BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
I've seen interviews with Mike Davies where he states Loihi 2 was the first chip Intel produced on their new Intel 4 (7nm) process (pre production). Interesting choice given that Loihi is a research chip that is years away from commercialization (another statement from Mike)
Think about these FACTS:

Mike Davies knows about AKIDA and it’s power and performance at 28nm;

Loihi 2 at 7nm still burns 2 to 4 watts of power;

If Loihi 2 was produced in a less expensive 28nm you could run direct comparisons and the power savings he achieves at 7nm do not exist as a cover for just how far behind AKIDA Loihi 2 has fallen.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
You need to go back to the AGM presentation and comments made during the AGM by Sean Hehir and Peter van der Made and I have no doubt when you do the only chip they could possibly be producing is the AKIDA2000, AKD2000, AKIDA 2.0 which are all one in the same chip but as this shows a final ‘what will it be called’ has not been decided.

I am confident that the failure to settle on a final name is to allow AKIDA 1.0/ AKIDA TM clean air in the market place until they reach the point of a public launch of this next generation more advanced version.

If AKIDA 1.0 is Science Fiction this next generation will be Science Fiction on steroids.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi @Fact Finder, imagine how spun out we'd all be if the next iteration of AKIDA was called"ACE"? 😝

Thanks to @Sam for providing the screenshot below from ChatGPT3.

1673262924588.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
As always could be nothing could be something and could have already been posted.
Screenshot_20230110-124116~2.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

skutza

Regular
So this is my view from my place. I just moved my bids to .685 cause I'm an impatient prick. When BRN reaches $2 again I can knock down this currently holiday house and build a big double storey retirement home. Downstairs for when the daughter give us grand kids. As a wise man said, generational weath is what I am also in here for. Worst case, I gotta wait till I can access my super to build. Within 5 years and BRN will get me 5 years earlier retirement. Brunch was good. Hahaha, sorry to the Northen hemisphere people suffering the cold.
20230110_122405.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
We were initially expecting Akida 2 to include LSTM, and this would have required the inclusion of additional memory in the NPUs.

Then more recently we were alerted to transformers, which are alleged to be able to understand natural language. To do this, they will need sufficient memory to capture the context of speech, requiring a much larger memory. This means that each die (SoC) will have a significantly larger silicon footprint on the silicon wafer.

We were told that the electrical circuit design of Akida 2 with LSTM had been sent to Anil's group quite some time ago, before transformers raised their head(s). So it is possible that the extended period between the finalization of LSTM and this announcement was the result of the later addition of transformer functionality (and concomitant additional memory and associated logic).

So I'm if, as a result of the larger footprint, wondering if Akida 2 will be produced in a smaller format, eg, 7 nm, which, as the table shows, as of 2023, is quite a mature technology, so mature that a conservative company like Renesas has chosen it for its Akida MCU?

After all 7 nm has been with us for over 4 years ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_nm_process#:~:text=The first mainstream 7 nm mobile processor intended,was released at Apple's September 2018 event. ).

View attachment 26652

There were sound reasons for choosing 28 nm for Akida 1, and I'm surmising that the immaturity of smaller scales was among the foremost. However Renesas' choice of 7 nm suggests that the tech is now well accepted.

Of course there are a number of intermediate technologies which Anil may choose, but I doubt he will go smaller than 7 nm.
SOME more fact based SPECULATION:

7nm more expensive than 28nm so perhaps the LDA Capital call is funding the shortfall over the previously budgeted amount. The CFO Ken Scarince said the amounts in the end June 2022 4C was for the IP and other costs to produce AKD2000. The release today states to fund the production of the chip.

Conveniently 7nm is available from Intel in due course if they go with TSMC again.

At 7nm AKIDA can be benchmarked directly against Loihi 2.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hi FF,
No assertions, just the layman opinion of a member on a chat forum, but thanks for your reply.
Regards
Ds

No one here can even take your opinion seriously.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Bill Miller is a dirty dog :cool:
One of many of my law enforcement followers on LinkedIn.👀 fixed
Just in case people think I'm calling law enforcement people dirty dogs that is not the case.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hi @Fact Finder, imagine how spun out we'd all be if the next iteration of AKIDA was called"ACE"? 😝

View attachment 26659
I cannot tell you why but that will have been an amazing omen for great fortune if that were to be the case.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love

Earlyrelease

Regular
Exactly right. This has to happen and the CFO has been good at timing these to date with positive news. Just picked up another 10K based on the unneccessary drop.
From memory didn’t the last raise coincide with a growth in share price thus reducing the shares required for the amount sought? Maybe some good info may be on the horizon.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
From memory didn’t the last raise coincide with a growth in share price thus reducing the shares required for the amount sought? Maybe some good info may be on the horizon.
I seem to remember that being the case also.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
I cannot tell you why but that will have been an amazing omen for great fortune if that were to be the case.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Perhaps ACE might stand for something??

Akida
C…?
E…?

😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 26659
ChatGPT is either the world's greatest espionage agent (007), or the world's greatest liar ( Walter Mitty Richard Nixon Donald Trump Pinocchio [insert name here]).

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Moonshot

Regular
neuromorphic-computing-ai

There is a video on what Accenture did with Mercedes for voice recognition which would have likely been the origins of the EQXX Brainchip collaboration. Was originally with Intel.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

White Horse

Regular
I think you’ll find that Sean has a personal relationship with Accenture, most likely through his days at HP so that’s just another reason why Sean may be doing this podcast.
Just my opinion 😁
Hi Chapman89,
I think most people are making something out of nothing regarding Sean taking this podcast.
People with short memories again.
This time last year there was no podcast because of annual leave/holidays.
So this year Sean has decided to keep the fire stoked and lend a hand.
A few people that have made rash/ irrational statements this morning, should have had a cuppa and slice of toast, while they nutted things through, before making somewhat disparaging statements about RT.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 27 users
  • Sad
  • Thinking

Newk R

Regular
So this is my view from my place. I just moved my bids to .685 cause I'm an impatient prick. When BRN reaches $2 again I can knock down this currently holiday house and build a big double storey retirement home. Downstairs for when the daughter give us grand kids. As a wise man said, generational weath is what I am also in here for. Worst case, I gotta wait till I can access my super to build. Within 5 years and BRN will get me 5 years earlier retirement. Brunch was good. Hahaha, sorry to the Northen hemisphere people suffering the cold. View attachment 26661
Very noice!
What part of the world. Looks slightly familiar.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF, where abouts was that image that showed the functionality of each chip version ?

Top Bottom