BRN Discussion Ongoing

MDhere

Regular
My apparent vigil was simply due to the fact that I live in a different time zone from you… 😉
So it was actually way before my usual bedtime when I hit the send button.
Saying that, I have indeed posted at ungodly hours before, after getting myself into a state of sleuthing flow and totally losing track of time. Luckily, I get by on very little sleep…

I hope that I still get to keep the award, though? 😊
Come to Australia at the next Agm and i will have the award ready for u 👍👍i will mark it in my diary

Reactions: 6 users

MDhere

Regular
Hmmm taking about diarys I read somewhere can't remember where or what it about but i believe brn might need me to come along as an interpreter in Biarritz in March 2024 :) Don't mind me ive come back from another cold melb trip to sunny 28 degrees brissie weather with some pinot gris basking in the sun preparing for my Biarritz tax deduction business trip. is that permitted as brn is an invesrnent and im going for research ??

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Pappagallo

Regular

Disgusted Oh No GIF by Yellowstone

Claim “uncertainty” about Akida 2.0 but don’t elaborate, just reference a previous MF article that also claims “uncertainty” but again doesn’t elaborate.

Lol these MF articles really are dumb as dogshit.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

JB49

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Iseki

Regular
Claim “uncertainty” about Akida 2.0 but don’t elaborate, just reference a previous MF article that also claims “uncertainty” but again doesn’t elaborate.

Well Brainchip tapes out akd1500 chip means that the chip has been through a lot of theoretical tests and it has passed. ie there isn't much risk about actually making them. But there is that last step. Brainchip could spend $4mill and produce a pile of them and hand them out. So MF are casting shade on Brainchip for not wasting $4mill in this exercise which isn't necessary if Brainchip know there are already other OEM's going to manufacture the chip.

Reactions: 1 users

manny100

Regular
Great yes but this should be looked from inside to out imo; if it’s Prophesee’s sensor that Akida would be integrated into then Prophesee would be the one taking out an Akida licence; if Akida tech and the Prophesee sensor remain separate then Sony would probably be taking the licence and as it looks like they would probably go thru Megachips in that case. I can’t see Qualcomm being a part of this - they would only care about the resultant SoC in either case.
Unless they are obtaining the chips from Renesas who are due to have their chips rolling off the production line..
That way they could maintain privacy for competitive reasons.
If they obtained a licence from BRN it would have to be the subject of an ASX an announcement.
Renesas would be producing its AKIDA chips for its clients.
What client(s) is the question.

Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

Solid Track record

1691995483725.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

McHale

Regular
Reactions: 6 users

rgupta

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1779206/FULLTEXT01.pdf

Not sure if shared before. Decent study, but noted that its still early days. Suggested using other architectures that could perhaps yield more promising results than akida.
Hi JB49,

It's good to see Akida being used in University projects.

The comment that

"Investigation of other neural network architectures: Instead of using the AkidaNet ImageNet model, exploring different architectures could perhaps yield more promising results. Such architectures might include ResNet, Inception, or EfficientNet."

is not directed at the Akida SoC processor circuit. It is talking about the NN model.

The research question was:

"1.1 Research Question
How does the number of new images used, the number of neurons per class in the classification layer and the neuron weight affect the performance of edge learning of a spiking neural network implemented on BrainChip’s AKD1000 neuromorphic processor
?"

The project was examining the effect of variations on the configuration and model parameters on the performance of Akida 1000.

MobilNet is an open source CNN model. AkidaNet is Brainchip's adaptation of Mobilnet to run on Akida's 4 bit NPUs.

PvdM's "4 Bits are Enough" explains AkidaNet.

https://brainchip.com/4-bits-are-enough/ :

“Table 1 provides the accuracy of several 4-bit CNN networks comparable to floating-point accuracies. For example, AkidaNet is a version of Mobilnet optimized for 4-bit classification, and many other example networks can be downloaded from the Brainchip website. In the quantization column below, ‘a’/’b’/’c’ where ‘a’ means weights bits for first layer, ‘b’ means weights bits for subsequent layers, ‘c’ means output activation map bits for every layer.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Well Brainchip tapes out akd1500 chip means that the chip has been through a lot of theoretical tests and it has passed. ie there isn't much risk about actually making them. But there is that last step. Brainchip could spend $4mill and produce a pile of them and hand them out. So MF are casting shade on Brainchip for not wasting $4mill in this exercise which isn't necessary if Brainchip know there are already other OEM's going to manufacture the chip.

F26U1Z7W0AACn3d.jpg

Which articles did you write?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

McHale

Regular
Was it the original syn?
Well they were synning before BRN got involved in the story.

But if the prophesee is correct it will BRN who is winning.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

TopCat

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Great read

The real-time responsiveness of the neuromorphic vision sensors enables the robotic drilling systems to adapt swiftly to changes in the drilling environment. This dynamic adaptability is particularly valuable in scenarios where the drilling targets were not static or when unexpected obstacles emerged during the drilling process. By continuously analyzing the visual data and making rapid adjustments, the robotic drilling system is able to maintain its precision and ensure optimal drilling outcomes.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just saw a video of this on my news feed, but can't find it now.

Aria Research

Aria is an Australian company, looking for "sophisticated" investors, so not on ASX yet.

It is for echolocation glasses for vision impaired people.

It uses video object recognition with framing boxes and tells the user what the object is and also identifies its location.

They boast an all-day battery.

It collaborates with Sydney Uni, UTS, DISER, and a couple of others.

They are looking to recruit for clinical trials.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Just saw a video of this on my news feed, but can't find it now.

Aria Research

Aria is an Australian company, looking for "sophisticated" investors, so not on ASX yet.

It is for echolocation glasses for vision impaired people.

It uses video object recognition with framing boxes and tells the user what the object is and also identifies its location.

They boast an all-day battery.

It collaborates with Sydney Uni, UTS, DISER, and a couple of others.

They are looking to recruit for clinical trials.
Saw a story on these guys on 9 news earlier. Maybe that's where you saw it?

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Saw a story on these guys on 9 news earlier. Maybe that's where you saw it?
Yes. Thanks AE.

I found a US patent for a company called ARIA Tech:

US10078971B2 Media streaming methods, apparatus and systems 20140903

1692015697733.png

It seems very close, if antique technology from 2014.

Given their claimed 1 day battery life, I did mention Akida to Aria.

Techniques and systems are provided for assisting a user through a guidance mode activity. Such a user may be visually or otherwise impaired, or a user requiring help for other reasons. In some embodiments, a client device, held or worn by the user, may comprise a video capture device and several sensors, and may send video data and sensor data to a server. The server may comprise a processor and artificial intelligence. The server may send the video data and sensor data to an agent device. The agent device may provide content for display on an agent interface. An agent may view the agent interface, and assist the user in real time through audio instructions or other feedback.

[0121] For example, algorithms based on convolutional neural networks can be applied to video data feed received from the client device. A determination can be made as to whether the video data feed contains a specific feature, object, or activity. Such features, objects, or activities can be specified to the algorithm as predefined input. In other aspects, features, objects, and activities may be learned

The principles of Aria Research are US entrepreneurs.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

jtardif999

Regular
No relevance to our AKIDA.

The word AKIDA, in Brainchip AKIDA comes from the Greek word meaning spike (ie as in SNN - "Spiking" Neural Network).

In conrtext, to African and/or islamic cultures, there is also a word called Akida, however it has a meaning of certain, firm, etc.

Therefore, there is no link between the 2.

For those interested, Akida is also an African name, such as in Esse Akida. She is a Kenyan soccer player who plays in onr of the major leagues in Europe.
Maybe BRN should sponsor her 😎

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

jtardif999

Regular
Well they were synning before BRN got involved in the story.

But if the prophesee is correct it will BRN who is winning.
So syners are not necessarily winners 🤓

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom