BRN Discussion Ongoing

goodvibes

Regular
Some older Renesas info 3 weeks ago…maybe for our tech guys @Dio etc…based on arm M23 CPU.

Join us for the live training online and learn more on how easily create an embedded sensing system.
The training teaches you how to combine a low-power RA2E2 MCU in combination with the ZMOD4410 a firmware configurable indoor air quality (IAQ) sensor with an integrated artificial intelligence (AI)
Register now (It is open to everyone) at https://lnkd.in/gRAisqn6
#training #ai #sensorsolutions #MCU

Join Renesas for a live training session and learn how to create a simple sensor application using an RA2E2 MCU and ZMOD4410 indoor air quality sensor, plus the easy-to-use Flexible Software Package (FSP) to complete the design from scratch in just an hour.

The low-power RA2E2 MCU integrates a high-efficiency Arm® M23 CPU core along with standard peripheral functions such as ADC, I²C/UART/SPI and timers in a small footprint. The ZMOD4410 gas sensor module features a firmware-configurable architecture that enables multiple sensing solutions with a common hardware platform. We will use the RA2E2 Fast Prototyping Board and ZMOD4410 Pmod as our working hardware platform.

The session will focus on the fundamental features of FSP running on the Renesas e² studio IDE. During the session, you will develop a software project to design a sample application with the RA2E2 MCU, communicating with the gas sensor via the I²C interface to capture air quality data, and view the captured data in a real-time chart on the PC GUI screen.

The following steps will be covered during the training session:​

• Renesas e² studio / FSP setup
  • Hardware setup
  • New project creation
  • ZMOD4410 sensor middleware configuration using FSP
  • I²C, Timer, IRQ, and GPIO configuration using FSP
  • Source coding in C
  • Project debugging and sensor data observation on e² studio
A Renesas application engineer will present and guide you through all the necessary steps to build a fully functioning application example. Comprehensive, self-paced lab materials and software download instructions will be provided prior to the event.

Training Objectives:​

• Understand the fundamental features of Renesas e² studio IDE and FSP
  • Learn how to create a project from scratch using the complete RA MCU Renesas toolchain

Confirmed attendees will receive:​

System requirements:​

• PC running Windows 10 (64-bit version) or 11 with a minimum of 1 USB 2.0 port
  • Renesas e² studio, FSP software tools installation
  • Micro USB Cable

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

TECH

Regular
Hi All,

Moved up nicely now to 19 Partnerships...think it was 14 only 6 weeks ago....heading nicely towards my 30 target. They keep coming and they
will keep coming, it's a combination of great communication from Rob and the team with interested parties, who have become much more
comfortable in their understanding of what Neuromorphic computing can bring to the AI/ML table.

This quote from the CEO of Lorser Industries Inc Diane Serban really emphasis' what separates us from the mob

"and, importantly, its ability to learn on-chip, after deployment in the field..”

They must have already done some real thorough in-house (in the field) testing to have the CEO pass that comment.

As always, just my views....Tech ☮️

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 76 users

MDhere

Regular
Wow… great market action this morning with another awesome announcement 🙏
My wife and I are celebrating my Birthday in Bali … so thank you BRN for my present today! $$$$ 😎 more pressies gratefully excepted 🙏. Cheers all 🥂
Happy birthday Gemini! :).

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

skutza

Regular
Well looking at all the partnerships we have and the more news and confirmation that BRN are the G.O.A.T. I'd be feeling very nervous if I held this puppy short. The pull back has happened and the 40-50c range seems the limit. How long before the shorts feel there is no added value for them. When does the risk v reward start to look like a dangerous hold?

Get ready people, it really is just a matter of time. BRN are in Uni's, ARM are letting everyone know how they feel, and we seem to be in every second article written about edge AI. I'm starting to feel giddy inside!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

JoMo68

Regular
View attachment 37775

It's not just BRN that dickleboro has it in for. He also attacks Weebit for the same reasons.
Just replace WBT with BRN and it reads exactly the same - what a dweeb…

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
Sometimes I find competition to Brainchip that I haven't looked closely at. Today I just took a look at Innatera and the technology seems interesting. They try to use carefully designed segments of analog SNN, to avoid the inherent problems with analog SNN's:

Sumeet Kumar mentions that they target something in the hundreds of thousands of neurons and not millions of neurons, as that should be sufficient. Considering the potential efficiency of analog SNN, there could definitely be extremely low power use cases. When he's saying that they won't target millions of neurons, it sounds like a scaling barrier in my ears.

Then I came across that their first chip only has 256 neurons: "Innatera’s third-generation AI chip has 256 neurons and 65,000 synapses and runs inference at under 1 milliwatt",

I would suspect that this few neurons would mean that a disproportional amount of power would be used on the other functionality of the chip, relative to the neurons themselves, like the signal to spike conversion, the DAC e.t.c. Further it's hard to imagine that you can perform anything significant with just 256 neurons. It also doesn't lend itself to the flexibility he describes in the above video, with different segments running different networks.

So, to me it seems very much like an early stage research chip, for evaluating the performance of the neurons and not something you would ship as a final product.

Probably someone much smarter than me could give a perspective on this?

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Rach2512

Regular

Hi All, can someone help me understand how Brainchip received an invite to this event. I'm just a bit confused as Dr David Allen has 22 RED flags marked against Brainchip, I'm sure he must be an expert and know his stuff to have come up with 22 RED flags. Do you think those at GSA would have done the same level of due diligence on Brainchip before sending an invite. I mean tsmc will be there they have a market cap of over 700B (aud) and Qualcomm over 195B(aud), it would be a bit embarrassing for the GSA if they've got it wrong, is anyone else confused or is it just me? 🤪

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi All, can someone help me understand how Brainchip received an invite to this event. I'm just a bit confused as Dr David Allen has 22 RED flags marked against Brainchip, I'm sure he must be an expert and know his stuff to have come up with 22 RED flags. Do you think those at GSA would have done the same level of due diligence on Brainchip before sending an invite. I mean tsmc will be there they have a market cap of over 700B (aud) and Qualcomm over 195B(aud), it would be a bit embarrassing for the GSA if they've got it wrong, is anyone else confused or is it just me? 🤪
Well someone has to pick up the glasses ...

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
I’ve just had a look at ARM’s website haven’t viewed for sometime , it presents a very polished & informative read on all things Brainchip .

One could be mistaken to think it’s brainchips web page .

ARM: Ubiquitios 🤗

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

cosors

👀
View attachment 37775

It's not just BRN that dickleboro has it in for. He also attacks Weebit for the same reasons.

Fools remain fools and try to pull fools' money out of their pockets: Are you a fool and want to know more what our recommendation is then click here the fool's request and make you foolish because you give us your money. Thank you!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

MrRomper

Regular
Sponsor
https://community.gsaglobal.org/s/lt-event?id=a1U1K0000079W6vUAE#/Sponsors

1685998271775.png

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
A picture says a thousand words:
1686001089228.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

GStocks123

Regular

Socionext….

Attachments

• IMG_2067.png
    IMG_2067.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • Fire

chapman89

Founding Member
Interesting?? Licensing…

IMG_2268.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 106 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Beebo

Regular
That is BIG news, I really hope that isn't a misquote!
Exactly. Not comfortable trusting the author, but either way I’m LOVING our burgeoning ecosystem!!

IT’S COMING!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
Top Bottom