BRN Discussion Ongoing

Makeme 2020

Regular

Renesas Is First to Support Public Building Air Quality Standards in Environmental Sensors​

Firmware-Configurable Sensors Can Also Meet EPA and UBA Standards
April 4, 2023
Renesas First to Support Public Building Air Quality Standards in Environmental Sensors
TOKYO, Japan ― Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced new firmware for its industry-leading ZMOD digital air quality sensors. The latest firmware lets engineers configure the sensors to support various green air quality standards for Commercial & Public Buildings, making them the first sensors in the industry to conform to the requirements of multiple global air quality standards. As commercial HVAC systems move towards autonomous monitoring of our air quality, these systems can now monitor and detect harmful gasses in indoor spaces. Support for environmental standards increases the value of end products and reduces the effort needed to qualify manufacturers for government incentives.
Renesas offers support for the Commercial & Public Building standards, as well as other environmental standards, through its ZMOD digital gas sensors. Both the ZMOD4410 indoor air quality sensor and the ZMOD4510 outdoor air quality sensor offer compliance with the standards. The ZMOD sensors offer customers the ability to configure the sensors through firmware with cloud-based connections. This enables both new and existing ZMOD customers to implement support for the building standards around the globe. A wide range of products can take advantage of this support, including HVAC systems, thermostats, smart appliances and smoke detectors.
“We are excited to see Renesas designing and producing sensors that align with green and healthy building standards,” said Stanton Wong, President, RESET International Standard, an organization promoting data collection and continuous monitoring for buildings via standardization. “As awareness of the health impact of environmental factors continues to grow, monitoring the performance of a building via sensors is the best way to understand and optimize for health in indoor spaces. We look forward to the technological innovations Renesas will bring to the industry.”
“Environmental sensors are a vital tool for ensuring the health and safety of occupants in public and commercial buildings,” said DK Singh, Sr. Director of the Sensor Solutions Business at Renesas. “By using our AI-enabled hardware and firmware platform, customers can easily implement advanced sensors that comply with various building air quality standards to provide a safer and healthier environment for people around the world.”

Key Features of the ZMOD Digital Gas Sensors​

• Support for multiple standards for both indoor and outdoor air quality
  • Firmware configurable for unique flexibility with cloud connectivity
  • Artificial intelligence enables training of sensors
  • JEDEC JESD47 qualification ensures 10-year product life
  • Compensation engines support low-level part per billion (PPB) standard requirements
  • Senses TVOC (Total Volatile Organic Compounds), Ozone and Nitrogen Dioxide

Winning Combinations​

Renesas has combined the sensors with other compatible devices from its portfolio, including MCUs, power devices, and wireless connectivity solutions to create multiple Winning Combinations, including the Gas Sensor with Cloud Connection for Industrial Applications. Winning Combinations are technically vetted system architectures from mutually compatible devices that work together seamlessly to bring an optimized, low-risk design for faster time to market. Renesas offers more than 300 Winning Combinations with a wide range of products from the Renesas portfolio to enable customers to speed up the design process and bring their products to market more quickly. All Renesas sensors are part of Renesas’ Quick-Connect development environments to ensure rapid prototyping with minimal coding.

Availability​

Both the ZMOD4410 and ZMOD4510 sensors are available today, along with Commercial & Public firmware. The ZMOD4410-EVK and ZMOD4510-EVK evaluation kits are also available.

About Renesas Electronics Corporation​

Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
(Remarks). All names of products or services mentioned in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

KiKi

Regular
Was having a look at that ISO to see how hard it is....usually are :(

This is from the Synopsys website and the ISO is not an actual legal requirement...yet... but a best practice in reality.

Is ISO 26262 Required?
ISO 26262 is not required by law, but many car makers and suppliers follow it to show their commitment to safety and to improve their products safety. Sometimes customers and regulators might require them to prove they follow the standard. But even if it's not required, it's still considered a good practice and following it can improve the safety of car electronic systems and show customers, regulators and end users the company's commitment to safety.

Gives a pretty detailed run down on what it is etc.

When searching for the ISO I also saw Jan 23 article in Embedded about T2M getting the ISO for certain IP blocks...not us unfortunately haha

Complete ASIL-A,B,C,D and ISO26262 Certified IP Cores from T2M​

By Chad Cox

ASSOCIATE EDITOR
EMBEDDED COMPUTING DESIGN
January 24, 2023

But it did make think of T2M as recalled reading something once that BRN engaged them in the early days for Akida.

I presume they still have a relationship / engagement to market and sell Akida as on the Chip Estimate website they had T2M still flagged but maybe outdated?...though is for the IP so would have to be from when we started moving to IP I presume.

Wonder what reach T2M has?

Akida-Scalable Neural Network AI Silicon IP

IP Preview

Name:Akida-Scalable Neural Network AI Silicon IP

Provider:T2M

Description:AKIDA - Neuromorphic Computing

Overview:The Akida Neuromorphic IP is the first neuromorphic IP available in the market. Inspired by the biological function of neurons but engineered on a digital logic process, this event-based spiking ...

Category:IP Catalog : Digital Core IP :

Processors : Other

Additional data available! Portability, process node, maturity, features, and more can be viewed by logging in with your ChipEstimate.com account.

ISO standards are internationally agreed upon by experts. Think of them as a formula that describes the best way of doing something.
ISO standards are extremely important in all industries, especially in Europe. If things or products are not made according to a specific ISO standard, companies may not buy them, because their company regulation requires that.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
BC292513-E4C6-4FD6-8669-3D3E623DBAC7.png
Apologies if this is common knowledge.
More nuggets here than KFC

🍻

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 35 users
Anyone done a deep dive on Redpoint AI at all?

No TSE keyword search hits.

Just curious as stumbled on them today and pretty keen on SNN.

Might be nothing but maybe 998 extra eyes could help :LOL:

Spiking Neural Network Research​

Efficiency, robustness, and biological plausibility beyond the state-of-the-art.
Contact Us

Neuromorphic machine learning algorithms​

Detect and track objects in real time, identify unusual behavior in data streams from multiple sensors, and optimize decisions by assessing threat levels and resources.
Redpoint AI specializes in developing spiking neural network (SNN) solutions for intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance applications. Our R&D services involve designing and optimizing SNN architectures for real-time object recognition and tracking, anomaly detection, and decision-making tasks. We use the latest SNN algorithms and tools to provide you with efficient, robust, and biologically plausible solutions. Our goal is to help you achieve their ISR objectives with the most advanced and effective SNN technology available.

Detect and Track Objects​

Gain intelligence in real-time

Identify Anomalies​

Bring clarity to noisy and disparate data sources

Make Smarter & Faster Decisions​

Make accurate and effective decisions in complex and dynamic environments

Your mission moves fast​

Gain intelligence in real-time​

As the world becomes more complex and data-rich, it can be challenging to make sense of it all in real-time, particularly in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions. That's where Redpoint AI comes in. We specialize in developing cutting-edge spiking neural network (SNN) solutions for object recognition and tracking in ISR. Our R&D services are designed to help our clients maintain a clear picture of what's happening in real-time, by identifying critical information among the noise, making sense of disparate data sources, and keeping up with rapidly changing situations.
Our SNN solutions are highly efficient and robust, capable of processing noisy, incomplete, or ambiguous data from various sensor inputs such as EO/IR cameras and radar. We use the latest SNN algorithms and tools to design and optimize custom architectures that meet our clients' specific needs. By leveraging the power of SNNs, we enable our clients to detect and track objects of interest in real-time, providing critical insights into their movement and behavior.

Detect anomalies​

Bring clarity to noisy and disparate data sources​

Sensor data streams from surveillance cameras, acoustic sensors, or communication networks can be noisy, incomplete, or ambiguous. By leveraging the power of SNNs, we enable our clients to detect and respond to potential security threats or abnormal activities with confidence.
We help you achieve your ISR objectives by identifying critical information among the noise, making sense of disparate data sources, and keeping up with rapidly changing situations. Whether it's detecting suspicious individuals or vehicles, or identifying unusual patterns of communication, our SNN solutions bring clarity to even the most complex and data-rich environments.

Complex data makes for complex decisions​

Make accurate and effective decisions in complex and dynamic environments​

Making informed decisions is critical in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) applications. SNNs can account for complex interactions between variables, making them well-suited for decision-making tasks that involve multiple factors and variables.
We work closely with clients like you to understand their specific needs and design custom architectures that optimize resource deployment and enable real-time assessment and response to potential threats.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

TECH

Regular
Good afternoon/evening,

One thing is certain, if Qualcomm wish to engage with us if they haven't been already, well, an IP License will surface sooner than later.
They obviously do everything in-house, but I can't see them going via MegaChips or Renesas, but maybe I'm completely wrong like my
ex-partner used to enjoy reminding me about all the time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🙃

When you think about the edge, or in our case the far edge, it's fitting that we will be heading out into space and beyond, I wonder if
we venture out too far, will we fall off the edge :ROFLMAO:

Think about MH370, allegedly lying at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, now think about how Akida could really help in deep underwater
mapping, sensing in an AUV....the oceans are the reverse of going out into space, it's an edge that hasn't really been explored at all in real terms.

There are some interesting projects underway in this area, could be a dot or two lurking in this deep underwater surveillance sector.

My opinion anyway.

Tech. (y)

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 39 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
This is from Qualcomm aired today .
It runs for 45 min . I found it all very interesting.

@Diogenese from the 39 minute mark you may find some interest from what’s been discussed on here today

Dr. Vinesh Sukumar, a senior director and head of AI/ML product management at Qualcomm Technologies.

Some guy by the name of Rob Telson liked it too

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Good afternoon/evening,

One thing is certain, if Qualcomm wish to engage with us if they haven't been already, well, an IP License will surface sooner than later.
They obviously do everything in-house, but I can't see them going via MegaChips or Renesas, but maybe I'm completely wrong like my
ex-partner used to enjoy reminding me about all the time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🙃

When you think about the edge, or in our case the far edge, it's fitting that we will be heading out into space and beyond, I wonder if
we venture out too far, will we fall off the edge :ROFLMAO:

Think about MH370, allegedly lying at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, now think about how Akida could really help in deep underwater
mapping, sensing in an AUV....the oceans are the reverse of going out into space, it's an edge that hasn't really been explored at all in real terms.

There are some interesting projects underway in this area, could be a dot or two lurking in this deep underwater surveillance sector.

My opinion anyway.

Tech. (y)
Tony Dawe mentioned that if someone is using Akida, they wouldn't be keeping it a secret and would be using it in their marketing so I just want one of these bloody dots to start shouting it from the rooftops. Preferably Qualcomm!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

The Pope

Regular
Your Holiness,

I have said all I'm going to say on Qualcomm, repeatedly.
Appears you haven’t Diogenese as you posted more today. Catching up on more of your Qualcomm posts. Lol

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Appears you haven’t Diogenese as you posted more today. Catching up on more of your Qualcomm posts. Lol
He's a good Catholic boy and how could he refuse Your Eminence. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Tony Dawe mentioned that if someone is using Akida, they wouldn't be keeping it a secret and would be using it in their marketing so I just want one of these bloody dots to start shouting it from the rooftops. Preferably Qualcomm!!
I’m with you @alwaysgreen if we land this giant the share price will be deep Green for many a month .
The below article is from a couple of weeks ago .

Seems like the big Q is gearing up to monster the EV world

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

Attachments

• PI_MB_MM_AMG_GLS_2023_en_1.pdf
    162.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Wow
  • Fire

VictorG

• Fire
  • Love
Thanks mate, I honestly forgot what iso cert was.
There is a video somewhere if I remember correctly Anil explaining something about iso. just play the video it's right at the beginning.✌️
Was having a look at that ISO to see how hard it is....usually are :(

This is from the Synopsys website and the ISO is not an actual legal requirement...yet... but a best practice in reality.

Is ISO 26262 Required?
ISO 26262 is not required by law, but many car makers and suppliers follow it to show their commitment to safety and to improve their products safety. Sometimes customers and regulators might require them to prove they follow the standard. But even if it's not required, it's still considered a good practice and following it can improve the safety of car electronic systems and show customers, regulators and end users the company's commitment to safety.

Gives a pretty detailed run down on what it is etc.

When searching for the ISO I also saw Jan 23 article in Embedded about T2M getting the ISO for certain IP blocks...not us unfortunately haha

Complete ASIL-A,B,C,D and ISO26262 Certified IP Cores from T2M​

By Chad Cox

ASSOCIATE EDITOR
EMBEDDED COMPUTING DESIGN
January 24, 2023

But it did make think of T2M as recalled reading something once that BRN engaged them in the early days for Akida.

I presume they still have a relationship / engagement to market and sell Akida as on the Chip Estimate website they had T2M still flagged but maybe outdated?...though is for the IP so would have to be from when we started moving to IP I presume.

Wonder what reach T2M has?

Akida-Scalable Neural Network AI Silicon IP

IP Preview

Name:Akida-Scalable Neural Network AI Silicon IP

Provider:T2M

Description:AKIDA - Neuromorphic Computing

Overview:The Akida Neuromorphic IP is the first neuromorphic IP available in the market. Inspired by the biological function of neurons but engineered on a digital logic process, this event-based spiking ...

Category:IP Catalog : Digital Core IP :

Processors : Other

Additional data available! Portability, process node, maturity, features, and more can be viewed by logging in with your ChipEstimate.com account.
"ASIL refers to Automotive Safety Integrity Level. It is a risk classification system defined by the ISO 26262 "

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
What is everyone thinking of the new GLS?
View attachment 33622
View attachment 33624

Learning 🏖
In answer to your question. Not much 😂
Impending mid-life crisis I need something that is totally outrageous.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Getupthere

Regular

• Fire
  • Love

TechGirl

Founding Member
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 34 users

Foxdog

Regular
Yes so the silence isn't just because of NDA's unfortunately. Tony is pretty much saying that no one has implemented AKIDA in a commercial product yet. Time is ticking on Gen 2 as well - where are those customers who wanted the upgrades. Surely it wouldn't take too long for them to determine that the new features suit their needs (they would have already done extensive testing on Gen 1) so it should just be a re-run with the new tech. There seems to be significant difficulty in signing deals here, regardless of how revolutionary and beneficial AKIDA might be.

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi All,

Bit more detail about Valeo SCALA 3 LiDAR, they say they are working with new partners, so I am going to take that as we BrainChip are their new partners.

View attachment 33625

View attachment 33626

BrainChip is an old Valeo partner.

... the new partners are the leading Asian manufacturer and the leading US robotaxi company ... and there's also Stellantis and GM. Luminar have muddied the waters re the future of Mercedes, but the upcoming Mercedes will be Valeo.

Stellantis owns several brands, including:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Intel inside…
Built on ARM…
DRUM ROLL 🥁

Brainchipped

• Love
Top Bottom