BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Just received an email from Prophesee - they still love us:

1674741401684.png

As the calendar turns to 2023, we want to wish all our friends, partners, customers and extended Prophesee team a happy, safe and prosperous New Year.

A big thank you to everyone who helped make 2022 such a successful year for us, as we continue to redefine the computer vision and AI world with our breakthrough neuromorphic event-based Metavision® Technology.

We’re proud of the progress made in driving our technology solution forward with our 4th generation sensor realized in collaboration with Sony, a new open source version of our software, new development kits to enable broader adoption, and many new customers using our Metavision platform to create innovative solutions to tough problems.

The support we received from the entire ecosystem was tremendous – a new €50M round of funding; major progress with leading partners like Datalogic, MVTec, Framos, DMP, Restar, Xperi, accelerating the commercial development and adoption of our solutions; and a fast-growing community of creative developers that is now more than 7,000 strong.

We are so impressed and inspired by their creativity and the ever-widening range of uses case applying our Metavision platform to address the most pressing challenges in high-performance vision in industrial, IoT, XR, consumer and mobile applications.

We look forward to growing with all of you in the new year and beyond!

Luca Verre
CEO and co-founder

EVK4
We announced an ultralight, compact HD evaluation kit (EVK4) featuring the new IMX636ES HD stacked Event-Based Vision sensor, realized in collaboration between Sony and Prophesee.​
MIS
We released our entire Event-Based Vision software suite for free, including commercial license, further enabling community of thousands of engineers and researchers worldwide.​
Lucid VisionCam
Following early prototype announcement at VISION 2021, this year Machine Vision leader Lucid announced commercial availability of its new Triton EVS, featuring the Prophesee Metavision sensor inside.
Framos Dev Kit
Framos announced the release of their brand new Event-Based Vision development kit based on NVIDIA Jetson Xavier, featuring IMX636 sensor realized in collaboration between Sony and Prophesee.
https://campaign-image.com/zohocampaigns/267362000028698152_zc_v78_1623319283122_news.jpg
50M fundraising
We closed €50M C Series round with new investment from Prosperity7 to drive commercialization of revolutionary neuromorphic vision technology to become EU’s most well-funded fabless semiconductor startup.
Prophesee Collaborations
We announced collaboration and partnership with several key players in the world of machine vision, namely Century Arks, CIS, Datalogic, Framos, Lucid and MVTec.
https://campaign-image.com/zohocampaigns/267362000028698152_zc_v78_1623319283122_news.jpg
We are proud and thankful to be publicly recognized in 2022 for the excellence of our Engineers' and Researchers' inventions.​
https://campaign-image.com/zohocampaigns/267362000028698152_1_1642080262518_zc-noimage.png
We reached the milestone of 7,000+ community members. We introduced Inventors Community last year showcasing work and innovations being driven by our Metavision® technologies since 2014.​
https://campaign-image.com/zohocampaigns/267362000028698152_zc_v206_1642429342578_newsletter_jan_2022_4.jpg

1674741350971.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 75 users

Slade

Top 20

View attachment 27999

As the calendar turns to 2023, we want to wish all our friends, partners, customers and extended Prophesee team a happy, safe and prosperous New Year.

A big thank you to everyone who helped make 2022 such a successful year for us, as we continue to redefine the computer vision and AI world with our breakthrough neuromorphic event-based Metavision® Technology.

We’re proud of the progress made in driving our technology solution forward with our 4th generation sensor realized in collaboration with Sony, a new open source version of our software, new development kits to enable broader adoption, and many new customers using our Metavision platform to create innovative solutions to tough problems.

The support we received from the entire ecosystem was tremendous – a new €50M round of funding; major progress with leading partners like Datalogic, MVTec, Framos, DMP, Restar, Xperi, accelerating the commercial development and adoption of our solutions; and a fast-growing community of creative developers that is now more than 7,000 strong.

We are so impressed and inspired by their creativity and the ever-widening range of uses case applying our Metavision platform to address the most pressing challenges in high-performance vision in industrial, IoT, XR, consumer and mobile applications.

Luca Verre
CEO and co-founder

EVK4

We announced an ultralight, compact HD evaluation kit (EVK4) featuring the new IMX636ES HD stacked Event-Based Vision sensor, realized in collaboration between Sony and Prophesee.​
MIS

We released our entire Event-Based Vision software suite for free, including commercial license, further enabling community of thousands of engineers and researchers worldwide.​
Lucid VisionCam
Following early prototype announcement at VISION 2021, this year Machine Vision leader Lucid announced commercial availability of its new Triton EVS, featuring the Prophesee Metavision sensor inside.
Framos Dev Kit
Framos announced the release of their brand new Event-Based Vision development kit based on NVIDIA Jetson Xavier, featuring IMX636 sensor realized in collaboration between Sony and Prophesee.
50M fundraising
We closed €50M C Series round with new investment from Prosperity7 to drive commercialization of revolutionary neuromorphic vision technology to become EU’s most well-funded fabless semiconductor startup.
Prophesee Collaborations
We announced collaboration and partnership with several key players in the world of machine vision, namely Century Arks, CIS, Datalogic, Framos, Lucid and MVTec.
We are proud and thankful to be publicly recognized in 2022 for the excellence of our Engineers' and Researchers' inventions.​
https://campaign-image.com/zohocampaigns/267362000028698152_1_1642080262518_zc-noimage.png
We reached the milestone of 7,000+ community members. We introduced Inventors Community last year showcasing work and innovations being driven by our Metavision® technologies since 2014.​
https://campaign-image.com/zohocampaigns/267362000028698152_zc_v206_1642429342578_newsletter_jan_2022_4.jpg

View attachment 27998
Nice

Reactions: 7 users

dippY22

Regular

View attachment 27999

Luca Verre
CEO and co-founder
EVK4

MIS

Lucid VisionCam
Framos Dev Kit
50M fundraising
Prophesee Collaborations

View attachment 27998

Thanks for that. What's interesting to me is the words companies use, Prophesee in this case, to describe something. For example, what does it mean that Brainchip is a "technology partnership that delivers next generation platforms for OEM's looking to integrate ........" and DMP is a "strategic partnership agreement to develop an edge AI FPGA machine vision platform based on ......"

Perhaps someone can parse this difference better than me, and explain why these sound so similar but are very different. I am unable to, but I think they are very different. Both sound like future revenue streams for both companies (Brainchip and DMP) but when will the spigot flow and whose will be on first? Very interesting to contemplate, or deconstruct, but it hurts my head to do so.

I'll go first,......I think Brainchip can deliver now, where as DMP can help develop something down the road.

Thoughts?

BrainChip and Prophesee announced a technology partnership that delivers next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high levels of AI performance coupled with ultra-low power technologies.
LEARN MORE
DMP Restar
DMP, Restar and Prophesee announced a strategic partnership agreement to develop an Edge AI FPGA machine vision platform based on Prophesee’s pioneering Metavision® Event-Based Vision technology.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

cassip

Regular

Sony Electronics Unveils Two New Walkman® with Enhanced Sound Quality and Longer Battery Life Including the NW-ZX707 Premium Walkman​

The NW-ZX707 and the NW-A306 both use Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence), DSEE Ultimate™ (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) which upscales compressed digital music files in real time. The evolving algorithm now delivers even greater benefits for CD-quality (16 bit 44.1/48kHz) lossless codec audio. Restoring acoustic subtleties and dynamic range provides a richer, more complete listening experience.

DSEE Extreme and DSEE Ultimate both use AI (Artificial Intelligence) technology to accurately reproduce the original sound quality before the file was compressed.

To see just how much we can improve audio with AI, we first started working on development by referring to the deep learning of images
Also, another new feature of the WH-1000XM4 headphones that I would like to draw your attention to is the "Speak-to-Chat" function that automatically stops music whenever the wearer speaks allowing that person to hear ambient sounds. AI is also used for this function.
the "Speak-to-Chat" function which recognizes any spoken words
AI embedded inside the app is able to learn your "frequently visited locations". I believe using AI both for audio and for UI is something unique to Sony. Moreover, the fact that it is installed in a wearable device that has small size batteries is ground-breaking.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

stuart888

Regular
Thanks for that. What's interesting to me is the words companies use, Prophesee in this case, to describe something. For example, what does it mean that Brainchip is a "technology partnership that delivers next generation platforms for OEM's looking to integrate ........" and DMP is a "strategic partnership agreement to develop an edge AI FPGA machine vision platform based on ......"

Perhaps someone can parse this difference better than me, and explain why these sound so similar but are very different. I am unable to, but I think they are very different. Both sound like future revenue streams for both companies (Brainchip and DMP) but when will the spigot flow and whose will be on first? Very interesting to contemplate, or deconstruct, but it hurts my head to do so.

I'll go first,......I think Brainchip can deliver now, where as DMP can help develop something down the road.

Thoughts?

BrainChip and Prophesee announced a technology partnership that delivers next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high levels of AI performance coupled with ultra-low power technologies.
LEARN MORE
DMP Restar
DMP, Restar and Prophesee announced a strategic partnership agreement to develop an Edge AI FPGA machine vision platform based on Prophesee’s pioneering Metavision® Event-Based Vision technology.
Well said Dippy.

Here is the short version on DMP. They have a long history with GPU Products/Services, and shifted to AI smarts.

1674750237272.png

An R&D-type fabless(without own factory) semiconductor vendor, DMP has focused on the visual computing※2field of
embedded systems※1 as its core business, and has deployed licensing business of hardware IPs (logic design data, etc.) and software IPs (mainly drivers for controlling hardware and tools to support contents creation) based on proprietary 2D/3D graphics technology, as well as graphics LSI※6 business that incorporates these IPs.

In recent years, in order to become the world’s leading “AI Computing Company” in the fields of artificial intelligence (AI)※3 and deep learning※4 DMP provides solutions through a broad portfolio including AI processor IPs, hardware/software products and services, and AI ecosystem established by its own.

https://www.dmprof.com/en/ir/dmp-at-a-glance/description/

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

stuart888

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Attachments

• 1674751229630.png
    1674751229630.png
    378.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

stuart888

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

charles2

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

stuart888

Regular
On suitable freeway sections and where there is high traffic density, DRIVE PILOT can offer to take over the dynamic driving task, up to the speed of 40 mph. The control buttons needed for this are located in the steering wheel rim, on the left and right above the thumb recesses. Once conditions are suitable, the system indicates availability on the control buttons.

When the driver activates DRIVE PILOT, the system controls the speed and distance, and effortlessly guides the vehicle within its lane. The route profile, events occurring on the route and traffic signs are correspondingly taken into consideration. The system also reacts to unexpected traffic situations and handles them independently, e.g. by evasive maneuvers within the lane or by braking maneuvers.

Yeah-Yeah!🍷🍷🍷

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

charles2

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Quiltman

Regular
Thought this was worth sharing - a nice visual of the Semiconductor Value Chain

1674761474509.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
This whole article smells off. They say they are independent but I doubt that..

Reactions: 5 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Please enlighten me which of my other posts you are unhappy with?
Good morning all.

If you delete or get moderated on the said post where you have asked a question I'd be very surprised.

You have literally asked a question, if she's using her knowledge she gained at Brainchip in any particular way that affects Brainchip as a company. If you don't keep an eye on your investment no one else would. By asking this question, suppose if Brainchip didn't know about this company, they can now talk to their patent guys in Perth to look into this.

This is great DD in my view, and this is what investors with an open mind would do. Many people including FF have asked the same question about variety of companies along the way on forums including TSE and they have sent emails to Brainchip to look into it. No one was complaining then.

And I don't think this lady would care if someone asked this question either. AG hasn't abused her or anything, you guys should see what some of the share holders do on LinkedIn to company directors, research fellows and journalists who don't acknowledge Akida in their articles. Some respectfully point it out, and a few throw abuse and tantrum. The incident of Mike Davies come to mind, and I recently saw another incident towards a journalist who didn't mention Akida in their article.

Obviously it's upto admin to look into this post, but if it's moderated, all those posts in the past asking questions about different companies' products which we thought may have Akida must also be deleted.

We can't have double standards. Put me on ignore too if you don't like my sermon but fair is fair.

Have a great day.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Normally wouldn’t have to. I’m expecting moderators to delete your post. I don’t want to be on a site that feels it’s ok to name professional people and then have a sly dig at them. I had a gut full of that on hotcrapper. I would like to know if the lady that you targeted thinks your post is a joke. Going by a few of your recent posts, no one working at BrainChip is safe from you.

Report junk posts like that one, and they will automagically go away if enough people do it.

Reactions: 4 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

equanimous

Well said Dippy.

Here is the short version on DMP. They have a long history with GPU Products/Services, and shifted to AI smarts.

View attachment 28002

An R&D-type fabless(without own factory) semiconductor vendor, DMP has focused on the visual computing※2field of
embedded systems※1 as its core business, and has deployed licensing business of hardware IPs (logic design data, etc.) and software IPs (mainly drivers for controlling hardware and tools to support contents creation) based on proprietary 2D/3D graphics technology, as well as graphics LSI※6 business that incorporates these IPs.

In recent years, in order to become the world’s leading “AI Computing Company” in the fields of artificial intelligence (AI)※3 and deep learning※4 DMP provides solutions through a broad portfolio including AI processor IPs, hardware/software products and services, and AI ecosystem established by its own.

https://www.dmprof.com/en/ir/dmp-at-a-glance/description/
Hi Stuart nice research just thinking it would be good to have DMP in a additional thread aswell as general for ease of reference to refer back to..

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

You made your point the first time no need to go on and on. This crap is not needed on this forum
Hey Mercfan I saw this and thought you might like it also

merc.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 27 users
I cannot believe our senior management would just out of the blue raise funds (sell shares) at these low prices. There must be an agenda we are not privy to. Just when the reasoning for this is released, who knows? Tomorrow? AGM....probably not then as it will be too late to supercharge the SP. Whatever it is will just drop out of the blue, as the Intel news was. And VVDN. All I know is that our senior management are smart cookies.

Re the Anastasi interview with Mike Davies, it was as though he was talking of the market leader in Loihi 2. We all know this isn't correct as L2 is still a research chip, so just what is going on. I was thinking Intel may abandon L2 for Akida, which in turn would supply reasoning for the share sales in my first point. So much we don't know and are only speculating on.
The agreement with LDA requires us to raise a minimum of 15$ million in the calendar year

Top Bottom