BRN Discussion Ongoing

These guys are apparently on the hunt :unsure:

Chipmaker Infineon Ready to Spend Billions on Acquisitions - CEO​

By Reuters
Dec. 28, 2022

MUNICH (Reuters) -Infineon is ready to spend several billion euros on the right takeover target as it searches for acquisitions to boost growth, Chief Executive Jochen Hanebeck said in an interview published on Wednesday.

The German chip maker is constantly "on the lookout" for suitable companies, Hanebeck told Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ). "I see it in the range of up to a few billion (euros)."

The plans come at a time when demand for chips used in everything from smartphones to cars soars and supply chain bottlenecks lasting almost two years have plagued global industries from autos to healthcare and telecoms.
Infineon, which reported a 63% jump in segment profit to 3.4 billion euros ($3.6 billion) in the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, has said it sees growth in particular in electromobility, autonomous driving, renewable energy, data centres, and the so-called internet of things.

The CEO would not comment on individual takeover candidates, according to the newspaper. He said the company could expand its portfolio in several fields, including power semiconductors, sensors, software and artificial intelligence.

It was quite conceivable that start-ups that are not sufficiently well financed, for example, would want to join a corporation, Hanebeck told FAZ.

Infineon had bought U.S. rivals Cypress Semiconductor for $10 billion and International Rectifier for $3 billion in 2019 and 2014, respectively, to expand in next-generation automobiles and Internet technologies.

To boost production capacity in Europe in a fiercely contested market, Brussels in February launched the so-called Chips Act, enabling 15 billion euros in additional public and private investment in the industry by 2030 on top of 30 billion euros of public investments already planned.

Infineon said last month it was planning a new 5 billion-euro factory in the eastern German city of Dresden.

Taiwan's TSMC is also in advanced talks about setting up its first European plant in Dresden, according to a media report.
Intel, on the other hand, has backed away from its original target of opening a chip factory in eastern Germany in the first half of 2023, according to another media report.

($1 = 0.9405 euros)

(Reporting by Kirsti Knolle, editing by John Revill, Maria Sheahan and Tomasz Janowski)
Copyright 2022 Thomson Reuters.
In this environment I wonder who would lend them the extra 95 billion???😂🤣🤡😂🤣😎🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Latest newsletter from Edge AI

edge-ai-vision.com edge-ai-vision.com

A NEWSLETTER FROM THE EDGE AI AND VISION ALLIANCE
Early July 2022 | VOL. 12, NO. 13
To view this newsletter online, please click here
EDGE AI DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT

Deploying PyTorch Models for Real-time Inference On the EdgeNomitri
In this 2021 Embedded Vision Summit presentation, Moritz August, CDO at Nomitri GmbH, provides an overview of workflows for deploying compressed deep learning models, starting with PyTorch and creating native C++ application code running in real-time on embedded hardware platforms. He illustrates these workflows on smartphones with real-world examples targeting Arm-based CPUs, GPUs, and NPUs as well as embedded chips and modules like the NXP i.MX8+ and NVIDIA Jetson Nano. August examines TorchScript, architecture-side optimizations, quantization and common pitfalls. Additionally, he shows how the PyTorch deployment workflow can be extended to conversion to ONNX and quantization of ONNX models using an ONNX Runtime. On the application side, he demonstrates how deployed models can be integrated efficiently into a C++ library that runs natively on mobile and embedded devices and highlights known limitations.

Streamlining the Development of Edge AI ApplicationsNVIDIA
Edge AI provides benefits for cost, latency, privacy, and connectivity. Developing and deploying optimized, accurate and effect AI on edge-based systems is a time-consuming, challenging and complex process. In this talk from the 2021 Embedded Vision Summit, Barrie Mullins, former Director of Technical Product Marketing at NVIDIA, explains how the company makes it easier for developers to build, deploy, maintain and manage embedded edge products. NVIDIA Jetson brings accelerated AI performance to the edge in a power-efficient and compact module form factor. Together with NVIDIA pretrained models, Transfer Learning Toolkit, DeepStream and JetPack SDK, these Jetson modules open the door for you to develop and deploy innovative products across all industries.

SECURITY AND SURVEILLANCE APPLICATIONS

Developing and Deploying a Privacy-preserving Vision-based Sensor System for Commercial Real EstateXY Sense
In the United States alone, commercial buildings contain roughly 70 billion square feet of space. Constructing, operating and maintaining this space consumes a tremendous amount of resources. Yet, facility operators typically have little insight into how their spaces are utilized. XY Sense set out to develop a solution that allows facilities operators to obtain accurate, real-time information on how spaces are utilized, enabling informed decisions about how to adjust and allocate their spaces. XY Sense’s solution uses wide-angle cameras to collect real-time occupancy information over large areas while preserving privacy and security. In this 2021 Embedded Vision Summit interview conducted by Jeff Bier, Founder of the Edge AI and Vision Alliance, Luke Murray, the co-founder and CTO of XY Sense, introduces the key requirements of the application, and explores some of the challenges that XY Sense overcame in developing and deploying its solutions—including monitoring people’s movements without compromising privacy—and the approaches the company employed to overcome these challenges.

Challenges in Vision-based Adaptive Traffic Control SystemsSahaj Software Solutions
Adaptive traffic control systems (ATCSs) adjust traffic signal timing based on demand. Venkatesh Wadawadagi, Solution Consultant at Sahaj Software Solutions, begins this 2021 Embedded Vision Summit talk by presenting the main building blocks of a vision-based ATCS, including pre-processing, vehicle detection, vehicle classification and vehicle tracking. Next, he examines several of the key technical challenges in developing a computer vision-based ATCS and explores approaches for overcoming these challenges. These challenges stem from the need for an ATCS to perform accurate person and vehicle detection despite a huge variety of vehicle types, occlusion of objects of interest and difficult lighting conditions.

UPCOMING INDUSTRY EVENTS

Accelerating TensorFlow Models on Intel Compute Devices Using Only 2 Lines of Code - Intel Webinar: August 25, 2022, 9:00 am PT

More Events

FEATURED NEWS

e-con Systems Launches a Multi-camera Solution for the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin

New Arm Total Compute Solutions Redefine Visual Experiences

The VVDN-QCS610/410 Development Kit Meets Next-generation Visual AI Intelligence Application Requirements

IDS Imaging Development Systems' uEye XC Closes the Market Gap Between Industrial Cameras and Webcams

Qualcomm's New Unified AI Stack Portfolio Revolutionizes Developer Access and Extends AI Leadership Across the Connected Intelligent Edge

More News

EDGE AI AND VISION PRODUCT OF THE YEAR WINNER SHOWCASE

Luxonis OAK-D-Lite (Best Camera or Sensor)Luxonis
Luxonis’ OAK-D-Lite is the 2022 Edge AI and Vision Product of the Year Award winner in the Cameras and Sensors category. OAK-D-Lite is Luxonis’ next-generation spatial AI camera. It can run AI and CV on-device and fuse these results with stereo disparity depth perception to provide spatial coordinates of detected objects or features it detects. OAK-D-Lite combines the power of the Intel Myriad X Visual Processing Unit with a 4K (13 Mpixel) color camera and 480P stereo depth cameras, and can produce 300k depth points at up to 200 FPS. It has an USB-C connector for power delivery and communication with the host computer, and its 4.5 W max power consumption is ideal for low power applications. It has a baseline distance of 7.5 cm so it can perceive depth from 20 cm up to 15 m. OAK-D-Lite is an entry-level device designed to be accessible to anyone, from corporations to students. Its tiny form factor can fit just about anywhere, including in your pocket, and it comes with a sleek front gorilla-glass cover. OAK-D-Lite is offered at MSRP of $149.

Please see here for more information on Luxonis’ OAK-D-Lite. The Edge AI and Vision Product of the Year Awards celebrate the innovation of the industry's leading companies that are developing and enabling the next generation of edge AI and computer vision products. Winning a Product of the Year award recognizes a company's leadership in edge AI and computer vision as evaluated by independent industry experts.
About This E-Mail
LETTERS AND COMMENTS TO THE EDITOR: Letters and comments can be directed to the editor, Brian Dipert, at insights@edge-ai-vision.com.

PASS IT ON...Feel free to forward this newsletter to your colleagues. If this newsletter was forwarded to you and you would like to receive it regularly, click here to register.
Edge AI and Vision Alliance, 1646 N California Blvd, Suite 360, Walnut Creek, California 94596, United States, +1 925.954.1411
Unsubscribe Manage preferences
Just bringing these up front as vvdn was mentioned.
Earlier.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I’m still reeling from the VVDN news.

Their video below is worth a quick view!

Earlier in the week I read they are planning to be making 500 mil in sales in 3 years: nice!

After CES they are at auto expo 2023.

1672739821790.png

Followed by

1672739926865.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
A PREDICTION.

I am sure that most members probably all will understand the significance of the problem that these NASA funded researchers are suggesting can be solved by using SNN based Ai to resolve routing problems in communication networks.

We know that Brainchip has been approached by at least one communication company.

So my prediction is that the use of AKIDA based technology in or as the device for routing in communication networks, be they wireless, 4G, 5G, 6G or private networks, will become ubiquitous and generate billions in revenue.

Delay-Packet-Loss-Optimized Distributed Routing Using Spiking Neural Network in Delay-Tolerant Networking​

DOI:10.3390/s23010310
Authors:
Gandhimathi Velusamy
Gandhimathi Velusamy

Ricardo Lent
Ricardo Lent

Download full-text PDF
References (48)
Figures (2)

Abstract and Figures​

Satellite communication is inevitable due to the Internet of Everything and the exponential increase in the usage of smart devices. Satellites have been used in many applications to make human life safe, secure, sophisticated, and more productive. The applications that benefit from satellite communication are Earth observation (EO), military missions, disaster management, and 5G/6G integration, to name a few. These applications rely on the timely and accurate delivery of space data to ground stations. However, the channels between satellites and ground stations suffer attenuation caused by uncertain weather conditions and long delays due to line-of-sight constraints, congestion, and physical distance. Though inter-satellite links (ISLs) and inter-orbital links (IOLs) create multiple paths between satellite nodes, both ISLs and IOLs have the same issues. Some essential applications, such as EO, depend on time-sensitive and error-free data delivery, which needs better throughput connections. It is challenging to route space data to ground stations with better QoS by leveraging the ISLs and IOLs. Routing approaches that use the shortest path to optimize latency may cause packet losses and reduced throughput based on the channel conditions, while routing methods that try to avoid packet losses may end up delivering data with long delays. Existing routing algorithms that use multi-optimization goals tend to use priority-based optimization to optimize either of the metrics. However, critical satellite missions that depend on high-throughput and low-latency data delivery need routing approaches that optimize both metrics concurrently. We used a modified version of Kleinrock’s power metric to reduce delay and packet losses and verified it with experimental evaluations. We used a cognitive space routing approach, which uses a reinforcement-learning-based spiking neural network to implement routing strategies in NASA’s High Rate Delay Tolerant Networking (HDTN) project”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
A PREDICTION.

I am sure that most members probably all will understand the significance of the problem that these NASA funded researchers are suggesting can be solved by using SNN based Ai to resolve routing problems in communication networks.

We know that Brainchip has been approached by at least one communication company.

So my prediction is that the use of AKIDA based technology in or as the device for routing in communication networks, be they wireless, 4G, 5G, 6G or private networks, will become ubiquitous and generate billions in revenue.

Delay-Packet-Loss-Optimized Distributed Routing Using Spiking Neural Network in Delay-Tolerant Networking​

DOI:10.3390/s23010310
Authors:
Gandhimathi Velusamy
Gandhimathi Velusamy

Ricardo Lent
Ricardo Lent

Download full-text PDF
References (48)
Figures (2)

Abstract and Figures​

Satellite communication is inevitable due to the Internet of Everything and the exponential increase in the usage of smart devices. Satellites have been used in many applications to make human life safe, secure, sophisticated, and more productive. The applications that benefit from satellite communication are Earth observation (EO), military missions, disaster management, and 5G/6G integration, to name a few. These applications rely on the timely and accurate delivery of space data to ground stations. However, the channels between satellites and ground stations suffer attenuation caused by uncertain weather conditions and long delays due to line-of-sight constraints, congestion, and physical distance. Though inter-satellite links (ISLs) and inter-orbital links (IOLs) create multiple paths between satellite nodes, both ISLs and IOLs have the same issues. Some essential applications, such as EO, depend on time-sensitive and error-free data delivery, which needs better throughput connections. It is challenging to route space data to ground stations with better QoS by leveraging the ISLs and IOLs. Routing approaches that use the shortest path to optimize latency may cause packet losses and reduced throughput based on the channel conditions, while routing methods that try to avoid packet losses may end up delivering data with long delays. Existing routing algorithms that use multi-optimization goals tend to use priority-based optimization to optimize either of the metrics. However, critical satellite missions that depend on high-throughput and low-latency data delivery need routing approaches that optimize both metrics concurrently. We used a modified version of Kleinrock’s power metric to reduce delay and packet losses and verified it with experimental evaluations. We used a cognitive space routing approach, which uses a reinforcement-learning-based spiking neural network to implement routing strategies in NASA’s High Rate Delay Tolerant Networking (HDTN) project”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I can recall some discussion about Cisco who’s could be interested as well.

I think they were listed in a CEO presentation (going back a few years) as a company Brainchip had conversations with.

1672741342046.png

I appreciate LinkedIn is a loose dot but it’s nice to see an employee from Cisco liking Brainchips recent New Years salutation!

1672741512887.jpeg

:)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

JoMo68

Regular
Don’t give up on the bread making @Rise from the ashes I have been making sourdough bread for 3 years now and it took a few attempts to get it right. It took a while but now I understand the process and know when my dough is ready to bake. Just like everything in life you learn most when things don’t go quite right. 🍞🍞🍞🍞
I’ve learnt to make a pretty decent sourdough loaf over the last 3 years too. Lovely smell of freshly baking bread on the weekends 😋

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Schwale

Regular
Apologies if this article has already been posted. Looks like a lot of work is going into event based cameras.

For those wandering who Thomas is... I have attached a screen shot of his profile also. He is from Airbus.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103_211405_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230103_211405_LinkedIn.jpg
    795.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20230103_211445_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20230103_211445_LinkedIn.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users
D

Deleted member 118

I’ve learnt to make a pretty decent sourdough loaf over the last 3 years too. Lovely smell of freshly baking bread on the weekends 😋
Got the recipe please x but do you have a quicker one than one that takes 3 years to make

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I can recall some discussion about Cisco who’s could be interested as well.

I think they were listed in a CEO presentation (going back a few years) as a company Brainchip had conversations with.

View attachment 26052

I appreciate LinkedIn is a loose dot but it’s nice to see an employee from Cisco liking Brainchips recent New Years salutation!

View attachment 26057

:)
Much much more than discussions they actually worked together.

Off topic but Noam Chomsky is still alive at 94 years and continuing to lead thought on why current deep training is the direct opposite of artificial intelligence. This is an interesting interview with him and others:

Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar recognised and understood this two decades ago and the search for the AKIDA technology Science Fiction began.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Apologies if this article has already been posted. Looks like a lot of work is going into event based cameras.

For those wandering who Thomas is... I have attached a screen shot of his profile also. He is from Airbus.
Great catch @Schwale

His name put me in mind of hunting vampires and I wondered if event based cameras could photograph vampires which is something frame based cameras cannot do.

If so then vampires could do their own interviews and be on reality TV like ‘Vampire wants a Wife’.
😂🤣🤡🤣😂🪁🪁🪁🪁🪁

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good evening Chippers,

Getting exciting again. Bring it.

Many moons ago when one would trade , I would often crank the sound system , listening to trance music.
Truely an amazing way to release endorphins naturally ( for those that are unaware , endorphins are a naturally produced drug in one's mind which for some allow the brain to function in a truely relaxed yet very engaged state ).

Tis my favourite music.

Once again having a few steadiers as the day comes to an end and , for myself, listening to some amazing music.

Would highly recommend those with a sound system ( with the ability to CRANK the volume) & a phone (wireless voodo) search the world wide web for this lass...

KRISMI - Live @ Montreal, Canada set.
Runs for roughly 50 mins.
TURN IT UP AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE , FULLY RELAX THE BODY AND LET ONES MIND FLOAT.

Find ones self a comfy spot ideally with bottle of one's favourite & preferably with a loved one ....enjoy.

Funnily enough this lass reminds me of BRAVO , amoungst others scouting out leads for everyone here.

The above listening session, homework if you will , will help put you in the mind set of non other than probably the most influential controller of funds under management on planet earth ....

Larry Fink of BlackRock,
Roughly overseeing $10 Trillion USD, has been known to often borrow the corporate jet and enjoy IBIZA In Greece,
Land of the dance party.

Might add, BlackRock holds over 2% of Brainchips stock through various entitys pressently.

THE HEAVENS WILL OPEN my fellow party members. 🥳

For those that are time poor, live in built up suburbia or such music is not one's thing skip to 42:14 mark in above set... fitting.

Once again if some one vastly more savvy than myself could locate & post connection in above music would be greatly appreciated 🙏.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

ndefries

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Good evening Chippers,

Many moons ago when one would trade , I would often crank the sound system , listening to trance music.
Truely an amazing way to release endorphins naturally ( for those that are unaware , endorphins are a naturally produced drug in one's mind which for some allow the brain to function in a truely relaxed yet very engaged state ).

Tis my favourite music.

Once again having a few steadiers as the day comes to an end and , for myself, listening to some amazing music.

Would highly recommend those with a sound system ( with the ability to CRANK the volume) & a phone (wireless voodo) search the world wide web for this lass...

TURN IT UP AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE , FULLY RELAX THE BODY AND MIND FLOAT.

Find ones self a comfy spot ideally with bottle of one's favourite & preferably with a loved one ....enjoy.

Funnily enough this lass reminds me of BRAVO , amoungst others scouting out leads for everyone here.

The above listening session, homework if you will , will help put you in the mind set of non other than probably the most influential controller of funds under management on planet earth ....

Larry Fink of BlackRock,
Roughly overseeing $10 Trillion USD, has been known to often borrow the corporate jet and enjoy IBIZA In Greece,
Land of the dance party.

Might add, BlackRock holds over 2% of Brainchips stock through various entitys pressently.

For those that are time poor, live in built up suburbia or such music is not one's thing skip to 42:14 mark in above set... fitting.

Once again if some one vastly more savvy than myself could locate & post connection in above music would be greatly appreciated 🙏.

Regards,
Esq.
Your a Legend esq 🎉

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
I'd appreciate if everyone would stop haha emojing my posts.... I'm a serious investor!

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

JK200SX

Regular
Good evening Chippers,

Tis my favourite music.

Larry Fink of BlackRock,
Land of the dance party.

Regards,
Esq.
You mean Ibiza in Spain? Greece has Mykonos and the very alluring Lesbos:)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
It's so great watching Tim Llewellyn frothing over Brainchip, his enthusiasm is infectious.
You can just tell that Akida is lighting up absolutely everything that he has been working so hard to achieve over the past 13 years.
He's so excited, that he barely seems to be able to contain himself 😁
I can't help think that Luca Verre, ( Prophesee ), is feeling a little the same !

"Tim Llewellyn is President of Bonseyes AI Marketplace. Bonseyes is an open and expandable AI platform that intends to transform AI development from a cloud centric model, dominated by large internet companies, to an edge device centric model through a marketplace and an open AI platform. Tim Llewellyn is also CEO and co-founder of Nviso, a company that provides artificial intelligence solutions."

"Tim Llewellyn started nViso October 2009"

"Tim Llewellyn is CEO and Co-founder of nViso SA. Tim has 10 years’ experience in high-tech startups and is pioneering a truly scalable emotion recognition platform to help capture and analyze the emotional response and visual attention of consumers on a scale and level of detail not previously possible. Tim received his B.E. and M.E. (Hons) degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand in 1999 and 2001. Tim was a speaker at the ESOMAR 3D Digital Dimensions 2011 conference in Miami. Prior to founding nViso, Tim worked on ultralow power wearable devices as part of the Swatch Group. In Swatch, Tim helped build the first ultra-low power Smart Watches together with Microsoft, which turned out well ahead of its time."
I have an idea that ZF is a member of Bonseyes. The following article whether AKIDA is involved is secondary because it highlights how important cognitive communication networks are and will be in the future:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Good evening Chippers,

Tis my favourite music.

Larry Fink of BlackRock,
Land of the dance party.

Regards,
Esq.
Is it this one? Esq.111.

Learning 🏖 🪩🎛🎧🎼

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom