BRN Discussion Ongoing

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Looks like a Bot has gone Rogue,
Yeah. What is the point of buying 200,000 shares in multiple orders of 117 each time instead of just buying all 200,000 in one go?
Don't quite get what this achieves aside from clogging up the system?
Is it some kind of denial of service attack designed to stop anyone else's more realistic order being processed?
So, this buys them time to set up/adjust their buying/selling program?
I would have thought anyone else's order placed at the same time would just go through anyway, unless the organisation doing this gets some sort of priority execution (in exchange for providing liquidity......just where have I heard that phrase before???), which wouldn't surprise me. 🤣
Might just've answered my own question......Bastardo's 🤣

Reactions: 10 users
Hi all, just received a very disturbing email from one of Brainchip's partners NVISO regarding investments made in the company recently. Those who are affected kindly PM me thanks.
Care to be more specific?

Reactions: 5 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
@basiac
Since this is the most read thread I would like to welcome our 3000th member here and thank zeeb0t for his work!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yeah. What is the point of buying 200,000 shares in multiple orders of 117 each time instead of just buying all 200,000 in one go?
Is it some kind of denial of service attack designed to stop anyone else's more realistic order being processed?
I would have thought anyone else's order placed at the same time would just go through anyway, unless the organisation doing this gets some sort of priority execution (in exchange for providing liquidity......just where have I heard that phrase before???), which wouldn't surprise me. 🤣
They have to pay transaction fees for 118.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tony Coles

Regular
Shorts gone up again, don’t get this crap. To 6.52%. 115 million 🩳

Attachments

• IMG_3996.png
    IMG_3996.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Sad

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20230607_155456_LinkedIn.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Suggested read.

Excerpt.

For instance, if an institutional trader has to place an order for 1,00,000 shares, which can unduly affect the market, he can set up an algorithmic-trading instruction to execute 1,000 shares out every 15 seconds. This way, he gradually loads up orders in the market without unduly affecting the market prices.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Suggested read.

Excerpt.

For instance, if an institutional trader has to place an order for 1,00,000 shares, which can unduly affect the market, he can set up an algorithmic-trading instruction to execute 1,000 shares out every 15 seconds. This way, he gradually loads up orders in the market without unduly affecting the market prices.
"For instance, if an institutional trader has to place an order for 1,00,000 shares, which can unduly affect the market, he can set up an algorithmic-trading instruction to execute 1,000 shares out every 15 seconds. This way, he gradually loads up orders in the market without unduly affecting the market prices"................

........................................So, because the institutional trader games the process they avoid the usual consequential repercussions of trading at volume that retail would suffer.
And, as the institutional trader is paying nil or a greatly reduced rate of brokerage on each trade, they have a distinct financial advantage over the average retail schmuk who also cannot get actionable data and react with the speed required to be competitive.

It is a rigged system heavily weighted against the average retail investor/trader.

Hopefully by holding until Brainchip realises multi bag success and/or begins paying dividends we won't have to rely on the crumbs left for the occasional retail success.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Rach2512

Regular
So speaking of shorts, I still can't quite get my head around the whole process. Are institution's lending shares to shorters. The shorters then sell those shares and hope that in the process of selling the borrowerd shares they spook the market so the price drops and they then buy back in and pass the shares back to the institutions having made a profit. If that is the case and the institutions are actually scooping up shares during this process (as their holdings are increasing) then the price is probably not dropping as much as the shorters would like or they could be preventing them from buying back in. Sorry that probably sounds very stupid. Am I missing something or everything!!! 🤪

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
"For instance, if an institutional trader has to place an order for 1,00,000 shares, which can unduly affect the market, he can set up an algorithmic-trading instruction to execute 1,000 shares out every 15 seconds. This way, he gradually loads up orders in the market without unduly affecting the market prices"................

........................................So, because the institutional trader games the process they avoid the usual consequential repercussions of trading at volume that retail would suffer.
And, as the institutional trader is paying nil or a greatly reduced rate of brokerage on each trade, they have a distinct financial advantage over the average retail schmuk who also cannot get actionable data and react with the speed required to be competitive.

It is a rigged system heavily weighted against the average retail investor/trader.

Hopefully by holding until Brainchip realises multi bag success and/or begins paying dividends we won't have to rely on the crumbs left for the occasional retail success.
Also from the link.

There are some with deep pockets outside of the Instos, who can play a similar game.

My uneducated guess would possibly also include syndicate / groups shorters or similar.

"Apart from institutional traders, big retail, high-frequency traders use algorithmic trading to automate their trading process. It helps them to speed up the execution of trades, as they make many trades per day.

Algorithmic trading technology is not easy to afford, which is why it is mostly employed by institutional traders. But that trend is changing now as coding trading algorithms is becoming increasingly democratized. Trading platforms are making the coding languages easier, such that a retail trader can learn them and code their strategies themselves. Moreover, it is becoming easy to find freelance programmers that will code good algos for a few thousand bucks."

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Tony Coles

Regular
So speaking of shorts, I still can't quite get my head around the whole process. Are institution's lending shares to shorters. The shorters then sell those shares and hope that in the process of selling the borrowerd shares they spook the market so the price drops and they then buy back in and pass the shares back to the institutions having made a profit. If that is the case and the institutions are actually scooping up shares during this process (as their holdings are increasing) then the price is probably not dropping as much as the shorters would like or they could be preventing them from buying back in. Sorry that probably sounds very stupid. Am I missing something or everything!!! 🤪
Gave me a head ace just reading it mate, just best not to think about it anymore, they control the share price till we get revenue in or a substantial contract/announcement, thats how I’m looking at it from now on. What a shame. 🤬 it is what it is and happens to most stocks, hope my very last top up gets hit. Good day all!

Reactions: 13 users
Suggested read.

Excerpt.

Add to that the brokerage fee per trade for professionals are different or non existent for higher frequency trading.. Vs a retail client may be paying a set % and commision fee…

Then there’s your iceberg orders, automatic stops, trailing, buy & sell stops, quick trades, DMA CFDs to match market prices and on and on and on.. Not to mention derivatives and options..

• Love
  • Fire
Also from the link.

There are some with deep pockets outside of the Instos, who can play a similar game.

My uneducated guess would possibly also include syndicate / groups shorters or similar.

"Apart from institutional traders, big retail, high-frequency traders use algorithmic trading to automate their trading process. It helps them to speed up the execution of trades, as they make many trades per day.

Algorithmic trading technology is not easy to afford, which is why it is mostly employed by institutional traders. But that trend is changing now as coding trading algorithms is becoming increasingly democratized. Trading platforms are making the coding languages easier, such that a retail trader can learn them and code their strategies themselves. Moreover, it is becoming easy to find freelance programmers that will code good algos for a few thousand bucks."
Another example is if you can automate something by buying an algo to perform a task, then you don’t have to sit at the screen watching constantly what’s happening..

A trader I know has paid for an algo for futures trading overnight which enables him to execute his plan accurately when he can’t be awake to adjust it manually..

Say a set trade is executed at 3am, and his initial target is reached at 3:30am, it is in his plan to adjust his stop loss to breakeven on the trade. If you’re asleep you can’t do that, but you can buy an algo that does that automatically for you..

It may be costly but if you’re turning over a million in profit a year then paying a fee for an algo for a few grand is well worth the price.

This stuff will be happening whether BRN is in the ASX 20 or the ASX 200 or a penny dreadful..

Revenue, earnings and growth year on year is all that matters when it comes to share performance over time.. Everything else is noise.. If BRN earns $1.3billion in earnings in FY2029, there’s nothing that short selling can do to keep the price below $50.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

TopCat

Regular

I looked up who were the biggest players in the SDR market were and got these top 10. Some big names here!​

Fortune Business Insights™ has Highlighted the Top 10 Leading Companies in the Global Market​

1. BAE Systems plc (UK)​

BAE Systems plc is considered as the foremost manufacturer for defense, security, maritime, land, and aerospace solutions. The revenue stream is divided into five pivotal operating segments, electronic systems, cyber & intelligence, platforms & services, air, and maritime. In July 2020, BAE Systems delivered its first modern radiation-hardened software radios (SDR) – the RAD5545 SDR.

2. Northrop Grumman Corporation (U.S.)​

Northrop Grumman Corporation is striving for offering the latest in advanced technologies for aerospace, defense, cyberspace, and space sectors. It operates on four revenue pillars, aeronautics systems, defense systems, missions systems, and space systems. In May 2019, Northrop Grumman Corporation introduced the first M-code enables GPS software defined radio solution during its in-flight test. The current demonstration was fulfilled as the radio was enabled with the Air Force Research Laboratory Sensors Directorate.

3. Raytheon Technologies Corporation (U.S.)​

Raytheon Technologies Corporation is a global leader, which aims to deliver highly advanced products and services for the defense and commercial aircraft space. In April 2020, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) and Raytheon Technologies Corporation merged to form Raytheon Technologies Corporation. In May 2021, Raytheon Intelligence and Space business of Raytheon Technologies Corporation received the Type-1 certification of X-Net software defined radio system from the National Security Agency in tandem with the Department of Defense.

4. Elbit Systems Ltd. (Israel)​

Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international organization that is incorporated with the development of defense, homeland security, and other commercial market products. In November 2021, Elbit Systems Ltd. received a P.O. for delivering an E-LynXTM (SRD) toward integrating a battalion solution toward the Spanish Army.

5. Thales Group (France)​

Thales Group provides cutting edge solutions in aerospace, transportation, defense, security, and space sectors. It generates revenue from aerospace, transport, defense & security, and digital identity & security. In March 2021, Thales Group unveiled its military radio communication under the Spanish Army’s Force 2035 experimentation plan, which includes the SYNAPS software defined radio and other line-of-sight solutions.

6. L3Harris Technologies Inc. (U.S.)​

L3Harris Technologies Inc. is a global leader in the aerospace and defense technology sector. It is aimed at offering solutions for fulfilling mission critical needs & requirements. It caters products for R&D, surveillance & reconnaissance, search & rescue, airborne based observations & broadcast, and carbon monitoring. In February 2021, L3Harris Technologies Inc. won a contract for USD 7.2 million from the U.S. Air Force toward developing a wideband SDR technology that has the ability to decrease electronic warfare (EW) jamming.

7. General Dynamics Corporation (U.S.)​

General Dynamics Corporation offers products and services for combat vehicles, business aviation, weapon systems & munition, IT solutions, and ship repair & building. It generates revenue from marine systems, aerospace, combat systems, information technology, and mission systems. In August 2021, General Dynamics Mission Systems of the General Dynamic Corporation introduced its Badger SDR at the U.S. Navy’s Sea-Air-Space Symposium at the National Harbor, Maryland.

8. Viasat Inc. (U.S.)​

Viasat Inc. provides digital satellite communications and wireless networking services. It also offers satellite communication products in terms of information distribution systems, network control systems, terminals, modems, and simulation test equipment. In February 2021, Viasat introduced resilient, multi-path networking capabilities at the U.S. Army’s Quest 2020 exercise during which the organization displayed NetAgility’s Virtual and Mobile Software Defined Networking (SDN) features.

9. Leonardo S.p.A (Italy)​

Leonardo S.p.A strives for providing immaculate solutions for aerospace, defense, and security applications as the firm is also focusing on latest technologies and advanced solutions. It generates revenue from helicopters, defense electronics & security, aeronautics, space, and other sectors. In April 2020, Leonardo S.p.A won a contract from the Boeing Company to provide the latest SWave Airborne SDR SRT-800 for NATO’s fleet of E-3A Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft series.

10. Rhode & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)​

Rhode & Schwartz GmbH & Co. KG offers the latest offerings for electronic test equipment, radio communication solutions, cybersecurity system & solutions, radio monitoring & radiolocation solutions, and broadcast & media solution. In January 2020, Rohde & Schwartz GmbH & Co. KG announced that it delivered more than 10,000 R&S M3SR software defined radios for consumers across the world.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Hi @Rach2512

suggest watch ‘GAMESTOCK, Eat the rich’ on NETFLIX.
It explains shorting on there in general terms.

It‘s an eye opener on how corrupt the market is!

🙃

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hi all, just received a very disturbing email from one of Brainchip's partners NVISO regarding investments made in the company recently. Those who are affected kindly PM me thanks.

This has nothing to do with BrainChip buddy... why is this even occupying this thread? Great post!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom