BRN Discussion Ongoing

robsmark

Regular
Hi all,
Just when some were probably asking, is our ARM relationships being damaged by our new partners, which in some minds would seem to be in direct competition, comes an announcement that takes your breath away.
I was only thinking the other day, that things had been pretty quiet on the ARM front.
But sure enough out of the blue,!!!!!!!!
There has been some dot joining recently, as FF said the dots are turning to blobs (not quite what he said, but you know what I mean).
Looks to me, that someone has knocked over the ink-well.
The old adage comes to mind.
It's the quiet ones, you gotta watch.

Exciting times.
Brainchip is a company, not ARMs personally property. If they want sole distribution rights, then attempt to buy us. If not, then I‘m sure they realise that we have other customers.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Reactions: 12 users
With the release today of the ARM AKIDA Cortex M85 compatibility it does make clear that the ARM Brainchip partnership did not start and finish with publishing each other’s logo on their respective websites.

It is undeniable that engineers from Brainchip and ARM have been engaged on at least this project.

So the question arises. What else have they been working on together and given Edge Impulses close relationship with both ARM and Brainchip does it involve say FOMO?

By the way hopefully this kills off the idea that AKD1000 was a dud because it clearly was not.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

DK6161

Regular
No offence but, it doesn't sit well with me when people say "Don't worry. Just day traders doing blah blah blah. It's short-term blah blah blah".

Our SP jumping for one day then slowly getting eroded away seems to be a common thing. Wouldn't surprise me if yesterday's gain will be gone by end of next week. Then it will be back to square one. Waiting for the next 4C. Getting over-excited about partnerships.
The sight of a blue sky seems to be the only "short-term" thing that's happening right now.

Frustrated, but still holding.
Not advice.
All these great news, but our SP is getting smashed..FFS.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Hi all,
Just when some were probably asking, is our ARM relationships being damaged by our new partners, which in some minds would seem to be in direct competition, comes an announcement that takes your breath away.
I was only thinking the other day, that things had been pretty quiet on the ARM front.
But sure enough out of the blue,!!!!!!!!
There has been some dot joining recently, as FF said the dots are turning to blobs (not quite what he said, but you know what I mean).
Looks to me, that someone has knocked over the ink-well.
The old adage comes to mind.
It's the quiet ones, you gotta watch.

Exciting times.
The dots are turning into expensive Dots
1678663398555.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

Cardpro

Regular
All these great news, but our SP is getting smashed..FFS.
It is very sad haha I thought we got a break going back to 60c...

I guess market will wait till we get contracts & revenue... I will just take the pain with hopes

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah, and also consider that BrainChips longer term plans are not restricted to just the edge - they plan to proliferate; and then there’s AGI by 2030 from the mouth of the man himself PVDM. On top of this BrainChip intend to disrupt industries that haven’t even been thought of yet. These kinds of reports are guides but they cannot anticipate the amount of disruption that is likely to occur - they can only ever base their finding on past performance and disruption that has taken place in previous periods. AIMO.
Just thinking about this market share issue.

If ARM has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on ARM semiconductors, and

If SiFive has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on SiFive semiconductors, and

If Intel has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on Intel semiconductors, and

If GlobalFoundries has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on GlobalFoundries semiconductors, and

If Renesas has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on Renesas semiconductors, and

If MegaChips has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on MegaChips semiconductors, and

If Socionext has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on Socionext semiconductors, then

Is it not impossible to guess at what the market share that a ubiquitous Brainchip will be worth when these companies actually do not cover the known full extent of Brainchip’s technology engagements.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 98 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Nice to see this achievement on the nasdaq website

BrainChip Introduces Second-Generation Akida Platform​

PUBLISHED
MAR 6, 2023 9:00AM EST

Introduces Vision Transformers and Spatial-Temporal Convolution for radically fast, hyper-efficient and secure Edge AIoT products, untethered from the cloud
LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / March 6, 2023 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced the second generation of its Akida™ platform that drives extremely efficient and intelligent edge devices for the Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) solutions and services market that is expected to be $1T+ by 2030. This hyper-efficient yet powerful neural processing system, architected for embedded Edge AI applications, now adds efficient 8-bit processing to go with advanced capabilities such as time domain convolutions and vision transformer acceleration, for an unprecedented level of performance in sub-watt devices, taking them from perception towards cognition.
The second-generation of Akida now includes Temporal Event Based Neural Nets (TENN) spatial-temporal convolutions that supercharge the processing of raw time-continuous streaming data, such as video analytics, target tracking, audio classification, analysis of MRI and CT scans for vital signs prediction, and time series analytics used in forecasting, and predictive maintenance. These capabilities are critically needed in industrial, automotive, digital health, smart home and smart city applications. The TENNs allow for radically simpler implementations by consuming raw data directly from sensors - drastically reduces model size and operations performed, while maintaining very high accuracy. This can shrink design cycles and dramatically lower the cost of development.
Another addition to the second generation of Akida is Vision Transformers (ViT) acceleration, a leading edge neural network that has been shown to perform extremely well on various computer vision tasks, such as image classification, object detection, and semantic segmentation. This powerful acceleration, combined with Akida's ability to process multiple layers simultaneously and hardware support for skip connections, allows it to self-manage the execution of complex networks like RESNET-50 completely in the neural processor without CPU intervention and minimizes system load.
The Akida IP platform has a unique ability to learn on the device for continuous improvement and data-less customization that improves security and privacy. This, combined with the efficiency and performance available, enable very differentiated solutions that until now have not been possible. These include secure, small form factor devices like hearable and wearable devices, that take raw audio input, medical devices for monitoring heart and respiratory rates and other vitals that consume only microwatts of power. This can scale up to HD-resolution vision solutions delivered through high-value, battery-operated or fanless devices enabling a wide variety of applications from surveillance systems to factory management and augmented reality to scale effectively.
"We see an increasing demand for real-time, on-device, intelligence in AI applications powered by our MCUs and the need to make sensors smarter for industrial and IoT devices," said Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President in Renesas' IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit. "We licensed Akida neural processors because of their unique neuromorphic approach to bring hyper-efficient acceleration for today's mainstream AI models at the edge. With the addition of advanced temporal convolution and vision transformers, we can see how low-power MCUs can revolutionize vision, perception, and predictive applications in wide variety of markets like industrial and consumer IoT and personalized healthcare, just to name a few."
"Advancements in AI require parallel advancements in on-device learning capabilities while simultaneously overcoming the challenges of efficiency, scalability, and latency," said Richard Wawrzyniak, principal analyst at Semico Research. "BrainChip has demonstrated the ability to create a truly intelligent edge with Akida and moves the needle even more in terms of how Edge AI solutions are developed and deployed. The benefits of on-chip AI from a performance and cost perspective are hard to deny."
"Our customers wanted us to enable expanded predictive intelligence, target tracking, object detection, scene segmentation, and advanced vision capabilities. This new generation of Akida allows designers and developers to do things that were not possible before in a low-power edge device," said Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO. "By inferring and learning from raw sensor data, removing the need for digital signal pre-processing, we take a substantial step toward providing a cloudless Edge AI experience."
Akida's software and tooling further simplifies the development and deployment of solutions and services with these features:
  • An efficient runtime engine that autonomously manages model accelerations completely transparent to the developer
  • MetaTF™ software that developers can use with their preferred framework, like TensorFlow/Keras, or development platform, like Edge Impulse, to easily develop, tune, and deploy AI solutions.
  • Supports all types of Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN), Deep Learning Networks (DNN), Vision Transformer Networks (ViT) as well as Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs), future-proofing designs as the models get more advanced.
Akida comes with a Models Zoo and a burgeoning ecosystem of software, tools, and model vendors, as well as IP, SoC, foundry and system integrator partners. BrainChip is engaged with early adopters on the second generation IP platform. General availability will follow in Q3' 2023.
About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company's first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, Akida™, uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today's workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like TensorFlow/Keras. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers' products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users

Cardpro

Regular
Wow got line wiped...

TechGirl

Founding Member
Good to see this article getting around

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Cardpro

Regular
We are sailing so well, getting things done & hitting milestones... seems like only way to tell market that where we are sailing is the "future" and we are creating new field is to show them contracts & revenue...

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks to Whitehorse for the light bulb moment guess which semiconductor giant would not need AKD1000 to contain an M4 processor and want the AKD1500 ???

Give you a clue it’s name has three letters.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

GDJR69

Regular
We are sailing so well, getting things done & hitting milestones... seems like only way to tell market that where we are sailing is the "future" and we are creating new field is to show them contracts & revenue...
We are pouring great announcements at the moment. The revenue will surely follow, it's just the waiting game now, and then watch out, wow! The SP will take care of itself (and us) at that point. :)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Thanks to Whitehorse for the light bulb moment guess which semiconductor giant would not need AKD1000 to contain an M4 processor and want the AKD1500 ???

Give you a clue it’s name has three letters.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Umm

Does it start with a A and end with a M

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Steve10

Regular
Just thinking about this market share issue.

If ARM has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on ARM semiconductors, and

If SiFive has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on SiFive semiconductors, and

If Intel has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on Intel semiconductors, and

If GlobalFoundries has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on GlobalFoundries semiconductors, and

If Renesas has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on Renesas semiconductors, and

If MegaChips has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on MegaChips semiconductors, and

If Socionext has a share of the semiconductor market and Brainchip’s technologies piggy back on Socionext semiconductors, then

Is it not impossible to guess at what the market share that a ubiquitous Brainchip will be worth when these companies actually do not cover the known full extent of Brainchip’s technology engagements.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Teksun as well. And the market reports only factor in known applications. There will be many new applications in future.

I read an article that mentioned going from von neumann to neuromorphic will be similar to going from morse code to telephone.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Cardpro

Regular
We are pouring great announcements at the moment. The revenue will surely follow, it's just the waiting game now, and then watch out, wow! The SP will take care of itself (and us) at that point. :)
It should!! But I do feel stressed when I see red ;(
Has hit new 52 week low of 50cent ;(

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Shadow59

Regular
With the release today of the ARM AKIDA Cortex M85 compatibility it does make clear that the ARM Brainchip partnership did not start and finish with publishing each other’s logo on their respective websites.

It is undeniable that engineers from Brainchip and ARM have been engaged on at least this project.

So the question arises. What else have they been working on together and given Edge Impulses close relationship with both ARM and Brainchip does it involve say FOMO?

By the way hopefully this kills off the idea that AKD1000 was a dud because it clearly was not.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I think a lot of people here think that this is saying that the Arm Cortex M85 comes with Akida installed.
That is not how I read it. As far as I can see the Cortex M85 is its own thing, it's just saying that Akida will work with it.
So just because Arm sell a Cortex M85, doesn't mean they will have Akida on board. - Unless I have interpreted this wrong( I am happy to be shown otherwise.)

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
I think a lot of people here think that this is saying that the Arm Cortex M85 comes with Akida installed.
That is not how I read it. As far as I can see the Cortex M85 is its own thing, it's just saying that Akida will work with it.
So just because Arm sell a Cortex M85, doesn't mean they will have Akida on board. - Unless I have interpreted this wrong( I am happy to be shown otherwise.)
Which people?
I understood the word compatible. Hands up those that did not.

By the way did you read the ARM article regarding Cortex M85 and the customer demand for accelerator compatibility?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

ndefries

Regular

The use cases include smart home devices, robotics and drone control, secured system controllers and sensor hubs. Partners will be able to achieve reduced cost and system complexity for high-performance systems with a single Cortex-M processor.

The question will be when a company gets the M85 would they be tempted to add in a proven enhancement for the price of a small tomato sauce sachet. I know with the above use cases if i can get more sensors and sensor fusion at low power it will be a no brainer. I will want the secret sauce all over the chip.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 33 users
This is what ARM said:

"In order to serve the diverse and growing IoT market, developers require a new standard of secure, high-performance microcontrollers, combined with endpoint ML capabilities," said Paul Williamson, SVP and GM, IoT Line of Business at Arm. "The integration of Arm's highest performance microcontroller with the Akida portfolio enables our partners to deliver on this potential and efficiently handle advanced machine learning workloads.”

ARM’s opinion not mine so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users
Top Bottom