BRN Discussion Ongoing

Quatrojos

Regular
I regard it as more a commercial proof of concept for what at the time was regarded as "novel" technology.
It was kind of a Jimmy Cagney moment screaming to all and sundry....."Hey Ma, look at me!"
Our explosive let down has seen thuggish shorts and other manipulators push our share price down to a fraction of all time highs.

Whilst existing use cases could be accommodated by Akida 1000, Gen 2 and beyond are more tailorable by the client and have been developed with much more customer feed back in mind during the design and implementation process.
This allows for a taste of our ubiquity as we will soon be seen operating in space, in a myriad of industrial settings as well as touching peoples lives directly in medical and other wearables and domestic applications.
This is where the rubber hits the road and where our differentiating tech can be utilised in ways which will see it stand out in the marketplace and really shine.
This is where we will start to become, for many applications, not only the "best option", but in many cases "the only option."
Bring It, BrainChip! 🤣

It was a proof of concept that landed two IP deals.

BRN had a tangible bite from Valeo during development of AKD1000. Why not tailor the proof of concept for a potential real customer?

Hehir's statement that 1000 was too narrowly focussed insinuates that it was focussed on something. I think a proof of concept would be deliberately lacking focus, no?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

ndefries

Regular
I may be wrong but I also believe that Megachips has a license for only a set period of time a few years so I would like to think they had a plan when they took on the license.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Ethinvestor

Regular
Good afternoon,

It's clear to me and others that Sean has wound back a little on saying Akida 1000 was too narrow in it's offering, there has since been some
padding introduced to soften that original comment, which I personally took offence to on Peters behalf.

Akida 1000 was delayed by about 1 year after the company listened to and adopted changes that were suggested by our early adopters,
most importantly developing the brilliant CNN2SNN to reach out an olive branch to make the transition over to SNN as painless as possible.

Native SNN is our long game, anyone here willing to say otherwise, well then, go for it...I know the truth.

Interesting how the Perth boys have been told to zip it over the years when we have our little get togethers with Brainchip Executives, as in,
it's all secret sauce, don't say a word, like when Sean turned up in Western Australia unannounced, stayed at the Hilton and meet with local
shareholders at a secret location, for god sake, that's why I personally stopped attending.

Now you've got FF name dropping over a Sydney meet up...what have the Perth boys got from Research (Brain) Headquarters ? nothing ?

I have been in touch with Mikhail Asavkin, the Founder of ANT61...passed on our congratulations and followed up today with a question
or two, but totally respect that he may not be able to comment on what I have asked him, I'll let the forum know if I hear back in the positive.

As FF has eluded to, we are still on a major winner, and have been growing and growing despite our share price suggesting otherwise, my
confidence level has never waned (well maybe slightly) but like many already know, our fundamentals are very solid, and yes, I can confirm
I still haven't sold any further shares, unlike some I could name, good luck traders.

Tech x
Of course, unless you had to it is stupid to sell of BRN now lol
Just wondering what does this mean? We haver a better chip now than AKIDA?..
IBM introduced a neuromorphic chip, the NorthPole chip. It surpasses existing microchips for AI tasks, boasting over 20 times the speed and around 25 times the energy efficiency of current offerings”

Reactions: 1 users

JDelekto

Regular
I may be wrong but I also believe that Megachips has a license for only a set period of time a few years so I would like to think they had a plan when they took on the license.
MegaChips did have a plan for Akida's IP. One solution is a next-generation camera ASIC that embeds Akida IP for face/voice recognition and gesture detection.

I'm not sure if they designed this specifically with one of their customers in mind, but it could be used with a device that utilizes a camera, like a cell phone, laptop, or mobile gaming device.

They also list Quadric (with whom they've also engaged) as part of the solution. It seems they use Quadric for image processing, whereas BrainChip has a recognition/identification role for their UI. This is similar to the part Akida plays in Mercedes' voice recognition system.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
It was a proof of concept that landed two IP deals.

BRN had a tangible bite from Valeo during development of AKD1000. Why not tailor the proof of concept for a potential real customer?

Hehir's statement that 1000 was too narrowly focussed insinuates that it was focussed on something. I think a proof of concept would be deliberately lacking focus, no?
I think it maybe a bit like when you first cast your line.
You take an educated guess on just what tackle to use, what bait to try, where to drop your anchor given the prevailing conditions, tides, currents and with regard to what the other fisher folk are doing.
Now, maybe you get lucky first time out.
Maybe you decide you need a bigger boat?
Or spinners rather than that nice white bait Grandpa suggested.
Who knows, its a moving feast and some find success in the narrows, some in the deep.
We persevere, learning as we go, perfecting our skillset and offering.
It takes as long as it takes, but the worst day fishin' beats the best day workin', hands down.

• Fire
  • Love

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
If Akida 1000 specs are too narrow for the broader market, it must have been focussed upon something specific? Is it the Lidar 'sweet spot'?
Didn't you get the memo?

It was a huge flop, a failure of gargantuan proportions

DYOR

Last edited:
  • Haha

wilzy123

Founding Member
nicksplat splat GIF

Jonestown alive and well again!
OK

72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
Hi Ethinvestor

The company fundamentals have continued to improve and accrue unrealised shareholder value in my opinion.

It has been confirmed by the CEO Sean Hehir in person to myself and others that Brainchip has succeeded in developing and running a number of Large Language Models, LLMs, on AKIDA 2.0 and that AKIDA 3.0 is on track and that its primary purpose will be to focus on running LLM's as its point of technology difference.

It was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that assuming there is no interruption to present planning AKIDA 3.0 will make an appearance next year. It is still anticipated that a demonstration AKIDA 2.0 chip will be produced. Presently sophisticated customers who have experience of the AKD1000 commercial chip have expressed confidence in their ability to assess AKIDA 2.0 based solely on the IP and all those who were referred to as being given early access at the beginning of 2023 are now engaged or engaged again with Brainchip assessing and discussing AKIDA 2.0 and the commercial opportunities.

I assume that you have seen the list of publicly acknowledged engagements with the AKD1000 chip which totals about 40 companies. Well with the assistance of the mathematical superstar Blind Freddie I have been able to calculate that as Sean Hehir said in his recent podcast that about 75% of current engagements are in respect of AKIDA 2.0 then the raw number of companies based on 40 companies being 25% of current engagements then this would mean 120 companies are engaged currently in respect of AKIDA 2.0.

Hopefully it is clear in the above paragraph that these numbers are based solely on the known AKD1000 engagements confirmed in writing by Tony Dawe a couple of months ago. Since that time there has been multiple confirmations by Brainchip employees that Brainchip's engagements includes companies that wish to remain anonymous but what we do know is that Rob Telson in a presentation in the last few months stated they have many hundreds of companies testing AKIDA technology via Brainchip's Boxes and Raspberry Pi offerings.

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that the cost to Brainchip of the first ever neuromorphic EDGE Box being produced and marketed by VVDN is not material. The sale price of the VVDN EDGE Box is expected to be very, very competitive and it will be aimed at retail and security applications. In retail a likely application will be stock control on shelves.

While Brainchip will have it as an offering on their website they will primarily be using it for sales purposes as it provides an opportunity to show a real world product being benchmarked against other in the market products from Nvidia and the like. It was also confirmed that Brainchip has a significant stockpile of the AKD1000 chips sufficient to meet any ongoing demand from VVDN for the EDGE Box and their own internal requirements to keep producing the Box and Raspberry Pi for customers to trial.

It was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that the AKD1000 chip was definitely not a failure and that it is an extraordinary engineering and scientific achievement but that it was narrowly focused excluding many market opportunities which has been addressed by AKIDA 2.0 which is a creature of customer feedback and requests as they explored the possible use cases of AKD1000.

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that the partnership between Nvidia and Edge Impulse has significant flow on benefits to Brainchip in that it allows potential customers to directly port Nvidia software and models onto AKIDA technology greatly expanding the applications already created and provided in the AKIDA Model Zoo. There is absolutely no downside to this as far as Brainchip is concerned and in fact should encourage consideration of AKIDA technology once potential customers can see the advantages that accrue in using AKIDA over other offerings.

It was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO that TENNS can be used with other technology and improve that technologies performance however to maximise its performance a customer would be advised to run it with AKIDA. (This confirmed Diogenes's suggestion that TENNS could find its own place in the market.)

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that they have not lost out to any competitor product during customer assessments and those customer engagements that have not proceeded have been as a result of issues within the target companies. One company they had won and expected to sign a contract with, overnight closed down its operation and laid off some thousands of workers.

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO, Geoff Carrick Director and Tony Dawe that all the publicly notified companies continue to engage with Brainchip.

As mentioned in my previous post it was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO that they now have over 80 employees and expect to appoint the replacement for Chris Stevens shortly. Sean Hehir CEO stated that he is very pleased with the proposed appointment.

One further thing I would add of interest is that Sean Hehir also confirmed to myself and others that AKIDA technology has shown the ability to be applied for noise cancellation in headphones and hearing aids.

I should also add that this meeting took place on 6 November, 2023 in Sydney.

My opinion and recollection only but others may wish to confirm the accuracy of the above and remember to DYOR.

Regards

Fact Finder
Thank you Fact Finder, I just cried in my pinot.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
Good afternoon,

It's clear to me and others that Sean has wound back a little on saying Akida 1000 was too narrow in it's offering, there has since been some
padding introduced to soften that original comment, which I personally took offence to on Peters behalf.

Akida 1000 was delayed by about 1 year after the company listened to and adopted changes that were suggested by our early adopters,
most importantly developing the brilliant CNN2SNN to reach out an olive branch to make the transition over to SNN as painless as possible.

Native SNN is our long game, anyone here willing to say otherwise, well then, go for it...I know the truth.

Interesting how the Perth boys have been told to zip it over the years when we have our little get togethers with Brainchip Executives, as in,
it's all secret sauce, don't say a word, like when Sean turned up in Western Australia unannounced, stayed at the Hilton and meet with local
shareholders at a secret location, for god sake, that's why I personally stopped attending.

Now you've got FF name dropping over a Sydney meet up...what have the Perth boys got from Research (Brain) Headquarters ? nothing ?

I have been in touch with Mikhail Asavkin, the Founder of ANT61...passed on our congratulations and followed up today with a question
or two, but totally respect that he may not be able to comment on what I have asked him, I'll let the forum know if I hear back in the positive.

As FF has eluded to, we are still on a major winner, and have been growing and growing despite our share price suggesting otherwise, my
confidence level has never waned (well maybe slightly) but like many already know, our fundamentals are very solid, and yes, I can confirm
I still haven't sold any further shares, unlike some I could name, good luck traders.

Tech x
The share price has dropped from $1.50 to 20 cents ,you keep being upbeat but the share price stinks and the lack I.P annoucements

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

MDhere

Regular
I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one of those BRN USB bottle openers.
You can imagine my disappointment when I plugged it in and didn't see a folder named "Current NDA's..
Bottle opener? Was i sleeping when they were offered??

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

GStocks123

Regular
Sean is speaking amongst some top tier CO’s- This may deliver some promising news. Very interested to see if Oculi present on anything around Akida.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Jasonk

Regular
Does anyone know what Pia spoke about or if any transcripts are available? Have not seen to much posted unless I am going blind which could be true. Was she at the event on behalf on BRN?

Screenshot_20231116_161328_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
Screenshot_20231116_161401_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Reuben

Founding Member
Hey FF,

So what the gossip on why Chris Stevens left?? 😜

Was he pushed or left on his own free will? I promise I won’t tell anyone what you say.. 😂
Maybe chris Stevens got an offer that he couldn't refuse, just an assumption...

Anyways looks like we will get another fantastic sales guy soon...

Reactions: 11 users

Zedjack33

Regular
I think it maybe a bit like when you first cast your line.
You take an educated guess on just what tackle to use, what bait to try, where to drop your anchor given the prevailing conditions, tides, currents and with regard to what the other fisher folk are doing.
Now, maybe you get lucky first time out.
Maybe you decide you need a bigger boat?
Or spinners rather than that nice white bait Grandpa suggested.
Who knows, its a moving feast and some find success in the narrows, some in the deep.
We persevere, learning as we go, perfecting our skillset and offering.
It takes as long as it takes, but the worst day fishin' beats the best day workin', hands down.
Nah mate.

You should already know the species ur targeting and have the right gear, where to be and when.

Otherwise u might as well just do a drift and hope that something comes along.

Know ur target and use the right gear.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Tik tok

IMG_7817.jpeg

What a prestigious recognition from the tech world! 😃

We are so proud to be a CES 2024 Innovation Award Honoree for our Valeo SCALA 3 LiDAR in the "Vehicle Tech & Advanced Mobility" category. 🏆💚

With its high density point cloud and associated AI-based perception software, Valeo SCALA 3 enables high speed autonomous driving on highways in a wider range of conditions, dramatically increasing the end-user value of Level 3 systems through a large extension of their domain of operation and the scalability of Level 4 robotaxi fleet.

Marc Vrecko, President of Valeo Comfort and Driving Assistance explains "Valeo was among the first actors of the automotive industry to believe in LiDAR’s role as the keystone of autonomous mobility. We are honored to receive a CES 2024 Innovation Award that recognizes our vision and technological leadership. Today, as most OEMs work on bringing Level 3 autonomy to the market, we are ready to support them with our best-in-class technology.”

Congrats to the team ! 👏

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

We developed a neural network that allows us to represent a large system in a very compact way. That compactness means it requires fewer computing resources compared to state-of-the-art convolutional neural network architectures, making it well-suited to field deployment on drones, sensor arrays and other edge-computing applications that put computation closer to its end use.

Javier Santos, Researcher, Los Alamos National Laboratory​

Natural-Language Models Enable AI Edge Computing Applications​

Nov 15 2023Reviewed by Skyla Baily
An innovative method of artificial intelligence (AI) allows for the reconstruction of a huge field of data, such as total ocean temperature, from a small number of field-deployable sensors utilizing low-powered “edge” computing, with extensive applications in industry, science, and medicine.

An innovation in using natural language models brings artificial intelligence to field deployable sensors, including drones. Los Alamos National Laboratory is exploring the AI technology for locating and characterizing orphaned oil and gas wells that emit climate-warming methane. Image Credit: Los Alamos National Laboratory

We developed a neural network that allows us to represent a large system in a very compact way. That compactness means it requires fewer computing resources compared to state-of-the-art convolutional neural network architectures, making it well-suited to field deployment on drones, sensor arrays and other edge-computing applications that put computation closer to its end use.
Javier Santos, Researcher, Los Alamos National Laboratory​

Novel AI Approach Boosts Computing Efficiency​

Santos is the first author of a study published in Nature Machine Intelligence by a team of Los Alamosresearchers on the revolutionary AI technique known as Senseiver. The research, which is based on a Google AI model called Perceiver IO, combines natural-language model techniques such as ChatGPT to the problem of reconstructing knowledge about a large area — such as the ocean — from just a few measurements.

The researchers understood that due to the model’s efficiency, it would be widely applicable.

Using fewer parameters and less memory requires fewer central processing unit cycles on the computer, so it runs faster on smaller computers.
Dan O’Malley, Study Co-Author and Researcher, Los Alamos National Laboratory​

Santos and his Los Alamos colleagues validated the model in a first for the published literature by showing its performance on complex three-dimensional fluids datasets and real-world sets of sparse data, or information gathered from sensors that cover only a small portion of the field of interest.

The group used a sea-surface temperature dataset from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to apply the model to and show off the practical uses of the Senseiver. The model successfully combined several readings from satellites and ship sensors that were collected over several decades. The model forecasted temperatures over the whole ocean based on these sparse point measurements, which gives global climate models valuable data.

Bringing AI to Drones and Sensor Networks​

The Senseiver is a good fit for several of Los Alamos’s research initiatives and fields of interest.

Los Alamos has a wide range of remote sensing capabilities, but it’s not easy to use AI because models are too big and don’t fit on devices in the field, which leads us to edge computing. Our work brings the benefits of AI to drones, networks of field-based sensors and other applications currently beyond the reach of cutting-edge AI technology.
Hari Viswanathan, Study Co-Author and Fellow, Environmental Scientist, Los Alamos National Laboratory​
The AI model will be especially helpful for the Lab's orphaned well identification and characterization tasks. The Lab is in charge of the federal program called Consortium Advancing Technology for Assessment of Lost Oil & Gas Wells (CATALOG), which is supported by the Department of Energy.

Its duties include identifying and evaluating wells that are illegally orphaned and quantifying the methane emissions they produce. Viswanathan is CATALOG’s lead scientist.

Large-scale, useful applications like self-driving cars, remote asset modeling in oil and gas, patient monitoring in healthcare, cloud gaming, content delivery, and contamination tracing can all benefit from the approach’s enhanced capabilities.

The Laboratory Directed Research and Development program at Los Alamos National Laboratory, the DOE Office of Science, Basic Energy Sciences, Fossil Energy and Carbon Management, Undocumented Orphan Wells program, and the Department of Energy’s Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, Geoscience Research, provided funding for this work.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Damo4

Regular
Bottle opener? Was i sleeping when they were offered??
USB drive with the loop section doubling as a bottle opener. Just promo material for these sessions, not for sale.

Btw is there some sort of time-out function for new 'emerged' accounts. I see a few accounts here that have a post history yet I know for a fact I did not see their past messages until now. I recognize the specific pages they have apparently posted on and they didn't at the time.
In one case I got a notification this morning of a quoted reply, yet the poster replied Oct 4th.
Obvious troll accounts too

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
So based on what you've said about the meeting, is it fair to assume that the investor podcast was re-scheduled in order to afford you and a few select investors first dibs at the information? It certainly appears that way 🤔

You're sounding miserable buddy. Have you been banned from the crapper or something?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Hi Ethinvestor

The company fundamentals have continued to improve and accrue unrealised shareholder value in my opinion.

It has been confirmed by the CEO Sean Hehir in person to myself and others that Brainchip has succeeded in developing and running a number of Large Language Models, LLMs, on AKIDA 2.0 and that AKIDA 3.0 is on track and that its primary purpose will be to focus on running LLM's as its point of technology difference.

It was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that assuming there is no interruption to present planning AKIDA 3.0 will make an appearance next year. It is still anticipated that a demonstration AKIDA 2.0 chip will be produced. Presently sophisticated customers who have experience of the AKD1000 commercial chip have expressed confidence in their ability to assess AKIDA 2.0 based solely on the IP and all those who were referred to as being given early access at the beginning of 2023 are now engaged or engaged again with Brainchip assessing and discussing AKIDA 2.0 and the commercial opportunities.

I assume that you have seen the list of publicly acknowledged engagements with the AKD1000 chip which totals about 40 companies. Well with the assistance of the mathematical superstar Blind Freddie I have been able to calculate that as Sean Hehir said in his recent podcast that about 75% of current engagements are in respect of AKIDA 2.0 then the raw number of companies based on 40 companies being 25% of current engagements then this would mean 120 companies are engaged currently in respect of AKIDA 2.0.

Hopefully it is clear in the above paragraph that these numbers are based solely on the known AKD1000 engagements confirmed in writing by Tony Dawe a couple of months ago. Since that time there has been multiple confirmations by Brainchip employees that Brainchip's engagements includes companies that wish to remain anonymous but what we do know is that Rob Telson in a presentation in the last few months stated they have many hundreds of companies testing AKIDA technology via Brainchip's Boxes and Raspberry Pi offerings.

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that the cost to Brainchip of the first ever neuromorphic EDGE Box being produced and marketed by VVDN is not material. The sale price of the VVDN EDGE Box is expected to be very, very competitive and it will be aimed at retail and security applications. In retail a likely application will be stock control on shelves.

While Brainchip will have it as an offering on their website they will primarily be using it for sales purposes as it provides an opportunity to show a real world product being benchmarked against other in the market products from Nvidia and the like. It was also confirmed that Brainchip has a significant stockpile of the AKD1000 chips sufficient to meet any ongoing demand from VVDN for the EDGE Box and their own internal requirements to keep producing the Box and Raspberry Pi for customers to trial.

It was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that the AKD1000 chip was definitely not a failure and that it is an extraordinary engineering and scientific achievement but that it was narrowly focused excluding many market opportunities which has been addressed by AKIDA 2.0 which is a creature of customer feedback and requests as they explored the possible use cases of AKD1000.

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that the partnership between Nvidia and Edge Impulse has significant flow on benefits to Brainchip in that it allows potential customers to directly port Nvidia software and models onto AKIDA technology greatly expanding the applications already created and provided in the AKIDA Model Zoo. There is absolutely no downside to this as far as Brainchip is concerned and in fact should encourage consideration of AKIDA technology once potential customers can see the advantages that accrue in using AKIDA over other offerings.

It was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO that TENNS can be used with other technology and improve that technologies performance however to maximise its performance a customer would be advised to run it with AKIDA. (This confirmed Diogenes's suggestion that TENNS could find its own place in the market.)

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO to myself and others that they have not lost out to any competitor product during customer assessments and those customer engagements that have not proceeded have been as a result of issues within the target companies. One company they had won and expected to sign a contract with, overnight closed down its operation and laid off some thousands of workers.

It was also confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO, Geoff Carrick Director and Tony Dawe that all the publicly notified companies continue to engage with Brainchip.

As mentioned in my previous post it was confirmed by Sean Hehir CEO that they now have over 80 employees and expect to appoint the replacement for Chris Stevens shortly. Sean Hehir CEO stated that he is very pleased with the proposed appointment.

One further thing I would add of interest is that Sean Hehir also confirmed to myself and others that AKIDA technology has shown the ability to be applied for noise cancellation in headphones and hearing aids.

I should also add that this meeting took place on 6 November, 2023 in Sydney.

My opinion and recollection only but others may wish to confirm the accuracy of the above and remember to DYOR.

Regards

Fact Finder

Wow, I love this post - thank you.
Can I ask some questions for clarification - what was this meeting that you refer to in Sydney on the 6th of Novemeber? Was it just a meeting with Brainchip employees? If not, and you and/ or others where there, how were you invited? or was it open for anyone to attend? Can you please elaborate?
Thanks!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

misslou

Founding Member
You're sounding miserable buddy. Have you been banned from the crapper or something?
God it’s annoying having to ignore the same person over and over again every time they re-emerge with a new username pretending to be another person.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom