BRN Discussion Ongoing

Steve10

Regular
I think a lot of people here think that this is saying that the Arm Cortex M85 comes with Akida installed.
That is not how I read it. As far as I can see the Cortex M85 is its own thing, it's just saying that Akida will work with it.
So just because Arm sell a Cortex M85, doesn't mean they will have Akida on board. - Unless I have interpreted this wrong( I am happy to be shown otherwise.)

It will not come with Akida installed in all Cortex M85 processors. Only the applications that require AI. Akida tech has been validated to work with ARM Cortex M85 processors.

Cortex M85 processors are used for sophisticated SoC's for IoT that require M/L. It's a high performance chip for AI applications & ARM has 90% market share in IoT market. More rather than less of the Cortex M85 processors will have Akida IP given the applications will be predominantly for IoT & AI. Will be required to reduce load on CPU, speed up the process & consume less power.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

ndefries

Regular
This is what ARM said:

"In order to serve the diverse and growing IoT market, developers require a new standard of secure, high-performance microcontrollers, combined with endpoint ML capabilities," said Paul Williamson, SVP and GM, IoT Line of Business at Arm. "The integration of Arm's highest performance microcontroller with the Akida portfolio enables our partners to deliver on this potential and efficiently handle advanced machine learning workloads.”

ARM’s opinion not mine so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Exactly FF. These devices need efficient power and they will stand out with their edge and Secure ML capabilities. The question will be is it worth having the M85 if you dont take up Akida to realise this potential.

Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Thanks to Whitehorse for the light bulb moment guess which semiconductor giant would not need AKD1000 to contain an M4 processor and want the AKD1500 ???

Give you a clue it’s name has three letters.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Is it GOD?

1678666542535.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Vladsblood

Regular
I for one will be exceptionally happy when Brainchip disconnects from this downward spiralling bear market and begins to lead the world with its advanced, and, years before its time, technology.
We should be showing greater traction IMO with our SP like say SLX/WBT are. here's hoping we get a boost along with our Nurenberg Event.
Cheers Chippers, Vlad.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 31 users

Slade

Top 20
Todays news makes BrainChip’s attendance at Embedded World tomorrow even more interesting.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Steve10

Regular
Markets will bounce tomorrow. Bond yields have rolled over. US Fed & RBA may have to pause.

Risk on indicator bitcoin is rising. BRN highly oversold on 15min & 1 hour charts.

• Love
Reactions: 31 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

JB49

Regular
The question will be when a company gets the M85 would they be tempted to add in a proven enhancement for the price of a small tomato sauce sachet. I know with the above use cases if i can get more sensors and sensor fusion at low power it will be a no brainer. I will want the secret sauce all over the chip.

Exactly. And when it comes to wearable's, one of the key things consumers look at when comparing wearable devices is battery life. Manufacturers are aware of this. So if given the chance to significantly improve battery life, they wont be passing up on it.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
D

Deleted member 118

Yep double good news today! Depositors will have access to all their money. That clears this mess up!

View attachment 31981
I only thought it was the ones with guarantees the others without a guarantee still can’t access their money. Not sure what % that is.

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I only thought it was the ones with guarantees the others without a guarantee still can’t access their money. Not sure what % that is.
There's been an update.
Silicon Valley Bank depositors will get ‘all of their money,’ regulators say
Last Updated: March 12, 2023 at 8:46 p.m. ET
First Published: March 12, 2023 at 7:01 p.m. ET
By Robert SchroederFollow
comments28
Signature Bank closed Sunday by regulators

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
There's been an update.
Silicon Valley Bank depositors will get ‘all of their money,’ regulators say
Last Updated: March 12, 2023 at 8:46 p.m. ET
First Published: March 12, 2023 at 7:01 p.m. ET
By Robert SchroederFollow
comments28
Signature Bank closed Sunday by regulators
Edit Signature Bank mainly deal with Crypto banking.

Reactions: 4 users
Exactly FF. These devices need efficient power and they will stand out with their edge and Secure ML capabilities. The question will be is it worth having the M85 if you dont take up Akida to realise this potential.
Yes I think what some do not understand is:

“ARM goes one step beyond the fabless semi: it doesn’t even sell any chips into the marketplace. ARM instead, designs IP (instruction set architecture, microprocessor, graphics, interconnects) and licenses it to anyone who wants to use it. ARM’s customers will then take the IP they’ve licensed and design it into silicon. These customers can be fabless semiconductor companies or companies that own fabs”

So when an automotive ARM customer comes through the door they will say for example we have this sensor and we need a processor. This is our list of requirements.

ARM will then hand it off to their Engineers either in house or to their Ecosystem Engineers like Edge Impulse who will go through the ARM IP libraries and come up with a solution.

What was announced today allows those Engineers to pull out M85 and AKIDA and know they are compatible.

The design with expected performance numbers then goes to the Automotive customer who may then say sounds great can we see this working. Then Edge Impulse for example would provide the design to TSMC to have it produced as a reference chip or chiplet.

Once this reference chip is tested by the Automotive customer to their satisfaction they go off and have it made.

ARM never produces the chip but they do retain the rights to the IP and design and this is how the Qualcomm and ARM legal dispute has arisen.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

GDJR69

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Steve10

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Still can't get it. Can I buy a letter? :ROFLMAO:

😂😂😂

It’ll cost ya $50 buckaroos

😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

TECH

Regular
I have been trying to find a post that was put up last week I think and I can't remember who posted it, but I sensed it should
not have been posted, why, because it came across as fact.

It stated that Brainchip had set the "floor price" at 0.55c for the LDA Capital financing arrangement.

If someone can please find that post and hopefully correct me in what I have stated above, because no one on this site would be
privy to anything discussed behind closed doors, it is/was a total (educated maybe) guess.

That information will only be revealed when the deal is done and dusted and the funds have been deposited.

Another piece of solid news out of the Brainchip Office this morning, could be a week of reveals at the conference.

Tech (y)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Umm

Does it start with a A and end with a M
Just a sec I have template I can use to check it with. Now where the heck did I put it. It can’t be more than arms length from where I am sitting. I’ll get back to you.😂🤣😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Teksun as well. And the market reports only factor in known applications. There will be many new applications in future.

I read an article that mentioned going from von neumann to neuromorphic will be similar to going from morse code to telephone.
Yes and I could have added VVDN.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

The Pope

Regular
Morning Chippers,

Wondering if Brainchip management will issue a ASX announcement today to alleviate investors concerns regarding SVB collapse.

I see two companys on the ASX have put out a statement to their shareholders this morning , on the ASX.

VGL & SKO

Regards,
Esq.
While we wait and don’t know if this link was shared the below May calm some nervous investors

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Steve10

Regular
I forecast the following companies will embed Akida IP into their IoT chips:

Qualcomm, Intel, Texas Instruments, NXP, Infineon, STMicroelectronics, MediaTek, Microchip, Samsung, Silicon Labs, Nordic Semiconductor, SiFive.

When I first invested in BRN it was due to AI thematic. Then when details of the IP revenue model were announced I had visions of mini ARM.

Soon after many ex-ARM employees starting working for BRN. Vision changed to big ARM, not mini anymore.

Now after all the partnerships, market research reports, hiring of more high calibre semiconductor industry staff, lack of real competition, low cost, low power patented tech & new product launches I am convinced that BRN will become at least the size of ARM.

Market timing seems to be spot on, tech seems to be unique & in demand offering low cost solutions, TAM huge & for the cost of a packet of sauce as has been mentioned it's a no brainer to embed into most AI chips. Manufacturers will compete & want the latest tech to differentiate their products from competitors.

IoT smart devices will be everywhere. From smartwatches to smart running shoes. Smart traffic lights to smart street lights. Everything will have the opportunity to be smart for a packet of sauce. Industry has to save power, reduce latency & move to the edge as the cloud will not be able to handle the increase.

I think it was Sean that mentioned he wanted Akida to become standard in all devices similar to bluetooth.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 83 users
Top Bottom