BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Welcome.

So where does the neuromorphic SPU fit?

Is that just part of the artificial retina aspect or is that the possible Akida integration?
Without researching their discussion on this point, I think that, in relation to DVS, the event spike is referred to as "neuromorphic".

Reactions: 5 users
Does it contain stop losses?
Essentially no imo....as an identifiable named "stop loss" anyway.

Stop losses can be a mental price point some traders keep to themselves and then place an order at mkt when SP gets near their level.

Others run trailing stops with a tolerance % / $ value to the SP and the stop will follow accordingly until gets "hit", generally in a quick move and...

Others place physical longer lasting sell orders at price points in the queue that are effectively visible.

Manipulators will also use TA to ascertain prev price points of support / resist and also volume supply/ demand areas that they can view in relation to the order book and visible sell orders already at those levels.

It does provide a guide of sorts where to look and kinda supports the phrase of "hitting stops / stop hunting".

Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Reactions: 15 users
Without researching their discussion on this point, I think that, in relation to DVS, the event spike is referred to as "neuromorphic".
Thanks.

Fair conclusion.

Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Might be worth looking into this a little deeper...

View attachment 29757

Hmmm...Could be onto something here. Infineon and Bitsensing are partners. And thanks to @GStocks123for this post#43,410 because now we know that Infinineon are interested in neuromophic computing because of their job add. Have look at the part that I highlighted in red (and blue)!

Two.png

one.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Stop losses can be a mental price point some traders keep to themselves and then place an order at mkt when SP gets near their level.

Others run trailing stops with a tolerance % / $ value to the SP and the stop will follow accordingly until gets "hit", generally in a quick move and...

Others place physical longer lasting sell orders at price points in the queue that are effectively visible.

Manipulators will also use TA to ascertain prev price points of support / resist and also volume supply/ demand areas that they can view in relation to the order book and visible sell orders already at those levels.

It does provide a guide of sorts where to look and kinda supports the phrase of "hitting stops / stop hunting".
As I understand it, a stop loss is contingent on the SP falling to the chosen price. It is not a normal sell order. It is not an active sell order.

If it were an active sell order, it would be hit immediately because, by definition, it is below the current SP.

I would think that stop losses should be treated as confidential information, and should not be available to the sharks.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

MrNick

Regular
Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 11.59.08 am.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Cyw

Regular
Brn not showing in top gainers again on comsuc!
I think since the big dump yesterday, BRN is no longera mid-cap stock according to Commsec. For small caps, you need over 20% change to make the leader board.

Reactions: 1 users

Mugen74

Regular
I think since the big dump yesterday, BRN is no longera mid-cap stock according to Commsec. For small caps, you need over 20% change to make the leader board.
Really ok cheers Cyw didnt realise Brn had dropped that low.

Damo4

Regular
As I understand it, a stop loss is contingent on the SP falling to the chosen price. It is not a normal sell order. It is not an active sell order.

If it were an active sell order, it would be hit immediately because, by definition, it is below the current SP.

I would think that stop losses should be treated as confidential information, and should not be available to the sharks.

Yes and no Dio, Exchanges can see all of your conditional orders, and insto's will have a knack for understanding both mental and technical prices where these stop losses may be hidden and I know for a fact some traders are incentivised to hunt these down.

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Fair enough, just thought they had to hold their position at least 3 days, but obviously I am wrong😔
No - I'm wrong - I didn't know about the 3 day rule.

Nice!

Reactions: 1 users

Dhm

Regular
Embedded World Germany. Maybe some of our German friends can go! I wonder what the list of "Partner Booths" is? And I would love to learn about Akida 1500!
Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 3.14.10 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users

Apols but poorly explained and agree with what you are saying.

I'm looking more in the daily active movements but brokers will have sell pre orders by clients at certain price points that trigger on sharp downwards moves creating a possible cascade of triggers.

Reactions: 8 users

Hey Fullmoonfever, so with what you know, would you trust placing a stop loss, of the kind that is supposed to be hidden from view, until the set price triggers it?

Do you believe, it is in fact hidden?

My assertion that it can be seen by some, is my opinion, based on other more knowledgeable opinions and the logic, that it must be in the system somewhere, as basically just a sell order.

It is not fact, but as far as I'm concerned, it is.

Reactions: 11 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
wonder why no ticket today.....

make-it-rain-ticket.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

ndefries

Regular

What can you do to prevent your shares holdings from being shorted?​

A:Now what can the average personal investor do to stop their own shares being shorted, as believe me your own broker, if approached, WILL sell your own shares that they hold on your behalf as a nominee account.

There are two things you can do, the first is to certificate them but this is not obviously to everyone’s advantage but the alternative solution is simple. All you do is to phone your broker and put an order in saying that you wish to place your shares for sale at, for arguments sake, double today’s price. As they are ‘on order’ they cannot be lent out by your broker and in turn you are reducing the amount of ‘free shares’ out there that can be used for shorting purposes. And don’t forget to move your limit order up when the price starts to recover, then, that way your shares can’t be shorted – not much but helps :D.

Although an individual personal investor will not normally have enough shares to halt a concerted shorting attack, if a large number of holders did this it would reduce the overall amount of shares that they could get their hands on.

In my opinion well worth doing if not only for the knowledge that your own shares cannot and will not be used in a short attack against the very share that you own.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes and no Dio, Exchanges can see all of your conditional orders, and insto's will have a knack for understanding both mental and technical prices where these stop losses may be hidden and I know for a fact some traders are incentivised to hunt these down.
My theory is that the broker handling the stop loss can see the stop loss, and should be obliged to keep that information confidential. Ideally, the information should be kept secret from the ASX, with the broker's trading computer programmed to place the sell order when the price falls to the stop loss value.

That would not prevent the stop loss being hit if the SP were to be manipulated down, but it would mean that the manipulators were hunting in the dark.

• Love

Xhosa12345

Regular
I would invest in THEZEEBOTHERALD IPO.....!!!

Capture.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Apols but poorly explained and agree with what you are saying.

I'm looking more in the daily active movements but brokers will have sell pre orders by clients at certain price points that trigger on sharp downwards moves creating a possible cascade of triggers.
Apology unnecessary - I am learning from the discussion, and expressing my own bombastic opinions.

• Haha

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Technically, yes.

But if the honey's there and the bees have no sting..

What would you do, if you were a bear?

This should be good! 🤣
Shit all over retail? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom