BRN Discussion Ongoing

Jchandel

Regular
Watch the video..........

View attachment 37631 View attachment 37632
Magna and Seeing Machines working together on this. Do we have any link with Seeing Machines or Occula Neural processing unit? I have seen Occula’s name floating around in the forum.. regardless- the tide is turning and slowly all car manufacturers will need to have this life saving tech in their cars

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers,

Article extracted from Weekend Financial Review..... Government fund for all things A.I.

If memory serves me..... this was bought to the Boards attention at the AGM.... to which a reply was thay had not yet looked into this....might pay to, as this could potentialy alleviate some of our company costs ( at shareholders expense ) when dealing with smaller companys developing new fangled technology / products.

If someone could beam it through to Brainchip, Cheers.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20230603_102125.jpg
    20230603_102125.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Morning Chippers,

Article extracted from Weekend Financial Review..... Government fund for all things A.I.

If memory serves me..... this was bought to the Boards attention at the AGM.... to which a reply was thay had not yet looked into this....might pay to, as this could potentialy alleviate some of our company costs ( at shareholders expense ) when dealing with smaller companys developing new fangled technology / products.

Regards,
Esq.
Well that's going to cost me a visit to the chiropractor.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Watch the video..........

View attachment 37631 View attachment 37632

And then there was this news yesterday. Who knows what it all means? Not me.

Veoneer completes sale of Active Safety business to Magna​

06/02/2023 | 08:21am EDT
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?ur...letes+sale+of+Active+Safety+business+to+Magna

The automotive technology company Veoneer announced the completion of the sale of its Active Safety business to Magna, a mobility technology company and one of the largest suppliers in the auto industry.
The transaction was first announced on December 20, 2022.
'Today is a great day for all stakeholders of Veoneer's Active Safety business. The combination with Magna will create a leading global supplier for ADAS and secure a compelling long-term home for the Active Safety business's loyal customers, dedicated employees, and innovative product portfolio,' said Jacob Svanberg, Chief Executive Officer, Veoneer.

In April 2022, SSW Partners acquired Veoneer in an all-cash transaction representing a total equity value of $4.6 billion. Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) subsequently completed the acquisition of Arriver from SSW Partners.
Veoneer is now fully focused on safety-critical electronics, as the global pure-play market leader in restraint control system electronics. To mark this shift, Veoneer has added Safety Systems to its corporate brand.
'Veoneer Safety Systems is a growing, cash-generative business with a highly skilled workforce. Our leadership position is the result of decades of delivering best-in-class product quality, customer service, and technical innovation. With the closing of the sale of the Active Safety business, we are now able to focus on finding the best long-term home for Veoneer Safety Systems,' Mr. Svanberg continued.
Evercore and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC acted as financial advisors, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and Eversheds Sutherland LLP as legal counsels, and Baker Botts LLP as regulatory counsel to Veoneer and SSW Partners in the sale of Veoneer's Active Safety business.
For more information please contact:
Thomas Jonsson, EVP Communications & IR,
thomas.jonsson@veoneer.com, tel +46 (0)8 527 762 27
About Veoneer Safety Systems
With sales of approximately $750 million for the full year 2022, Veoneer Safety Systems is the world leader in Automotive Electronic Safety Systems. Veoneer's scalable, best-in-class restraint control systems are saving lives by mitigating the effects of a car crash. In 2023, the company's products are part of more than 40 scheduled vehicle launches. To date, the company has delivered more than 1 billion electronic control units and crash sensors to car manufacturers globally. The company is building on a heritage of 70 years of automotive safety development. Veoneer Safety Systems has approximately 2,700 employees in 11 countries.

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 11.33.11 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs
Morning Chippers,

Regards,
Esq.
Well that's going to cost me a visit to the chiropractor.
I would suggest @Esq.111 's music preferences are marginally more acceptable than his footwear 🐊 choices. Esq, if I can fit it in today between the washing, ironing, vacuuming, and car washing, and before the Geelong Cats and Footscray Bulldogs AFL game tonight, I may manage to listen to @buena suerte :-) 's Miss Monique suggestion from the banter thread, where I probably should have posted. 🤨

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

Magna and Seeing Machines working together on this. Do we have any link with Seeing Machines or Occula Neural processing unit? I have seen Occula’s name floating around in the forum.. regardless- the tide is turning and slowly all car manufacturers will need to have this life saving tech in their cars

One connection to Seeing Machines could be through our partner Mecedes BRNs.

Extract from 6 March 2023.

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 12.04.54 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
I would suggest @Esq.111 's music preferences are marginally more acceptable than his footwear 🐊 choices. Esq, if I can fit it in today between the washing, ironing, vacuuming, and car washing, and before the Geelong Cats and Footscray Bulldogs AFL game tonight, I may manage to listen to @buena suerte :-) 's Miss Monique suggestion from the banter thread, where I probably should have posted. 🤨
Hay hay hay ...ease up on me chinese safety boots.

One is rearley seen in footwear.. day swanning around the grounds.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Some very reassuring upward movement in Global Markets .... Dow & HSI Huge!! :)

Have a great weekend Chippers 🍷🍷 Cheers 🤪

1685758989550.png

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

Bravo

It looks like we'll finally learn about Qualcomm's Oryon / NUVIA specs in October...

Qualcomm Oryon chip specs to be unveiled at Snapdragon Summit 2023​

By Sean Endicott
published 1 day ago
Qualcomm has high expectations for its upcoming Oryon processors.

Qualcomm Oryon announcement

(Image credit: Qualcomm)

What you need to know​

• Qualcomm President and CEO Cristiano Amon shared that the company will announce the specs of its upcoming Oryon chips at Snapdragon Summit this year.
  • Qualcomm has hyped its upcoming Oryon processors as competitors to Apple's M-series chips.
  • Oryon processors are based on tech from NUVIA, which the chipmaker acquired in 2021 for $1.4 billion.
  • Arm Ltd. is currently suing Qualcomm about the use of NUVIA tech.

Qualcomm has hyped its upcoming Oryon processors for years. It looks like we'll finally learn about the chips' specs in October. Cristiano Amon, the president, and CEO of Qualcomm, discussed the Oryon chips in a recent investor call and specified that the company will announce specs for the processors at Snapdragon Summit 2023. That event runs from October 24-26, 2023, so we'll still have to wait a few months to learn specifics.

Sravan Kundojjala, an analyst who focuses on semiconductors, shared snippets of Amon's remarks. The quotes below are from Bernstein's 39th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference.

"I think NUVIA it's -- we're aspiring to build really the Apple compete platform, I think, for the Windows ecosystem," said Amon.

"So we know what the target is, and I think we're doing a good job. We're going to announce the specs of the chip very soon in our Tech Summit, and hopefully, we'll impress people."

Amon's comments echo sentiments shared by the company previously, that its processors will compete with Apple's silicon. Qualcomm previously shared that its chips had a "significant number of design wins." The chipmaker expects an "inflection point" for Windows on Snapdragon PCs in 2024."

The upcoming NUVIA chips are based on technology from NUVIA, which Qualcomm acquired for $1.4 billion in January 2021. That deal is facing a lawsuit from Arm Ltd. that claims Qualcomm breached license agreements and committed trademark infringement. Amon seems confident that the acquisition will go through despite the lawsuit.

"But look, at the end of the day, we're their largest customer, and they're suing their largest customer," said Qualcomm's CEO. "We have broad rights to the IP. We have an architecture license, which also predates NUVIA, but it's okay. The trial date is set for 2024 after we launch our SoC and we're working through it.

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 12.39.59 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Been busy travelling for work so catching up where can.

Nice infographic from the Verdict sourced from GlobalData based primarily around Patent Analytics. We don't hit the list yet :(:mad:

Gives a good overview though of where various end uses are on the curve and where we may be slotting into.

AI-in-Technology-S-curve-36-1024x576.png

EmergingAcceleratingMaturing
1AI-assisted clinical trials managementAI-assisted CADComputed tomography
2AI-assisted microscopyAI-assisted coding platformsImage smoothing techniques
3AI-assisted OCRAI-assisted drone controlPredictive video coding
4Anti-collision LiDARAI-assisted network managementRemote-controlled imaging drones
5Biological computing modelsAI-assisted radiologySmart climate control systems
6Brain-machine interfaceAI-assisted genome sequencingSmart lighting
7Chaos modelsAutonomous parkingWearable physiological monitors
8Emotion AIAutonomous VTOLs
9Finite element simulationBehavioural analytics
10Generative adverserial network (GAN)Conversational AI
11Liveness detectionDeep reinforcement learning
12ML-enabled blockchain networksDefect detection techniques
13Neural networks for data storageDemand forecasting applications
14Neuromorphic computingDigital microscopy
15Radial basis function (RBF) neural networksDrone anti-collision systems

16Dynamic image reconstruction
17Forward inferencing
18Image analysis - tamper detection
19Intelligent contact centres
20Intelligent embedded systems
21Intelligent voice assistant
22Manufacturability analysis
23Motion artefact analysis
24Neural net architecture
25Physiological event prediction
26Predictive collision detection
27Predictive maintenance systems
28Smart factory systems
29Smart grids
30Smart voice assistant

31Speech analysis systems
32Synthetic data
33Text-to-speech systems
34Utility load forecasting
35Wafer defect inspection system

Click on the innovation area to learn more
Source: GlobalData Patent Analytics

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Bravo

SoftBank's shares rose by 8.2% after Arm's news about its new technology for mobile devices. The jump in the stock price comes off the back of yesterdays announcement of the partnership with MediaTek for its next-generation smartphone. Quite understandable really, given MediaTek enables nearly 2 billion devices a year.

Now if we could only confirm our involvement in this new technology, we'd have all the shorters clambering for their incontinence pads.🩲

Hi @OutbackJohn, Agreed, it's very intersting isn't it?

I've suggested previously (as above) that if I were Arm I would be incorporating AKIDA into the A and R based MCU's as well the M based MCU's.

Arms new smartphone tech uses the latest Armv9.2 architecture. The previous Armv9 architecture covers all three profiles (A, R & M), so there's no reason to doubt the new Armv9.2 architecture won't do the same.

So lets say AKIDA E, S & P are are matched up to their corresponding Arm A,R & M profile MCU's then from what a previous article described, it sounds like the chipmakers, device makers and developers will decide on what level of functionality they want included, which is where our IP might come in as an option.

I've also questions previously the third party IP as shown on the ArmV9 architecture diagram that seems to leave room for our inclusion.

All just pure speculation at the moment on my behalf.

❤️🧠🍟

B x
View attachment 37414

View attachment 37413

I have managed to convince myself that Arm will be promoting their latest TCS23 Armv9.2 architecture and upgraded cluster of CPUs to be combined with AKIDA in some fashion as per the above ramblings. And because of this I'm a bit (strike that, A LOT) excited by the following.

Now in this article they discuss Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 being a few months away and they suggest they have an idea of what to expect already and one of the suggestions is that it will ultilize the new Armv9.2 architecture!

IMO. DYOR as this is all pure conjecture.

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 1.04.02 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 1.04.16 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

Bravo

Meta announced that the Quest 3 uses the 'a next-generation' Snapdragon system-on-chip that 'delivers more than twice the graphical performance' compared to Quest 2 (which uses the Snapdragon XR2) without defining the exact SoC.

Speaking of Meta Quest 3, Mary Bennion (Director Ecosystem at Arm) liked this announcement, for what it's worth.

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 1.38.58 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

I'm on a roll!

Arm chief touts chip designer as key to AI​

30 MAY 2023

ARM_building_SS_generic.jpg

Arm CEO Rene Haas pushed the company’s central role in the growing AI ecosystem during a keynote at trade show Computex, as the chip designer unveiled technology claimed to deliver next-generation services based on the technology.

Speaking at the event in Taiwan, the executive pitched Arm’s technology as aiding current AI-toting applications and provided an optimistic view of its potential moving forward, given its partner roster, technology and developer community.

Haas noted he expected AI will be “everywhere” in the next generation of technology products, with these “getting harder and harder to build” given “everything now is a computer”, from toasters to cars.

His speech came as the company released its Arm Total Compute Solutions 2023 mobile platform, which includes a GPU based on its newly-released fifth generation architecture and an upgraded cluster of CPUs.

The new CPU generation, Arm claims, affirms its leadership in next generation AI, alongside providing enhancements to “deliver more accessible software for the millions of Arm developers”.

Promotion of the company’s position in the hyped AI ecosystem comes as the chip design business continues to prepare for its highly anticipated IPO.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
It's a lovely thought Bravo but if BrainChip were about to drop into 2 billion devices I think our CEO and Board would have been giving off a much more confident vibe at the AGM (unless they're all incredible poker faces).

From the lack of buyer interest in our shares in a market with AI fever (we should be rising with the tide), the message from the market at least, seems to be while BrainChip works on getting its product market fit right with 1500 and 2000 we're not quite in this game....yet

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

It's a lovely thought Bravo but if BrainChip were about to drop into 2 billion devices I think our CEO and Board would have been giving off a much more confident vibe at the AGM (unless they're all incredible poker faces).

From the lack of buyer interest in our shares in a market with AI fever (we should be rising with the tide), the message from the market at least, seems to be while BrainChip works on getting its product market fit right with 1500 and 2000 we're not quite in this game....yet
ugh-whatever.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 118

From the lack of buyer interest in our shares in a market with AI fever
I thought our daily shares traded last week was massive compared to normal.

Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

New news....

Samsung becomes a founding member of RISE, a RISC-V software development ecosystem

Samsung RISE RISC-V Software Ecosystem

https://www.sammobile.com/author/asifiqbal/
By Asif Iqbal Shaik

Last updated: June 1st, 2023 at 11:10 UTC+02:00
Samsung Electronics has announced that it has joined RISE (RISC-V Software Ecosystem), an open-source software development project to build and develop an advanced semiconductor ecosystem. The South Korean firm has joined the operating board of directors of RISE. The project includes other tech giants, including Google, Intel, MediaTek, Nvidia, and Qualcomm.

The Linux Foundation launched the RISE project yesterday to bring together a wide range of hardware and software firms to accelerate the availability of software for high-performance and power-efficient RISC-V CPU cores. These firms, including Samsung Electronics, will now help build operating systems and software solutions for computers and devices using RISC-V compatible processors. These processors can be used in smartphones, tablets, wearables, home appliances, data centers, and connected vehicles.

RISC-V is an open-source instruction set, unlike AMD’s x64, Intel’s x86, and ARM’s AArch64. It is seen as the future of computing. Various firms, including Qualcomm, are looking to break away from ARM’s architecture so they can develop their own chips without having to pay ARM a licensing fee. The Linux Foundation Europe says the members of the project will contribute both engineering workforce and financial aid to help address software needs that the project’s steering committee has planned.

Samsung, a company that designs chips (System LSI) and manufactures them (Samsung Foundry), is in the right place as RISE can help increase the adoption of RISC-V. The South Korean firm can then design chips based on the open-source instruction set. As we reported earlier, ARM has changed its terms significantly and can affect Exynos chips in the future.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
New news....

Samsung becomes a founding member of RISE, a RISC-V software development ecosystem

Samsung RISE RISC-V Software Ecosystem

https://www.sammobile.com/author/asifiqbal/
By Asif Iqbal Shaik

Last updated: June 1st, 2023 at 11:10 UTC+02:00
Samsung Electronics has announced that it has joined RISE (RISC-V Software Ecosystem), an open-source software development project to build and develop an advanced semiconductor ecosystem. The South Korean firm has joined the operating board of directors of RISE. The project includes other tech giants, including Google, Intel, MediaTek, Nvidia, and Qualcomm.

The Linux Foundation launched the RISE project yesterday to bring together a wide range of hardware and software firms to accelerate the availability of software for high-performance and power-efficient RISC-V CPU cores. These firms, including Samsung Electronics, will now help build operating systems and software solutions for computers and devices using RISC-V compatible processors. These processors can be used in smartphones, tablets, wearables, home appliances, data centers, and connected vehicles.

RISC-V is an open-source instruction set, unlike AMD’s x64, Intel’s x86, and ARM’s AArch64. It is seen as the future of computing. Various firms, including Qualcomm, are looking to break away from ARM’s architecture so they can develop their own chips without having to pay ARM a licensing fee. The Linux Foundation Europe says the members of the project will contribute both engineering workforce and financial aid to help address software needs that the project’s steering committee has planned.

Samsung, a company that designs chips (System LSI) and manufactures them (Samsung Foundry), is in the right place as RISE can help increase the adoption of RISC-V. The South Korean firm can then design chips based on the open-source instruction set. As we reported earlier, ARM has changed its terms significantly and can affect Exynos chips in the future.
I knew my gnu knew "new news" was tautologically redundant.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

I knew my gnu knew "new news" was tautologically redundant.
But did your gnu knew or get advance warning that I almost always usually aim for absolute total abstinence of completely and utterly tautologically redundant superfluous phrases?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

Yes but if you think of Arm as an actual arm, it's fair to say that we are the bicep.💪

• Haha
  • Love
Top Bottom