BRN Discussion Ongoing

JB49

Regular
The question this poses is, does this mean they are already using neuromorphic in their current ADAS, or is this them starting their initial research

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is from Renesas "machine learning" web:

e-AI Solution | Renesas

e-AI Solution | Renesas

Optimal MCU/MPU Choices by AI Application Type

There are many AI application examples, and the requirements for memory size and performance are different. Refer to the following figure to choose which MCU/MPU is best for your AI application.

1688188954994.png

As you will note, they are heavily into promoting their in-house DRP-AI, but they have previously mentioned that they saw Akida as a solution for low power applications.

They have plotted Memory v Performance, so I imagine they would see Akida as fitting n the lower left of the chart, the RE, RA, RX, RL series MCUs. That's not to say that Akida could not do all the work ... but when you've spent 10 years developing this natty DRP-AI ...

The RL78 is a low power MCU:

RL78 Low Power 8 & 16-bit MCUs | Renesas

Akida does not yet appear in Renesas publicity because they have not launched their Akida MCU yet, but I think this is the area Renesas contemplate using Akida.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users

manny100

Regular
https://jobs.mercedes-benz.com/job/...?trk=feed_main-feed-card_feed-article-content

Mercedes advertising for position working with spiking neural networks and neuromorphic computing for ADAS
Looks like BRN involved for sure IMO given our known connection with Mercedes.
" AI development of middleware software (compatible with spiking Neurals".
From Why Invest on the BRN website (1 reason out of 7 listed):
" Marquee brands include Mercedes, Valeo, Vorago, and NASA, and commercial IP licenses with Renesas and MegaChips. Commercial availability of semiconductor chips, IP, tools, and boards."
My bold.
Good pick up JB49.

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Has been posted before, defs worth another read tho!
Wasn't sure but worth posting a second time 😉

Reactions: 10 users

Jchandel

Regular
Reactions: 7 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
AiLabs Inc | Ai Labs Inc
AiLabs Inc

Success with a Comprehensive AI Strategy

In today's fast-paced and ever-evolving landscape, having a well-defined AI strategy is crucial for organizations looking to harness the full potential of artificial intelligence. At Ai Labs Inc., we understand the importance of a proper AI strategy and its impact on achieving desired outcomes.

Maximizing Opportunities:
An effective AI strategy empowers organizations to capitalize on the vast opportunities presented by AI technologies. By strategically integrating AI into their operations, businesses can gain a competitive edge, drive innovation, and unlock new revenue streams.

Addressing Risks:
AI implementation comes with its own set of challenges and risks. A robust AI strategy helps organizations navigate the ethical, legal, and societal considerations associated with AI adoption. By proactively addressing these risks, organizations can ensure responsible AI deployment and build trust among stakeholders.

Resource Optimization:
A well-defined AI strategy ensures efficient allocation of resources, including talent, technology, and infrastructure. By aligning resources with business goals and priorities, organizations can optimize their investments, streamline processes, and achieve desired outcomes effectively.

Future Readiness:
The AI landscape is constantly evolving, with new advancements and breakthroughs emerging regularly. A clear AI strategy enables organizations to stay agile and adaptable, positioning them for future success. By embracing a forward-thinking approach, businesses can embrace emerging AI technologies and stay ahead of the curve.

At Ai Labs Inc., we specialize in helping organizations develop and implement comprehensive AI strategies that unlock their true potential. With our expertise and deep understanding of AI technologies, we can guide you in crafting a tailored AI strategy that aligns with your unique business objectives.

Take the first step towards AI success and future-proof your organization with Ai Labs Inc. Let us be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of AI adoption and maximizing the benefits of this transformative technology.

1688205105680.png

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

rgupta

Regular
I was looking at hotcrapper after a long time and one thing I found missing is shareman from that platform.
Had anyone noticed the same? Does it mean a positive turn around is just round the corner?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users
Our new ASIC Verification Engineer - former employer was Siemens EDA

His last role was Product Engineer, serving as product expert for Verification IP - specifically AMBA (Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture), memory and A&D (Aerospace and Defense) protocols

Is someone gearing up to roll out a product?

1688207003253.png

1688207032458.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users
S

Straw

I was looking at hotcrapper after a long time and one thing I found missing is shareman from that platform.
Had anyone noticed the same? Does it mean a positive turn around is just round the corner?
Maybe it returned whence it came.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Looks like our mates at CMU have an open position like MB.

This one working with various AI incl neuromorphic in conjunction with their DoD and Intelligence Community customers.

Senior Software Developer - Artificial Intelligence
Carnegie Mellon University

APPLY NOW

Details
Posted: 01-Jul-23
Type: Full-time
Salary: Open
Categories:
Staff/Administrative

Internal Number: 2019906

What We Do
At the SEI AI Division, we conduct research in applied artificial intelligence and the engineering challenges related to the practical design and implementation of AI technologies and systems. We currently lead a community-wide movement to mature the discipline of AI Engineering for Defense and National Security.

As our government customers adopt AI and machine learning to provide leap-ahead mission capabilities, we

* Build real-world, mission-scale AI capabilities through solving practical engineering problems

* Discover and define the processes, practices, and tools to support operationalizing AI for human-centered, robust, secure, and scalable mission capabilities

* Prepare our customers to be ready for the unique challenges of adopting, deploying, using, and maintaining AI capabilities

* Identify and investigate emerging AI and AI-adjacent technologies that are rapidly transforming the technology landscape.....

.....Position Summary: As a senior software developer on our team, you will apply the latest in software and advanced computing research and leading-edge technologies to important and challenging government problems and needs.....

.....Knowledge of Department of Defense and Intelligence Community: You are familiar with DoD or Intelligence Community software systems acquisition practices....

....Technical Experimentation. You'll experiment with emerging technologies such as augmented and virtual reality, computer vision, and deep learning, and explore the latest in advanced hardware, including FPGAs, CGRAs, TPUs, and emergent technologies such as neuromorphic and analog processors.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
This is from Renesas "machine learning" web:

e-AI Solution | Renesas

e-AI Solution | Renesas

Optimal MCU/MPU Choices by AI Application Type

There are many AI application examples, and the requirements for memory size and performance are different. Refer to the following figure to choose which MCU/MPU is best for your AI application.

View attachment 39116

As you will note, they are heavily into promoting their in-house DRP-AI, but they have previously mentioned that they saw Akida as a solution for low power applications.

They have plotted Memory v Performance, so I imagine they would see Akida as fitting n the lower left of the chart, the RE, RA, RX, RL series MCUs. That's not to say that Akida could not do all the work ... but when you've spent 10 years developing this natty DRP-AI ...

The RL78 is a low power MCU:

RL78 Low Power 8 & 16-bit MCUs | Renesas

Akida does not yet appear in Renesas publicity because they have not launched their Akida MCU yet, but I think this is the area Renesas contemplate using Akida.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning all,

With the release (if all's going well) with AKD 2.0 fast approaching it will be very interesting to see if a (few) companies decide that
now is the time to officially sign an IP License agreement.

Early Adopters have already had access to AKD 2.0 (maybe incorrect) as AKD 2.0 has already been touted as being available during
Q3....and from my calculations that equates to some time within the next 65 Business days !

"It has the ability to replace NVIDIA's Jetson series"​

https://monoist.itmedia.co.jp/mn/articles/2306/06/news072_2.html (remember to translate unless you can read Japanese) ;)

Lets see some signatures before years end please :rolleyes:

Tech from a wet and cold Far North (n)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

View attachment 39138

He talks a lot about deep temporal learning. I don't fully understand it but hopefully our TENN's in the 2nd Generation will work in nicely.
From the BrainChip website

Conclusion

Temporal Event-based Neural Networks (TENNs) represent a significant advancement in processing sequential spatiotemporal data. By combining spatial and temporal convolutions, TENNs excel at capturing and exploiting the relationships within sequential data. With their impressive performance, low computational requirements, and wide-ranging applications, TENNs, running on BrainChip’s 2nd Generation Akida IP, are poised to unlock new possibilities in intelligent Edge solutions and empower various industries with highly accurate models for sequential data analysis.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Labsy

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Labsy

Regular
I've got a fuzzy wuzzy feeling about the next 2 weeks... Just love the smell of a new financial year in the air.... Next few months will be very interesting too. Mostly we need to hang in untill Dec Nov... cheers guys.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
S

Straw

I've got a fuzzy wuzzy feeling about the next 2 weeks... Just love the smell of a new financial year in the air.... Next few months will be very interesting too. Mostly we need to hang in untill Dec Nov... cheers guys.
By the looks we will do so well that it'll affect the space-time continuum 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom