BRN Discussion Ongoing

Steve10

Regular
New - planed for 18th May

Edge ML Series - Boston

Event by Edge Impulse

About​

This exclusive, in-person-only, one-day event will explore the benefits of edge machine learning, ways to differentiate your products with embedded intelligence, and how to deliver value in less time while lowering operational cost using AI tools like Edge Impulse.

Featuring keynotes from industry leaders, hands-on workshops, customer stories, and insights on deploying ML solutions at scale. Plus, plenty of demos and networking opportunities!

Agenda:

8:30–9:00 Registration and coffee

9:00–10:40 Keynotes
◦ Welcome and housekeeping (10 min)
◦ “Demystifying Edge ML” — Edge Impulse keynote (30 min)
◦ Texas Instruments keynote (30 min)
◦ “Edge AI: Ready When You Are!” — BrainChip keynote (30 min)

10:40–11:00 Coffee break (demo area)

11:00–12:00 Seminars
◦ Edge Impulse — use case focus (20 min)
◦ “Why AI acceleration matters for Edge Devices” — Alif (20 min)
◦ Three key parameters to consider when selecting a hardware platform for AI-enable edge-ML are performance, power consumption, and price. This talk will help you maximize your projects chance of success by showing you how to maximize the performance parameter, while keeping the others in-check.
◦ “The advantages of Nordic’s ultra-low-power wireless solutions and machine learning” — Nordic Semiconductors (20 min)

12:00–13:00 Lunch (demo area)‍
◦ Demos from TI, BrainChip, Alif, Nordic

13:00–15:30 Workshops
◦ Texas Instruments hands-on workshop with the TDA4VM (75 min)
◦ Break (15 min)
◦ “Enabling the Age of Intelligent Machines” — Alif workshop (60 min)
Alif Semiconductor and Edge Impulse will demonstrate how anyone can create, train, tune, and deploy advanced machine learning models on the next generation Ensemble family of AI accelerated microcontrollers.

15:30–16:00 Wrap and close See less

Texas Instruments & Nordic Semiconductor are on my customer targets list.

Alif are working with Bosch Sensortec to develop AI sensors using Edge Impulse's platform. Another application with an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU).

Alif, Bosch, Edge Impulse combine for AI sensors​

New Products | November 15, 2022
By Peter Clarke

AI-capable microcontroller supplier Alif Semiconductor Inc. (Pleasanton, Calif.) is teaming up with Bosch Sensortec and Edge Impulse to produce motion-sensing reference designs.

Alif provides the microcontrollers, Bosch Sensortec the sensors and Edge Impulse the development platform in support of machine learning.

Alif claims the combination supports the design of precision motion-sensing products while increasing performance, lowering power consumption, and establishing security. The company did not say what benchmark it was comparing against.

Alif said it hopes to sell into applications such as game controllers, predictive maintenance, and the monitoring of industrial machinery and cargo.

Alif and partners are offering reference designs based on the E3 MCU from Alif’s Ensemble family, Bosch Sensortec’s BMI323, Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Edge Impulse’s development platform for machine learning.

Big-little like​

The E3 MCU employs dual processing domains that accelerate machine learning. A high-efficiency processor is set to be always-on at minimum energy consumption while the high-performance processor sleeps until awoken by the first processor. It then executes heavier workloads rapidly and then returns to sleep.

In the reference design the BMI323 IMU feeds precision acceleration and angular rate data to the MCU. Edge Impulse’s platform is used to rapidly train an ML model to identify complex continuous gestures such as multiple characters, symbols, and anomalies in repeating complex movement patterns.

A machine learning model can be created in less than one hour and then deployed to the E3 MCU to detect and identify a complex multi-directional motion pattern and translate it to a symbol. While running, the time to complete the inference operation required to identify the gesture pattern is only 280 microseconds.

“The increase in inference speed directly translates to lower system-level power consumption and could also be used for this kind of solution to operate at significantly higher symbol rates. This opens the door to deploying smart sensors in ways that are not achievable today,” said Stefan Finkbeiner, CEO at Bosch Sensortec, in a statement issued by Alif Semiconductor.

Related links and articles:

www.alifsemi.com

www.bosch-sensortec.com

www.edgeimpulse.com

It looks like Alif are using ARM's Cortex-M55 + Ethos-U55 micro NPU's for AI/ML acceleration. Ethos-U55 NPU can run CNN, RNN & LSTM. They may need a proper neuromorphic chip such as Cortex-M55 or M85 with Helium tech incl. Akida IP.

Alif's scalable platform family is built on the latest generation embedded processing technology that scales from single Arm® Cortex®-M55 microcontrollers (MCUs) to a new class of multi-core devices, fusion processors, that blend up to two Cortex-M55 MCU cores, up to two Cortex-A32 microprocessors (MPU) cores capable of running high-level operating systems, and up to two Arm Ethos™-U55 microNPUs for AI/ML acceleration.

Image Classification, for 1 inference, M-55 + U-55 is:

• 800x faster than previous gen Cortex-M
  • 78x faster than M-55 alone (8 vs 624 msec)
  • 76x less energy than M-55 alone (3 vs 228 mJ)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Gemmax

Regular
Hi mate

Thanks for the kind message and checking in, good to know someone noticed my absence haha!

I’ve been meaning to share this news with the forum for a while but have been a little time poor.

My partner and I welcomed the arrival of our daughter, Ellie Mae, on the 17th of February.

I got back to work this week after having taken 3 weeks of parental leave.

In that time I didn’t do much posting, if any, on TSEX. I was focusing on being as present and supportive as possible for my partner. I did read through the threads and check the post of the day regularly though so don’t feel like I missed too much!

Thanks to @BienSuerte for checking in to see how we were going, it was hugely appreciated ❤

View attachment 32360 View attachment 32362

Cheers all x
Ellie Mae takes me back to countless hours watching the Beverly Hill Billies!
All the best to you!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
DE0F21A7-DCAB-4070-8589-F577A35870E2.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 68 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hi mate

Thanks for the kind message and checking in, good to know someone noticed my absence haha!

I’ve been meaning to share this news with the forum for a while but have been a little time poor.

My partner and I welcomed the arrival of our daughter, Ellie Mae, on the 17th of February.

I got back to work this week after having taken 3 weeks of parental leave.

In that time I didn’t do much posting, if any, on TSEX. I was focusing on being as present and supportive as possible for my partner. I did read through the threads and check the post of the day regularly though so don’t feel like I missed too much!

Thanks to @BienSuerte for checking in to see how we were going, it was hugely appreciated ❤

View attachment 32360 View attachment 32362

Cheers all x
Thanks mate ... such fantastic news 💕.. Thrilled for you both ... catch up soon for a celebration 🍾🥂🥂🍾 🍼🐤:cool:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

jtardif999

Regular
A peek at some of STMicroelectronics' customers & applications.

The STM site is loaded with applications all mentioned by BRN. If not now then definitely in future.
STM were mentioned and listed as potential customers in LDN webinar slides back in 18/19 - before BRN put up the shutters.

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

charmander

Regular

View attachment 32285
Hey friends - trying to wrap my head around this one from a commercial point of view, hoping someone smarter than I can help me (there may be others too?) out here.

So unless I am reading this wrong (or reading too much into the specific wording), we have been providing ANT61 chips directly? Does this mean a license would need to be purchased, or can chips be procured directly at $X a pop? And of course tack ongoing engineering and consultancy fees on top of that.

If I have mucked up and this is likely an arrangement through Renesas or MegaChips, my apologies!

More great validation of our product and as you can see from the LinkedIn post this has piqued the interest of others in similar industries which is great!

Reactions: 13 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

So glad to see our synapse symbol still has a place in our marketing ecosystem.
Done in orange it really makes the blue of the lettering "pop" and was afraid after seeing its virtual dismissal from the website, that Jerome may have banished it for good. Note they are still using it on the about page (of the website) as virtual asterisks in front of the Brainchip global addresses. And (perhaps) different graphics guys are still playing around with it somewhat as evidenced by the use of it as the dot above the i in akida in some signage.
Long live our synapse!
A simple yet elegant, expressive and differentiating part of our branding.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

stuart888

Regular
Thanks for the breakdown of the podcast @stuart888 I was hoping someone would ❤️
Some text for the busy folks (babies/operations/wow)!

The two that we've particularly that we have partnered with are BrainChip and Quadric, and we chose them for a combination of reasons and really in the end, the same.

Speaker2: [00:13:30] Number one, they both had incredible capability. They had, you know, the technical expertise and the performance demonstrated. We were able to demonstrate performance that was that was right at the leading edge of the marketplace.

Secondly, they had some real traction in the marketplace. They had been out talking to customers for a year or two already, had had significant customer engagements, and these customers were starting to get to the point of actually wanting to do actual designs with these products.

And third is that both companies had the appropriate proof of proof of capability in Silicon and the software support environment to make it possible to successfully integrate these the evaluate and integrate these chips or this IP onto onto ASICs chips. So that was a combination of reasons we chose to because we think they were largely complementary.

Brainchip is a very unique capability. It has on device learning can pair up very easily with existing processors to accelerate. Neural network processing can handle wide variety of networks and is also extremely low power. And so those were very strong characteristics that we had had had in mind.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hey friends - trying to wrap my head around this one from a commercial point of view, hoping someone smarter than I can help me (there may be others too?) out here.

So unless I am reading this wrong (or reading too much into the specific wording), we have been providing ANT61 chips directly? Does this mean a license would need to be purchased, or can chips be procured directly at $X a pop? And of course tack ongoing engineering and consultancy fees on top of that.

If I have mucked up and this is likely an arrangement through Renesas or MegaChips, my apologies!

More great validation of our product and as you can see from the LinkedIn post this has piqued the interest of others in similar industries which is great!
Hi charmander,

Akida was provided in the form of PCIe boards. Brainchip either sold or donated the PCIe boards.

Someone posted a statement by MIKHAIL ASAVKIN about vibration testing the boards.

No licence would be involved.

The licence is for the use of Akida IP to make chips.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

Hi Charmander,

I think in this case with ANT61 is more so the validation of BrainChip’s Akida technology as the brain for ANT61 robotics.

We can see from the video, ANT61 is using the AKIDA PCIe Boards at the cost of around $800 Aud. So ANT61 may have purchased a few to develop their system or Brainchip could supply ANT61 with the AKIDA PCIe Boards for free and Brainchip could be charging for engineering fee.

ANT61 is also a startup and hopefully they become a commercial success in the future and acquire an IP from Brainchip. But at this stage I don't think ANT61 would have the funding to purchased AKIDA IP.

Hope that's answered your question. Other members can add to this as the above is just my opinion.

Learning 🏖

• Love
Reactions: 25 users

dippY22

Regular

And, to add onto Dio...'s comments, I see Brainchip working with a small Australian startup and helping them to meet their goals by providing Brainchips tech more or less for proof of concept purposes (from Brainchip's perspective). The least of Brainchips short term goals are licenses, IP contracts, etc. Ant is not (yet) in that position to move any needles revenue wise. But if this project goes well it will be a PR coup for Brainchip and Akida, ...and of course Ant. I see this as a total risk-reward gamble on Brainchips part in that they lose a few thousand dollars for the opportunity to prove to the Space industry that they have a solution that works. My opinion only. Regards, dippY

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

charmander

Regular
Hi charmander,

Akida was provided in the form of PCIe boards. Brainchip either sold or donated the PCIe boards.

Someone posted a statement by MIKHAIL ASAVKIN about vibration testing the boards.

No licence would be involved.

The licence is for the use of Akida IP to make chips.
Gotcha, thanks Dio!

Reactions: 6 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

After a massive shake up this week with Banks SVB/Credit Suisse Struggling/Collapsing; very surprised to see such a great recovery on World markets so rapidly! ..... Good news!

Hopefully a GREEN day for BRN today

SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE
DJIA32,246.55+371.98+1.17
NASDAQ11,717.28+283.23+2.48
S&P 5003,960.28+68.35+1.76

Stock Indexes​

SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE
*FTSE7,410.03+65.58+0.89
*DAX14,967.1+231.84+1.57
*CAC7,025.72+140.01+2.03
*STOXX600441.64+5.19+1.19
*AEX727.06+10.59+1.48
*BEL 203,652.55+22.64+0.62
*FTSE MIB25,918.76+352.92+1.38
OMXS302,125.24+28.43+1.36
*SMI10,719.1+202.7+1.93
HEX10,561.41+61.48+0.59
*PSI205,865.99+53.12+0.91
OMXC 251,721.24+5.06+0.29

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

mrgds

Regular

After a massive shake up this week with Banks SVB/Credit Suisse Struggling/Collapsing; very surprised to see such a great recovery on World markets so rapidly! ..... Good news!

SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE

Stock Indexes​

SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE
*FTSE7,410.03+65.58+0.89
*DAX14,967.1+231.84+1.57
*CAC7,025.72+140.01+2.03
*AEX727.06+10.59+1.48
*SMI10,719.1+202.7+1.93
HEX10,561.41+61.48+0.59
There is "gossup" circulating that the US FED may initiate up to ............... get this, ............. 2Trillion Dollars for the whole banking systemn
............. not just the banks that are on shaky ground.

Possibly the reason for the "green overnight markets @BienSuerte

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Some text for the busy folks (babies/operations/wow)!

The two that we've particularly that we have partnered with are BrainChip and Quadric, and we chose them for a combination of reasons and really in the end, the same.

Speaker2: [00:13:30] Number one, they both had incredible capability. They had, you know, the technical expertise and the performance demonstrated. We were able to demonstrate performance that was that was right at the leading edge of the marketplace.

Secondly, they had some real traction in the marketplace. They had been out talking to customers for a year or two already, had had significant customer engagements, and these customers were starting to get to the point of actually wanting to do actual designs with these products.

And third is that both companies had the appropriate proof of proof of capability in Silicon and the software support environment to make it possible to successfully integrate these the evaluate and integrate these chips or this IP onto onto ASICs chips. So that was a combination of reasons we chose to because we think they were largely complementary.

Brainchip is a very unique capability. It has on device learning can pair up very easily with existing processors to accelerate. Neural network processing can handle wide variety of networks and is also extremely low power. And so those were very strong characteristics that we had had had in mind.

This sounds like a confluence of opportunities:

"They had been out talking to customers for a year or two already, had had significant customer engagements, and these customers were starting to get to the point of actually wanting to do actual designs with these products."

"They" being BrainChip and Quadric had engagements with customers who were wanting to create designs in silicon, and MegaChips fits the bill.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-partners-megachips-develop-next-generation-ai-solutions/

BrainChip Partners with MegaChips to Develop Next-Generation Edge-Based AI Solutions​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – November 21, 2021 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), (OTCQX: BCHPY) a leading provider of ultra-low power high performance artificial intelligence technology and the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI chips and IP, today announced that MegaChips, a pioneer in the ASIC industry, has licensed BrainChip Akida™ IP to enhance and grow its technology positioning for next-generation, Edge-based AI solutions.

A multibillion-dollar global fabless semiconductor company based in Japan, MegaChips provides chip solutions that fulfill various requirements, including low power consumption, cost and time to market, while achieving breakthrough functions and performance by fusing knowledge of Large Scale Integrations and applications for problems in device development. By partnering with BrainChip, MegaChips is able to quickly and easily maintain its industry innovator status by supplying solutions and applications that leverage the Akida revolutionary technology in markets such as automotive, IoT, cameras, gaming and industrial robotics.

“As a trusted and loyal partner to market leaders, we deliver the technology and expertise they need to ensure products are uniquely designed for their customers and engineered for ultimate performance,” said Tetsuo Hikawa, President and CEO of MegaChips. “Working with BrainChip and incorporating their Akida technology into our ASIC solutions service, we are better able to handle the development and support processes needed to design and manufacture integrated circuits and systems on chips that can take advantage of AI at the Edge.”

BrainChip’s Akida technology brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that existing technologies are not capable. The solution is high-performance, small, ultra-low power and enables a wide array of edge capabilities. Due to its flexibility and scalability, the Akida (NSoC) and intellectual property can be used in applications including Smart Home, Smart Health, Smart City and Smart Transportation. These applications include but are not limited to home automation and remote controls, industrial IoT, robotics, security cameras, sensors, unmanned aircraft, autonomous vehicles, medical instruments, object detection, sound detection, odor and taste detection, gesture control and cybersecurity.

“The MegaChips and BrainChip partnership furthers both company’s missions to push boundaries and offer unprecedented products,” said Rob Telson, BrainChip VP of Worldwide Sales and Marketing. “By providing Akida’s on-chip learning and ultra-low power Edge AI capabilities as an integrated technology in MegaChips’ ASIC solutions, we are able to deliver a cascading array of benefits to cutting-edge products that not only ensure power efficiency without compromising outcomes but can run autonomously for incremental learning without the need to go back and forth to the cloud. This is an exciting collaboration from both a business perspective as well as from an industry-altering aspect
.”

So this is a symbiotic relationship:

BrainChip has the Akida IP,
BrainChip has customers wanting to incorporate Akida IP into their products,
MegaChips has expertise in LSI ASIC chip production,
MegaChips takes a licence to incorporate Akida IP into ASICs,
BrainChip refers customers to MegaChips to produce ASICs including Akida IP for the customers,
MegaChips produces ASICs including Akida IP for BrainChip customers,
MegaChips pays royalties to BrainChip for the ASICs produced including Akida IP.

The last year or so has not been conducive to expansion in the semiconductor industry (government subsidies aside), but the MegaChips statement cited by @stuart888 shows that there is a backlog of chips to be produced and that it has been over 12 months in the pipeline. I suggest you stand away from the end of the pipe.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users

Diogenese

Top 20

SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE

Stock Indexes​

SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE
*FTSE7,410.03+65.58+0.89
*DAX14,967.1+231.84+1.57
*CAC7,025.72+140.01+2.03
*AEX727.06+10.59+1.48
*SMI10,719.1+202.7+1.93
HEX10,561.41+61.48+0.59
The Eu bail-out for Credit Suisse seems to have steadied the ship.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

mrgds

Regular
It has certainly has!!

European shares jump as Credit Suisse bailout offsets ECB rate hike​

LONDON, March 16 (Reuters) - Switzerland's radical pledge to bankroll Credit Suisse Group AG has won the embattled lender the chance to resurrect itself from an almost complete collapse in confidence that rattled global markets.

The move, tantamount to a blank cheque from one of the globe's leading central banks, is reminiscent of the promise by European Central Bank Mario Draghi to do whatever it takes to support the euro during the financial crash more than a decade ago.
Heres the link i heard

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

mrgds

Regular
Have a go at the sell side orders, ........................COMMSUC/ ASX/ASIC ................... YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screenshot (58).png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
2 Trillion Dollars for the whole banking system

That should fix the inflation issue too.
Between the devil and the deep blue sea and they decided to go with the devil.

seth rogen life GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 34 users

mrgds

Regular
That should fix the inflation issue too.
Between the devil and the deep blue sea and they decided to go with the devil.

seth rogen life GIF
Love the GIF, ...................... sooooo appropriate BL

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom