BRN Discussion Ongoing

hamilton66

Regular
Just for interest this is the link to Spiral Blue’s Edge Compute products powered by Nvidia with detailed spec sheets:

How can AKIDA running at micro to milli watts with on chip learning and a price tag of tens of US dollars compete with their current Nvidia offerings-please note this is rhetorical humour🤣😂🤣

What did Edge Impulse say again Science Fiction AKIDA can out perform at 300 megahertz a GPU running at 900 megahertz.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
F/F, pleased to see u've hardened up, and back contributing. As ltshs , we've all been smashed, both by nay sayers, and s/p. It's reminiscent of the early days, when I remember being down over 50% on my holdings, and kept buying, due to research. That business spiderweb for BRN keeps expanding. Very encouraging to see. Ur 1 of many whose input is highly valued. I say to u, and all. Trolls are a waste of space. Don't be, and don't get disheartened. That puts the WANCAS in the winners circle. No-one needs to pump this co. It's achievements will do that for us. Looking forward to the time where late adopters are in awe, and shorters get smoked. Best of health to u, and keep on keeping on. I, like many, luv ur informative posts. Keep them coming!
GLTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Australien Company Seeing Machines…who can dig a bit deeper….

Some past research on Seeing Machines but I think it would be worthwhile doing more current "excavation work".

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Steve10

Regular
Australien Company Seeing Machines…who can dig a bit deeper….

This is another company operating in the vehicle in cabin sensing market similar to Nviso, emotion3D & Smart Eye.

They are using their Fovio chips via Xilinx.

They have developed the Occula NPU.

Seems to do a lot of things Akida can do. Nviso & emotion3D have partnered with BRN which highlights that they need Akida tech for their in cabin sensing algorithms. Mercedes demos with Nviso had an Akida processor.

1678964114381.jpeg

1678964235308.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Steve10

Regular
Hiwonder make some cool AI development products.

PuppyPi is a Rasperry Pi robot dog selling for $559.99.

JetAuto is a Jetson Nano with Lidar robot car selling for $659.99.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
In the interest of potentially answering some initial questions others might have about Spiral Blue...

From @Diogenese (with permission) earlier this month. I ran Spiral Blue's space edge computer past him for his opinion.

"Hi SeRA2,

No published patent docs, but they are not published until 18 moths after filing.

They use Nvidia, so they are probably software.

https://spiralblue.space/space-edge-computing

Space Edge Computers use the NVIDIA Jetson series, maximising processing power while keeping power draw manageable. They carry polymer shielding for single event effects, as well as additional software and hardware mitigations. We provide onboard infrastructure software to manage resources and ensure security, as well as onboard apps such as preprocessing, GPU based compression, cloud detection, and cropping. We can also provide AI based apps for object detection and segmentation, such as Vessel Detect and Canopy Mapper.

Note our friend "segmentation" is along for the ride."
Hi @SERA2g. An observation, I haven't seen much of you, last couple of months, your always educational and entertaining posts are very much appreciated.
Good to see you back on board, and I know I don't have to inform you, but Akida is about to become the corner stone and pinnacle of the 4th industrial revolution.
Hi mate

Thanks for the kind message and checking in, good to know someone noticed my absence haha!

I’ve been meaning to share this news with the forum for a while but have been a little time poor.

My partner and I welcomed the arrival of our daughter, Ellie Mae, on the 17th of February.

I got back to work this week after having taken 3 weeks of parental leave.

In that time I didn’t do much posting, if any, on TSEX. I was focusing on being as present and supportive as possible for my partner. I did read through the threads and check the post of the day regularly though so don’t feel like I missed too much!

Thanks to @BienSuerte for checking in to see how we were going, it was hugely appreciated ❤

CA7DBAD1-33A9-4D5E-B611-0117428243D6.jpeg
33EEDCE8-0B01-450E-8F38-840983ACF2B1.jpeg

Cheers all x

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 164 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is another company operating in the vehicle in cabin sensing market similar to Nviso, emotion3D & Smart Eye.

They are using their Fovio chips via Xilinx.

They have developed the Occula NPU.

Seems to do a lot of things Akida can do. Nviso & emotion3D have partnered with BRN which highlights that they need Akida tech for their in cabin sensing algorithms. Mercedes demos with Nviso had an Akida processor.

View attachment 32354

View attachment 32356

Seeing Machines spun out of ANU in 2000, and worked with Volvo, so they probably weren't particularly conscious of power consumption.

In their first patent, US7043056B2 Facial image processing system, they dismissed NNs:

Some known techniques use neural-networks to estimate gaze direction. Neural networks require long training sequences for every person to be monitored, and do not allow for any head motion.

This may have been fair enough at the time, but times have changed.

Their accelerator patent takes a high speed video and compresses it by only selecting frames which meet a particular set of criteria:

WO2019241834A1 HIGH FRAME RATE IMAGE PRE-PROCESSING SYSTEM AND METHOD AU2018902161A·2018-06-18

1678969049781.png

Described herein is an image pre-processing system and method. One embodiment provides a method (500) including: at step (501), receiving a plurality of images captured at a first frame rate, the plurality of images captured under at least two different image conditions; pre-processing the plurality of images by: at step (502) identifying one or more regions of interest within the images; at step (503), performing a visibility measure on the one or more regions of interest; and, at step (504), selecting a subset of the plurality of images based on the visibility measure; and, at step (505), feeding the subset of images to an image processing pipeline for subsequent processing at a second frame rate that is lower than the first frame rate.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

stockduck

Regular
Hi mate

Thanks for the kind message and checking in, good to know someone noticed my absence haha!

I’ve been meaning to share this news with the forum for a while but have been a little time poor.

My partner and I welcomed the arrival of our daughter, Ellie Mae, on the 17th of February.

In that time I didn’t do much posting, if any, on TSEX. I was focusing on being as present and supportive as possible for my partner. I did read through the threads and check the post of the day regularly though so don’t feel like I missed too much!

Thanks to @BienSuerte for checking in to see how we were going, it was hugely appreciated ❤

View attachment 32360 View attachment 32362

Cheers all x
It is the most valuable thing we can ever hold in our hands and in my opinion there is no more lasting positive life-oriented experience, keep this in your being and mind forever, even if other (BRN;)) will try to distract you.
As a nurse, the best moments for me are being able to accompany people in such a life changing situation.
Thank you for your privat insights and take care.

• Love
Reactions: 37 users
New - planed for 18th May

Edge ML Series - Boston

Event by Edge Impulse

About​

This exclusive, in-person-only, one-day event will explore the benefits of edge machine learning, ways to differentiate your products with embedded intelligence, and how to deliver value in less time while lowering operational cost using AI tools like Edge Impulse.

Featuring keynotes from industry leaders, hands-on workshops, customer stories, and insights on deploying ML solutions at scale. Plus, plenty of demos and networking opportunities!

Agenda:

8:30–9:00 Registration and coffee

9:00–10:40 Keynotes
◦ Welcome and housekeeping (10 min)
◦ “Demystifying Edge ML” — Edge Impulse keynote (30 min)
◦ Texas Instruments keynote (30 min)
◦ “Edge AI: Ready When You Are!” — BrainChip keynote (30 min)

10:40–11:00 Coffee break (demo area)

11:00–12:00 Seminars
◦ Edge Impulse — use case focus (20 min)
◦ “Why AI acceleration matters for Edge Devices” — Alif (20 min)
◦ Three key parameters to consider when selecting a hardware platform for AI-enable edge-ML are performance, power consumption, and price. This talk will help you maximize your projects chance of success by showing you how to maximize the performance parameter, while keeping the others in-check.
◦ “The advantages of Nordic’s ultra-low-power wireless solutions and machine learning” — Nordic Semiconductors (20 min)

12:00–13:00 Lunch (demo area)‍
◦ Demos from TI, BrainChip, Alif, Nordic

13:00–15:30 Workshops
◦ Texas Instruments hands-on workshop with the TDA4VM (75 min)
◦ Break (15 min)
◦ “Enabling the Age of Intelligent Machines” — Alif workshop (60 min)
Alif Semiconductor and Edge Impulse will demonstrate how anyone can create, train, tune, and deploy advanced machine learning models on the next generation Ensemble family of AI accelerated microcontrollers.

15:30–16:00 Wrap and close See less

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

Serengeti

Regular
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
D

Deleted member 118

Realtime Neuromorphic Cyber-Agents (Cyber-NeuroRT)​

Award End Date (Contract End Date):2024-04-03

View attachment 32340

The Main Event?

AKIDA v Loihi

Brought to you by the US Department of Energy

Think this is what you might be looking for @Quatrojos

35941F7A-8848-424C-B06B-142D15DB3D47.png

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

His back

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

stuart888

Regular
Very excellent podcast and a must listen too.
Megachips and their launch in the USA.

View attachment 31914
Fantastic endorsement of the Brainchip Edge AI/ML. A must listen to, after the first 3-minute background stuff.

Megachips is really going after Edge AI hardcore, reinforcing what we know. To hear the words praising the Brainchip smarts over and over!

When asked what are the growth apps happening now? 📆

1) Wearables (headphones, earpods, medical patches that monitor body conditions in real time).
2) Security (he did not elaborate).
3) Industrial (robotics, anomaly detection).
4) Automotive (lots of apps, just slower implementation time).

Supporting 4 foundries, plus other tidbits. I wish it had a transcript.

Thanks a bunch Mr @Rocket577 for a really enjoyable 20 minutes Brainchip love fest. ♥️

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users
D

Deleted member 118

Fantastic endorsement of the Brainchip Edge AI/ML. A must listen to, after the first 3-minute background stuff.

Megachips is really going after Edge AI hardcore, reinforcing what we know. To hear the words praising the Brainchip smarts over and over!

When asked what are the growth apps happening now? 📆

1) Wearables (headphones, earpods, medical patches that monitor body conditions in real time).
2) Security (he did not elaborate).
3) Industrial (robotics, anomaly detection).
4) Automotive (lots of apps, just slower implementation time).

Supporting 4 foundries, plus other tidbits. I wish it had a transcript.

Thanks a bunch Mr @Rocket577 for a really enjoyable 20 minutes Brainchip love fest. ♥️
Thanks for the breakdown of the podcast @stuart888 I was hoping someone would ❤️

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Hi mate

Cheers all x
Just magic mate, all the best. Peter might be a good middle name:LOL:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Dhm

Regular
I watched CES when BMW launched Dee, the AI solution for owners in a similar way to the MB phenonemem
Hi mate

Cheers all x
Look, that’s all well and good, but you have missed something vital. Ellie Mae needs to be a Brainchip shareholder now! The ASX opens at 10.am. I expect her to own BRN shares by 10.05 this morning.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

stuart888

Regular
The Renesas guy mentioned there is no other Arm Cortex-M85 chip in silicon on Earth but he excluded the universe so there must be in space with NASA.

Also, the motor vibration set up he showed looks the same as the one I have seen Texas Instruments demo but I can't find the video now.

This is interesting from Texas Instruments.

And new edge ai video released yesterday by Texas Instruments.

Here there are edge ai demos & many look similar to BRN. Image classification, object detection, semantic segmentation, single input inference, multiple input inference, LIDAR.

Really good stuff your pumping out @Steve10 -- much appreciated. 📣📣

On Texas Instruments, your right they have some interesting videos, solutions, and many use-cases that Brainchip can excel/win in.

What a great Brainchip partnership they would make. I am not up on where they are on the iceberg, but likely somewhere!

First time I heard of the "Edge AI Cloud"!

For sure there are plenty of AI solutions winners coming, hitting all the various power consumption and cloud usage layers. I like Brainchip being on the best side of Power, ultra-low!

1678999587657.png

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Hi mate

Cheers all x
Awwwhh little Ellie is beautiful. Congratulations to you and your partner 💚

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom