BRN Discussion Ongoing

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Why are these things not released to market!!!? I’m baffled 😮

Great stuff and good times ahead for Brainchip, I just don’t understand how this is not an ASX announcement????

Ps. Well done to whoever found this. I saw it first on HC posted by no other than Sunny who hs completely changed his tune again. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Not sure if anyone else has had a chance to watch this webinar from this morning, but it was actually really interesting and entertaining is some parts. I’d recommend having a listen if you’ve got time.

All of the panel speakers have known each other for decades, so it was all done in good spirits.

We had Kwabena Boahen (Stanford Uni) and Ralph Etienne-Cummings (John Hopkins Uni) that were very pro-neuromorphic computing, our nemesis Yann LeCun (Facebook/Meta and New York Uni) who seems to be a bit of a mixed bag in this session and then Bill Dally (Nvidia) who is obviously anti-Spiking Neural Networks and pro-CPU, GPU, etc.

Kwabena definitely turned out to be the best value during the panel discussion at the end. My favourite quote from Kwabena when Bill failed miserably to answer a question regarding why the brain is so efficient by saying that it's because it's slow...and talking more about computation and implying that spiking neural networks would need to slow things down to be able to be more efficient like a brain...
”I would say Bill – you’re stuck in the cloud. If I’m on the edge on my phone, I don’t need to be fast….slow is good enough for me. And if that is going to allow me to detach from the cloud then I’m very happy with that.”

Going back to a couple of things mentioned in the presentations, Bill showed a comparison based on benchmarking different approaches using MLPerf and stated that spiking neural networks simply don’t compete on the standard benchmarks and if they did they should be "sweeping" the MLPerf numbers.

My question for the technically minded posters here – can MLPerf be used for benchmarking Akida’s performance, or is this more suited to the von Neumann architecture? I’d like to see how we stack up here.

From Yann LeCun’s preso – the only thing worth noting is that he doesn’t believe that STDP does anything useful and says it’s a side effect of something complicated we don’t understand…some underlying rule. I’m hoping that this is something that isn’t complicated for Peter Van Der Made and he fully understands the value of STDP. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

The only positive thing I took from Yann LeCun was that he did acknowledge that implementing learning on chip “isn’t a bad idea”. Although he believes back propagation is probably the way we should do this.

The summation at the very end of the webinar was quite good…
Ralph – “I think we’ve convinced Yann. I think Yann is on our side now”.
Kwabena – “I think Bill is the last man standing here”.
Yann – “I’m with you for the next revolution. You know…maybe you guys will be there”.

Well…imo Akida already is there!...

And overall there was a lot of content in this webinar that verifies the Brainchip approach and how far ahead of the pack we are with Akida. Lots of positives to take out of it.
Thanks Butcherano,

Bill Dally, chief tech head at Nvidia:

1646793978909.png

1646794155713.png

1646794110236.png

Tries to demonstrate how inefficient SNNs are - doesn't mention sparsity - ignorance, disingenuousness or ...?

He says SNNs are orders of magnitude less efficient than conventional computers in representing numbers. The bit he missed was in handling sensor data, where SNNs are orders of magnitude more efficient than conventional computers.

SNNs don't show up on the benchmark graph - because they were omitted!

Is he so focused (blinkered) that he hasn't noticed what's happening in the real world?

Where's me liver salts?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

jk6199

Regular
Well...well...well 🤬

Short Interest in BrainChip Holdings Ltd (OTCMKTS:BRCHF) Increases By 86.8%​

Posted by ABMN Staff on Mar 4th, 2022

BrainChip logo
BrainChip Holdings Ltd (OTCMKTS:BRCHF – Get Rating) was the target of a large increase in short interest during the month of February. As of February 15th, there was short interest totalling 1,961,900 shares, an increase of 86.8% from the January 31st total of 1,050,200 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 319,700 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 6.1 days.
BRCHF stock opened at 0.91 on Friday. BrainChip has a 1 year low of 0.26 and a 1 year high of 1.82. The business has a 50 day simple moving average of 0.96 and a 200-day simple moving average of 0.59.
Time for a surprise announcement or two. That will make all the new shorts happy!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

butcherano

Regular
Thanks Butcherano,

View attachment 2352

View attachment 2354

View attachment 2353

Tries to demonstrate how inefficient SNNs are - doesn't mention sparsity - ignorance, disingenuousness or ...?

He says SNNs are orders of magnitude less efficient than conventional computers in representing numbers. The bit he missed was in handling sensor data, where SNNs are orders of magnitude more efficient than conventional computers.

Is he so focused (blinkered) that he hasn't noticed what's happening in the real world?

Where's me liver salts?
I like the way that Kwabena tore down everything Bill said to pieces....and did it with a laugh!...:LOL:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Thanks Butcherano,

View attachment 2352

View attachment 2354

View attachment 2353

Where's me liver salts?
Afternoon Diogenese,

Sounds like you might have to grab him by the ears, drag him outside and give him a jolly flogging with your club till he sees sense

Have you seen the EENews article from yesterday. Renesas R-Car V4H ?

Regards,
Esq

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Afternoon Diogenese,

Sounds like you might have to grab him by the ears, drag him outside and give him a jolly flogging with your club till he sees sense

Regards,
Esq
Hi Esq.111,

I did start to draft a response to your post about R_CAR V4H last night but nodded off.

I didn't see the article you referred to but I did check the Renesas website and saw, as you mentioned, it's a couple of years away.

I would think that that would be sufficient time to include Akida IP. A couple of pages ago I posted the R-CAR V4H block diagram which showed a CNN IP block. Now that may well be a way of concealing Akida CNN2SNN behind the CNN veil.

After all, who else does CNN in silicon?

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

JK200SX

Regular
1646797883331.png

1646798115954.png

1646797919916.png

1646797947602.png

1646797979702.png

1646798016168.png

1646798071389.png

1646798165034.png

Damn! (Unless its just a BOT thats not answering correctly)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Afternoon Diogenese,

Regards,
Esq
Rarer than hen's teeth, ostrich ears.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
  • Thinking

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Sorry clicked on the wrong topic reply🙃

Baisyet

Regular
There is one more question you could ask: So is the C Class still running the MBUX voice recognition system that motoring writers have described as clunky and not very accurate?”

Would be interesting to have the answer.

Regards
FF
Hi FF
As you mentioned your background around your work, so i thought you are the better person to ask.
I have asked Valeo on Twitter, Merc on Linked and i think I forgot who else now. Regarding if they have used Akida or what Partnering with Akida had given them. But they didn't respond to my question at all. what do you think that will mean.
When ever i asked the question it was relevant to what they posted on those platform.
Thanks

D

Deleted member 118

Thanks Butcherano,

View attachment 2352

View attachment 2354

View attachment 2353

Where's me liver salts?

Probably posted before but I came across the other day Akida benchmarks if that helps

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Hi FF
As you mentioned your background around your work, so i thought you are the better person to ask.
I have asked Valeo on Twitter, Merc on Linked and i think I forgot who else now. Regarding if they have used Akida or what Partnering with Akida had given them. But they didn't respond to my question at all. what do you think that will mean.
When ever i asked the question it was relevant to what they posted on those platform.
Thanks
Hi Baisyet
Companies release the information their Sales, Marketing, Public Liability Insurers, Lawyers, Chief Executive Officers want released and so random strangers on social networks who ask questions outside what they have agreed to release publicly will always be ignored.

You have seen here or should I say you have seen on share threads how there can be posters with motives that are not honest and when you ask a question on one of these social media sites you could well be an industrial spy for a competitor. I was told by Tony Dawe last year that Brainchip is constantly on its guard because they receive communications from industrial spies out of a particular country trying to obtain information regularly.

Large companies like Mercedes and Valeo with established markets and proven products selling in those markets would be constantly under attack so I have no concerns that your questions are ignored.

It is just that simple really.

Then you have the mutual Non Disclosure Agreements which they definitely have with Brainchip to contend with as well which everyone in industry live with and require every day of the week.

If you are interested at one of TATA's AGM's in the last few years the Global Head gave a speech to shareholders in which he apologised to shareholders for not being able to talk about the great things that were happening at TATA because the sad reality of business was that China could not be trusted and TATA to ensure they could get new and innovative products to market before a Chinese company stole their ideas had to have a complete black out on information under very strict non disclosure agreements both with their partners and employees.

The world is not a fair place and the bigger and more successful your business is, or the more innovative the product you have is, the greater the number of dishonest players you will attract. Very sad but no one ever said the world was fair just look at Ukraine and what is happening there at the moment.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Mt09

Regular
Hi FF
Thanks
NDA

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Baisyet
Companies release the information their Sales, Marketing, Public Liability Insurers, Lawyers, Chief Executive Officers want released and so random strangers on social networks who ask questions outside what they have agreed to release publicly will always be ignored.

You have seen here or should I say you have seen on share threads how there can be posters with motives that are not honest and when you ask a question on one of these social media sites you could well be an industrial spy for a competitor. I was told by Tony Dawe last year that Brainchip is constantly on its guard because they receive communications from industrial spies out of a particular country trying to obtain information regularly.

Large companies like Mercedes and Valeo with established markets and proven products selling in those markets would be constantly under attack so I have no concerns that your questions are ignored.

Then you have the mutual Non Disclosure Agreements which they definitely have with Brainchip to contend with as well which everyone in industry live with and require every day of the week.

If you are interested at one of TATA's AGM's in the last few years the Global Head gave a speech to shareholders in which he apologised to shareholders for not being able to talk about the great things that were happening at TATA because the sad reality of business was that China could not be trusted and TATA to ensure they could get new and innovative products to market before a Chinese company stole their ideas had to have a complete black out on information under very strict non disclosure agreements both with their partners and employees.

The world is not a fair place and the bigger and more successful your business is, or the more innovative the product you have is, the greater the number of dishonest players you will attract. Very sad but no one ever said the world was fair just look at Ukraine and what is happening there at the moment.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
"We can neither confirm nor deny details of anything we have under development.

Anything we are not working on is another matter."

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Baisyet

Regular
Hi Baisyet

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you very much for your insight FF much appreciate it as always. :)

Old Dilly Dally. Appropriate name.

SC
These big tech players are right until they are wrong. Intel was right for a long time but now they are struggling. Facebook now trying to reinvent itself as Meta was right until it is now wrong and is loosing market share and trying to reinvent itself. These huge companies come and go and get it wrong in the end. Apple had a dark period. Far too many to mention in the tech space but Nokia springs to mind. Incumbency carries as much risk as being new and revolutionary. LeCunn is wedded to his historical position. Others have no idea because it was not taught in university when they obtained their degrees 20 or 30 years ago. Conventional wisdom is a greater inhibitor of innovation.

The facts are that Mercedes, NASA, Valeo and Vorago are early adopters and Renesas and MegaChips have licenced the IP. Nanose and Biotome are impressed enough to take Brainchip on as a strategic partner. The product is real. The product is in the market place. Brainchip is now shipping it to universities for academics to play with. Intel and IBM have been trying to do what Brainchip has achieved. Socionext, Eastronics, Saleslink have been convinced that AKIDA technology has a role to play. Not to mention Information Systems Laboratories have broken cover admitting they have been an EAP and together with Brainchip are developing a radar solution for the US Airforce under a research grant.

About a month ago I was reading an article about the presently accepted theory of our expanding Universe. The scientist and philosopher who was writing the article was actually making the point that though the present theory stacks up and he believes it if he were to be born 100 million years from now the expanding universe would have expanded to such an extent that absent current knowledge and measurements the other universes that can be presently seen with existing technology will be so far away that they will no longer exist in the sense they will be beyond the range of scientists to see them or the signals they emit.

So that scientists in 100 million years will if all present knowledge is lost will necessarily need a different theoretical construct and will come to an entirely different conclusion. The point he is making is that current scientists do not know what they do not know and thus things may have occurred in the past that should be in their models but are not and never will be.

The AKIDA technology did not exist before Peter van der Made existed. He has manufactured out of thin air the science underpinning it and why it works and that science is patent protected and covered by trade secrets. It is impossible for others like LeCunn to actually comment because he can only have flawed data. It is very simple. If I give you a phone without a sim card you cannot make a telephone call. If I give you sand with out cement you cannot make concrete. Flawed and or incomplete data does not allow you to analyse or test a scientific theory. To this very day many of Einstein's theories are still to be tested because they were too advanced for existing technology to replicate but he so far continues to be correct.

If Sir Winston Churchill and the British people had believed their competitors about their chances Germany, Italy and Japan would have won the Second World War. Competitors have a vested interest in denying the strengths of their competitors.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

newpunta

Regular
20 and a half million shares later ......... Gee Whiz ...... up 2.5c !!!
What a load of manipulation but I am not suprised.

Seriously, how many of the 3099 trades (sales) were genuine ? Not many I reckon.
Patience is the key here, I realise this - but does not mean I have to like it and unfair tactics by some in any domain bothers me very much.
I have some minor suggestions for changes to the trading info on the ASX platform.
I am curious to understand if this may be doo-able without too much difficulty ....... or am asking for too much ?

1. REGISTERED NUMBERS to buy and sell shares (no personal details) ........ just like an auction and the registered number included with each individual sale/purchase.
2. SiGNAL the direction of all transactions ........ if they are in direction of the buyer price or seller price.

Would that be difficult to do ?
Would that be more fair and transparent ........... or would that be unfair and too transparent for the manipulators ?
Just wondering if this would be a reasonable proposal to put to the ASX ......... IN THE NAME OF LESS MANIPULATION ?

I presume the ASX wants to promote and endorse a fair operation of its platform and by refusing the above suggestions would be a signal
that they oppose - LESS MANIPULATION, and support MORE MANIPLUATION ..... would that be true ?

• Fire
Top Bottom