regular
Looks/seems like it was only for the elite Vlad
Wow, I love this post - thank you.
Can I ask some questions for clarification - what was this meeting that you refer to in Sydney on the 6th of Novemeber? Was it just a meeting with Brainchip employees? If not, and you and/ or others where there, how were you invited? or was it open for anyone to attend? Can you please elaborate?
Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Wow, I love this post - thank you.
Can I ask some questions for clarification - what was this meeting that you refer to in Sydney on the 6th of Novemeber? Was it just a meeting with Brainchip employees? If not, and you and/ or others where there, how were you invited? or was it open for anyone to attend? Can you please elaborate?
Thanks!
Hi HG
I received an invitation to attend from Investor Relations at Perth. There were other shareholders in attendance who I assume were also invited. Sean Hehir, Geoff Carrick and Tony Dawe were present.

Sean Hehir had Sydney meetings before this meeting. I don’t know who with but the next morning he was to meet with Pitt Street Research to record the interview that has been released.

I understand he then flew to Melbourne with Tony Dawe where he met with other retail shareholders.

He then flew to Perth with Tony Dawe and believe on Wednesday he met with other retail shareholders. I think it was said that Peter van der Made may be attending that meeting.

The meeting in Sydney was two hours and very informal. I did not drink any alcohol and do not consider myself anyone’s drinking buddy particularly when it comes to investing.

The retail shareholders expressed concerns about two things. Communication and shorting price manipulation. Apart from these issues the meeting proceeded as a Q. & A.

I personally did not learn anything of substance I did not already know from previous publicly released company communications and my personal research.

The shareholders I spoke to after the meeting expressed the view that they had not learned anything new but that they thought Sean Hehir presented as confident about the future, the AKIDA technology and truly interested to listen to retail shareholders.

Regards
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 76 users

Easytiger

Regular
Hi HG
I received an invitation to attend from Investor Relations at Perth. There were other shareholders in attendance who I assume were also invited. Sean Hehir, Geoff Carrick and Tony Dawe were present.

Sean Hehir had Sydney meetings before this meeting. I don’t know who with but the next morning he was to meet with Pitt Street Research to record the interview that has been released.

I understand he then flew to Melbourne with Tony Dawe where he met with other retail shareholders.

He then flew to Perth with Tony Dawe and believe on Wednesday he met with other retail shareholders. I think it was said that Peter van der Made may be attending that meeting.

The meeting in Sydney was two hours and very informal. I did not drink any alcohol and do not consider myself anyone’s drinking buddy particularly when it comes to investing.

The retail shareholders expressed concerns about two things. Communication and shorting price manipulation. Apart from these issues the meeting proceeded as a Q. & A.

I personally did not learn anything of substance I did not already know from previous publicly released company communications and my personal research.

The shareholders I spoke to after the meeting expressed the view that they had not learned anything new but that they thought Sean Hehir presented as confident about the future, the AKIDA technology and truly interested to listen to retail shareholders.

Regards
Fact Finder
Hi FF. Great access and thanks for the update. Couple of questions:

Did the invite state what was the purpose of the meeting?

Did Tony Dawe disclose what was the selection criteria for determining which retail shareholders would attend the meeting?

What was execs response to investors concerns re shorters and lack of communication?

Can anyone from Perth or Melbourne who attended give a similar update or learn anything new?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Vladsblood

Regular
Well it looks like those select few will vote as the bod’s will want at the next agm.

All us others can vote just how we feel at the next agm.
Everyone’s got free will and ability to chose on vote time to please themselves which way!
Vlad.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Attachments

• IMG_6378.png
    IMG_6378.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
Reactions: 3 users

Vladsblood

Regular
Well it looks like those select few will vote as the bod’s will want at the next agm.

All us others can vote just how we feel at the next agm.
Everyone’s got free will and ability to chose on vote time to please themselves which way!
Vlad.
Reminds me of western politicians secretly meeting with their lobby groups. Vlad

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
📢 IMAGO Technologies Captivates the Audience with Event-Based Vision at SPS 2023

The excitement at the SPS Show in Nuremberg continues to soar, and IMAGO Technologies is once again at the forefront of innovation with their groundbreaking Vision Cam EB demo. This revolutionary solution introduces the transformative power of Event-based vision, empowering industries to achieve unprecedented levels of efficiency, precision, and reliability.

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭-𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧?
Event-based vision is a groundbreaking technology that mimics
the human eye's ability to perceive and react to dynamic changes in the
environment. Unlike traditional frame-based vision systems, which capture and process entire frames of images, Event-based cameras only capture and transmit data when there is a change in the scene. This results in a significantly reduced data stream, making it ideal for high-speed applications and low-latency environments.

𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭-𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
✔️𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡-𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠:
Process data at ultra-high speeds, enabling real-time detection and reaction to dynamic events.
✔️𝐋𝐨𝐰 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲:
Respond to changes in the environment with minimal delay, ensuring immediate corrective actions.
✔️𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧:
Transmit significantly less data compared to traditional frame-based vision systems, minimizing bandwidth requirements and storage needs.

Don't miss out on the opportunity to transform your industrial operations with IMAGO Technologies' innovative vision-based solutions. Contact us today to learn more and experience the power of Event-based vision in action.

IMG_7818.jpeg

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Slade

Top 20
Thank you for your feedback FF. Much appreciated. I haven’t been following BrainChip as closely as I used to, from time to time I check things on TSex and like many I try to focus on posts of substance and not get tripped up by the bitter salty posts. I am appreciative of those that continue to share the findings of their research efforts. Personally I am at a point where I am happy to wait for revenue to kick in, which I believe will come in 2024. I no longer feel the need to obsess over when specifically this is going to happen. I obviously didn’t attend any of the meetings with our CEO but I must say that I am very happy that he made the effort to meet with some genuine shareholders. I see this as a big positive. I’m also glad that someone pushing a ‘we’ve been scammed’ line did not attend.
Anyway, back to my glass of milk and bacon sandwich.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 41 users

Did Tony Dawe disclose what was the selection criteria for determining which retail shareholders would attend the meeting?

What was execs response to investors concerns re shorters and lack of communication?

Can anyone from Perth or Melbourne who attended give a similar update or learn anything new?
Hi ET
1. That the CEO was interested in meeting retail shareholders.

2. No I have no idea how Tony Dawe or the CEO decided I was appropriate to invite. Tony Dawe did remember that my wife has health issues which prevented me attending the last AGM and that I had never met Sean Hehir.

3. Geoff Carrick did most of the heavy lifting on why they don’t use the ASX more often and he and I had a debate about the GetSwift appeal and it’s ramifications. The overall takeaway was that they are strictly applying the ASX rules but understand they need to do more to improve retail shareholder communications. Geoff Carrick and Sean Hehir both agreed that the current share price did not represent fair value and that with AKIDA 2.0 and the deep engagements they have in play that eventually the share price issue will be resolved by commercial progress. They declined to nominate a time frame. I believe that Sean Hehir was genuinely concerned to improve shareholder communications and is looking to come to Australia more often.

I think this exhausts everything I can say about this subject so your request to others will be the only way further information may be forthcoming.

My opinion only DYOR
Regards

Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 69 users

Diogenese

Top 20
📢 IMAGO Technologies Captivates the Audience with Event-Based Vision at SPS 2023

The excitement at the SPS Show in Nuremberg continues to soar, and IMAGO Technologies is once again at the forefront of innovation with their groundbreaking Vision Cam EB demo. This revolutionary solution introduces the transformative power of Event-based vision, empowering industries to achieve unprecedented levels of efficiency, precision, and reliability.

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭-𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧?
Event-based vision is a groundbreaking technology that mimics
the human eye's ability to perceive and react to dynamic changes in the
environment. Unlike traditional frame-based vision systems, which capture and process entire frames of images, Event-based cameras only capture and transmit data when there is a change in the scene. This results in a significantly reduced data stream, making it ideal for high-speed applications and low-latency environments.

𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭-𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
✔️𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡-𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠:
Process data at ultra-high speeds, enabling real-time detection and reaction to dynamic events.
✔️𝐋𝐨𝐰 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲:
Respond to changes in the environment with minimal delay, ensuring immediate corrective actions.
✔️𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧:
Transmit significantly less data compared to traditional frame-based vision systems, minimizing bandwidth requirements and storage needs.

Don't miss out on the opportunity to transform your industrial operations with IMAGO Technologies' innovative vision-based solutions. Contact us today to learn more and experience the power of Event-based vision in action.

View attachment 49648

Imago does use NNs but I don't see any evidence that they have a SoC.

DE102018110062A1 Verfahren zur Fehlererkennung automatisierter Prozesse 20180426

[0010] In order to carry out a subtraction of the brightness values of the respective pixels of the still image from the pixels of the comparison image arranged at the relevant location by means of a comparison between a still image to be analyzed and a comparison image representing a correctly executed process phase, a self-learning neural network programmed for optimized error detection is preferably provided , which is designed to independently carry out different weightings of relevant brightness values during subtraction.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Worth a listen if you're a Qualcomm believer

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20231116_234004_Google News.jpg

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Good afternoon,

It's clear to me and others that Sean has wound back a little on saying Akida 1000 was too narrow in it's offering, there has since been some
padding introduced to soften that original comment, which I personally took offence to on Peters behalf.

Akida 1000 was delayed by about 1 year after the company listened to and adopted changes that were suggested by our early adopters,
most importantly developing the brilliant CNN2SNN to reach out an olive branch to make the transition over to SNN as painless as possible.

Native SNN is our long game, anyone here willing to say otherwise, well then, go for it...I know the truth.

Interesting how the Perth boys have been told to zip it over the years when we have our little get togethers with Brainchip Executives, as in,
it's all secret sauce, don't say a word, like when Sean turned up in Western Australia unannounced, stayed at the Hilton and meet with local
shareholders at a secret location, for god sake, that's why I personally stopped attending.

Now you've got FF name dropping over a Sydney meet up...what have the Perth boys got from Research (Brain) Headquarters ? nothing ?

I have been in touch with Mikhail Asavkin, the Founder of ANT61...passed on our congratulations and followed up today with a question
or two, but totally respect that he may not be able to comment on what I have asked him, I'll let the forum know if I hear back in the positive.

As FF has eluded to, we are still on a major winner, and have been growing and growing despite our share price suggesting otherwise, my
confidence level has never waned (well maybe slightly) but like many already know, our fundamentals are very solid, and yes, I can confirm
I still haven't sold any further shares, unlike some I could name, good luck traders.

Tech x
Hi Tech

There was a Perth catch up in November that followed immediately after the Sydney and Melbourne catch ups. It was much smaller in numbers than the usual catch ups.

I didn't count but would guess 8-10 shareholders. Sean, Tony, Peter and Pia were in attendance.

I'm late to respond to your post so I will direct you to the commentary FF has provided on the Sydney meeting.

Perth was much the same.

It was at the usual Bar but this time it was in a private section out the back in the dining area with everyone sitting around one large round table. The setting made it feel a little more formal than the previous catch ups but it was very informal. It was a lot easier to hear so ran smoothly.

Sean welcomed us and then effectively opened the floor immediately to questions. The next 45 minutes was a conversation steered by our questions. Sean answered everything he was able to legally answer.

I can confirm that the concerns raised by shareholders mirrored exactly those concerns FF mentioned that the Sydney crew raised (predominantly communication and lack of ASX announcements and efforts from the company to stop price manipulation).

I don't have much else to add, the points FF raised in his summary align to the conversations we had so it seems across the country, shareholders are asking the same questions.

Sean finished with a 15 minute summary of what he's been doing lately, where he's headed after Australia (Japan and Korea from memory before back to the US).

Sean reiterated they've never been more busy with engagements and he's never had more confidence that they are on the right path to creating a successful company.

I couldn't hang around after the formal part of the catch up and so missed out on grabbing a beer with everyone which was unfortunate.

Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 74 users

cosors

👀

View attachment 49659
Is he looking nervously at the road and not at the screen?
Screenshot_2023-11-16-17-01-55-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-17-10-37-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

The picture above seems posed to me. A Euro pallet centred on the track.

Compare to this one:
1700150652722.png

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

chapman89

Founding Member

I attended one of the meetings and I share FF’s view.
FF myself and others grilled Sean on better communication and Sean agreed that there can be better communication and that he will try to attend Australia more often!
He also said he was hoping to be back before the next AGM!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

TECH

Regular
Good afternoon,

It's clear to me and others that Sean has wound back a little on saying Akida 1000 was too narrow in it's offering, there has since been some
padding introduced to soften that original comment, which I personally took offence to on Peters behalf.

Akida 1000 was delayed by about 1 year after the company listened to and adopted changes that were suggested by our early adopters,
most importantly developing the brilliant CNN2SNN to reach out an olive branch to make the transition over to SNN as painless as possible.

Native SNN is our long game, anyone here willing to say otherwise, well then, go for it...I know the truth.

Interesting how the Perth boys have been told to zip it over the years when we have our little get togethers with Brainchip Executives, as in,
it's all secret sauce, don't say a word, like when Sean turned up in Western Australia unannounced, stayed at the Hilton and meet with local
shareholders at a secret location, for god sake, that's why I personally stopped attending.

Now you've got FF name dropping over a Sydney meet up...what have the Perth boys got from Research (Brain) Headquarters ? nothing ?

I have been in touch with Mikhail Asavkin, the Founder of ANT61...passed on our congratulations and followed up today with a question
or two, but totally respect that he may not be able to comment on what I have asked him, I'll let the forum know if I hear back in the positive.

As FF has alluded to, we are still on a major winner, and have been growing and growing despite our share price suggesting otherwise, my
confidence level has never waned (well maybe slightly) but like many already know, our fundamentals are very solid, and yes, I can confirm
I still haven't sold any further shares, unlike some I could name, good luck traders.

Tech x

Good morning, I obviously meant alluded to NOT eluded to in my opinion above.

Thanks for correcting me, no water at this so-called Resort for the last 90 hours, if you own property, always remember doing some
maintenance on a very regular basis, especially where water is concerned will save you a lot of money in the long run, and customers, it's
possibly effected my cognitive Brain functions...what Brain you ask ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y) TEXTA.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Frangipani

Regular
Does anyone know what Pia spoke about or if any transcripts are available? Have not seen to much posted unless I am going blind which could be true. Was she at the event on behalf on BRN?

View attachment 49625 View attachment 49624

FYI: On the conference website, the session to which Pia Turcinov had been invited as a speaker, is missing the first and last panellist from your screenshot and also lists a different moderator. Unfortunately there was nothing else to find out, even when clicking that unmistakeable red Find Out More button.

A8008816-A5FC-4262-A9E1-7DB2DC9065BC.jpeg

Despite ending up in that cul-de-sac, I was still in dot-joining mood, so I had a closer look at Fund WA instead, where Pia Turcinov is a General Partner. They describe themselves as a “Seed To Series-A venture fund in Western Australia” and their mission statement is “to back the state’s innovative, high growth and scalable opportunities at the early commercialisation stages.”

15CCA4F3-B573-447D-AD37-90ACBF6A3282.jpeg

D1DC25C1-B5DE-4027-A3F4-F2032009A52E.jpeg

So far, Fund WA has invested in two local start-ups (in August 2023 resp Sept 2023). The second one, medtech and biosensor company VitalTrace (www.vitaltrace.com.au), looks as if it was right up our alley, even though there is no specific mention of neuromorphic technology.

The people behind this innovative start-up based in Perth are hoping to commercialise their continuous scalp lactate monitoring DelivAssure biosensor, a real-time fetal distress monitoring device to detect hypoxia (lack of oxygen) in babies during labour, which they claim is superior to cardiotocography (CTG), the current gold standard of intrapartum (during childbirth) fetal monitoring. According to VitalTrace, DelivAssure will help clinicians to easily identify fetal distress during labour, allowing them to take early action to prevent complications such as brain damage, and at the same time reduce unnecessary C-sections.

Perth cardiologist A/Prof Dr Michael Nguyen, another General Partner of Fund WA, recently posted a short clip (worth watching) of VitalTrace being featured on Seven Network.

BE7CAAD6-4D78-4354-A02A-710512E9BBC0.jpeg

I subsequently searched for ‘VitalTrace’ here on TSE, which yielded one result: @Fact Finder had already come across this Perth start-up about 1.5 years ago.

77E593AD-B725-4CF7-B206-CD98F53B193A.jpeg

Even if VitalTrace did not yet know about Akida back then, they would have found out about Brainchip’s disruptive tech by now through Pia Turcinov. Whether they are actually implementing it or not remains to be seen.

There is of course also the possibility that Fund WA invested in VitalTrace for the very reason the team behind the start-up plans on implementing Akida into their DelivAssure biosensor, on their mission “to create a new global standard of care for keeping mothers and babies safe during childbirth” and that Pia Turcinov and her investment partners are convinced that the resulting tech is going to be a winning combination, enabling the start-up founders’ vision for the novel biosensor to become an indispensable device for obstetricians and midwives around the globe, saving lives and helping to prevent birth complications due to hypoxia and avoiding unnecessary emergency C-sections. And all of this resulting in a massive decrease in healthcare costs, too.

While Brainchip is not (or not yet? another company behind an NDA?) listed as one of VitalTrace’s partners, I noticed both the University of Western Australia as well as the Perron Institute for Neurological and Translational Science in Perth are, and we have connections to both institutions through the three members on our Scientific Advisory Board: Prof Adam Osseiran, Professor Barry Marshall as well as Prof Alan Harvey. Of course there are also countless other potential (non BRN-related) connections between VitalTrace and the Perron Institute resp UWA. Unfortunately, I couldn’t spot any of our SAB member names on the university project pages I found (eg https://research-repository.uwa.edu...el-monitoring-device-to-detect-hypoxia-during and more links to collaborations with UTS and Monash over a three year period from 01/01/2022-31/12/2024), but they could still have put VitalTrace in touch with Brainchip or vice versa.

And even if Brainchip is not involved, I sincerely hope this innovative Perth start-up will be successful in commercialising their invention.

FundWA announces 2nd investment, in VitalTrace​

By
Pankaj Sharma
-
21 September 2023
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://startupnews.com.au/2023/09/21/fundwa-announces-2nd-investment-in-vitaltrace/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=FundWA+announces+2nd+investment,+in+VitalTrace&url=https://startupnews.com.au/2023/09/21/fundwa-announces-2nd-investment-in-vitaltrace/&via=Startup+News
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=https://startupnews.com.au/2023/09/21/fundwa-announces-2nd-investment-in-vitaltrace/&title=FundWA+announces+2nd+investment,+in+VitalTrace

VitalTrace investment FUND WA (Left to Right:) Fund WA's Glenn Butcher, Pia Turcinov, Dr Michael Nguyen, Trent Rachow. Absent are Asheesh Malaney General Partner and Glenn Murray Venture Partner. Photo supplied.

WA-based venture fund Fund WA has announced its second investment from its first fund in backing Perth-based medtech and biosensor company VitalTrace.
The former WA Innovator of the Year winners (2021, Wesfamers Wellbeing Award) co-founders Dr Arjun Kaushik and Dr Michael Challenor are leading cutting-edge research and developing manufacturing capability, all focused on solving a serious problem that is worth $3b per annum.

A recent event hosted by VitalTrace to celebrate the investment was an opportunity for FundWA investors to meet some of the team and hear about the most recent milestones reached in commercialising their world-first DelivAssurebiosensor.

VitalTrace-team.jpg
VitalTrace team. Image supplied.

Support from our latest investment round allows us to accelerate towards our first clinical trials, build out our nation-first biosensor manufacturing plant and lay the foundations for a global biosensor company. Having a local team of investors like FundWA who are completely aligned with our mission to make childbirth safer for everyone around the globe is priceless.
Dr Arjun Kaushik, CEO of VitalTrace

Glenn Butcher, CEO and one of the four General Partners of Fund WA said he was happy to support an investment to create a new global standard of care for keeping mothers and babies safe during childbirth.
“This is a WA startup, based here, manufacturing from here and taking this ground-breaking technology to the world, from WA,” he said.

“Our investment in VitalTrace is a commitment to supporting transformative West Australian innovation that can enhance the lives of countless individuals. Our focus is on high growth potential and is not limited to any specific industry sectors. We firmly believe investable talent can come from anywhere.”

VitalTrace-product.jpg
VitalTrace product suite – including the DelivAssure biosensor (on the table). Image supplied

Earlier this year FundWA received support through the WA State Government’s New Industries Fund, from the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation which has provided some operational funding for the first three years to assist in the establishment of the fund under the WA Ventures Support (WAVES) pilot program.

To date, FundWA has vetted over 160 startup companies in WA and is actively encouraging early conversations with founders looking to scale through venture capital funding.
~~
For further information visit www.fundwa.com.au

BC4E4ECF-712C-42B6-8852-A11CBA390881.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
To further expand on my post now I have some time to grab the info.

The snips below are from a NASA paper Aug last year that outlines the RadNeuro Project that we know we have been involved in with other partners and the hardware issues.

NASA refers to neuromorphic chips / computing as NMC and can see why someone like Alphacore etc may want to get a rad hard chip in there....how our SNN IP would be affected (if at all)....above my pay grade @Diogenese

Sorry D...caught up with Chelsea again :ROFLMAO:

Original paper HERE

View attachment 38077

View attachment 38080

View attachment 38082

View attachment 38083
A few more new projects from Alphacore

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom