BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Fantastic news!

Mercedes-Benz is the world’s first automotive manufacturer to be granted not one, but two certifications of compliance for the use of SAE Level 3 conditionally automated driving systems in the U.S.

Following approval for the state of Nevada earlier this year, Mercedes-Benz’s innovative DRIVE PILOT* system has now been certified by the state of California. DRIVE PILOT will be available in the U.S. market as an option for model year 2024 Mercedes-Benz S-Class and EQS Sedan models.

In May 2022, #MercedesBenz received the world’s first internationally valid certification for conditionally automated driving. This milestone made it possible to offer such a system as an option ex-works for vehicles from series production to customers in Germany. On suitable motorway sections and where traffic density is high, DRIVE PILOT can offer to take over the driving, initially up to the legally permitted speed of 60 km/h.

This gives customers back time so they can focus on certain secondary activities, such as enjoying a movie or browsing the web.

#Innovation #Technology #LeadinCarSoftware #automateddriving
* Disclaimer: SAE Level 3: the automated driving function takes over certain driving tasks. However, a driver is still required. The driver must be ready to take control of the vehicle at all times when prompted to intervene by the vehicle.

Reactions: 23 users
Can someone please explain what Alphacore. Inc. has to do with Akida's spot with NASA?
https://sbir.nasa.gov/SBIR/abstracts/23/sbir/phase1/SBIR-23-1-H6.22-2297.html
I'd hazard a guess it is driven around the hardware not so much SNN tech of their own imo.

If you search their site for neuromorphic there are no results but their solutions are around the hardware.

I've read other NASA papers and statements that 22nm FDSOI is what they prefer rad hardened.

They absolutely want neuromorphic processing but the radiation fries most hardware.

Maybe Alphacore are wanting to prove up the hardware and then NASA or whoever can implement the neuromorphic IP accordingly.

My thoughts anyway.

Reactions: 10 users

mrgds

Regular
Soooooooo, ................. is this months podcast covered by a NDA? ....................:confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Xray1

Regular
Soooooooo, ................. is this months podcast covered by a NDA? ....................:confused:
mrgds good question ... BUT IMO,.... they have something even better than NDA's

It's called:

Forward Looking Statements Certain views expressed here contain information derived from third parties or publicly available sources that have not been independently verified. This presentation includes certain statements, projections and estimates of the anticipated future financial performance of BrainChip Holdings Ltd. and the size, growth and nature of future markets for the company’s products. Such statements, projections and estimates reflect various assumptions made by the directors concerning anticipated results, which assumptions may or may not prove to be correct. BrainChip Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries have not sought independent verification of information in this presentation. While the directors believe that they have reasonable grounds for each of the assumptions, statements, projections and estimates and all care has been taken in the preparation of this presentation, no warranty of representation, express or implied is given as to the accuracy, correctness, likelihood of achievement, or reasonableness of assumptions, estimates, statements and projections that are contained in this presentation. Such assumptions, estimates, statements and projections are intrinsically subject to significant uncertainties. To the maximum extent allowed by law, none of BrainChip Holdings Ltd, its directors, employees nor any other person accepts any liability arising out of any error, negligence or fault for any loss, without limitation, arising from the use of information contained in this presentation.

So IMO, they can tell you anything they want :) :) :)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

mrgds

Regular

It's called:

Forward Looking Statements Certain views expressed here contain information derived from third parties or publicly available sources that have not been independently verified. This presentation includes certain statements, projections and estimates of the anticipated future financial performance of BrainChip Holdings Ltd. and the size, growth and nature of future markets for the company’s products. Such statements, projections and estimates reflect various assumptions made by the directors concerning anticipated results, which assumptions may or may not prove to be correct. BrainChip Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries have not sought independent verification of information in this presentation. While the directors believe that they have reasonable grounds for each of the assumptions, statements, projections and estimates and all care has been taken in the preparation of this presentation, no warranty of representation, express or implied is given as to the accuracy, correctness, likelihood of achievement, or reasonableness of assumptions, estimates, statements and projections that are contained in this presentation. Such assumptions, estimates, statements and projections are intrinsically subject to significant uncertainties. To the maximum extent allowed by law, none of BrainChip Holdings Ltd, its directors, employees nor any other person accepts any liability arising out of any error, negligence or fault for any loss, without limitation, arising from the use of information contained in this presentation.

BUT, ........................ i miss the "super hero question "..................:rolleyes:😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Xray1

Regular
BUT, ........................ i miss the "super hero question "..................:rolleyes:😁
You just might have to bring that up as a question at the next AGM !!!!! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

It's called:

Standard boilerplate, but it is reassuring to know "that all care has been taken". 🤣
Meanwhile, over at the architects........

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Xray1

Regular
Standard boilerplate, but it is reassuring to know "that all care has been taken". 🤣
Meanwhile, over at the architects........

Personally I prefer "Yes Minister" see

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I'd hazard a guess it is driven around the hardware not so much SNN tech of their own imo.

If you search their site for neuromorphic there are no results but their solutions are around the hardware.

I've read other NASA papers and statements that 22nm FDSOI is what they prefer rad hardened.

They absolutely want neuromorphic processing but the radiation fries most hardware.

Maybe Alphacore are wanting to prove up the hardware and then NASA or whoever can implement the neuromorphic IP accordingly.

My thoughts anyway.

To further expand on my post now I have some time to grab the info.

The snips below are from a NASA paper Aug last year that outlines the RadNeuro Project that we know we have been involved in with other partners and the hardware issues.

NASA refers to neuromorphic chips / computing as NMC and can see why someone like Alphacore etc may want to get a rad hard chip in there....how our SNN IP would be affected (if at all)....above my pay grade @Diogenese

Sorry D...caught up with Chelsea again :ROFLMAO:

Original paper HERE

1686302893902.png

1686303182274.png

1686303513938.png

1686303842649.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
To further expand on my post now I have some time to grab the info.

The snips below are from a NASA paper Aug last year that outlines the RadNeuro Project that we know we have been involved in with other partners and the hardware issues.

NASA refers to neuromorphic chips / computing as NMC and can see why someone like Alphacore etc may want to get a rad hard chip in there....how our SNN IP would be affected (if at all)....above my pay grade @Diogenese

Sorry D...caught up with Chelsea again :ROFLMAO:

Original paper HERE

View attachment 38077

View attachment 38080

View attachment 38082

View attachment 38083

Julian says "hi".

"The most important function to preserve in avionics is the memory, which suffers bit upsets that may not be detectable (n)or correctable."

So there may be a place for MemRistors/ReRAM because they are more naturally rad-hard and do not store information in the same way as CMOS bits are stored.

In other words, a hybrid technology of CMOS on FDSOI and ReRAM may be a solution. Some of my almost fully depleted neurons keep spiking random scintillations of the ghostly outline of patents for such a hybrid circuit

This Intel patent contemplates using ReRAM with MOSFET/CMOS circuits:

WO2019005057A1 NON-VOLATILE LOGIC CIRCUIT EMPLOYING LOW-POWER MOSFET ENABLED BY NON-VOLATILE LATCHED OUTPUTS

1686310439615.png

Techniques are disclosed for forming a non-volatile hybrid logic circuit employing low-power MOSFET enabled by non-volatile latched outputs. The hybrid arrangement is able to achieve both circuit-level non-volatility and relatively lower power levels, neither of which can be attained using MOSFET/CMOS or non-volatile logic/memory elements on their own. Further, standard MOSFET/CMOS alone cannot be used with relatively low threshold voltages (VTs) due to leakage currents and lack of non-volatility during power gating, for example. Accordingly, the non-volatile elements of the hybrid circuit serve as flip-flops or register files to provide non-volatile latched outputs for preserving the state of the logic circuit even when not receiving power. Thus, in the hybrid circuit arrangement, low-VDD, low-VT MOSFET devices are operatively coupled with non-volatile logic/memory elements (e.g., spintronic devices, ferroelectric devices, magnetoresistive devices) to enable energy efficient, low-VDD, low-VT, non-volatile operation for a logic circuit.

the non-volatile element may include at least one of a spin-torque switched magnet, spin-hall effect- switched magnet, ferroelectric field-effect transistor (FeFET), ferroelectric capacitor, magnetic tunnel junction (MTJ), resistive random-access memory (ReRAM or RRAM), or magneto-electric-switched magnet.

Western Digital:

WO2023064005A1 HYBRID MEMORY MANAGEMENT OF NON-VOLATILE MEMORY (NVM) DEVICES FOR USE WITH RECURRENT NEURAL NETWORKS

1686311592745.png

Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs) wherein a non-volatile memory (NVM) array provides a memory bank for the RNN. The RNN may include a Neural Turning Machine (NTM) and the memory bank may be an NTM matrix stored in the NVM array. In some examples, a data storage device (DSD) that controls the NVM array includes both a data storage controller and a separate NTM controller. The separate NTM controller accesses the NTM matrix of the NVM array directly while bypassing flash translation layer (FTL) components of the data storage controller. Additionally, various majority wins error detection and correction procedures are described, as well as various disparity count-based procedures.

Neural Turing Machines (NTMs), or more generally Memory Augmented Neural Networks (MANNs), are types of recurrent neural networks. An NTM has a neural network controller coupled to external memory resources with which the controller interacts using attentional mechanisms (e.g. mechanisms that focus the attention of the network on particular portions of data stored in the external memory). NTMs have the potential to accelerate the manner by which RNNs process information. There is an on-going need to provide improvements within NTMs, MANNs, and other RNNs, and with devices that are configured to implement NTMs, MANNs, and other RNNs

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
How cool is this autonomous vehicle from Valeo!

I’d love a little Akida droid R2D2 in the future which combines a stereo, drinks fridge, vacuum, projector, wifi, power bank etc.

Looking at how quickly the tech is progressing I won’t have long to wait!

1686312182638.png

:)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
How cool is this autonomous vehicle from Valeo!

I’d love a little Akida droid R2D2 in the future which combines a stereo, drinks fridge, vacuum, projector, wifi, power bank etc.

Looking at how quickly the tech is progressing I won’t have long to wait!

View attachment 38090

:)
I need one of those as an Esky to follow me round with my beers :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
And Valeo gets in on the act.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

TECH

Regular
With July fast approaching we enter the downhill slope to Christmas, this in my opinion is the real start of our journey
with regards, AKD 1500 and AKD 2.0 being released from our foundry partners, tested and re-tested by Anil and his team
of engineers, released to our EAP's for their final evaluation before deals are done and dusted, we as a company have done
everything possible to accommodate these "potential clients", this pattern cannot continue whereby they need to evaluate
AKD 3.0....the time has come to accept what has been created here, get those designs completed and get production of products
underway, Intel, IBM and others aren't on the same page as us...commit, lets get this brilliant technology rolling !

If what was quoted in a recent email from Antonio to one of our forum members, well that really says it all, potential clients investing
millions in developing products with Akida IP embedded, how can we lose, we have already won, they love the technology, time will
simply prove me and others right.

Exciting 18 months ahead....love Brainchip x Tech ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤎

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 73 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

My thoughts anyway.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Glen

Regular
Reactions: 10 users
If AM likes it; I like it too!

1686351080180.png

It’ll be interesting to see if MB patents involve Akida.

😀

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Getupthere

Regular
This video is a must watch for all BRN holders

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Anil is normally very reserved. I have seen three separate acknowledgements on LinkedIn today. 🔥

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom