BRN Discussion Ongoing

Shadow59

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
What about brainchip saying, socionext and VVDN will showcase akida?
Is that not happening.
I am pretty sure that if they are saying they will be demo'ing something with socionext, prophesee, VVDN, and NVISO.... that they will indeed be doing it... as per https://finance.yahoo.com/news/brainchip-joins-technology-partners-during-170000207.html and https://nviso.ai/en/news/nviso-s-la...l-neuromorphic-processor-platform-at-ces-2023

This isn't new. This hasn't changed. Why would you think that it is not happening?

baby-spoon.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Pmel

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

M_C

Founding Member
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users
The other day someone suggested Brainchip only had one product.

I think this is an inappropriate way to look at AKIDA technology.

AKIDA technology is at its heart a neural processing engine (NPE) AKD1000/AKIDA 1.0 whatever name you want to give it is made up of 80 of these Neural Processing Units (NPUs).

AKD1000 is designed to allow for 64 x AKD1000 to be ganged together and this would then be a semiconductor of 5,120 NPU’s

Brainchip has said they could if needed gang 1,024 AKD1000 chips together making a total of 81,920 NPU’s.

Renesas licenced just two nodes or 8 NPE’s.

Anil Mankar stated at the 2021 Ai Field Day that you could do keyword spotting with just one node if you did not have latency concerns but 1.5 to 2 nodes would likely be desirable and referenced Renesas.

MegaChips licensed an 80 NPU AKD1000 IP.

Edge Impulse is comparing AKD1000 with a GPU.

So my point is Brainchip does not have just one semiconductor it has on its IP shelf 81,920 variants of that semiconductor IP which can be sold for an ultra low powered single purpose MCU right through to a computing task requiring the computing power of 81,920 NPUs or 1,024 AKD1000 chips.

1,024 AKD1000 chips would give you the computing power of 1,024 GPUs for a total cost of $25,600 being 1,024 x $25.00.

As Peter van der Made said in his Pitt Street Research interview in 2021 ‘we are only just getting started.’

Something further occurred to me which if you doubt my proposition may convince you.

If you look up Intel’s Loihi 1 & 2 you will see the actual manifestation of what I am alluding to as they start with two Loihi chips to make their base product USB then gang together in different numbers to create further variants of Loihi with different Hawaiian names right up to their attempt at a full blown neuromorphic server and claim each one as a separate distinct product.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 77 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Lex555

Regular
Just checking. Do you have any details, links?
Hi Pmel, from my understanding they will be demonstrating Akida at their booths for clients, not presenting a keynote mentioning Akida. Hope this helps

Reactions: 15 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hi Pmel, from my understanding they will be demonstrating Akida at their booths for clients, not presenting a keynote mentioning Akida. Hope this helps
Correct. That is exactly what the press release said.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
you can read so much about the CES and so many things are liked on LikedIn by "Hinz und Kunz", phew... I don't think I'll post anything anymore today and go to bed. I lost track. Hope you have a green day again. We in Bavaria have Holy Three Kings tomorrow.

Taissa Farmiga Im Lost GIF by The Roku Channel

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
I'm sorry, I found that boring as batshit - doesn't TESLA have automatic lane changes etc? Not quite as groundbreaking as I was expecting....
I see this more as an announcement to Germany. Almost nothing is happening here despite or because of this government. Industry, no matter which one, is bad here for many. You can't understand that. But it was my first thought, why not make this announcement here? Over there they are more openly rational. And don't worry about Tesla it's perfectly normal that the big brother has to clear the way for all the other siblings, he has it the hardest. Everyone after that just has to follow the path.

Reactions: 7 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

To further comment on my post. As someone might ask where is Akida?

The Socionext CES "advanced AI" for custom automatic SoC solution for OEMs and tier-one automaker is AKIDA.

"BrainChip joins Socionext in the Vehicle Tech and Advanced Mobility Zone, located in the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall in Booth 10654. Socionext will be showcasing its leading-edge technologies and solutions in automotive imaging, AI, and smart sensing to help customers develop feature rich custom SoCs that enable product differentiation with an added competitive edge. Socionext has played an important role in the implementation of BrainChip’s AI technology in SoCs and the companies are working together to satisfy the need for AI in edge computing."

Learning 🏖 🕺🎼
PS, Socionext might not have the fanfare of Qualcomm in presentation at CES, but the solution for future mobility is as good or better. Time will tells. "Exciting times!" 🚃🚜🛤

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

cosors

👀
I'm sorry, I found that boring as batshit - doesn't TESLA have automatic lane changes etc? Not quite as groundbreaking as I was expecting....
Many years ago Tesla demonstratively installed charging stations on the motorway between Audi, Audi Sport GmbH, MB and Porsche and all their suppliers. All managers of the aforementioned companies use this Autobahn. A clever move.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
The other day someone suggested Brainchip only had one product.

I think this is an inappropriate way to look at AKIDA technology.

AKIDA technology is at its heart a node. AKD1000/AKIDA 1.0 whatever name you want to give it is made up of 80 of these nodes.

AKD1000 is designed to allow for 64 x AKD1000 to be ganged together and this would then be a semiconductor of 5,120 nodes.

Brainchip has said they could if needed gang 1,024 AKD1000 chips together making a total of 81,920 nodes.

Renesas licenced just two nodes.

Anil Mankar stated at the 2021 Ai Field Day that you could do keyword spotting with just one node if you did not have latency concerns but 1.5 to 2 nodes would likely be desirable and referenced Renesas.

MegaChips licensed an 80 node AKD1000 IP.

Edge Impulse is comparing AKD1000 with a GPU.

So my point is Brainchip does not have just one semiconductor it has on its IP shelf 81,920 variants of that semiconductor IP which can be sold for an ultra low powered single purpose MCU right through to a computing task requiring the computing power of 81,920 nodes or 1,024 AKD1000 chips.

1,024 AKD1000 chips would give you the computing power of 1,024 GPUs for a total cost of $25,600 being 1,024 x $25.00.

As Peter van der Made said in his Pitt Street Research interview in 2021 ‘we are only just getting started.’

Something further occurred to me which if you doubt my proposition may convince you.

If you look up Intel’s Loihi 1 & 2 you will see the actual manifestation of what I am alluding to as they start with two Loihi chips to make their base product USB then gang together in different numbers to create further variants of Loihi with different Hawaiian names right up to their attempt at a full blown neuromorphic server and claim each one as a separate distinct product.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
One final absolutely mind blowing FACT which I am struggling with but hopefully most recall the chart where AKD1000 at $US15.00 was compared with a Nvidia GPU at $US30,000.00.

I still have trouble with those numbers but consider this:

1. 1,024 x AKD1000 chips at $US15.00 is $US15,360.00, while

2. 1,024 x Nvidia GPU’s at $US30,000.00 is $US30,720,000.00
that is thirty million seven hundred and twenty thousand US dollars.

This is beyond understanding yet it is FACT.

It is why wombats who come here with there irrational fears and negativity are so pathetic and annoy the living daylights out of me now. It is just this obvious what Brainchip has achieved and we still have to suffer fools, liars and cheats.

This is like Bill Gates announcing he has cracked the Electric Vehicle market and he will be selling Tesla equivalent luxury models for $500.00 plus tax from today.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA - the new definition of Science Fiction made real

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users
Got a 5th person in my friends/family group to buy BRN, they bought 3k worth at 77 cents near end of day

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Labsy

Regular
I think Xilinx ai (which they recently acquired) is said to be behind this.
Yes you are spot on buddy. Me feel excited about how important our tech is in the industry...even if AMD aren't necessarily using us. Perhaps a competitor very soon?? We are in the box seat.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

NickBRN

View attachment 26301
View attachment 26303

Pretty sure the article is an old one but Lyes from Sony just re-posted and was liked by Rob

Interestingly R. B Benosman was co-founder of Prophesee. However, according to his profile he is 'no longer in contact' with them.

He is now Director of Research (Neuromorphic Event based sensing and computation) at Meta

:unsure:Akida + Meta?
https://www.linkedin.com/company/10667/

Reactions: 14 users

Lex555

Regular
Got a 5th person in my friends/family group to buy BRN, they bought 3k worth at 77 cents near end of day
Mate it’s a slippery slope once they start accumulating BRN, soon it’ll be 10k a hit. Hope you warned them

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hang on Guy's.
The ride continues.
Spew if you must, but don't get off before we reach our destination.
Phat city.🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

stuart888

Regular
This is fantastic from Soionext! There are so clues in the text featured, plus they show a more detail spec sheet on the video to be reviewed.

Yeah to @Fact Finder and the 1% or higher potential (and informative posts)!

1672961976795.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users
Top Bottom