BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Lockheed Martin and GlobalFoundries Collaborate to Advance Innovation and Resiliency of Chips for National Security​

June 12, 2023
Collaboration will boost U.S. semiconductor supply chain
for mission-critical security systems, in support of the CHIPS and Science Act
MALTA, N.Y., June 12, 2023 — Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) and GlobalFoundries (Nasdaq: GFS) (GF) today announced a strategic collaboration to advance U.S. semiconductor manufacturing and innovation and to increase the security, reliability and resiliency of domestic supply chains for national security systems. This collaboration will enable Lockheed Martin to more quickly and affordably produce secure solutions that increase the competitiveness and national security of the United States. The announcement was made today at GF’s advanced manufacturing facility in upstate New York with U.S. Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer, Lockheed Martin Chairman, President and CEO Jim Taiclet and GF President and CEO Dr. Thomas Caulfield.
The companies will leverage GF’s differentiated technology and trusted manufacturing practices to increase anti-fragility in microelectronics systems and supply chains. The collaboration will explore critical needs in semiconductor innovation and secure manufacturing across a range of advanced and next-generation chip technologies, including 3D heterogeneous integration for optimized chip packaging that improves performance; silicon photonics for low-power and high-speed data transport; and gallium nitride on silicon to help chips work at higher temperatures. The companies will also work to develop a chiplet ecosystem to produce chips more rapidly and affordably.
The collaboration between Lockheed Martin and GF directly supports the CHIPS and Science Act’s objectives of increasing traceability, provenance, and onshore production of critical semiconductor technologies to strengthen national and economic security and domestic supply chains.
“This major new partnership between GlobalFoundries and Lockheed Martin brings together two giants of Upstate NY industry to ensure that the chips used in the technology that keep our country and our troops safe are made right here in the Capital Region. That means that more of the most complex, critical components we need to protect our national security going forward are going to be stamped ‘Made in New York’,” said Senator Schumer. “I wrote my CHIPS & Science Act to spark partnerships like this that will secure our domestic supply chains and lead to job growth and investment in places like Upstate New York. Now more than ever, we need to secure our supply chains, and make sure the chips that our military relies on are built in places like the Capital Region, not overseas, and GlobalFoundries and Lockheed Martin are leading the charge to ensure that we build America’s tech future here in Upstate NY.”
“Lockheed Martin is focused on delivering cutting-edge 21st Century Security capabilities that advance deterrence and keep our customers ahead of emerging threats,” said Jim Taiclet, chairman, president and CEO of Lockheed Martin. “This begins with securely manufactured semiconductors. We look forward to working with GlobalFoundries to help increase access to domestically produced microelectronics – a true national security imperative.”
“The GF team has been a trusted partner of the U.S. government and the aerospace and defense industry for decades,” said Dr. Thomas Caulfield, president and CEO of GF. “We are proud to collaborate with Lockheed Martin to address the growing need for a reliable supply of trusted, feature-rich semiconductors for mission-critical security systems. Today’s announcement is another example of GF’s commitment to innovation, our global manufacturing footprint, and enabling a more resilient semiconductor supply chain in the U.S. and abroad.”
GF’s manufacturing facilities in New York and Vermont have Trusted accreditation from the U.S. government and are authorized to produce secure chips for use in the nation’s most sensitive systems on land, air, sea, and in space.
Both companies are committed to helping strengthen the supply chain for semiconductors used in critical defense systems. To further advance this shared goal, Lockheed Martin and GF will jointly pursue external funding opportunities, technology development, and collaboration with the U.S. government.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Frangipani

Regular
One point to remember is that by January 2025 (my performance judgement day :ROFLMAO:) Sean will have just completed 3 of the 5 year plan that he presented to the Board back in early 2022, so now you may get the picture of why I personally chose that time period, things (should) be unfolding beautifully by that point, if not, well, "Houston, we have a problem" "Where's that AKIDA technology you promised us back at Astronauts college" :ROFLMAO::unsure:;)

Happy Sunday Believers....Tech.

Would I be correct in assuming that before taking stock you would like to wait for the Greek goddess of hunting and wilderness and her handsome giant hunter companion to safely return back home from their long-planned round-trip (literally speaking), joined by an adventurous and heroic quartet of mere mortals (all of them chosen ones, one veritably a wise man), who by then will have been the first humans in decades to dare approach the ever-changing goddess Selene and get to view a side of her that will never be revealed to the eyes of us ordinary mortals?

And that you also expect those that will have helped prepare that journey to be over the moon about ακίδα?

Or is this all Greek to you, some lunatic’s gibberish? 🤭

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Zedjack33

Regular
Has anyone found a connection to Xailient?

2FB27FE3-00BE-4009-A291-286BE8420CDB.png
41884142-28A0-4C19-9A1E-09F28C68EA30.png
B0431D87-8838-4618-98E1-5976D676AD42.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Someone looking to sell 1 share at a paltry MC of $970B........
Screenshot_20230613_100334_CommSec.jpg

Undervalued IMO

Larry.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Where has everybody gone?
The volume of posts here has decreased dramatically over the past month or so.
Maybe just peoples lives got busy (it happens) or has this thread been so denuded by the constant complaints that comments made here should be posted elsewhere on more specific threads?
Or nothing new, or of worth, to say whilst the share price is in the doldrums?
Interested to hear peoples views.

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

Damo4

Regular
Maybe just peoples lives got busy (it happens) or has this thread been so denuded by the constant complaints that comments made here should be posted elsewhere on more specific threads?

Waiting patiently.
Also keen to see Renesas announce that the tape-out was a success and/or the details of the product for sale.
Perhaps we won't get it though, someone like Mercedes could just be going through Renesas and getting silicon designed and made.

Diamond Hands GIFs | Tenor

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Hi All, I am a long time reader here, I rarely comment but would like to throw in my opinion on why customers would not be shouting from the rooftops in regards to releasing new products with Akida that will increase performance and reduce power consumption by a great deal. Could it be due to the Osborne Effect and the need to sell existing products? cheers, Hammer

• Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

jk6199

Regular

Maybe a few people after the AGM have pulled back a bit with the excitement of "dot joining"?

Of what I can remember from the feed-back from the AGM here was, the company gave the impression things were taking longer than they expected. Yes, a lot of news about "partnerships", but not revenue backing statements from BRN?

The economy, world issues, and sometimes "excitement fatigue" comes into it. I thought for my own investment, "we" as long term supporters would be further along share price appreciation by now. I think a lot of us have had to pace ourselves a little slower.

It's like running faster thinking you're on the last lap of a race, but you find out there's another lap to do. I personally believe success will come to BRN, just later than initially pencilled in.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Maybe a few people after the AGM have pulled back a bit with the excitement of "dot joining"?

Of what I can remember from the feed-back from the AGM here was, the company gave the impression things were taking longer than they expected. Yes, a lot of news about "partnerships", but not revenue backing statements from BRN?

The economy, world issues, and sometimes "excitement fatigue" comes into it. I thought for my own investment, "we" as long term supporters would be further along share price appreciation by now. I think a lot of us have had to pace ourselves a little slower.

It's like running faster thinking your on the last lap of a race, but you find out there's another lap to do. I personally believe success will come to BRN, just later than initially pencilled in.
Yes agree, seems a lot of us were a bit unrealistic in our expectations of how long it would take to revenue and consequently have had our hopes dashed for immediate or short term wealth satisfaction.
Oh well, another reality check for us to deal with, and an adjustment of our mental pace to incorporate the fact of just how long the world takes to catch up.
GLTAH
AKIDA BALISTAAAAAAAAAAAA...................
Nice to see your diamond hands there Damo. 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Fox151

Regular
Could be the fact that every time people post they get moderated...

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I'm still here Hoppy! Undenuded and hanging around like a bad smell, but I have a pretty bad cold ATM which accounts for my being a little more quiet than usual. 🤧

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I'm still here Hoppy! Undenuded and hanging around like a bad smell, but I have a pretty bad cold ATM which accounts for my being a little more quiet than usual. 🤧
Grandmothers remedy - rum and lemon juice

go easy on the lemon juice.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Mt09

Regular
After the agm, bit of a reality check and maybe people realise doing vague dots with Brainchip and 90% of the worlds companies doesn’t really help anyone.. Brainchip have a lot of work ahead of them to unseat the incumbent technology that already does the job “well enough”.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Yesterdays story is up on "businesswire" with a nice comment from Anil.

I wonder if this latest news from NVIDIA on its Neuralangelo, which combines the representation power of multi-resolution 3D hash grids with neural surface rendering, has anything to do with us? Seems like a perfect fit for TENNs I'd have thought????

"TENNs are extremely effective in accelerating 3D and 1D time series applications including video, vision, audio, and vital signs in healthcare to name a few."

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 12.23.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 12.44.08 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
This comment from Anil was enough for me today.😁
“The TENN is a new approach that exploits the temporal correlations much more efficiently, revolutionizing AI at the edge.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Anyone watch this? Could think of a few use cases here for Akida

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Mazewolf

Regular
I wonder if this latest news from NVIDIA on its Neuralangelo, which combines the representation power of multi-resolution 3D hash grids with neural surface rendering, has anything to do with us? Seems like a perfect fit for TENNs I'd have thought????

"TENNs are extremely effective in accelerating 3D and 1D time series applications including video, vision, audio, and vital signs in healthcare to name a few."

View attachment 38248

View attachment 38255

A perfect fit yes, for the new Akida powered -NVIDIA graphics card, might get some sort of response from the market maybe...

Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom