BRN Discussion Ongoing

Whilst I was checking LinkedIn with Jen's.....quite liking this employee....just saying :)

This sort of quality no doubt supports recent developments of Akida and PVDM, Anil and the team very well.

Olivier Coenen​

Senior Research Scientist, Brainchip​

BrainChip University of California, San Diego​

San Diego County, California, United States
2K followers 500+ connections​

About​

Olivier Coenen has been an early pioneer of brain-inspired processing and modeling with applications to robotics and autonomous systems.

Olivier has led the implementation of event-based methods and algorithms for event-based vision sensors, including fast recognition short-latency object and action recognition using deep event-based networks and spiking networks, event-based: object tracking, stereo vision, optic flow, IMU-driven image stabilization, online frequency estimation, image registration, noise removal, resolution upscaler, image reconstruction from vision data. These have been applied on flying drones, land vehicles, in the retail domain, surveillance & security and others.

Olivier adapted deep networks, such as Transformers, to image processing and context-dependent recognition to retail applications, with implementations in Tensorflow, PyTorch, network compilers and optimizers for accelerator hardware.

At Brain Corp, Olivier developed neural network "models of the motor control system" and designed "artificial nervous systems for UAVs" (small commercial drones). His work directly contributed to closing Series B with Qualcomm Ventures & generated tens of patents.

Olivier established the Neuroscience Group at the Sony Computer Science Laboratory, Paris, which developed technologies in signal processing, machine learning and robotic control inspired from brain processing.

He created and led 6 funding grants, with 2 major projects totaling over 12 million dollars in funding and received 16 academic awards and fellowships.

Olivier has the ability to bring together knowledge from many different sources, identify novel directions, anticipate problems well in advance, establish connections btw apparently disparate areas is one his strengths, which brings in novel perspectives.

In 2004, for example, Olivier created the project SENSOPAC to evolve the state-of-the-art in robotic touch and manipulation, from tactile processing to sensor designs. Clearly, humans and other primates attained tactile information very differently than engineers' approaches. By bringing together roboticists and touch physiologists, the resulting awakening led to the development of one of the most advanced tactile sensors for robot manipulation existing today, the BioTac of SynTouch, LLC.

Olivier was an early adopter at UCSD of artificial neural networks, or parallel distributed processing (PDP) before they became known as deep learning with pioneers such as Terry Sejnowski, Geoff Hinton, D. Rumelhart, R. Hecht-Nielsen, M. Jordan, G. Cottrell, and many others.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hey @Fullmoonfever - wouldn’t it be awesome if it hadn’t simply been your “copy and paste” function that dropped the fullstop symbol between BrainChip and University of California, San Diego?
Or are you clairvoyant by any chance? 🔮 🤣

89E4228D-9E1F-4EAA-A794-78050072A306.jpeg

CDB36163-626F-4344-BCC2-68FF536DEE8C.jpeg

Attachments

• 09FCADB4-6F23-43D9-82CF-E8E3B25E5DA0.jpeg
    09FCADB4-6F23-43D9-82CF-E8E3B25E5DA0.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Interesting…. Sensors galore, lasts 7 days on single charge and tests 70 odd parameters, very cheap (circa $40), coming to market soon, taking preorders ….interesting indeed….

Do recall the company saying we have a lot of use cases in the “wearables” sector. I wonder if…

Thoughts?

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Reactions: 2 users

TopCat

Regular
I definitely like seeing Carnegie Mellon and Toyota in the same sentence 😀

Working with colleagues from Toyota, the University of California, Berkeley, and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, the CMU researchers developed a framework called MoTok(opens in new window) that enables the computer to identify features of things it sees moving on its own. MoTok then uses these features to reconstruct the object, allowing the computer to discover the object in a way that enables it to find that same object again.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Tony Coles

Regular
You gotta check this out. From Arm, and take what you want from it.

I believe revenue is just around the corner!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 81 users

schuey

Regular
Screenshot_20230728-055128.png

• Fire
Reactions: 29 users

chapman89

Founding Member
You gotta check this out. From Arm, and take what you want from it.

I believe revenue is just around the corner!

Thanks for posting.

Now we know that not only is Brainchip compatible with the whole ARM range, but we are compatible with ARM’s highest cortex, the M85 and I haven’t seen anybody else compatible announced, even ARM’s own Ethos range isn’t compatible with the M85.

ARM showcased our IP at embedded world.
Renesas was the first in the world to showcase the M85 and they showcased it with Brainchips IP as well.

The M85 is for high compute power.
Not long now 🔥

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 120 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Podcast is up

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Thanks for posting.

Now we know that not only is Brainchip chip compatible with the whole ARM range, but we are compatible with ARM’s highest cortex, the M85 and I haven’t seen anybody else compatible announced, even ARM’s own Ethos range isn’t compatible with the M85.

ARM showcased our IP at embedded world.
Renesas was the first in the world to showcase the M85 and they showcased it with Brainchips IP as well.

The M85 is for high compute power.
Not long now 🔥

Hi @chapman89

I know we were around at EW and spoken about too but I thought it was Plummerai, Renesas were running on the M85?

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

MDhere

Regular
Wasn't there something not long ago on this or being liked by Rob or someone?

Seems our S&BD Dir also likes it :unsure:

View attachment 40937 View attachment 40938
Nice post Fmf! not sure how many have listened to the podcast but instead of rob asking xho is yr super hero he asks what song plays! low and behold the responses are ozzy osborne and black Sabbath ! now if i were to guess the chances of FMF post here and the music behind the video that comes with this clip i would be correct in saying it has ozzy Osborne black Sabbath attached! Some might call my crazy but i call it dot joining to the next level!! 😀

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

MDhere

Regular
heres what im taking about - @Fullmoonfever and @AusEire thanks for allowing me to join some possible dots!!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Hi @chapman89

I know we were around at EW and spoken about too but I thought it was Plummerai, Renesas were running on the M85?
Hi @Fullmoonfever, I am 75% sure that there was an article that said that Renesas also showcased m85 with akida in it, i may be mistaken.

Nonetheless, ARM using akida in the M85 is 🔥

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

TheDon

Regular
Podcast is up

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the guy from tenstorrent is clueless about Akida and what Brainchip is doin.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

MDhere

Regular
I'm honestly in awe of your dot . Actually blown away.
true but my belief is we are in the solution somewhere with these types of tractor's and whist im not sure about carbon robotics, a similar adoption is occurring with blue river tech (john deere) and blue flag robotics. and this picture also resembles Brainchips tractor. so with the talk of black Sabbath and tractors, there has to be a connection somewhere. Be it nvidia (carbon robotics) and Bear flag robotics John Deere. Damn you dots. u got me liking black sabbath. lol
Screenshot_20230728-094342_Chrome.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Whose got their bid in for 1 million at 37cents this morning?
Is it you Rocket finally getting in your super dollars? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Jfibbo

Have we looked Dryad Networks.....
Early forest fire detection. Didnt register for the Whitepaper but some familiar buzzy terms used in capability statements and marketing material.

1690502109454.png
1690502225764.png

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom