BRN Discussion Ongoing

So who’s going to send Picklebro a copy of Markus Schaefer’s blog? No need to rub it in too much. Remember that humility is a valuable and admirable attribute. Maybe just very subtly highlight that Markus states that neuromorphic computing is a “highly significant field of computing“ and that we’re described as being “leading developers“ and, without tooting our own horn too much, just quickly mention that we were mentioned ahead of Intel and then maybe also highlight this statement “Together with intense parallel execution on neuromorphic chips, the new processing principles require us to go beyond the application of existing #AI frameworks to neuromorphic chips.”

And then sign off saying “Nah-nah-née-nah-nah”. 😝

Just joking - about the sign-off part that is.🤭
I would rather no one give him a heads up on anything and let him get trampled in the ensuring stampede!!

SC

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

ndefries

Regular
You're 100% right BaconLover 👍

They bait the hook perfectly, with their "views" and we take the bait each time and run with it.

It's a deliberate parasitic strategy and it's working for them.

They obviously need the help, to engage in such an unethical practice, but why should we give it to them?

Have a belly laugh at their bullshit, if you want, but don't spread it around unless your intention is to help their cause.

There are better causes out there..

MF were big on recommending AfterPay (APT). Who not only wasn't making a profit but last year lost 350M! What will it be this year. That never seemed to worry them. They were promoting broker views that the SP would go to $300 (valuing the company at 80B even after Square offered $150 (39B) for the take over.

MF were an investor in APT they would disclose in small print.

As an aside the price that APT was acquired for would be the same as $23 for BRN!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
600 billion! Is that all?

shocked-face-wide-eyes.gif

PS : Sarcasm intended...

Automotive Artificial Intelligence Market to reach $600 Bn by 2032, Says Global Market Insights Inc.​

Global Market Insights Inc.
Wed, January 18, 2023 at 12:10 AM GMT+11·6 min read

Major automotive artificial intelligence market participants include BMW AG, IBM Corporation, Honda Motors, Volvo Car Corporation, AUDI AG, Ford Motor Company, Intel Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, Tencent, Microsoft, Intel Corporation, Tesla Inc, and Uber Technologies, Inc.
Sarcasm intended..., Delaware,, Jan. 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
The automotive artificial intelligence Market valuation is poised to surpass USD 600 billion by 2032, as reported in a research study by Global Market Insights Inc.
The growing adoption of AI in the automotive sector to mitigate risks and improve auto supply chain resiliency will boost the market growth. Due to supply-chain vulnerabilities, production shutdowns, and semiconductor shortages, businesses are adopting ML and AI-based systems to improve transparency and accurate prediction and to solve problems faster. In addition, the rising use of AI in car manufacturing is propelling the market revenue. Designers and development teams of automobile companies are using AI to offer extraordinary products and services and address the end user's expectations and convenience through AI and ML-driven customizations.

Request for a sample of this research report @ https://www.gminsights.com/request-sample/detail/3199
The hardware segment of the automotive AI market is set to witness over 55% CAGR between 2023 to 2032, due to the growing adoption of autonomous vehicles is enabling companies to develop innovative AI hardware such as the CPU, Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC), LiDAR sensors, Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGAs), GPU chips, and memory units. The leading global chip companies, including NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD, are creating new product lines to support the growing use of AI in the automotive sector.
Based on technology, the automotive artificial intelligence market from the context awareness segment is anticipated to attain nearly 50% gains between 2023 and 2032. With the help of context awareness technology, autonomous cars may use sensors to record the surroundings around them and respond in real-time to changing environment. The technology facilitates function customization while also requiring fewer user interactions. The rapid development of smart cities and the emerging need to create better transportation systems are poised to drive the market growth.
824b22cd4e49a40cae42174d1338695b

The image/signal recognition segment will hold approximately 60% of the automotive artificial intelligence market share by 2032. The image recognition process helps improve road safety for pedestrians and in-vehicle passengers. The rising deployment of image/signal recognition, such as computer vision systems in semi-autonomous vehicles to enhance the night vision mode to avoid any accidents at night, is set to influence the business growth.
The semi-autonomous application segment is predicted to expand at a CAGR of 90% till 2032. Semi-autonomous cars can operate autonomously utilizing a camera, sensors, and AI, although they still require human intervention in case of unforeseen circumstances. Leading manufacturers, including Tesla, Audi, and Cadillac, have already created semi-autonomous cars, and are taking initiatives to speed up the development of these vehicles from level 1 to level 3, resulting in a market demand for AI solutions for automotive applications.
The LAMEA automotive artificial intelligence market will cross USD 60 billion by 2032. The UAE's rapidly expanding autonomous automobile market will generate notable growth possibilities for AI technology providers owing to the abundance of smart cities, including Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Additionally, it is predicted that the growing investment in AI startups specializing in automotive applications will augment the market revenue.
Some of the leading companies operating in the automotive artificial intelligence market are BMW AG, IBM Corporation, Honda Motors, Volvo Car Corporation, AUDI AG, Ford Motor Company, Intel Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, Tencent, Microsoft, Intel Corporation, Tesla Inc, and Uber Technologies, Inc. Several new developments and product range expansions by companies are anticipated to bring about lucrative growth to the market.
To cite an instance, in August 2022, a multinational technology company, NVIDIA, unveiled DRIVE THOR, a revolutionary autonomous driving technology that will incorporate assisted and automated driving, in addition to other digital features like in-car infotainment.
Secure a copy of the premium research report @ https://www.gminsights.com/securecheckout/paymenta/3199?gmpaycod=sugmp

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
MF were big on recommending AfterPay (APT). Who not only wasn't making a profit but last year lost 350M! What will it be this year. That never seemed to worry them. They were promoting broker views that the SP would go to $300 (valuing the company at 80B even after Square offered $150 (39B) for the take over.

As an aside the price that APT was acquired for would be the same as $23 for BRN!
APT was the market darling of the ASX, but had a costly, crappy business plan.

BRN will be the market darling of the ASX (for starters), but it will be built on a solid foundation, that we are all witnessing the construction of.

Our business plan is Golden and brings a smile to my face, whenever I think about it.

Empires are not built overnight, but they do get built.

Sounds like a good advertising slogan 🤔..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

23 is my favourite number. If we were bought out for $23, I would definitely be building these (gaudy) front gates on my house!

1674010252142.png

They are Michael Jordans front gates btw. Money definitely doesn't buy class haha

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

charles2

Regular
Oh my. No surprise here.

Tesla behaving badly. Very badly.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
23 is my favourite number. If we were bought out for $23, I would definitely be building these (gaudy) front gates on my house!

View attachment 27382

They are Michael Jordans front gates btw. Money definitely doesn't buy class haha
I reckon he gets Uber-Eats a lot 😉

That's actually one of his playing numbers, so I wonder if that's also the address?..

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

ndefries

Regular

That's actually one of his playing numbers, so I wonder if that's also the address?..
Ha that isnt his house number - here is the property listing - 15M USD and it's your. the basketball court is decent!

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

JB49

Regular
The Valeo expert commeneted on the post stating "I can confirm that it is a long way to go but very promising". That doesn't fill me with any confidence that we will be in any Valeo products anytime soon.
For those not aware, Markus Schafer is the CTO of Development & Improvement and is also a Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz. Markus is highly regarded across the industry and has almost 55,000 followers alone on LinkedIn. His post on neuromorphic computing highlighting BrainChip has only been live 14 hours but has already been re-posted 10 times extending the tentacles across multiple audiences.

A few may consider the content underwhelming, however for me, and IMO this coverage does a number of things.

1. Takes opportunity to identify BrainChip as one of two leading developers (alongside Intel)
2. Provides irrefutable proof of neuromorphic computings strategic importance to Mercedes future fleet development
3. Indicates that Mercedes are researching wide use cases that will have a direct impact on future AI functionality across their vehicles
4. Validates the ongoing partnership with BrainChip
5. Confirms that experts are working closely to examine new applications

6. Provides clue that even small node application is transferring to measurable advancement across multiple applications
7. Reinforces that a single use case for Akida (Hey Mercedes) has demonstrated efficiency improvements of 5-10 times
8. Clearly flags that efficiency improvements are paramount given the increasing use of AI technology within vehicles

Cheers.

NB - Perhaps also a timely reminder on the LinkedIn comments, let's keep it professional please.

View attachment 27363
View attachment 27364

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

Ha that isnt his house number - here is the property listing - 15M USD and it's your. the basketball court is decent!

He can't sell the place. It's been for sale for years!

EDIT: the listing says it's been on the market for 1884 days :confused:. If we get taken over for $23, maybe I'll take it off his hands. :cool:

• Haha
  • Fire
If I were to be so bold as to decipher what the mighty oracle Dio has said... Brainchip uses Spikes to process information, CEVA seems to be using mathematical gymnastics to do it instead of spikes.

Hi Dhm,

AS Ella continually reminds us:
"Taint what you do,
It's the way that you do it."

CEVA Figure 1 "Mixed precision neural Engine - 4k MAC"

View attachment 27372

Using MACs and 16 bits is incompatible with Akida SNN. These are von Neumann hangovers.

While they refer to sparsity, there in no indication that CEVA are using N-of-M coding.

This CEVA patent application relates to the cited article:

EP3709225A1 SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR EFFICIENT UTILIZATION OF MULTIPLIERS IN NEURAL-NETWORK COMPUTATIONS

View attachment 27374

A system and method for performing neural network calculations may include selecting a size in bits for representing a plurality of weight elements of the neural network based on a value of the weight elements. In each computational cycle: if the size in bits of a weight element of the plurality of weight elements is N, configuring an N∗K multiply accumulator to perform one multiply-accumulate operation of a K-bit data element and the N-bit weight element; and if the size in bits of at least two N/M-bit weight elements of the plurality of weight elements is N/M, configuring the N∗K multiply accumulator to perform up to N/M multiply-accumulate operations, each of a K-bit data element and an N/M-bit weight element, where N, K and M are integers bigger than one, N is a power of 2, M is even and N≥M.

Typically, the neurons and links within a NN are represented by mathematical constructs, such as activation functions and matrices of data elements and weights. A processor, e.g. CPUs or graphics processing units (GPUs), or a dedicated hardware device may perform the relevant calculations.

[0004] NN calculations require performing a huge amount of multiplications, e.g., of the data elements and weights. Typical hardware implementations of NN usually support 16-bit fixed-point precision arithmetic processing. However, the power consumption of such devices becomes a problem in many NN applications.

[0005] Attempts to reduce the power consumption have been made, for example, by reducing the bit precision to 8, 4 or even 1 bit. While reducing the bit precision may indeed reduce the power consumption, it may at the same time reduce the accuracy of the neural network.

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
[0006] According to embodiments of the present invention, there is provided a system and method for efficient utilization of multipliers in neural network computations by an execution unit. The method may include for example determining a size in bits of weight elements; configuring an N∗ K multiply accumulator to perform at least two multiply operations in parallel, if the size in bits of at least two weight elements is not bigger than N /M, where K is an integer bigger than one, each of N and M is a power of 2 and N≥M

• Thinking
  • Wow

alwaysgreen

Top 20
The Valeo expert commeneted on the post stating "I can confirm that it is a long way to go but very promising". That doesn't fill me with any confidence that we will be in any Valeo products anytime soon.

@chapman89 Fighting the good fight! Always representing.

1674012341368.png

David Fredericks from Aurecon seems interested. Might be worth keeping an eye on them in the future. Aurecon are massive!
1674011973796.png

Steven Peters from the Institute of Automotive Engineering (FZD) confirmed that they are doing some "work"/studies into Neuromorphic. Hopefully with Akida.

1674012067721.png

1674011926445.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Reactions: 2 users

Moonshot

Regular
I didn't see any Valeo person in the comments on Markus' post when I checked just now. Can you send a screenshot?

Reactions: 1 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
@chapman89 Fighting the good fight! Always representing.

David Fredericks from Aurecon seems interested. Might be worth keeping an eye on them in the future. Aurecon are massive!
View attachment 27385

Steven Peters from the Institute of Automotive Engineering (FZD) confirmed that they are doing some "work"/studies into Neuromorphic. Hopefully with Akida.

View attachment 27386

View attachment 27384
David is a shareholder.
No idea about the other guy.

Reactions: 5 users
He can't sell the place. It's been for sale for years!

EDIT: the listing says it's been on the market for 1884 days :confused:. If we get taken over for $23, maybe I'll take it off his hands. :cool:
No wonder he can't sell the place, who on Earth would need 15.4 bathrooms, haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I didn't see any Valeo person in the comments on Markus' post when I checked just now. Can you send a screenshot?
I think he's talking about this bloke

1674012408393.png

1674012423556.png

Reactions: 9 users

Kachoo

Regular
Soft Basher I think lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20

https://www.valeo.com/en/valeo-scala-lidar/

Valeo’s third-generation laser LiDAR technology, which is scheduled to hit the market in 2024, will take autonomous driving even further, making it possible to delegate driving to the vehicle in many situations, including at speeds of up to 130 km/h on the highway. Even at high speeds on the highway, autonomous vehicles equipped with this system are able to manage emergency situation autonomously.

• 2018: Valeo was the first company in the world to run an autonomous vehicle in central Paris, in 100% autonomous driving mode, with Valeo Drive4U, equipped exclusively with series-produced sensors
  • 2021: The Honda Legend and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class are the first cars to have reached level 3 automation in the market. Both models are fitted with Valeo’s LiDAR technology.

I guess they will be doing some testing of Scala 3 before it hits the market. Admittedly, hitting the market in 2024 could mean December 2024, but who releases a new car at Christmas?

We haven't seen anything to prove Scala 3 has Akida, but that's where the smart money is.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

MrNick

Regular
No wonder he can't sell the place, who on Earth would need 15.4 bathrooms, haha
Hostage & Methane.

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom