BRN Discussion Ongoing

TECH

Regular
Just received an email from our Founder, for the ones who have read the link below, please link it with our founders comment below.

https://lnkd.in/g7_fBhGf

Now that we have announced the 2nd generation Akida IP, and built out our sales and marketing teams, we are looking forward to an exciting year.

As a rule I never quote Peter as we came to an mutual understanding a few years ago, but in this case, I think I'll be forgiven, as an important message is being shared.

Don't you just love our company and top class staff !!! we are on the way to creating history.

Tech :)(y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 74 users

Diogenese

Top 20
May have been posted but a good reminder to keep a watch for confirmation of whose Ai Renesas teamed up with ARM's M85 Cortex processor and the size of the MCU market that Renesas supplies each year and growing:

Renesas to Demonstrate First AI Implementations on the Arm Cortex-M85 Processor Featuring Helium Technology at Embedded World​

By
IoT - Internet of Things
-
March 12, 2023

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://iot.do/renesas-to-demonstrate-first-ai-implementations-on-the-arm-cortex-m85-processor-featuring-helium-technology-at-embedded-world-2023-03
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Renesas+to+Demonstrate+First+AI+Implementations+on+the+Arm+Cortex-M85+Processor+Featuring+Helium+Technology+at+Embedded+World&url=https://iot.do/renesas-to-demonstrate-first-ai-implementations-on-the-arm-cortex-m85-processor-featuring-helium-technology-at-embedded-world-2023-03&via=IoTdo
https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=https://iot.do/renesas-to-demonstrate-first-ai-implementations-on-the-arm-cortex-m85-processor-featuring-helium-technology-at-embedded-world-2023-03&media=https://iot.do/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/03/m85-ai.jpg&description=Microcontroller Leader to Showcase Superior Performance of New Processor in Demanding AI Use Cases at Embedded World 2023 Exhibition and Conference
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=Renesas+to+Demonstrate+First+AI+Implementations+on+the+Arm+Cortex-M85+Processor+Featuring+Helium+Technology+at+Embedded+World https://iot.do/renesas-to-demonstrate-first-ai-implementations-on-the-arm-cortex-m85-processor-featuring-helium-technology-at-embedded-world-2023-03

Renesas Electronics Corporation will present the first live demonstrations of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) implementations on an MCU based on the Arm® Cortex®-M85 processor. The demos will show the performance uplift in AI/ML applications made possible by the new Cortex-M85 core and Arm’s Helium technology. They will take place in the Renesas stand – Hall 1, Stand 234 (1-234) at the embedded world 2023 Exhibition and Conference in Nuremburg, Germany from March 14-16.
At embedded world in 2022, Renesas became the first company to demonstrate working silicon based on the Arm Cortex-M85 processor. This year, Renesas is extending its leadership by showcasing the features of the new processor in demanding AI use cases. The first demonstration showcases a people detection application developed in collaboration with Plumerai, a leader in Vision AI, that identifies and tracks persons in the camera frame in varying lighting and environmental conditions. The compact and efficient TinyML models used in this application lead to low-cost and lower power AI solutions for a wide range of IoT implementations. The second demo showcases a motor control predictive maintenance use case with an AI-based unbalanced load detection application using Tensorflow Lite for Microcontrollers with CMSIS-NN.
Delivering over 6 CoreMark/MHz, Cortex-M85 enables demanding IoT use cases that require the highest compute performance and DSP or ML capability, realized on a single, simple-to-program Cortex-M processor. The Arm Cortex-M85 processor features Helium technology, Arm’s M-Profile Vector Extension, available as part of the Armv8.1M architecture. It delivers a significant performance uplift for machine learning (ML) and digital signal processing (DSP) applications, accelerating compute-intensive applications such as endpoint AI. Both demos will showcase the performance uplift made possible by the application of this technology in AI use cases. Cortex-M hallmarks such as deterministic operation, short interrupt response time, and state-of-the-art low-power support are uncompromised on Cortex-M85.
“We’re proud to again lead the industry in implementing the powerful new Arm Cortex-M85 processor with Helium technology,” said Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President in Renesas’ IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit. “By showcasing the performance of AI on the new processor, we are highlighting technical advantages of the new platform and at the same time demonstrating Renesas’ strengths in providing solutions for emerging applications with our innovative ecosystem partners.”
“We’re excited to take part in this ground-breaking demonstration,” said Roeland Nusselder, CEO of Plumerai. “Arm’s Helium technology supported on the new RA MCUs with the Cortex-M85 core significantly accelerates the Plumerai inference engine. This performance uplift will enable our customers to use larger and more accurate versions of Plumerai’s People Detection AI, add additional product features, and extend battery life. Our customers have an insatiable appetite for adding new and more accurate AI features that run on a microcontroller. Together with Renesas, we are the first to fulfill this demand.”
Renesas will implement the new Arm processor within its RA (Renesas Advanced) Family of MCUs. Renesas has quickly become a leader in the Arm MCU market, offering a feature rich family of over 250 different MCUs. Renesas has developed a robust ecosystem of partners providing customers with comprehensive solutions for IoT, AI/ML, industrial automation, medical, building automation, home appliance and multiple other applications.
The new Cortex-M85 core supports Arm TrustZone® technology for protection of secure assets. Combined with TrustZone, Renesas’ integrated cryptographic engine, immutable storage, key management, and tamper protection against DPA/SPA side-channel attacks will provide a comprehensive and fully integrated secure element functionality. The Armv8-M architecture also brings Pointer Authentication/Branch Target Identification (PAC/BTI) security extension, a new architectural feature that provides enhanced mitigation from software attack threats and helps achieve PSA Certified Level 2 certification.
The new RA MCUs based on the Cortex-M85 core will be supported by Renesas’ Flexible Software Package (FSP). The FSP enables faster application development by providing all the infrastructure software needed, including multiple RTOS, BSP, peripheral drivers, middleware, connectivity, networking, and security stacks as well as reference software to build complex AI, motor control and graphics solutions. It allows customers to integrate their own legacy code and choice of RTOS with FSP, thus providing full flexibility in application development. Using the FSP will ease migration of existing designs to the new RA devices.

Winning Combinations​

Renesas will combine the new RA MCUs with numerous compatible devices from its portfolio to offer a wide array of Winning Combinations. These Winning Combinations are technically vetted system architectures from mutually compatible devices that work together seamlessly to bring an optimized, low-risk design for faster time to market. Renesas offers more than 300 Winning Combinations with a wide range of products from the Renesas portfolio to enable customers to speed up the design process and bring their products to market more quickly. They can be found at renesas.com/win.

Renesas MCU Leadership

A world leader in MCUs, Renesas ships more than 3.5 billion units per year, with approximately 50% of shipments serving the automotive industry, and the remainder supporting industrial and Internet of Things applications as well as data center and communications infrastructure. Renesas has the broadest portfolio of 8-, 16- and 32-bit devices, and is the industry’s No. 1 supplier of both 16- and 32-bit MCUs, delivering unmatched quality and efficiency with exceptional performance. As a trusted supplier, Renesas has decades of experience designing smart, secure MCUs, backed by a dual-source production model, the industry’s most advanced MCU process technology and a vast network of more than 200 ecosystem partners."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
"featuring helium technology" is an indication to me that it does not include Akida.

As I said before, I think that Akida would make helium redundant.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
"featuring helium technology" is an indication to me that it does not include Akida.

Even if it is the two node Renesas/AKIDA MCU?

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 2 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Even if it is the two node Renesas/AKIDA MCU?

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I think helium does the low end AI/ML.

https://www.arm.com/technologies/helium
"Arm Helium technology is the M-Profile Vector Extension (MVE) for the Arm Cortex-M processor series. Helium is an extension of the Armv8.1-M architecture and delivers a significant performance uplift for machine learning (ML) and digital signal processing (DSP) applications."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

M_C

Founding Member

Screenshot_20230329_174056_LinkedIn.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
I think helium does the low end AI/ML.

https://www.arm.com/technologies/helium
"Arm Helium technology is the M-Profile Vector Extension (MVE) for the Arm Cortex-M processor series. Helium is an extension of the Armv8.1-M architecture and delivers a significant performance uplift for machine learning (ML) and digital signal processing (DSP) applications."
So what is Renesas bringing to the M85 table???

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

cassip

Regular
Hi to all,

no trade of BRN shares until now today at Tradegate, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Stuttgart... unusual (?)

Regards
cassip

• Wow
Reactions: 16 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Has anybody got access to this article? It's behind a paywall for me but could be an interesting read (re share price and bot manipulation).

"The corporate watchdog is investigating whether market operator ASX Ltd or its directors breached corporate laws in their handling of a failed technology project to overhaul critical financial infrastructure".

I know from a friend that the ASX invested $75 million into a blockchain system that would apparently solve a number of issues on the ASX with bot trading but they just gave up on it. I assume that's what the article is discussing. Nice to be able to blow that much on a little r&d project that never eventuates, continue to allow bot trading and still be extremely profitable.
Monopolies are terrible!

No doubt they will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

manny100

Regular
Interesting week to play out SP wise.
We have a possible 'begginers' set up which may play out.
Most experienced chartists have likely long forgotten about it.
I have yet to Graduate out of Beginners - also known as TA Sandpit.
The weekly chart shows a new low last week.
So far this week we have traded above that low. This must continue for the set up.
Last weeks high was 47.5 cents.
If we close this week at 47.5 cents or more we may well be in for a decent bull rally.
Interestingly the XJO (ASX200) shows the same set up which may or may not play out.
These set ups do not always play out but the last big/huge move did.
The set up is supported by a possible bullish divergence on the short and medium/long term MACH on the BRN chart.
Momentum makes and breaks trends and this often shows up in divergences.
Ther short term Donchian Channel targets are 53 cents and 57.5 cents. The 20 day Donchian has a target of 60 cents for BRN if the set up plays out.
For it to play out we need to buyers/sentiment pick up - which seems to be on the improve??
DYO research.
Weekly Chart below.

Attachments

• BRN 29 MARCH23.png
    BRN 29 MARCH23.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 48

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

Didnt you read a good science book on helium? Couldnt put it down!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

Getupthere

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Has anybody got access to this article? It's behind a paywall for me but could be an interesting read (re share price and bot manipulation).

"The corporate watchdog is investigating whether market operator ASX Ltd or its directors breached corporate laws in their handling of a failed technology project to overhaul critical financial infrastructure".

I know from a friend that the ASX invested $75 million into a blockchain system that would apparently solve a number of issues on the ASX with bot trading but they just gave up on it. I assume that's what the article is discussing. Nice to be able to blow that much on a little r&d project that never eventuates, continue to allow bot trading and still be extremely profitable.
Monopolies are terrible!
Evening Alwaysgreen,

Just to show how incompetent and disjointed our systems in Australia is....

Is it any wonder the manipulation on our market goes unhinderd.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20230329_185038.jpg
    20230329_185038.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users

rgupta

Regular
Never a painter but had a few second jobs and was picking up the paint from Wattle out at Blacktown during a heat wave and there was a car parked near where you pulled up to go into the trade shop and the interior was covered in paint. Apparently an apprentice had loaded up his car in a great hurry and drove out of the depo at high speed hit the speed hump at the gate and all the paint tin lids let go covering the interior and the apprentice in paint. Never did find out what happened to the car or the apprentice. This was back in the mid 70's. Don't think even Brainchip AKIDA would have been able to have solved that one.
If akida is driving a car in that situation then definitely it would had negotiated the bump much better way than the tradie and problem was solved.

Terroni2105

Founding Member
  • Love
  • Fire

cosors

👀
Welcome aboard from me too!

To the others: Our information pool here is already quite extensive:

"Meet BrickML, the first product based on the Edge Impulse “Industrial Monitoring” reference design, focused on providing machine learning processing for industrial/machine monitoring applications. Built in collaboration with Reloc and Zalmotek, BrickML can be used to track numerous aspects of industrial machinery performance via its multitude of embedded sensors."
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-260660

Frangipani

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Monopolies are terrible!

No doubt they will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist.
@alwaysgreen

Here ya go mate.

ASX Ltd: Watchdog investigates sharemarket operator over failed tech project

The Sydney Morning Herald

ASX Ltd: Watchdog investigates sharemarket operator over failed tech project​

Clancy Yeates

ByClancy Yeates

March 29, 2023 — 4.16pm

The corporate watchdog is investigating whether market operator ASX Ltd or its directors breached corporate laws in their handling of a failed technology project to overhaul critical financial infrastructure.
In a sign of further fallout from a long-running project that was junked last year, ASX Ltd on Wednesday revealed it was under investigation by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission over the CHESS replacement project.
ASIC is investigating the ASX over potential breaches relating to the ill-fated CHESS replacement project.

ASIC is investigating the ASX over potential breaches relating to the ill-fated CHESS replacement project.CREDIT:AFR
The project had attempted to replace the ASX’s core clearing and settlement system with blockchain-based technology, but it was beset by repeated delays. Last November, the company dumped the project, resulting in $255 million in charges.
The ill-fated project has sparked tougher regulatory scrutiny of ASX Ltd, with the country’s top financial regulators last year blasting the company over the failure, and demanding ASX Ltd produce a series of reports.

Now, ASIC was investigating “suspected contraventions” of corporate laws, ASX Ltd said. It said the watchdog would consider whether ASX Ltd, and/or its officers and directors had breached various sections of the Corporations Act, including those relating to continuous disclosure, misleading and deceptive conduct, and false or misleading statements. The regulator was also investigating whether there were breaches of the ASIC Act, including sections dealing with misleading and deceptive conduct and false or misleading representations.
ASX chief executive Helen Lofthouse  has said the company needed to revisit the design of the CHESS project.

ASX chief executive Helen Lofthouse has said the company needed to revisit the design of the CHESS project.CREDIT:MICHAEL QUELCH
ASX said the probe into suspected contraventions would look at ASX Ltd’s oversight of the CHESS replacement project, and statements and disclosures it had made on the status of the program. “ASX takes its obligations very seriously and will co-operate fully with ASIC,” ASX Ltd said.
ASX Ltd, as well as operating key financial market infrastructure, is also responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with the market’s listing rules, which include rules on continuous disclosure. ASX Ltd has a distinct compliance division that handles the compliance of listed companies. ASIC is responsible for supervising ASX and monitoring ASX’s compliance with the listing rules.
Despite ASIC’s investigation, investors did not appear overly worried about the potential impact on ASX, with its shares rising 0.2 per cent to $64.75 by late afternoon.

An ASIC spokesman confirmed the investigation but did not comment further on the matter. “ASIC acknowledges today’s market announcement by ASX Ltd and confirms that it has commenced an investigation as referred to in the announcement,” he said.

RELATED ARTICLE​

Helen Lofthouse

Blockchain

ASX faces more RBA, ASIC scrutiny after collapse of blockchain project

ASX received the news of ASIC’s investigation on Tuesday night, and on Wednesday ASX Ltd chief executive Helen Lofthouse addressed staff in a meeting on the matter. When the company announced it was dumping the project last year, Lofthouse said it had become clear the company needed to revisit the design of the CHESS project.
CHESS, a system developed in the 1990s, is used to underpin trading on Australia’s sharemarket. In 2015, ASX Ltd started looking at replacement options. In 2016, it selected a partner to develop and test a platform that would use distributed ledger technology.
But the ambitious program was repeatedly delayed before being abandoned in November, a move that left other firms in the financial sector frustrated after the investments they had made in the project. In February, ASIC ordered ASX Ltd to provide two extra reports on the bungled project.

Regulators had also previously said they were considering further action.
The Business Briefing newsletter delivers major stories, exclusive coverage and expert opinion. Sign up to get it every weekday morning.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
If akida is driving a car in that situation then definitely it would had negotiated the bump much better way than the tradie and problem was solved.
You are really putting a lot of weight on AKIDA's shoulders expecting it to compensate for the idiocy of youth.

Our young apprentice had driven into the yard over the very same speed hump so clearly new it was still going to be there on the way out.

What he did not allow for was the expansion of the paint in the tins in the back of his station wagon through the glass windows and the fact that the lids were not secured by tape.

If AKIDA had been driving I strongly suspect that it also would have not learnt about the risk of paint tin explosion going over a speed hump although having experienced it once it would have told all the other AKIDA brothers and sisters across the entire world to adjust for young apprentices without a clue.😂🤣😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
@alwaysgreen

Here ya go mate.

ASX Ltd: Watchdog investigates sharemarket operator over failed tech project

ASX Ltd: Watchdog investigates sharemarket operator over failed tech project​

Clancy Yeates

ByClancy Yeates

March 29, 2023 — 4.16pm

The corporate watchdog is investigating whether market operator ASX Ltd or its directors breached corporate laws in their handling of a failed technology project to overhaul critical financial infrastructure.
In a sign of further fallout from a long-running project that was junked last year, ASX Ltd on Wednesday revealed it was under investigation by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission over the CHESS replacement project.
ASIC is investigating the ASX over potential breaches relating to the ill-fated CHESS replacement project.

ASIC is investigating the ASX over potential breaches relating to the ill-fated CHESS replacement project.CREDIT:AFR
The project had attempted to replace the ASX’s core clearing and settlement system with blockchain-based technology, but it was beset by repeated delays. Last November, the company dumped the project, resulting in $255 million in charges.
The ill-fated project has sparked tougher regulatory scrutiny of ASX Ltd, with the country’s top financial regulators last year blasting the company over the failure, and demanding ASX Ltd produce a series of reports.

Now, ASIC was investigating “suspected contraventions” of corporate laws, ASX Ltd said. It said the watchdog would consider whether ASX Ltd, and/or its officers and directors had breached various sections of the Corporations Act, including those relating to continuous disclosure, misleading and deceptive conduct, and false or misleading statements. The regulator was also investigating whether there were breaches of the ASIC Act, including sections dealing with misleading and deceptive conduct and false or misleading representations.
ASX chief executive Helen Lofthouse  has said the company needed to revisit the design of the CHESS project.

ASX chief executive Helen Lofthouse has said the company needed to revisit the design of the CHESS project.CREDIT:MICHAEL QUELCH
ASX said the probe into suspected contraventions would look at ASX Ltd’s oversight of the CHESS replacement project, and statements and disclosures it had made on the status of the program. “ASX takes its obligations very seriously and will co-operate fully with ASIC,” ASX Ltd said.
ASX Ltd, as well as operating key financial market infrastructure, is also responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with the market’s listing rules, which include rules on continuous disclosure. ASX Ltd has a distinct compliance division that handles the compliance of listed companies. ASIC is responsible for supervising ASX and monitoring ASX’s compliance with the listing rules.
Despite ASIC’s investigation, investors did not appear overly worried about the potential impact on ASX, with its shares rising 0.2 per cent to $64.75 by late afternoon.

An ASIC spokesman confirmed the investigation but did not comment further on the matter. “ASIC acknowledges today’s market announcement by ASX Ltd and confirms that it has commenced an investigation as referred to in the announcement,” he said.

RELATED ARTICLE​

Helen Lofthouse

Blockchain

ASX faces more RBA, ASIC scrutiny after collapse of blockchain project

ASX received the news of ASIC’s investigation on Tuesday night, and on Wednesday ASX Ltd chief executive Helen Lofthouse addressed staff in a meeting on the matter. When the company announced it was dumping the project last year, Lofthouse said it had become clear the company needed to revisit the design of the CHESS project.
CHESS, a system developed in the 1990s, is used to underpin trading on Australia’s sharemarket. In 2015, ASX Ltd started looking at replacement options. In 2016, it selected a partner to develop and test a platform that would use distributed ledger technology.
But the ambitious program was repeatedly delayed before being abandoned in November, a move that left other firms in the financial sector frustrated after the investments they had made in the project. In February, ASIC ordered ASX Ltd to provide two extra reports on the bungled project.

Regulators had also previously said they were considering further action.
The Business Briefing newsletter delivers major stories, exclusive coverage and expert opinion. Sign up to get it every weekday morning.

First question they should ask:

"As the ASX is a relatively small exchange by reference to the NASDAQ why did you not consider upgrading to the system used by the NASDAQ given it is proven and capable of carrying far greater capacity than the ASX is likely to encounter?"

At the same time I would be looking into the ownership of the contracting companies and what if any links might exist to the ASX staff and families past and present. While $75 million was referenced in the headline, in the body of the report it states $255 million. That is a lot of money paid out to achieve we have changed our mind.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Top Bottom