BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slade

Top 20
With due respect Sirod69, No.
These aren't the reasons people aren't investing money in stocks.

Increasing debts.
Interest rate hikes.
Inflation rate rises.
Increasing Property rates and rent rates.
Pressure on common man and woman to sustain livelihood while the beaurocrats and politicians divide and rule the unaware public.

There are many other reasons but climate change isn't why people aren't spending money on stocks.
- Animal extinction isn't why people aren't spending money on stocks.
- Russian "invasion" isn't why people aren't investing in stocks. (USA has been conquering and destroying/bombing nations for decades, stock markets have done fine).
- Climate change isn't a reason for investors to stay away, climate has been changing on earth for billions of years, no one can stop it.

BRN share performance has got nothing to do with these, I know these reasons will be shown to justify the poor performance, but many companies have done fairly well over the last couple of years, so let's not make excuses here.

My opinion only and apologies if it's different to yours.
With due respect I prefer to get my analysis of the world economy from a credible source. Sorry if they offer a different explanation to your opinion.

Global growth to slow to 2.6% in 2023​

Russia’s war of aggression against Ukraine continues to overshadow the world economy. Despite recent signs of improvement, recovery over the next two years is expected to be moderate.
Global growth slowed in 2022 to 3.3%, more than 1 percentage point weaker than expected at the end of 2021, mainly weighed down by Russia’s war of aggression in Ukraine and the associated cost-of-living crisis in many countries.
Growth is projected to remain at below-trend rates in 2023 and 2024, at 2.6% and 2.9% respectively.
A key factor in the improvement in activity and sentiment in early 2023 was the recent decline in energy and food prices which is boosting purchasing power for most firms and households.
However, the improvement in the outlook is still fragile and downside risks predominate as high uncertainty generated by the war could take a heavy toll on activity.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

manny100

Regular
So we know that Teksun partnered with us.

We know that Vivoka partnered with Teksun recently too.

View attachment 36224

View attachment 36225

Hmmmm...clutching?...would be nice :unsure:

Vivoka challenges the voice assistant giants with its offline solution​

Favicon Vivoka Author

Written by Anaïs DAUFFER

Latest | Press Releases

Paris, France. April 11, 2023. Vivoka is announcing an NLU (Natural Language Understanding) technology that is as powerful as the cloud, but running in an embedded voice assistant. In doing so, Vivoka is challenging the biggest in voice technology such as Siri, Alexa or Google Assistant as the French company stands out for its ability to operate offline and thus advocate data protection and Green IT.

An almost human voice assistant?​

The NLU (natural language understanding) allows voice assistants to understand any vocal command as long as the user’s intention is clear. Today, artificial intelligence pushes the limits of what is possible by allowing real interactions between humans and machines.

The voice assistant focuses on the intention and not on the words in particular. The machine, which learns from examples, will refine its understanding to interact more easily, quickly and widely with humans; this is called Machine Learning. Until now, embedded voice assistants have included predefined phrases and voice commands could not go outside of this framework.

“The current boundaries of embedded voice assistants lie in their limited ability to understand complex sentences. The NLU we’re working on will enable tomorrow’s assistants to not only perform as well as those available in the cloud, but also limit energy impact and protect our customers’ data.” said William Simonin, Vivoka’s co-founder and CEO.

The particularity of Vivoka, since the creation of its VDK (Voice Development Kit), is the fact that everything is offline (embedded). Indeed, the voice assistants, implemented in any device, can be used without an internet connection, which allows a total independence on the final product. This independence already takes effect in the development of Vivoka, which does not use any external components for this version of its software.

The disconnection mainly reduces the impact of data and data storage on the environment. Vivoka’s digital sobriety allows its customers to meet their sustainability goals while having a voice assistant as powerful as those connected.

The power of the cloud but embedded?​

Vivoka is the first company to achieve this!

“It was time to bring to the industry and to consumer electronic devices, the possibility to control their interfaces by voice, without having to make them dependent on the Internet, for a secure and operational use instantly. Well, it’s done with our voice development software VDK. In 2023, Vivoka brings embedded voice control to life with revolutionary AI functionality.” – confirms Emmanuel Chaligné, Product Director.

Many sectors, such as defense, industry, logistics or even household appliances, cannot depend on an internet-connected solution. As a result, the demand from players in these sectors is growing. Vivoka is not only established in France but worldwide thanks to this not so widespread technology. The development of this functionality based on natural language seemed logical to them:

“Today we export our VDK technology to all five continents and are present in many industrial sectors. We know the demand. Our partners have been waiting for a long time for a high-performance solution that allows their users to talk naturally to their systems, without going through the Internet. The technical barrier that we are going to remove with the first embedded NLU will make this possible. This was the logical next step in our development. It will allow Vivoka to show that the cloud is not an obligation, and that a company should not have to choose between performance and data protection.” says William Simonin.

Here are two examples of how an embedded NLU can be used:
  • Professional setting:
    • Voice implemented in dental office chairs will allow practitioners to naturally and easily control patient height and tilt.
    • The NLU will enable next generation robots to be equipped with speech. Voice is a natural interaction and robots will be able to replicate human actions in many fields such as education, industry or health.
  • Private setting:
    • In the future, household appliances will be controlled by voice without the need for the house to be connected and without an internet connection for these appliances. Users will not need to learn ready-made phrases, they will be able to speak naturally, as they would with other humans.

These are only 3 examples among many sectors concerned such as: IoT (internet of things), connected home, transport, logistics, education, connected glasses/headsets, robotics, defense and health
Interesting. The lanuage Teksun use is that they will integrate AKIDA into their products.
Also the language they use is they Vivoka will utilise Teksu product. The implication is that this product will contain AKIDA.
If so = revenue at some point.

Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
What a great in-depth interview by Sally - it does help to throw the spotlight on the similarities and differences between Synsense tech and Akida.

On interesting thing is that this 2021 Synsense patent application uses analog neurons:
WO2023284142A1 SIGNAL PROCESSING METHOD FOR NEURON IN SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK AND METHOD FOR TRAINING SAID NETWORK

1683776546240.png

The Synsense Prophesee partnership was announced 18 months ago, so pesumably they had been working together for about 2 years.

https://www.shunlongwei.com/synsens... the edge for event-based vision applications.

BrainChip/Prophesee was announced just under a year ago, tacitly acknowledging that Akida blew the socks off Dynap-CNN (which has also been combined with Inivation's DVS in Speck):

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-par...omputer-vision-ai-performance-and-efficiency/

So have Synsense developed a digital SNN in the last year?

I know that Chinese engineers are clever and industrious, but is Sechuan sauce as good as Thorpe's elixir?

Another thing which the interview brings out is the difference between chip customers and IP customers - don't mention spiking neural networks - you'll frighten the horses!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

Diogenese

Top 20
With due respect I prefer to get my analysis of the world economy from a credible source. Sorry if they offer a different explanation to your opinion.

Global growth to slow to 2.6% in 2023​

Russia’s war of aggression against Ukraine continues to overshadow the world economy. Despite recent signs of improvement, recovery over the next two years is expected to be moderate.
Global growth slowed in 2022 to 3.3%, more than 1 percentage point weaker than expected at the end of 2021, mainly weighed down by Russia’s war of aggression in Ukraine and the associated cost-of-living crisis in many countries.
Growth is projected to remain at below-trend rates in 2023 and 2024, at 2.6% and 2.9% respectively.
A key factor in the improvement in activity and sentiment in early 2023 was the recent decline in energy and food prices which is boosting purchasing power for most firms and households.
However, the improvement in the outlook is still fragile and downside risks predominate as high uncertainty generated by the war could take a heavy toll on activity.

Well every cloud ...

Unemployment in Russia is down 30%, overcrowding in jails has been reduced ...

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
We start the slow build in SP now in lead up to the AGM.....in the hope the AGM has some tasty nuggets.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 3351

:unsure: ................ mmmmm, ARM/BRN COLLABORATION STARTING TO SINK IN TO THE MARKET?
..........or could it be the, THE RENASAS TAPE-OUT GETTING CLOSER?
..................or could it be, ............................................?

NO, its not "HEY HEY " here, :LOL: just another forum poster with not much to add! ( yeah, change of username, long story )

EXCEPT ........................... "IM FEELIN IT "

AKIDO BALLISTO

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
And another one...

Wi-Fi HaLow and the Evolution of the Smart Home

Page 2 of 2

Wi-Fi HaLow and the Evolution of the Smart Home​

• May 05, 2023
Wi-Fi HaLow IP cameras. The smart home security market is booming. One study projects 120 million home cameras will be purchased in 2023 alone. Another survey found that a majority of home camera owners check footage via smartphone daily. There is a growing demand for wireless home security cameras, and consumers require these systems to be dependable and easy to install.
Most purchasers expect wireless cameras to work out-of-the-box, but the layout of every home is different, which can cause set-up challenges. Rather than relying on wired power supplies or larger batteries, consumers may opt for the convenience, efficiency, and affordability of a longer-range wireless network, such as Wi-Fi HaLow.

Wi-Fi HaLow’s sub-GHz frequency and narrower channels allow reliable wireless connections up to 10 times farther than conventional Wi-Fi, at the same transmitter power levels. Wi-Fi HaLow-based cameras continue to send video at longer distances while traditional Wi-Fi cameras often lose their connections. For these reasons, Wi-Fi HaLow cameras provide a good fit for home security systems that require a combination of longer reach and low-power wireless connectivity.
Long-range access with Wi-Fi networks. Imagine paying a major service provider for internet access and then discovering that your monthly subscription also gives you free Wi-Fi access to any other subscriber’s router in the neighborhood.
You could use Wi-Fi to stream music on your phone during a morning jog, or any number of other use cases. Amazon Sidewalk does just that with a shared network that helps connected devices work better at home and beyond your front door. Sidewalk can unlock device benefits, support other Sidewalk devices in your neighborhood, and find pets or lost items.
It creates a low-bandwidth network with Sidewalk Bridge devices to share a small part of your internet, which is pooled together with neighboring connections to provide these services to you and your community. When more neighbors take part, the Sidewalk network becomes stronger.
The problem with Sidewalk? Nationwide coverage is limited, as is the Wi-Fi range of individual routers. So, the connection would be spotty at best. Users would practically have to stand outside someone’s front door with a laptop to do anything useful. But with Wi-Fi HaLow added to the network, a service provider could potentially offer customers longer-range Wi-Fi coverage as much as a kilometer away from a home router – across whole neighborhoods or cities. That’s an attractive capability for both service providers and their end customers.
The Future of Connectivity
Todays and tomorrow’s vast connectivity options and smart home possibilities are endless. We’ll see smart, connected devices we trust physically interacting with our digital world, enriching our lives, and freeing everyone to focus on what matters most. This vision marks the beginning of a new era of Wi-Fi connectivity for the IoT that promises to be more transformative than any that came before it.
  • About the Author
Michael De Nil is the CEO and Co-Founder of Morse Micro.

Howdy All,

Following on from the above. Here's another Morse Micro LinkedIn post from about 6 hours ago. What I find VERY INTERESTING is who likes this post.

Are we going to see a partnership in the near future between BrainChip + Morse Micro + Amazon (Amazon Sidewalk)? Who knows, but betwen you, me and the lamp-post, I think there's a pretty decent chance.

Pretty sure Eric Wong would have also looked at Morse Micro's previous post (as above) which spelled out the current limitations with Sidewalk.

IMO. DYOR.

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 3.16.04 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 3.15.50 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 3.15.34 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

rgupta

Regular
Howdy All,

Following on from the above. Here's another Morse Micro LinkedIn post from about 6 hours ago. What I find VERY INTERESTING is who likes this post.

Are we going to see a partnership in the near future between BrainChip + Morse Micro + Amazon (Amazon Sidewalk)? Who knows, but betwen you, me and the lamp-post, I think there's a pretty decent chance.

Pretty sure Eric Wong would have also looked at Morse Micro's previous post (as above) which spelled out the current limitations with Sidewalk.

IMO. DYOR.

View attachment 36254
View attachment 36255

View attachment 36256

Morse micro = megachips

Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Slade

Top 20
Credible sauce indeed 🤣

If you actually read the article and read my post, you'll see the article is quoting the "economy" and I've quoted the "stock market" in specific.

Two neurons that spike in the brain and you'll see those two are different.
Connected? Yes.
Different? Absolutely.

Should've gone to SpecSavers 🤓
Put on my specs and can now see closely what you wrote:

Russian "invasion" isn't why people aren't investing in stocks. (USA has been conquering and destroying/bombing nations for decades, stock markets have done fine).

Versus what the OECD is saying:

“However, the improvement in the outlook is still fragile and downside risks predominate as high uncertainty generated by the war could take a heavy toll on activity.”

You seem to questioning the credibility of the OECD. Do you know who they are and what they do?

To be honest I would have let your original post slide but I felt that it was an unfair attack on a forum member aimed at embarrassing him. I thought it was quite passively aggressive but perhaps that’s just me.

I also see that under your stock disclosure that you have appointed yourself as a proponent of the say no brigade. How is that campaign working out for you?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Slade

Top 20
Angry Work GIF

I'd have just taken the L and moved on.

Also, my stock disclosure is none of your business.
What? It’s not a stock disclosure, it’s you advertising to everyone that they can “vote no” at the AGM. Remove it if you don’t want anyone to see it.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
No, I am not removing it.
Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.
That's my stock disclosure and it will be there until AGM. You can do whatever you want.
You don't dictate what's right or wrong for every shareholder, certainly not for me.
Oh dear.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

robsmark

Regular
Afternoon all,

I haven’t received a letter or any correspondence re the AGM, could anyone point me in the direction needed to gain a digital invite please? Thanks

Reactions: 1 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
NVISO is a partner of Brainchip so I guess this is relevant to this thread.
It seems NVISO is not taking anymore investors money so we could be seeing a IPO later this year.
The CEO Tim has 20 million shares so I guess it would be in his best interests if they can list while AI is the flavour of the year/ upcoming years.

Reactions: 6 users

manny100

Regular
We start the slow build in SP now in lead up to the AGM.....in the hope the AGM has some tasty nuggets.
Marketing has been cranked up significantly and will continue that way.
The presentations, media etc are not for our direct benefit. They are to attract new investors and developers etc.

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom