BRN Discussion Ongoing

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Chippers,

Breaking news...

World first, Pioneer DJ mixing table utilising Brainchips Akida neuromorphic chip on the International Space Station.
Personally can't imagine having to wash the external windows , whilst attached via umbilical, without some groovy tunes.

šŸ˜„ .

* With any luck, may pull Fact Finder back, to give me a dressing down.
Seemed to work last time.

All in good humour.

ARi - Matasin, Live Series, Ep.003 ( Melodic Techno Progressive House Mix) 7th Jan 2023.

If a savvy individual could post link, Thankyou in advance.
This may be our only hope of retrieving Fact Finder.

Cheers for all the great finds and posts today.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

SiFive
Did you miss us at the 2022 #RISCVSummit? Weā€™ve got you covered! Learn more about our collaboration with
@Intel and the new Horse Creek development board from SiFiveā€™s Jack Kang:

I was not aware that SiFive are collaborating with Intel on a ā€˜powerful tool for developersā€™

Is BrainChip also involved?

0740833C-FB6C-4C42-893B-DE0DA779D3FD.jpeg

HiFive Pro P550​

RISC-V is inevitable, and the HiFive Pro P550 development system exemplifies that.

In partnership, Intel and SiFive are excited to introduce the highest performance RISC-V development board, which is scheduled to be available Summer 2023.

The soul of the machine is the Intel Horse Creek SoC, built on the Intel 4 process, that includes a SiFive Performanceā„¢ P550 Core Complex, a quad-core application processor featuring a thirteen-stage, triple-issue, out-of-order pipeline with the RISC-V RV64GBC ISA, and on-board DDR5-5600 and PCIe Gen5.

Board features (subject to change) include; 16GB DDR5, 2x PCIe expansion slots, 1/10GbE Networking, USB 3, on-board graphics and a remote management ready interface (OCP DC-SCM).

This is a premium software development system ideal for developer desktop machines and rack-based build/test/deploy servers for RISC-V software development. RISC-V has no limits.

1673680024165.png

1673680440463.png

Intel at 18:25

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Howdy Brain Fam,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Let's hope I can make it even better!

I just watched the Cerence 25th Annual Needham Growth Conference which was filmed on the 10th Jan 2023. It's a 40 min approx video presentation that you have to sign up for to watch (full name and email address required for access). This link is here if you're interested in watching. https://wsw.com/webcast/needham

I'm itching to share a bit of information from the presentation because I believe there were numerous points raised throughout the presentation that indicate quite strongly the possible use of our technology in Cerence's embedded voice solution IMO.

For some background, Cerence is a global leader in conversational AI and they state that they are the only company in the world to offer the "complete stack" including conversational AI, audio, speech to text AI. Cerence state that every second newly defined SOP (start of production) car uses their technology, and theyā€™re working with some very big names such as BYD, NIO, GM, Ford, Toyota, Volkswagen, Stellantis, Mercedes, BMW.

In the presentation they discussed how in November they held their second Analyst Day in which they outlined their new strategy called "Destination Next". They said that from a technology perspective this strategy or transition means they are going to be evolving from a voice only driver-centric solution via their Cerence Assistant or Co-pilate to a truly immersive in-cabin experience. Stefan Ortmanns (CEO Cerence) said early in the presentation something like "which means we're bringing in more features and applications beyond conversational AI, for example, wellness sensing, for example surrounding awareness, emotional AI or the interaction inside and outside the car with passengers and we have all these capabilities for creating a really immersive companionā€. He also said something about the underlying strategy being based on 3 pillars, "scalable AI, teachable AI, and the immersive in-cabin experience", which has been bought about as a result of a "huge appetite for AI".

At about 6 mins Stefan Ortmanns says they have recently been shifting gear to bring in more proactive AI and he said something along these lines "What does it mean? So you bring everything you get together, so you have access to the sensors in the car, you an embedded solution, you have a cloud solution, and you also have this proactive AI, for example the road conditions or the weather conditions. And if you can bring everything together you have a personalised solution for the diver and also for the passengers and this is combines with what we call the (??? mighty ?? intelligence). And looking forward for the immersive experience, you need to bring in more together, it's not just about speech, it's about AI in general right so, with what I said wellness sensing, drunkenness detection, you know we're working on all this kind of cool stuff. We're working on emotional AI to have a better engagement with the passengers and also with the driver. And this is our future road map and we have vetted this with 50-60 OEM's across the globe and we did it together with a very well know consultancy firm."

At about 13 mins they describe how there will be very significant growth in fiscal years 23/24 because of the bookings they have won over the last 18 to 24 months that will go into production at the end of this year and very early in 2024 and a lot of them will have the higher tech stack that Stephan talked about.

At roughly 25 mins Stefan Ortmanns is asked how they compete with big tech like Alexa, Google, Apple, and how are they are co-exisiting because there are certain OEMS's using Alexa and certain ones using Cerence as well. In terms of what applications is Cerence providing Stephan replied stating something like "Alexa is a good example, so what you're seeing in the market is that OEM's are selecting us for their OEM branded solution and we are providing the wake word for interacting with Alexa, that's based on our core technology".

Now here comes the really good bit. At 29 mins the conversation turns to partnership statements, and they touch on NVDIA and whether Cerence view NVDIA as a competitor or partner (sounds familiar). This question was asked in relation to NVDIA having its own chauffeur product which enables some voice capabilities with its own hardware and software however Cerence has also been integrated into NVDIA's DRIVE platform. In describing this relationship, the Stefan Ortmanns says something like "So you're right. They have their own technology, but our technology stack is more advanced. And here we're talking about specifically Mercedes where they're positioned with their hardware and with our solution. There's also another semi-conductor big player, Qualcomm namely now they are working with Volkswagen group and they're also using our technology. So we're very flexible and open with our partners".

Following on form that they discuss how Cerence is also involved in the language processing for BMW which has to be "seamlessly integrated" with "very low latency".

So, a couple of points I wanted to throw in to emphasise why I'm thinking all of this so strongly indicates the use of BrainChip's technology being a part of Cerence's stack.
  • Cerence presented Mercedes as the premium example in which to demonstrate how advanced their voice technology is in comparison to NVDIA's. Since this presentation is only a few days old, I don't think they'd be referring to Mercedes old voice technology but rather the new advanced technology developed for the Vision EQXX. And I don't think Cerence would be referring to Mercedes at all if they weren't still working with them.
  • This is after Mercedes worked with BrainChip on the ā€œwake wordā€ detection for the Vision EQXX which made it 5-10 times more efficient. So, it only seems logical if Cerence's core technology is to provide the wake word that they should incorporate BrainChipā€™s technology to make the wake word detection 5-10 times faster.
  • In November 2022 Nils Shanz, who was responsible for user interaction and voice control at Mercedes and who also worked on the Vision EQXX voice control system was appointed Chief Product Officer at Cerence.
  • Previous post in which Cerence describe their technology as "self-learning",etc #6,807
  • Previous post in which Cerence technology is described as working with an internet connection #35,234 and #31,305
  • Iā€™m no engineer but I would have thought the new emotion detection AI and contextual awareness AI that are connected to the carā€™s sensors must be embedded into Cerenceā€™s technology for it all to work seamlessly.
Anyway, naturally I would love to hear what @Fact Finder has to say about this. As we all know he is the world's utmost guru in being able to sort the chaff from the wheat and always stands at the ready to pour cold water on any outlandish dot joining attempts when the facts don't stack up.

Of course, these are only the conclusions I have arrived at after watching the presentation and I would love to hear what everyone elseā€™s impression are. Needless to say, I hope I'm right.

B šŸ’‹

Hi Bravo,

As you know, Cerence has been on our radar and I had filed them under competitors under the "friend or Foe" principle, but the truth is that that they seem to be agnostic as far as NNs are concerned, simply listing "artificial intelligence" in a grocery list of functions.

US2022415318A1 VOICE ASSISTANT ACTIVATION SYSTEM WITH CONTEXT DETERMINATION BASED ON MULTIMODAL DATA

1673681591770.png

A vehicle system for classifying spoken utterance within a vehicle cabin as one of system-directed and non-system directed may include at least one microphone to detect at least one acoustic utterance from at least one occupant of the vehicle, at least one camera to detect occupant data indicative of occupant behavior within the vehicle corresponding to the acoustic utterance, and a processor programmed to receive the acoustic utterance, receive the occupant data, determine whether the occupant data is indicative of a vehicle feature, classify the acoustic utterance as a system-directed utterance in response to the occupant data being indicative of a vehicle feature, and process the acoustic utterance.

[0016] The vehicle 104 may be configured to include various types of components, processors, and memory, and may communicate with a communication network 110 . The communication network 110 may be referred to as a ā€œcloudā€ and may involve data transfer via wide area and/or local area networks, such as the Internet, Global Positioning System (GPS), cellular networks, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. The communication network 110 may provide for communication between the vehicle 104 and an external or remote server 112 and/or database 114 , as well as other external applications, systems, vehicles, etc. This communication network 110 may provide navigation, music or other audio, program content, marketing content, internet access, speech recognition, cognitive computing, artificial intelligence, to the vehicle 104

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Mt09

Regular

Attachments

• 0AD26E54-77AB-41AE-B23F-5DAF54B39065.png
    0AD26E54-77AB-41AE-B23F-5DAF54B39065.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

TopCat

Regular
Evening Chippers,

Breaking news...

World first, Pioneer DJ mixing table utilising Brainchips Akida neuromorphic chip on the International Space Station.
Personally can't imagine having to wash the external windows , whilst attached via umbilical, without some groovy tunes.

šŸ˜„ .

All in good humour.

ARi - Matasin, Live Series, Ep.003 ( Melodic Techno Progressive House Mix) 7th Jan 2023.

Regards,
Esq.
Not quite techno but why havenā€™t I ever seen this before? By Akida šŸ˜Ž

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
I was not aware that SiFive are collaborating with Intel on a ā€˜powerful tool for developersā€™

Is BrainChip also involved?

@Diogenese what do you reckon? Could we be also involved in the SiFive - Intel ā€˜Horse Creekā€™ collaboration? Is the ChatGPT description below legit?

1673682370604.png

1673682396301.png

1673682466123.png

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Potato

Regular
When is the next quarterly being released? Anyone got the date?

Reactions: 1 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
@Diogenese what do you reckon? Could we be also involved in the SiFive - Intel ā€˜Horse Creekā€™ collaboration? Is the ChatGPT description below legit?

View attachment 27073
View attachment 27075
View attachment 27076
SiFive Horse Creek was showcased in October 2022, so they would have been seeing each other for some time before that.
https://www.cnx-software.com/2022/1...rm-sifive-p550-risc-v-cpu-8gb-ddr5-pcie-gen5/

There is no mention of NNs or AI accelerators in this article from 20221010:
https://www.cnx-software.com/2022/1...rm-sifive-p550-risc-v-cpu-8gb-ddr5-pcie-gen5/
Horse Creek platform specifications:

• CPU ā€“ SiFive P500 quad-core RISC-V processor @ up to 2.2 GHz with a 13-stage, 3-issue, out-of-order (OoO) pipeline, private L2 cache, and common L3 cache
  • Memory ā€“ DDR5-5600 interface
  • PCIe ā€“ PCIe Gen5 through Intelā€™s PCIe PHY with 8 lanes, Synopsys PCIe Root Hub controller
  • Other peripheral interfaces ā€“ I3C, Quad and Octal SPI, UART, peripheral DMA
  • Package ā€“ 19Ɨ19 FBGA
  • Process ā€“ Intel 4 technology

Our affair with SiFive goes back to April 2022
https://brainchip.com/brainchip-sifive-partner-deploy-ai-ml-at-edge/
but we did not start going out with Intel until December 2022.

There is nothing to indicate that Horse Creek uses Akida. [Now I'm talking like ChatGPT (where I get all my answers from)].

As for the GPT response, it is couched in broad generalizations without any real detail, almost like it was under NDA.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Founder of Qualcomm and a couple of other well knowns.
Short video but I like to know what these guys are like in a relaxed setting.
"When the money hits the table that's when you find out the real character of people" so very true

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Evening Chippers,

Breaking news...

šŸ˜„ .

All in good humour.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha

Founder of Qualcomm and a couple of other well knowns.
Short video but I like to know what these guys are like in a relaxed setting.

There's a comment in that video that goes something like " big shots they think they built the business uh their customers built the business"
So all those who whinge about NDA's should really have a think about that.
Hey @Esq.111 not bad, not bad at all bit more tempo in that one. šŸ„šŸŽ§

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Hi Bravo,

As you know, Cerence has been on our radar and I had filed them under competitors under the "friend or Foe" principle, but the truth is that that they seem to be agnostic as far as NNs are concerned, simply listing "artificial intelligence" in a grocery list of functions.

US2022415318A1 VOICE ASSISTANT ACTIVATION SYSTEM WITH CONTEXT DETERMINATION BASED ON MULTIMODAL DATA

View attachment 27072

A vehicle system for classifying spoken utterance within a vehicle cabin as one of system-directed and non-system directed may include at least one microphone to detect at least one acoustic utterance from at least one occupant of the vehicle, at least one camera to detect occupant data indicative of occupant behavior within the vehicle corresponding to the acoustic utterance, and a processor programmed to receive the acoustic utterance, receive the occupant data, determine whether the occupant data is indicative of a vehicle feature, classify the acoustic utterance as a system-directed utterance in response to the occupant data being indicative of a vehicle feature, and process the acoustic utterance.

[0016] The vehicle 104 may be configured to include various types of components, processors, and memory, and may communicate with a communication network 110 . The communication network 110 may be referred to as a ā€œcloudā€ and may involve data transfer via wide area and/or local area networks, such as the Internet, Global Positioning System (GPS), cellular networks, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. The communication network 110 may provide for communication between the vehicle 104 and an external or remote server 112 and/or database 114 , as well as other external applications, systems, vehicles, etc. This communication network 110 may provide navigation, music or other audio, program content, marketing content, internet access, speech recognition, cognitive computing, artificial intelligence, to the vehicle 104
Hi Dio, are you saying, opposed to your initial thought, it is possible that Cerence is a friend instead of a foe? Because I was wondering @Bravo if the large consulting firm that Cerence used to vett the OEMs might have been our recent podcast mate Accenture šŸ«¢

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Hi Dio, are you saying, opposed to your initial thought, it is possible that Cerence is a friend instead of a foe? Because I was wondering @Bravo if the large consulting firm that Cerence used to vett the OEMs might have been our recent podcast mate Accenture šŸ«¢

Above tweet had nothing to do with your post but like Akida I'm trying to be more efficient.
77g72v.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Above tweet had nothing to do with your post but like Akida I'm trying to be more efficient.
View attachment 27081

Observation

1673689128807.png

1673689079653.png

1673689483846.png

1673689441684.png

1673689581130.png

1673689790958.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Terroni,

The fact that they do not seem to have any in-house NN tech leaves open the possibility that they may have or could adopt Akida.

from @Bravo 's post:

"At about 6 mins Stefan Ortmanns says they have recently been shifting gear to bring in more proactive AI and he said something along these lines "What does it mean? So you bring everything you get together, so you have access to the sensors in the car, you an embedded solution, you have a cloud solution, and you also have this proactive AI, for example the road conditions or the weather conditions. And if you can bring everything together you have a personalised solution for the diver and also for the passengers and this is combines with what we call the (??? mighty ?? intelligence). And looking forward for the immersive experience, you need to bring in more together, it's not just about speech, it's about AI in general right so, with what I said wellness sensing, drunkenness detection, you know we're working on all this kind of cool stuff. We're working on emotional AI to have a better engagement with the passengers and also with the driver. And this is our future road map and we have vetted this with 50-60 OEM's across the globe and we did it together with a very well know consultancy firm."

At roughly 25 mins Stefan Ortmanns is asked how they compete with big tech like Alexa, Google, Apple, and how are they are co-exisiting because there are certain OEMS's using Alexa and certain ones using Cerence as well. In terms of what applications is Cerence providing Stephan replied stating something like "Alexa is a good example, so what you're seeing in the market is that OEM's are selecting us for their OEM branded solution and we are providing the wake word for interacting with Alexa, that's based on our core technology".

Now here comes the really good bit. At 29 mins the conversation turns to partnership statements, and they touch on NVDIA and whether Cerence view NVDIA as a competitor or partner (sounds familiar). This question was asked in relation to NVDIA having its own chauffeur product which enables some voice capabilities with its own hardware and software however Cerence has also been integrated into NVDIA's DRIVE platform. In describing this relationship, the Stefan Ortmanns says something like "So you're right. They have their own technology, but our technology stack is more advanced. And here we're talking about specifically Mercedes where they're positioned with their hardware and with our solution. There's also another semi-conductor big player, Qualcomm namely now they are working with Volkswagen group and they're also using our technology. So we're very flexible and open with our partners".

Following on form that they discuss how Cerence is also involved in the language processing for BMW which has to be "seamlessly integrated" with "very low latency"
."

The thing is that Cerence do not tell us much about their processor. The system is a processor with camera and microphone, programmed to determine whether the speaker is talking to the vehicle. Their product is really software.

There is no real detail about how the camera and microphone signals are classified - a job for which Akida is ideal. So it is entirely possible that Akida is used by Cerence, particularly, as Bravo points out, in view of the Mercedes connexion.

1673689564278.png

a processor programmed to receive the acoustic utterance, receive the occupant data, determine whether the occupant data is indicative of a vehicle feature, classify the acoustic utterance as a system-directed utterance in response to the occupant data being indicative of a vehicle feature, and process the acoustic utterance.

[0046] At block 410 , the processor 106 may process the utterance to determine the content of the utterance, e.g., the command or phrase spoken by the occupant. The processing may also determine other characteristics of the utterance, such as the tone, direction, occupant position within the vehicle, the specific occupant based on voice recognition, etc. Signal processing techniques including filtering, noise cancelation, amplification, beamforming, to name a few, may be implemented to process the utterance. In some instances, the tone of the utterance alone may be used to classify the utterance as system-directed or non-system-directed.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Hi Terroni,

The fact that they do not seem to have any in-house NN tech leaves open the possibility that they may have or could adopt Akida.

from @Bravo 's post:

"At about 6 mins Stefan Ortmanns says they have recently been shifting gear to bring in more proactive AI and he said something along these lines "What does it mean? So you bring everything you get together, so you have access to the sensors in the car, you an embedded solution, you have a cloud solution, and you also have this proactive AI, for example the road conditions or the weather conditions. And if you can bring everything together you have a personalised solution for the diver and also for the passengers and this is combines with what we call the (??? mighty ?? intelligence). And looking forward for the immersive experience, you need to bring in more together, it's not just about speech, it's about AI in general right so, with what I said wellness sensing, drunkenness detection, you know we're working on all this kind of cool stuff. We're working on emotional AI to have a better engagement with the passengers and also with the driver. And this is our future road map and we have vetted this with 50-60 OEM's across the globe and we did it together with a very well know consultancy firm."

Following on form that they discuss how Cerence is also involved in the language processing for BMW which has to be "seamlessly integrated" with "very low latency"
."

The thing is that Cerence do not tell us much about their processor. The system is a processor with camera and microphone, programmed to determine whether the speaker is talking to the vehicle. Their product is really software.

There is no real detail about how the camera and microphone signals are classified - a job for which Akida is ideal. So it is entirely possible that Akida is used by Cerence, particularly, as Bravo points out, in view of the Mercedes connexion.

View attachment 27088

a processor programmed to receive the acoustic utterance, receive the occupant data, determine whether the occupant data is indicative of a vehicle feature, classify the acoustic utterance as a system-directed utterance in response to the occupant data being indicative of a vehicle feature, and process the acoustic utterance.

[0046] At block 410 , the processor 106 may process the utterance to determine the content of the utterance, e.g., the command or phrase spoken by the occupant. The processing may also determine other characteristics of the utterance, such as the tone, direction, occupant position within the vehicle, the specific occupant based on voice recognition, etc. Signal processing techniques including filtering, noise cancelation, amplification, beamforming, to name a few, may be implemented to process the utterance. In some instances, the tone of the utterance alone may be used to classify the utterance as system-directed or non-system-directed.
Thanks Dio šŸ‘ much appreciated

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom