BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
This is my understanding.
If you have BRN shares in both commsec or similar plus say via Australian super account (invest up to 20%) then you are counted as two individuals.
So people like me are counted as 2 of the 46000 approx shareholders. How many of the 1000 eyes or other BRN investors may be like me.

Pretty sure it's based on HIN. 1 hodler per HIN.
My opinion only. DYOR. LMAO.
peter-griffin-family-guy.gif

Reactions: 6 users

Moonshot

Regular
I found this interesting business case study on ARM, what stood out was the timelines involved. Signing licensees at the start and getting to royalties takes a looong time, but my take is that it is like a snowball on a mountain…slowly builds into an unstoppable force and likely to be a wild ride. Strap in or bail out depending on your risk tolerance!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

ndefries

Regular
My opinion only. DYOR. LMAO. View attachment 27320
If you have direct investment in BRN through Australia super for example you don't actually own the shares in your name. Australia super owns them but you are attributed to their value. You will see this when it comes time for the AGM as you won't be given a voting registration.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
I found this interesting business case study on ARM, what stood out was the timelines involved. Signing licensees at the start and getting to royalties takes a looong time, but my take is that it is like a snowball on a mountain…slowly builds into an unstoppable force and likely to be a wild ride. Strap in or bail out depending on your risk tolerance!

Awesome read Moonshot 👌
Reading this gives a perspective of what BRN is going through now.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Violin1

Regular

Thanks. Lots of parallels there - hope it's the same with revenue!

The Pope

Regular
My opinion only. DYOR. LMAO. View attachment 27320
Yep 1 holder per HIN
but if you have BRN shares via multiple sources like commsec, SMSF and a super fund you have multiple links and counted as seperate share holders. Just ask a accountant who deals with this stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Now it has taken place. Moschip and Cadence are among the sponsors. It was also about:

"Neuromorphic Circuits and Systems:
Device, circuit, architecture design, analysis and optimization for neuromorphic computing systems, Complexity and scalability of neuromorphic computing, Emerging technologies for brain-inspired nano-computing and communication, Applications of neuromorphic computing in embedded and IoT devices, unmanned vehicles and drones, and cyber-physical systems."

https://vlsid.org/call-for-papers/#
Talking of Cadence, they're also a sponsor of the upcoming DesignCon happening from Jan 31 to Feb 2:

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

FeverIT

Emerged
I know it is a strange relationship I have with the shares I have had purchased through my Super fund (Care super industry fund).
It allows me to have up to 20% of the total value of my fund in any one of the listed companies in the ASX200/300 or a bunch of recommended ETF's.
But as I understand it I don't actually own the shares. And I do not have voting rights associated with them. They are held in trust for me by the fund and I can have them sold at any time with about 48 hours notice, and then the net proceeds are held in cash in a holding account until I either allocate them to an ongoing investment fund of my choosing or withdraw them, tax free, as I have now officially retired.
Its all a bit clunky and costs me $10 a month to have the facility, but it seems to work ok.
I hold some shares in Aus Super. I’ve started to move away from buying under this structure as when I questioned them about voting rights, I received the same response as above. I then questioned Aus Super on dividends and apparently they aren’t distributed to your account as Aus Super owns the shares. So basically going forward you are reliant on share price increase only. I now hold shares in several structures and am seen as multiple holders. I am not a financial advisor or accountant and am going only on my own research. So DYOR
@Fact Finder, I really miss your contribution to this forum. You wisdom reaches further than you realise. I appreciate all the hours of reading, notes, background checks you have put into your posts. Thank you!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

The Pope

Regular
Evening Kachoo,

Several others bought up the same query, to be honest I do not know, but...

Every share holder in Oz has a CHES number , linking back to the owner of said security's.

However, and do not quote me , if bought through a a floating , as opposed through a private SMSA ( self managed super acount), yes I would think the managed account would have their own CHESS equivalent number and hence register as a separate entity, holder.

For example ETFs for bundle multiple stocks into units for punters to buy & sell. The ETF would have their own number and punters go through them.

Had a few sherberts and listening to great music, in my ears, sorry for the delay response.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Esq.
What you have said is generally correct and would have a seperate CHESS equivalent number.
So we may have a lot less actual share holders (individuals) then the quoted 46000 share holders on the register.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

A very interesting read @Moonshot.

We’re very lucky to have someone like RT, whose experience with ARM would be invaluable. Especially given we are using a similar IP sales model ourselves. He’s already walked the walk!

I found these paragraphs quite relevant:

Customer-Centricity
Another key focus area for the team at ARM was customer-centricity. Talking about the “customer is king” mentality, Urquhart commented, “Too often start-ups get so hung up on their wonderful technology they forget that they have to understand the market and customers and develop their product to meet the customers’ needs (at the right price).” He recollected the early years at ARM, and their constant focus on the customer,

Eco-system
One limiting feature of the IP licensing business model was the time it took to generate revenue— it could take years from the time a license was signed until the royalties started to kick in. But as the ARM architecture became more and more widely licensed, ARM put a lot of effort into building a partnership ecosystem of fabricators, OEM’s, circuit design tool producers and third- party suppliers of software libraries (for graphics, sensors, networking, etc.); so that anything that an ARM licensee might need would be available from its ecosystem (refer to Exhibit 3 for ARM Business model).

Cheers

:)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

The Pope

Regular
Fool with her superior expert has posted again. Maybe we don't post it this time here to avoid giving another platform?
Who are you talking about?

Reactions: 1 users

cassip

Regular
Hi all,

just some SP information from Germany:

low volume (Tradegate just under 25k), SP slightly up 1,58% EUR 0,4496 , about 0,6981 AUS $

Regards
Cassip

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
Yep 1 holder per HIN
but if you have BRN shares via multiple sources like commsec, SMSF and a super fund you have multiple links and counted as seperate share holders. Just ask an accountant who deals with this stuff.
Wife and I both have own SMSF, we both have separate personal BRN holdings and one special self wealth account I have put aside for my kids that are currently only 2 and 3 years of age 🥰. X5 accounts in all!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
This is my understanding.
If you have BRN shares in both commsec or similar plus say via Australian super account (invest up to 20%) then you are counted as two individuals.
So people like me are counted as 2 of the 46000 approx shareholders. How many of the 1000 eyes or other BRN investors may be like me.
Yep I have BRN shares in my Commsec account and in my super account so would count as two shareholders

Reactions: 8 users

The Pope

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

sonofkong

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Assume you mean this latest link by dickleboro.
It appears him providing sound financial advice isn’t a strong point of James. A amusing read though.

The pigeon is at it again I see. What a tool

Reactions: 7 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 65 users

cassip

Regular
I will watch the SP ...

cosors

👀
Markus Schafer’s neuromorphic article is finally up

🤔
LOIHI.png

Date of Publication: 06 April 2021
I mean, it's clear that's where they started. Maybe there's still something to come where the journey has taken them.
"I’ll touch on our latest findings in an upcoming “In the Loop” and tell you my thoughts on where this is taking us. "

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom