BRN Discussion Ongoing

TECH

Regular

Nice post...you are another solid contributor to our forum, so I thank you as I'm sure many others do as well, your post above is
right on point, many times a number of former and current staff have indicated we are in a "sweet spot" (like lidar) and expect solid traction from the smart health industry moving forward.

Keep digging, those diamonds are deep !

Love Akida 💘

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
"It's funny how they portray me as a basher here and in the German forum as a pusher"

Wow, basher posts must be brutal in Germany! 😳
You should have witnessed the comment section after the 2$ drop
It’s nothing like hotcrapper or tsex have witnessed before

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Replace "High School" with "TSEx"

Reactions: 2 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
*Some seed for the forum chooks*

Bodes well for BRN IMO

Arm unveils Total Design ecosystem​

Arm’s Neoverse Compute Subsystems (CSS) has been a faster, lower-risk path to custom silicon for infrastructure, and has provided Arm technology in a new way, delivering pre-integrated and pre-verified solutions that brings more value than discrete IP to the company’s various partners.

https://www.newelectronics.co.uk/content/news/arm-unveils-total-design-ecosystem

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

davidfitz

Regular
Nice post...you are another solid contributor to our forum, so I thank you as I'm sure many others do as well, your post above is
right on point, many times a number of former and current staff have indicated we are in a "sweet spot" (like lidar) and expect solid traction from the smart health industry moving forward.

Keep digging, those diamonds are deep !

Love Akida 💘
Hmmm, haven't got a lot of time these days to dig. However, if anyone thinks it will be worthwhile maybe delve into what happened between Biotome and Cardea Bio. Cardea was recently taken over by Paragraf but I cannot tell if they are still working with Biotome. Their website does not get updated enough to know!

• Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Thank you for the detailed response. But once again, I'm not writing negatively, and I am definitely aware of how Brainchip's model works. I've done enough research even before Brainchip presented their packaging with the robot to us, etc. There was absolutely nothing at that time, and yet I invested. I can't help it if you can't filter out the positive aspects of my posts. So, let me make it clear. No matter what the current stock price is and even if the company is holding back, Brainchip will make us happy. You just have to read between the lines. It's funny how they portray me as a basher here and in the German forum as a pusher. 😂

1697702630380.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Good afternoon to all Chippers, I would like to thank all positive contributors who keep on posting about the progress of Brainchip's technology especially those news about the potential customers using it in their products, it tells me that this company is a long term winner, so the sensible things to do is keep on investing and just wait for the reward..
What is a fair investment in Brn, I have 200k of shares

AI Hardware w/ Jim Keller:

In this video Jim Keller (CEO of Tenstorrent) talks about Tenstorrent's concept for their AI/ML hardware and compares it to GPU architectures etc.

At some point he starts to compare these concepts to the structure of the human brain and mentions "cortical columns" (which we know from some of the Brainchip podcasts is also something PvM is interested to bring on the table for Akida's future). This is probably another concept out of the field of neuro science that therefore also found its way into the field of ML/AI and isn't anything exclusive to Brainchip. But nonetheless nice to hear other important players thinking in the same direction and maybe defining one of next Buzz-words ;)

What I found even more interesting is another quote from Mr. Keller @32:27 regarding model training vs learning:

... and there's a whole bunch of research to do on this because I'm pretty sure our brain doesn't train.

Does everybody realize this? This is the funniest thing you know, you start training with complicated things you end training with complicated things and it's all incremental changes.

No human has ever learned that way. We start with really simple things but as you learn you make quantitative leaps.
And the human data rate for training is really low. We do a maximum of 10 million inferences a year.

It's really interesting. So trainings, I promise you, training is going to change.
It doesn't make any sense training a computer for three months on the internet with infimal edits to weights.

No human beings ever learned anything that way it's not a thing.

So however it will be implemented (hardware, software, spiking or else) one-shot and few-shot learning seems to become more important for the coming generations of ML/AI tech (at least according to to Mr. VanderMade and Mr. Keller).

What I'm still wondering or trying to understand is, if and how the self-learned knowledge inside of one or multiple hardware chips can be returned back to a more central instance/pool to actually get insights what and how the device actually learned to check for plausability etc.

But maybe I'm just trying to warp my head around too much things way above my pay grade ...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Sally Ward Foxton answered my question to the Propheese GenX360 on Twitter. They dont use it specifically.

I hope this news is not old, haven't read for a while here.

Actually she doesn’t say they don’t use it as you infer.
She answers “The prophesee sensor is neuromorphic; this is designed for use with either BrainChip or Synsense or any type of regular processor.”
So it is possible that BrainChip is used.

• Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Ian

Founding Member

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Diogenese

Top 20
AI Hardware w/ Jim Keller:

In this video Jim Keller (CEO of Tenstorrent) talks about Tenstorrent's concept for their AI/ML hardware and compares it to GPU architectures etc.

At some point he starts to compare these concepts to the structure of the human brain and mentions "cortical columns" (which we know from some of the Brainchip podcasts is also something PvM is interested to bring on the table for Akida's future). This is probably another concept out of the field of neuro science that therefore also found its way into the field of ML/AI and isn't anything exclusive to Brainchip. But nonetheless nice to hear other important players thinking in the same direction and maybe defining one of next Buzz-words ;)

What I found even more interesting is another quote from Mr. Keller @32:27 regarding model training vs learning:

So however it will be implemented (hardware, software, spiking or else) one-shot and few-shot learning seems to become more important for the coming generations of ML/AI tech (at least according to to Mr. VanderMade and Mr. Keller).

What I'm still wondering or trying to understand is, if and how the self-learned knowledge inside of one or multiple hardware chips can be returned back to a more central instance/pool to actually get insights what and how the device actually learned to check for plausability etc.

But maybe I'm just trying to warp my head around too much things way above my pay grade ...

Hi CMF,

Jim is famously on record in an interview with Sally Ward-Foxton as dismissing "that spiky thingy" out of hand, but maybe that was the reefer talking.

PvdM built federated learning into the first patent, and it was divided out as a separate patent:

US10410117B2 Method and a system for creating dynamic neural function libraries

A method for creating a dynamic neural function library that relates to Artificial Intelligence systems and devices is provided. Within a dynamic neural network (artificial intelligent device), a plurality of control values are autonomously generated during a learning process and thus stored in synaptic registers of the artificial intelligent device that represent a training model of a task or a function learned by the artificial intelligent device. Control Values include, but are not limited to, values that indicate the neurotransmitter level that is present in the synapse, the neurotransmitter type, the connectome, the neuromodulator sensitivity, and other synaptic, dendric delay and axonal delay parameters. These values form collectively a training model. Training models are stored in the dynamic neural function library of the artificial intelligent device. The artificial intelligent device copies the function library to an electronic data processing device memory that is reusable to train another artificial intelligent device.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Taproot

Regular

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Jannemann

Actually she doesn’t say they don’t use it as you infer.
She answers “The prophesee sensor is neuromorphic; this is designed for use with either BrainChip or Synsense or any type of regular processor.”
So it is possible that BrainChip is used.
Yep. There is still hope...

It sounds like it's open for every neuromorphic company. If Propheese already decided for akida they could tell it.. but they haven't yet.

Reactions: 4 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Good to see BRN and Honda back in talks again guys

1697708081239.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Jumpchooks

Regular

On the ABC tonight, worth watching

• Love

Perhaps

Regular
Yep. There is still hope...

It sounds like it's open for every neuromorphic company. If Propheese already decided for akida they could tell it.. but they haven't yet.
Again and again. Prophesee builds neuromorphic sensor chips on their own. To reach a wide acceptance on the market they make the sensor compatible with all common and future systems, may it be Qualcomm, Nvidia or neuromorphic systems like Brainchip or SynSense. There is a difference between the sensor and the system the sensor is running on. Inside the sensor the use of Akida just makes no sense.

• Thinking

7für7

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GStocks123

Regular
A possible John Deere link

Attachments

• IMG_3935.jpeg
    IMG_3935.jpeg