BRN Discussion Ongoing

ndefries

Regular
If Megachips incorporates Micro Morse into the devices with Akida our IOT solutions will be even more special!

View attachment 33209
MegaChip bought into Morse and that is exactly their plan. MegaChips= Future Mega IOT revenue

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Great new video from SiFive explaining the importance of ecosystems & the future of RISC-V, no mention of Brainchip but still a good indication of where things are headed.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
The World is a funny place at the moment. Elon Musk is calling for CHATGpt to be put on hold until the world catches up yet his own company faked videos to give the impression that their vehicles were already capable of autonomous driving. California has decided reparations for damage done to its black population currently stands at about 800 billion dollars and loss of life expectancy requires an immediate payment of $1 million dollars to all elderly black people in California. A black male in the USA has an average life expectancy of 71 years but a black male in Africa has an average life expectancy of 61 years. While the longevity disparity between black and white is a cause for concern at the same time the socially disadvantage Hispanic American population has a longer life span than the privileged white American population. Harvard researchers have suggested that the Hispanic diet is likely behind this disparity yet Americans of all backgrounds love the super sized fast meal and flock to food eating competitions. Will the elderly millionaires be able to now eat even more fast food and will this further reduce life expectancy or will they be able to afford medicines that allow them to balance out the effects of poor diet just like the white people. Language is changed in articles to make them gender neutral and a poster feels compelled to apologise for noticing this change. Companies are allowing hackers to steal our personal information every single day and these same companies lecture us on how to protect our data but never mention that the answer to protecting our data is not to give it to these companies in the first place. We contact a company to ask something like their postal address and they insist on having you give them personal information to identify yourself before they will talk to you. The same company will then ring you on the contact number you gave them and insist that you give them personal information before they will tell you why they have called. Young people are protesting in the street about the older generations destroying their futures while at the same time industry in Europe is complaining that the size of the exchanges now needed to handle the social media interactions and use of CHATGpt of this same group of young people is affecting their ability to draw enough electricity from the grid to operate and provide employment.

The point of all this is not political but simply to point out how illogical the world actually is and why when a tiny little company like Brainchip born in a diminutive player on the world stage Australia, and not able to label itself as having been born in Silicon Valley, has had such trouble breaking through even though it has in its hands a new paradigm that will change the way computing is done, how much power it can save the World and how it will restore the ability of the individual to control the flow of their personal information.

I have said it and others have as well compared with 2021 when you could search for days and not find anything new about AKIDA and Brainchip where we are now in 2023 is quite frankly unbelievable.

The technology World is finally waking up to the genius of Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar and this is occurring despite the lack of logic that permeates every corner of the World resisting the application of common sense and intellectual rigor.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 91 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Yeah, I get that. But this is a BRN thread, not one devoted to the failings of the ASX.............
Have you seen the manipulation and bot trading on BRN? The shorting campaign? It's all intertwined.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Inspirational old interview of the great Peter Van Der Made

He explains so eloquently the benefits of Akida

June 2021

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I am the first to say I have no clue what I just read here 🤪 but question is not so much if Tachyum already have Akida IP in its design, rather do Akida fit their processor and what benefits would it have. Why does Tachyum post about brainchip a potential competitor over edge market? Could Akida be incorporated into Tachyum prodigy design?
Hi TFM,

This paragraph explains the thinking behind the Tachyum patent:

[0006] A reason for the peaking of clock speed is an increased influence of factors other than transistor speed. Prior to 2000 the influence of those factors were so small compared to the influence of transistor speed that these other factors were effectively inconsequential; thus clock speed and performance improvements tracked improvements in transistor speed. However, eventually the transistors became so small and fast that the influence of these other factors was no longer negligible and over time evolved into significant limiting factors. One of these factors is the time of transmission, which is set in part by the amount of time it takes for a signal to complete its travel over a wire from whatever source produced the signal to the ALU that would consume it (which includes technical consideration in such time, including but not limited to charging and inductive effects, leakage, etc.).

In other words. it's all down to Mr von Neumann's turtleneck.

Tachyum have addressed the bottleneck issue by shuffling the ALUs, but they have not addressed the ALU problem.

ALUs do not provide sparsity - every bit counts (or multiplies). They are a major reason for the power consumption in old world software CNNs, ALUs being a core part of the classical processor.

Akida does not use ALUs. It uses neuromorphic processing units (NPU), which operate on "events/spikes" rather than numbers - even though Akida can now handle 8-bit weights/activations.

Akida can improve the Tachyum design by orders of magnitude in speed and power usage.

So I can't resist the opportunity to revert to my favourite drawing:

WO2020092691A1 AN IMPROVED SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK

1680133133720.png

The Rembrandt of neural networks!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

jtardif999

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Another interview with Peter Van Der Made, an oldie but a goody :cool:

June 2021

"97% Power saving for same result"

"Excellent relationship with Socionext in Japan, Socionext is the 2nd largest manufacture of chips in the world."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

A link for an article about FDA approval for AI ML medical devices if your interested.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

dippY22

Regular
The World is a funny place at the moment. Elon Musk is calling for CHATGpt to be put on hold until the world catches up yet his own company faked videos to give the impression that their vehicles were already capable of autonomous driving. California has decided reparations for damage done to its black population currently stands at about 800 billion dollars and loss of life expectancy requires an immediate payment of $1 million dollars to all elderly black people in California. A black male in the USA has an average life expectancy of 71 years but a black male in Africa has an average life expectancy of 61 years. While the longevity disparity between black and white is a cause for concern at the same time the socially disadvantage Hispanic American population has a longer life span than the privileged white American population. Harvard researchers have suggested that the Hispanic diet is likely behind this disparity yet Americans of all backgrounds love the super sized fast meal and flock to food eating competitions. Will the elderly millionaires be able to now eat even more fast food and will this further reduce life expectancy or will they be able to afford medicines that allow them to balance out the effects of poor diet just like the white people. Language is changed in articles to make them gender neutral and a poster feels compelled to apologise for noticing this change. Companies are allowing hackers to steal our personal information every single day and these same companies lecture us on how to protect our data but never mention that the answer to protecting our data is not to give it to these companies in the first place. We contact a company to ask something like their postal address and they insist on having you give them personal information to identify yourself before they will talk to you. The same company will then ring you on the contact number you gave them and insist that you give them personal information before they will tell you why they have called. Young people are protesting in the street about the older generations destroying their futures while at the same time industry in Europe is complaining that the size of the exchanges now needed to handle the social media interactions and use of CHATGpt of this same group of young people is affecting their ability to draw enough electricity from the grid to operate and provide employment.

The point of all this is not political but simply to point out how illogical the world actually is and why when a tiny little company like Brainchip born in a diminutive player on the world stage Australia, and not able to label itself as having been born in Silicon Valley, has had such trouble breaking through even though it has in its hands a new paradigm that will change the way computing is done, how much power it can save the World and how it will restore the ability of the individual to control the flow of their personal information.

I have said it and others have as well compared with 2021 when you could search for days and not find anything new about AKIDA and Brainchip where we are now in 2023 is quite frankly unbelievable.

The technology World is finally waking up to the genius of Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar and this is occurring despite the lack of logic that permeates every corner of the World resisting the application of common sense and intellectual rigor.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

That was quite a rant. Wow. I was like what the heck kind of kinky tea is FF drinking this morning??? Anyway, it ended well and I wholeheartedly agree......and will add I actually visit the TSE to acquire that common sense and intellectual rigor. Let's get back to it and leave Hispanic American diets for some distant thread......please. Regards, an organic food consuming and fast foodless American.............. dippY

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
March 2013 - Peter Van De Made article.

Former IBM Chief Scientist Warns of New 'Super Smart' Computers that Can Think Like Humans​

NEWS PROVIDED BY
vWISP Pty Ltd.
Mar 19, 2013, 08:30 ET

SHARE THIS ARTICLE​

SYDNEY, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If you think smartphones have made a big impact on our lives today, wait till you see what the computers of tomorrow are capable of.

Peter Van Der Made, current Chief Scientist at vWISP based in Western Australia has spent over a decade studying the human brain and understanding how to replicate it in computer form. He is formerly IBM's Chief Scientist at Internet Security Systems.

His new book, Higher Intelligence, tells the story of a 10-year breakthrough R&D project to build an 'artificial brain' chip that will help computers learn like the human brain.

In 2004, Bill Gates told a class of engineering students: "If you invent a breakthrough in artificial intelligence so machines can learn, that is worth 10 Microsofts."

This breakthrough Gates referred to has now been achieved and is set to change the world in ways that not even Hollywood has imagined.

"By producing computer chips that allow computers to learn for themselves, we have unlocked the next generation of computers and artificial intelligence," Mr Van Der Made says.

We are on the brink of a revolution now where the computers of tomorrow will be built to do more than we ever imagined.

"Current computers are great tools for number crunching, statistical analysis, or surfing the Internet. But their usefulness is limited when it comes to being able to think for themselves and develop new skills," he says.

The synthetic brain chip of tomorrow can evolve through learning, rather than being programmed.

Instead of us buying apps for our smartphones to make them 'smarter', Van Der Made says new super smart computers, machines and mobile devices will be making themselves smarter without our help.

The fact that the human brain learns as it gathers and applies knowledge is one thing that has been overlooked in the past 70 years of people trying to develop computers with artificial intelligence.

This new approach to creating 'super smart computers' is set to revolutionize the world of computing and technology.

Van Der Made's new book Higher Intelligence, that explains the 'super smart revolution' in more detail, is available now through amazon.com and Barnes & Noble, and more information, including a sample chapter can be found at the books' web site: http://higherintelligencebook.com

Contacts:
Peter van der Made
+61-404-903-481
pmade@vwisp.net.au
http://higherintelligencebook.com
SOURCE vWISP Pty Ltd.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Mugen74

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Kachoo

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
A bit of movement at the station
Now that i've said that it is guaranteed to fall😁😩

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users
That was quite a rant. Wow. I was like what the heck kind of kinky tea is FF drinking this morning??? Anyway, it ended well and I wholeheartedly agree......and will add I actually visit the TSE to acquire that common sense and intellectual rigor. Let's get back to it and leave Hispanic American diets for some distant thread......please. Regards, an organic food consuming and fast foodless American.............. dippY
It does not pay to read widely and have a good memory if you want to retain your faith in humanity. 😂🤣😂🤣😂o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Henry Ford has a lot to answer for.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
When I started my Apprenticeship as a painter I was sent to the paint shop to get a gallon of rainbow paint.
I sent my apprentice chef on his first day down Queens Road towards StKilda to borrow a soufflé pump from any restaurant that might have one .

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

skutza

Regular
Well after using the Tesla now for nearly a week, I have to say they are brilliant. However, it is clear that cameras Mr Musk, are not the future. I didn't buy the car to use autonomous driving I have solar and the car charges basically for free and service in nonexistent. My brakes will last forever as the only time I have used them so far is to change the gear from D to R etc.

How does this relate to BRN, well because Mercedes is going to kill Tesla if Elon doesn't change his ways. In the dark, any pedestrian wearing dark clothes is often not picked up. (found this out at a pedestrian crossing). After not seeing the person I looked at the car screen and it didn't see anyone either. In the dark it didn't pick up my closed front gate (on the screen, sensors did), I assume if it was in autonomous driving we would have hit it? Wasn't willing to risk it :). The auto high/low beam is a good idea, but it often gets confused so I've taken that off to manual. One shot learning for this car would be amazing IMO, it could make the experience so much greater. Interaction with the voice commands isn't great as I don't think it understands different ways of saying things. (not intelligent).

I know it sounds like I'm bagging the car after saying I love it, but as you can see it's the small details that could make it so much better. Reading all the LinkedIn posts by Mercedes and their articles, they seem to get it. They have seen where Elon has failed and they are more and ready and willing to be that premium supplier of EV's that "think like you". What I think is, once the fun of the Tesla has worn thin and my childish obsession with getting to 150 in 5 seconds disappears.... ;) the refined driving experience that Mercedes "WILL" achieve, will be a Tesla dominance killer.

Unless of course Elon swallows his pride and rings Sean.

Oh BTW, the steering wheel hasn't come off yet, that's a plus.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
Interesting that the article has been ‘woked’ and is gender neutral. No ‘he’ or ‘his’, just ‘they’ and ‘their’. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
If you look 👀 carefully at the way the tie has been knotted . That is the new woke style

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Proposal Number:
21-2- H6.22-1743

Phase 1 Contract #:
80NSSC21C0233

Subtopic Title:
Deep Neural Net and Neuromorphic Processors for In-Space Autonomy and Cognition

Proposal Title:
Neuromorphic Enhanced Cognitive Radio

Small Business Concern

Firm:

Intellisense Systems, Inc.

Address:

21041 South Western Avenue, Torrance, CA 90501

Phone:

(310) 320-1827

Principal Investigator:

Name:

Mr. Wenjian Wang Ph.D.

E-mail:

wwang@intellisenseinc.com

Address:

21041 South Western Avenue, CA 90501 - 1727

Phone:

(310) 320-1827

Business Official:

Name:

Selvy Utama

E-mail:

notify@intellisenseinc.com

Address:

21041 South Western Avenue, CA 90501 - 1727

Phone:

(310) 320-1827

Summary Details:

Estimated Technology Readiness Level (TRL) :
Begin: 3
End: 4

Technical Abstract (Limit 2000 characters, approximately 200 words):
Intellisense Systems, Inc. proposes in Phase II to advance development of a Neuromorphic Enhanced Cognitive Radio (NECR) device to enable autonomous space operations on platforms constrained by size, weight, and power (SWaP). NECR is a low-size, -weight, and -power (-SWaP) cognitive radio built on the open-source framework, i.e., GNU Radio and RFNoC™, with new enhancements in environment learning and improvements in transmission quality and data processing. Due to the high efficiency of spiking neural networks and their low-latency, energy-efficient implementation on neuromorphic computing hardware, NECR can be integrated into SWaP-constrained platforms in spacecraft and robotics, to provide reliable communication in unknown and uncharacterized space environments such as the Moon and Mars. In Phase II, Intellisense will improve the NECR system for cognitive communication capabilities accelerated by neuromorphic hardware. We will refine the overall NECR system architecture to achieve cognitive communication capabilities accelerated by neuromorphic hardware, on which a special focus will be the mapping, optimization, and implementation of smart sensing algorithms on the neuromorphic hardware. The Phase II smart sensing algorithm library will include Kalman filter, Carrier Frequency Offset estimation, symbol rate estimation, energy detection- and matched filter-based spectrum sensing, signal-to-noise ratio estimation, and automatic modulation identification. These algorithms will be implemented on COTS neuromorphic computing hardware such as Akida processor from BrainChip, and then integrated with radio frequency modules and radiation-hardened packaging into a Phase II prototype. - (Of course any doubt that might have existed as a result of the use of the words "such as Akida" has been obliterated by the wording of the recent partnership announcement "“We are excited to partner with BrainChip and leverage their state-of-the-art neuromorphic technology,” said Frank T. Willis, President and CEO of Intellisense. “By integrating BrainChip’s Akida processor into our cognitive radio solutions, we will be able to provide our customers with an unparalleled level of performance, adaptability and reliability.”)

At the end of Phase II, the prototype will be delivered to NASA for testing and evaluation, along with a plan describing a path to meeting fault and tolerance requirements for mission deployment and API documents for integration with CubeSat, SmallSat, and rover for flight demonstration.

Potential NASA Applications (Limit 1500 characters, approximately 150 words):
NECR technology will have many NASA applications due to its low-SWaP and low-cost cognitive sensing capability. It can be used to enhance the robustness and reliability of space communication and networking, especially cognitive radio devices. NECR can be directly transitioned to the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD) Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) Program, CubeSat, SmallSat, and rover to address the needs of the Cognitive Communications project.

Potential Non-NASA Applications (Limit 1500 characters, approximately 150 words):
NECR technology’s low-SWaP and low-cost cognitive sensing capability will have many non-NASA applications. The NECR technology can be integrated into commercial communication systems to enhance cognitive sensing and communication capability. Automakers can integrate the NECR technology into automobiles for cognitive sensing and communication.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users
Top Bottom